Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The NHL Thread

So what do you guys think about the free agency market this year? All the hype is around Parise and Suter, but there are other big names out there.
    Black FC: 0905-8396-1651
    Black 2 FC: 0734-2563-1464

LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING POKEMON:
    *UNTRAINED*

HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR TRADE:
    Adamant + Jolly / Naďve / Naďve + Modest

LEGENDS:
    G1:
    G2:
    G3:
    G4:
    G5:

Cannot believe the Wild got both Parise and Suter. It's such a weak free agency class, and now it's even weaker. Congrats to any Wild fans.

I'm a canucks fan so I'm dreaded minnesota got suter and parise. And meanwhile we sat through free agency and made no attempt to improve...

Remember the days.....

Hockey's back.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Indeed.

Obviously, I'm a Red Wings fan, even though they have virtually no chance of winning this year, with their roster as it is.

Don't know about them missing the playoffs, though. There really isn't anyone in the Western Conference I'm not afraid of.

They open up against the Blues on the road. Can't wait until 8!

It's about time Hockey started!! I've missed going to the games, getting Nathan's, and having a good time. (When the Islanders win that is) I'm not as big of a fan of hockey s I am football, but I do enjoy the sport. I hope the Islanders actually do good this year, but that probably won't happen.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Welp, it's official.

The Red Wings finally suck, and the Tigers are now the only good team in Detroit. We're going to be as irrelevant as Cleveland.

EDIT: Ugh... we get some hockey, and now, I wish it would go away if the Dead Wings are going to be this bad. They look like they a high school team out there. Not just bad, but hands down the worst team in the NHL. Seriously, the Columbus Blue Jackets might be better than the Red Wings now.

Did Lidstrom really have that much of an impact on this team?
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 20th January 2013 at 2:40 AM.

Jesus Christ. The Red Wings have made the playoffs 20+ years in a row. That is an ABSURD statistic. Even on the INCREDIBLE off-chance they have a bad year (they won't), it's not like it's worth getting upset over. They had one of the longest, most successful runs in NHL history.

Just a question Golden Latias: Do the Red Wings play "Detroit Rock City" by KISS after each goal scored at home? That would be a nice thing to start doing.

I'd also like to see the Flyers do a "second intermisson strecth" at home games where everyone sings along to "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (to Party)" by the Beastie Boys.

Lastly, I'd like to see the NHL add a team in Seattle, which can be owned by Nintendo of America and be called the Smashers (you know what I am referencing here, right?).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Jesus Christ. The Red Wings have made the playoffs 20+ years in a row. That is an ABSURD statistic. Even on the INCREDIBLE off-chance they have a bad year (they won't), it's not like it's worth getting upset over. They had one of the longest, most successful runs in NHL history.
    Are you watching this game?

They're down 5-0 to the Blues. The BLUES! They don't have an offense!
    Imagine what a team with a real offense would do to them.

It's the third period, and the Red Wings currently have less than 10 shots on goal.

This team is garbage, and they'll be lucky to win more than a handful of games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Just a question Golden Latias: Do the Red Wings play "Detroit Rock City" by KISS after each goal scored at home? That would be a nice thing to start doing.
    No, they play something like "Hey, Hey Hockeytown."

All of the Detroit teams play "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey rather often, though, for that one line "Born and raised in South Detroit." Just a fun fact.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 20th January 2013 at 3:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    All of the Detroit teams play "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey rather often, though, for that one line "Born and raised in South Detroit," though. Just a fun fact.
    I wonder how the band reacted when the SF Giants played the Tigers in the World Series...the band are fans of the SF Giants, they formed in San Fran

"Detroit Rock City" could make a good "second intermission stretch" song at Red Wings games.

Anyway I have faith that Detroit could win the Stanley Cup. I'm normally a Blue Jackets fan being from Ohio but they never usually make the playoffs.
    -----

^ Lol, are you watching this game? If the Red Wings can't beat a team like the Blues, they have no business being anywhere near the Stanley Cup this season. Heck, if they're going to look this bad the entire season, they have no business being anywhere above last place in the NHL. Seriously, they've looked so bad, their farm team could probably beat them.

Oh, look, 6-0 Blues as I type this.

*sigh* Maybe I just need to face the facts. The Red Wings dynasty is over, and it's never coming back. The Red Wings are going to suck for years.
    Sometimes, I wish I lived somewhere else other than Michigan. Michigan has the crappiest sports teams ever. They were great in the past, but those days are gone.

Lightning looked good today! I forgot how much I loved watching them.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

As a hockey fan, I can say that hard rock/heavy metal music should be the only kind of music played at hockey games.

