Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: What abilities would be great as new additions better if they were upgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by RDSchley View Post
    Evasion abilities suck. They are inconsistant and luck based.

Change all of the 20% evasion bonuses to something not-sucky and luck based.. like:

While in Sand/Hail, This pokemon's attacks heal them for 1/16th of the damage done. consistant healing if and ONLY IF you actually attack. SD Garchomp is put in danger by boosting and not getting 'dem healz'
    And make garchomp even more broken, while giving SV+SD gliscor recovery? Sand Veil is already scary, and Snow Cloak can also be game changing- when hail was allowed in UU, froslass was pretty much impossible to take out thanks to sub+SC. Leave evasion as is, it's already broken enough.

so metal

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Ability: Armament Will Power (Busoshoku Haki)
    Effect: user can hit Every type with every move if a pokemon were to be immune to a move then the move will be neutral instead,When the user enter the battle his defenses raise 1 stage.
    Shuckle says thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    And make garchomp even more broken, while giving SV+SD gliscor recovery? Sand Veil is already scary, and Snow Cloak can also be game changing- when hail was allowed in UU, froslass was pretty much impossible to take out thanks to sub+SC. Leave evasion as is, it's already broken enough.
    Why not just reduce the amount it increases evasion by? It'd make it harder to base a strategy around but still useful when you do occasionally get lucky.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Why not just reduce the amount it increases evasion by? It'd make it harder to base a strategy around but still useful when you do occasionally get lucky.
    Actually I think they should increase the evasion to 30%. The abilities themselves will be so horribly unfair that they'll be banned and we'll never have to deal with them again. It balances out the pokemon and the game is more fun to play. Of course, Gible and Snorunt(and Sandshrew and Cubchoo I guess) need to be available in the Dream World, so we can still use their evolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    damp: opponent cannot use explosion or self-destruct

new: same as above, and user takes only 25 percent(75 percent reduced damage) on all fire type attacks.
    The only real applicable use of this would be Parasect, as everything else with Damp already resists Fire anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Actually I think they should increase the evasion to 30%. The abilities themselves will be so horribly unfair that they'll be banned and we'll never have to deal with them again. It balances out the pokemon and the game is more fun to play. Of course, Gible and Snorunt(and Sandshrew and Cubchoo I guess) need to be available in the Dream World, so we can still use their evolutions.
    No, because we don't know when their DW Abilities will be released, and besides, would it really be fair for stuff like Beartic to be banned in every tier just because it has Snow Cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    How does it make Garchomp even more broken either elaborate or quit whining.

SV+SD Gliscor would be less effective than Poison Heal + Sword Dance anyway.

Maybe you don't have very good reading comprehension skills but I think you misread where I said that Sand Veil and Snow Cloak would no longer give +20% evasion. 1/16th is a laughable amount of HP unless you hit a max hp blissey for 100% of it's hp and even then 1/16th is 44.5 hp meaning if Garchomp 1hko a full HP Blissey in Sandstorm (which is unlikely) it would only get back 44.5 hp.

So now that I made Sand Veil and Snow Cloak not random, make Garchomp less broken, insulted your math and reading skills, I'm going to repeat what I said:

Sand Veil and Snow Cloak no longer give 20% evasion in Sand/Hail

They instead give 1/16th of the damage you do back to you as health while in Sand/Hail.

Anyone who wants to say this is broken is essentially screaming that the shell bell is broken because it literally does the same thing.
    MewtwoTHOUSAND is an original character DO NOT STEAL.

Oh and I use cheating devices to hack legitimate pokemon that I use for my own amusement only, get over it.

How does it make Garchomp even more broken either elaborate or quit whining.
    I'm guessing you either don't play competitive pokemon or know nothing about the metagame if you're talking like this- adding recovery to chomp, even at the cost of sand veil, would make him even scarier than he already is, and he's already banned.
    SV+SD Gliscor would be less effective than Poison Heal + Sword Dance anyway.
    Yet again.
    Maybe you don't have very good reading comprehension skills but I think you misread where I said that Sand Veil and Snow Cloak would no longer give +20% evasion. 1/16th is a laughable amount of HP unless you hit a max hp blissey for 100% of it's hp and even then 1/16th is 44.5 hp meaning if Garchomp 1hko a full HP Blissey in Sandstorm (which is unlikely) it would only get back 44.5 hp.
    Alright, I misread this, but no need to insult me/my skills, that's just unnecessary flaming.

