Pidgeot @ Life Orb/Choice Band
    Trait: Keen Eye
    EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Pursuit
    - U-turn
    - Brave Bird
    - Steel Wing

Made up set.Pursuit hit's running Pokemon hard,U-turn can switch,Brave Bird gets STAB and is plain powerful,Steel wing for Rock and Ice(mostly Frosslass)typesLife orb to switch moves and take damage everytime,Choice Band to not change moves not take damage and not change moves.Pidgeot.The orignal bird(If you don't count fearow)is becoming worse but can be used.44 SDef Evşs so that download users donşt get SAtk boost.
    Last edited by Tyson9182; 11th May 2012 at 8:31 PM. Reason: Forgot somthing
    Primus et Ultimus
    Come Join!http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=547265
    0 Denarii

My Luckiest Battle Ever
    40-65423-88705

Looking For:
    (Pearl)
    Murkrow/Honchkrow
    Larvitar/pupitar/tyranitar
    Arceus
    (Black)
    Thundurus
    Landorus
    Archen/Archeops
    Drizzle Poliwhirl(With Kings Rock)
    Drought Vulpix/Ninetales
    Aron
    (SS)
    None as of now

Pokemon Black : 8 Badges E4 and champion beaten
    Pokemon White: 8 Badges E4 Beaten
    Pokemon SS: ;28; ;12; 8 Badges

What I'm saying is that your Pidgeot can't do anything. 80 Base Attack doesn't KO the things you need it to. Heck, it probably doesn't even beat Tangela, which is a pretty big problem.

Also, Charizard and Pidgeot having different roles? Charizard can beat pretty much everything that Pidgeot can, granted in a different sort of way, as well as more. The vast, vast, vast majority of teams can breeze past Bastiodon/Probopass - they are normally only there to get Stealth Rocks up and maybe KO something random. As long as you are using your Bird as a late game sweeper, then you shouldn't have any problem. If you want something that can beat Regirock and can still fire off powerfulish attacks, then use Quagsire with curse. At least that can beat Golem, and pretty much the only thing that it looses to that Pidgeot beats is Vileplume. Completely different roles, yes, but Quagsire can kill the same things and do more.

That Pidgeot set might do some random stuff, but the majority of the time it's going to be outclassed by the other birds in NU. It can't even reliably beat Bastiodon or Probopass, as it could predict them wrong. If you used Hidden Power [Ground] on a Tangela, thinking it would switch, then it's going to be pretty embarassing. At least Superpower from a Braviary might do some damage.

By the way, Rotom-S beats Pidgeot because it can outspeed and KO with Volt-turn, wheras Charizard would abuse its Sub.
    Last edited by Barbeller; 11th May 2012 at 8:50 PM.

Spoiler:- saving space with spoilers:

I think the point isn't weather or not Pidgeot sucks (we already know the answer to that) it's what the best set for Pidgeot is.

Pidgeot can run a reasonable effective Life Orb set to plow through a lot of its counters in NU, and even sweep. HP Grass can actually OHKO Quagsire and 2HKO Alomomola. HP Fighting beats (kinda) Bastiodon and Probopass. It even gets Heat Wave to cut apart Tangela.

Work Up (or Return) / Brave Bird / Hidden Power / Heat Wave (or filler) can weaken it's common counters, letting something else sweep. Charizard can't do the EXACT same thing as it has a much more crippling Stealth Rock weakness, different typing and... no Ghost immunity?

Edit: nvm just read Jesusfreak's post.

To be honest, I'm perfectly supportive of it going on POTW. I'm just saying, it is still outclassed. It doesn't beat Regirock, as Regirock will just Toxic/Thunder Wave it. Once it's Paralysed, you can't Roost off the Stone Edge damage, as you wont be able to get rid of your Paralysis in time. Hidden Power [Ground] takes 4 or 5 hits to KO Regirock, and if you Roost spam then Regirock will just use Drain Punch or another of it's support moves. At least Braviary can hit it for about 60% damage. That leaves it easily suspectible next time. The vast majority of NU wont let Pidgeot Roost anyway, seeing as it is quite a fast and offensive tier. It can't Roost on the Grasses, as they will simply Sleep Powder it, and other things such as Magmortar and Gorebyss don't ever give it the opportunity to Roost. Misdreavus will just Will-o-wisp it then Pain Split, manipulationg your gained HP. Audino will just Toxic or Thunder Wave it, then slowly Wish away the damage as you die, or leave you crippled for the rest of the match. I honestly can't find a single pokemon that it can safely Roost against. If I am wrong, please inform me. I just really can't see how Roost is an advantage.