So now that I made Sand Veil and Snow Cloak not random, make Garchomp less broken, insulted your math and reading skills, I'm going to repeat what I said:

Sand Veil and Snow Cloak no longer give 20% evasion in Sand/Hail

They instead give 1/16th of the damage you do back to you as health while in Sand/Hail.

Anyone who wants to say this is broken is essentially screaming that the shell bell is broken because it literally does the same thing.
    And you're proud of this?

so metal

I was thinking of an addition effect to color change, where the pokemon would be immune to whatever type it is currently in. For example, if changed to ghost type, ghost move will not hit it. If changed to dragon type, dragon move will not hit.

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    I was thinking of an addition effect to color change, where the pokemon would be immune to whatever type it is currently in. For example, if changed to ghost type, ghost move will not hit it. If changed to dragon type, dragon move will not hit.
    That'd certainly be somewhat of an improvement.

not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but...

new ability:

tricky/trickster: when the pokemon switches in, trick room is automatically induced, for 10 turns(forever?), until another pokemon uses trick room itself(you know, to cancel it out?)

clean health: this pokemon is immune to all status, including, but not limited to: toxic, will-o-wisp, thunder wave, confuse ray, attract, supersonic, stun spore, spore, dark void, hypnosis, poisonpowder, sleep powder, and any move with a status-inducing side effect.

new ability:

tricky/trickster: when the pokemon switches in, trick room is automatically induced, for 10 turns(forever?), until another pokemon uses trick room itself(you know, to cancel it out?)
    Having it Forever would be interesting. Your essentially turning stuff like Reuniclus, Scrafty and Conkledurr into some of the fastest things in OU. It increases the amount of sets they can run as they don't have to get around their speed problem with Trick Room/Dragon Dance/Mach Punch or their natural bulk. I don't think it would be broken unless a flood of slow pokemon come up from lower tiers. Now there aren't enough slow bulky tanks to really take advantage of Trick Room. There are a lot of slow walls, but moving first tends to be more of a convenience to you, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

new ability:

clean health: this pokemon is immune to all status, including, but not limited to: toxic, will-o-wisp, thunder wave, confuse ray, attract, supersonic, stun spore, spore, dark void, hypnosis, poisonpowder, sleep powder, and any move with a status-inducing side effect.
    idk, i think having a TR inducer when it switches in would be broken. TR basically wins if you don't carry Taunt or a lot of bulky pokemon with Protect (because it stalls out the effect). if it was infinite like the weathers, it'd be ridic. every non-TR team would have to carry TR for support :/
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Alternately it's only induced when it switches in. Wouldn't be very good for singles, but it'd be great in doubles.

Also, some sort of new ability that gives any move with a base power of 60 or less +1 priority, unless the move already has negative priority (Dragon Tail, Circle Throw). If it already has increased priority it remains unaffected.

thats why i said maybe only 10 turns. trick room today isnt used as often because you only get 4 turns to attack. and what about the other ability? no status means it can be a great wall/wall breaker, because it wont be affected by toxic and such. or, alternatively, it powers up moves, much like guts, but remains unaffected. magic guard + guts

I'm not sure if an immunity to status would be given, ever, as Gamefreak wants to annoy in-game players.

That Trick Room thing wouldn't be done either, for the same reason. It would be so confusing for in-game players, plus if it were on a remotely good pokemon then it's likely the ability/pokemon would be banned to ubers.

The problem with permanent Trick Room is that it's not like weather. Completely reversing the speed mechanics is arguably more detrimental than any of the weather effects, and unlike weather, it can't just be canceled out by bringing in DrizzleToed, Tyranitar, etc.

The problem with permanent Trick Room is that it's not like weather. Completely reversing the speed mechanics is arguably more detrimental than any of the weather effects, and unlike weather, it can't just be canceled out by bringing in DrizzleToed, Tyranitar, etc.
    What if when the pokemon with that ability is KO the Trick Room ends.
    My 3DS FC 1864-9644-0640
    In game name: Calem
    Friend Safari: 1. Gabite 2. Shelgon 3. Druddigon

Japanese Event DW PKMN

Europe Event DW PKMN

Male DW PKMN

Female DW PKMN

many things can change to make it viable. like neal said, ends when koed. give it as dw ability to alternate formes of lake trio.

- 10/5 turns from switch in.
    - opposing trick room shuts it down.

moldbreaker/teravolt/turboblaze: opponents ability doesn't matter. attacks hit anyways, i.e. levitate is hit by earthquake

new form: cancels abilities period. i.e. technician is canceled out. sand rush is canceled. the effects don't happen. alternatively, this can be called "ability lock"

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Alternately it's only induced when it switches in. Wouldn't be very good for singles, but it'd be great in doubles.

Also, some sort of new ability that gives any move with a base power of 60 or less +1 priority, unless the move already has negative priority (Dragon Tail, Circle Throw). If it already has increased priority it remains unaffected.
    CM Reuniclis in singles with TR support for the whole time it's in would be killer.

Well, then it'd just be -5. So it'd have prority over Pok'emon that had the -6 variant.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

hmmm...i thought of something to make trickster less....broken.

buzzkill: when this pokemon is sent in, all field effects stop, until re-introduced. i.e. sand stream is stopped. switch out into politoed, it starts raining. like air lock/cloud nine, except it lasts even after poke is gone, and it gets rid of tr/gravity/weather.

I just saw this topic for the first time, so I don't know if in the previous 10 pages anyone has proposed a permanent Gravity ability. You guys arguing Trick Room have your work cut out for you, but Gravity, Wonder Room, and Magic Room are totally different beasts in and of themselves...

new: Gravity Well: The Pokemon summons constant Gravity upon entering battle.

This would require some mechanic adjustments, as currently, Gravity can only be removed through the five turn countdown. Using Gravity after using Gravity will give the message "but it failed". So, this would have to augmented so something could cancel Gravity conditions provided by this ability. I suggest subsequent Gravity (move) uses, removing the Pokemon through Roar (etc.), or fainting the Pokemon with the ability. But then this would also limit the ability's effectiveness because it would need to be on the field to work. Haze maybe...?

old: Infiltrator: Ignores Safeguard, Light Screen, Reflect.
    new: Infiltrator: Ignores ",",", defense and special defense boosts, "cure" berries, and evasion boosts.

This would cause a shift in Infiltrator usage, as things that like Lum Berry, Bulk Up, etc. would have a hard time keeping up with defense ceilings.

I like the ideas about changing Illuminate, but make it modify opponents' moves by 8% of the total accuracy to keep it decently fair. For example, Water Gun would have 92% accuracy, Razor Leaf 87.4%, Stone Edge 73.6%, etc.

old: Illusion: Pokemon switches in disguised as the Pokemon in the last slot.
    new: Illusion: Pokemon switches in disguised as the Pokemon in the last slot, and takes/ doesn't take damage from weather, entry hazards based on the Pokemon it's disguised as.

This needs to happen, like now. Illusion was a cool concept in theory for Zoroark, but it really limits it's potential from what it could have been.

old: Magma Armor: Pokemon cannot be Frozen. Thaws a Frozen Pokemon if it gains this ability somehow in battle.
    new: Magma Armor: ". Also, Pokemon is not affected by Ice-type attacks, nor the damaging effects of hail.

Seriously. We have multiple abilities that prevent hail damage already, and only 1 Pokemon is actually immune to Ice-type attacks (Shedinja). This ability is currently arguably the worst in the game next to Honey Gather, Tangled Feet, Anger Point, Illuminate, and Run Away.

old: Oblivious: Pokemon cannot be infatuated, nor captivated. If the Pokemon gains Oblivious somehow in battle and is in love, it will stop being in love.
    new: Oblivious: ". Also, Pokemon ignores the power boosts from all consumable/held items in battle (!).

That's right. The anti-Choice. You heard right. It's not like their going away anytime soon. Stall forever, FTW!!! That means gems, Petaya berries, Life Orbs, etc. I personally hate them anyways.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678