Personal Moveset
    Naive/Naughty Nature w/ 220 Attack, 220 Sp Attack, 70 on speed
    Keen Eye/Tangled Feet equiped with Sharp Beak or Life Orb.

Unova-exclusive
    Hurricane/Air Slash
    Facade
    HP Fighting/Fire/Ground
    U-Turn

Poke-trasfered
    Hurricane/Air Slash
    Facade
    Heat Wave
    U-Turn

Partners
    Rain Dancers if Hurricane is to be used espically when either equiped with Damp Rock.
    Teeter Dance users if Tangled Feet is used.
    Earthquake/Bulldoze-users

Countering
    Rock-types espically, along with Electric and Ice-types, that espically know moves like Electroweb, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Frost Breath, Ancientpower, Power Gem or etc. Some examples include Probopass, Frost Rotom, Tyranitar, Magnezone, and Kabutops.
    Trick Room users to counter Pidgeot's higher-than-average speed.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 13th May 2012 at 7:43 AM. Reason: Nature edits from replies
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Personal Moveset
    Quiet/Sassy Nature w/ 220 Attack, 220 Sp Attack, 70 on speed

Unova-exclusive
    Hurricane/Air Slash
    Facade
    HP Fighting/Fire/Ground
    Thief/U-Turn

Poke-trasfered
    Hurricane/Air Slash
    Facade
    Heat Wave
    U-Turn
    If your going mixed, use a Naughty Nature
    Don't use thief and Facade should replace with double edge or return

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    If your going mixed, use a Naughty Nature
    Don't use thief and Facade should replace with double edge or return
    As for natures, the stats are too evenly high to find any noticeable natures to easily find one. Besides, my countering advice on moves choices like Thunderbolt is more urgent if the nature Naughty or any nature where Sp Defense is hindering.
    I understand Thief enough to remove, but Facade can be useful when affected with a status problem like paralysis, burned, or poisoned.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 13th May 2012 at 6:01 AM.
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.

When is Volcarona a POTW...?

Anyway,i just wanted to say Pidgeot is in almost of my teames,i just love it!
    Thanks,Shiny_Wooper!
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/oqgo02.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by martijndebeer View Post
    When is Volcarona a POTW...?

Anyway,i just wanted to say Pidgeot is in almost of my teames,i just love it!
    So do I and I hope we get something not NU tomorrow, First Gigalith, Vespiquen, Heatmor, and now Pidgeot, it's hard to use them when their outclassed by other Pokemon.
    Still, I find with the RNG

Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Personal Moveset
    Quiet/Sassy Nature w/ 220 Attack, 220 Sp Attack, 70 on speed

Unova-exclusive
    Hurricane/Air Slash
    Facade
    HP Fighting/Fire/Ground
    U-Turn

Poke-trasfered
    Hurricane/Air Slash
    Facade
    Heat Wave
    U-Turn

Partners
    Rain Dancers if Hurricane is to be used espically when either equiped with Damp Rock.
    Teeter Dance users if Tangled Feet is used.
    Earthquake/Bulldoze-users

Countering
    Rock-types espically, along with Electric and Ice-types, that espically know moves like Electroweb, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Frost Breath, Ancientpower, Power Gem or etc. Some examples include Probopass, Frost Rotom, Tyranitar, Magnezone, and Kabutops.
    Trick Room users to counter Pidgeot's higher-than-average speed.
    Never have Quiet on a pokemon that depends on Speed. If anything, you want Naive for the Speed boost. Sassy is completely useless, as Pidgeot doesn't have the typing or Stats to be Defensive.
    Try to make the sets with the proper form ^u^

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Never have Quiet on a pokemon that depends on Speed. If anything, you want Naive for the Speed boost. Sassy is completely useless, as Pidgeot doesn't have the typing or Stats to be Defensive.
    Try to make the sets with the proper form ^u^
    Alright, I'll make the changes on natures.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234