Here are some examples:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RwVJVjjNA4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHaqIa8sv0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2xUCKsWfqw

I'm hoping for the Blue Jackets to have a good season as well. Ohio is in need of some championship to celebrate, we haven't had anything since OSU won a football national title a decade ago.
    -----

^ Lol, are you watching this game? If the Red Wings can't beat a team like the Blues, they have no business being anywhere near the Stanley Cup this season. Heck, if they're going to look this bad the entire season, they have no business being anywhere above last place in the NHL. Seriously, they've looked so bad, their farm team could probably beat them.

Oh, look, 6-0 Blues as I type this.

*sigh* Maybe I just need to face the facts. The Red Wings dynasty is over, and it's never coming back. The Red Wings are going to suck for years.
    Sometimes, I wish I lived somewhere else other than Michigan. Michigan has the crappiest sports teams ever. They were great in the past, but those days are gone.
    I have generally liked reading your insight from the NFL thread. You take stuff a bit hard there sometimes, but you are smart and insightful and pleasant.

But damn... this moping about the Red Wings is borderline insufferable. For one thing, they got beat by the Blues, who are a favorite to reach and win the Stanley Cup this year. So there are worse teams to lose to.

Secondly, it was ONE GAME. It's not like the Red Wings had never lost a game before or even ever been blown out. It happens to everyone.

And finally, I'll be blunt with this one: Ain't no one in the damn world going to feel bad for the Red Wings if they have an off-year or ten. They made the playoffs over TWENTY YEARS IN A ROW, most of the years as a home ice seed. They've won, what, 3 or 4 Cups and made it to at least two other Finals. From 1991 to 2012, they did not miss a single post-season, and they were THE most dominant franchise in sports over that period.

If you're REALLY convinced one loss against a probable powerhouse is your entire season, then at least appreciate what you had for YOUR ENTIRE LIFESPAN (I checked your age on your profile).

I haven't been a sports fan my entire life. In fact, I only got into sports recently, and I've only gotten to enjoy the Red Wings since like... 2010? They were showing signs of decline then. That said, you're right. I overreacted. As on the NFL board, I have the tendency to post with my emotions without taking the time to logically think about things, a habit I'm going to try to kick starting with Monday's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
    I've calmed down now, though. I promise, and I apologize for overreacting.

And I guess I had just convinced myself that the Blues were a fluke last year. That Ken Hitchcock was the sole reason they were any good (and let's be honest, Ken Hitchcock is a coaching genius who could probably get an AHL team in the playoffs; he's that good of a coach), and that this year, everyone would figure them out, and they wouldn't be as good as they were this year. Also, I have (somehow) convinced myself that losing Lidstrom wouldn't make that much of an impact on the Red Wings, yet the proof is in the pudding. It has made an impact in the past. Like there was one game last year, where Lidstrom was injured while the Wings were playing the Montreal Canadiens. They lost 7-2 to the second worst team in the Eastern Conference without Lidstrom.
    Yeah. I don't know what I was thinking there.

Reall shame the red wings lost, I hope they do better for the remaining games.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Reall shame the red wings lost, I hope they do better for the remaining games.
    They have to.

I give them a week. If things aren't back on track by then, they probably won't make the playoffs.

They looked almost TOO awful yesterday, though. Like, the Grand Rapids Griffins could have played the Blues better than them, bad. They can't be that bad, right? *knocks on wood*

They have to.

I give them a week. If things aren't back on track by then, they probably won't make the playoffs.

They looked almost TOO awful yesterday, though. Like, the Grand Rapids Griffins could have played the Blues better than them, bad. They can't be that bad, right? *knocks on wood*
    My team is Calgary who also lost >_> I hope they eventually turn things around and Kiprusoff starts dominating..

The Sabres (my team) had an awesome rally against the Flyers. Five to two in the third. If we keep it up, maybe the Sabres won't screw it up this time!!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Lighten up will you... You can't give up faith just because of that pathetic lost. And Detroit/Michigan is far from having the worst teams out there, except maybe the Lions (but that's getting off topic) Trust me, I believe the Wings can step it up
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Well, after watching tonight's game, I certainly feel silly now for overreacting there, and again, I apologize for it. Like I said, posting with my emotions, not with logic.

Ugly win against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but I'll take it. I'd like to see them beat a slightly better team, though. Next up is their home opener against the Dallas Stars, and the Wings are one of, if not the most dominant home team in hockey. We'll see how that one goes. In any case, at least they're not last in the Central anymore.

Also, that last shootout goal by Damien Brunner was beautiful. Kudos to Ken Holland for getting him.

EDIT:     Spoiler:- beauty:
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 22nd January 2013 at 4:06 AM.

Well Sid isn't playing game 1 of the playoffs tonight. That's so awesome. I wish I made so much money for going to my job 40% of the time.

Another year, another playoff failure for the Rangers. Let's try the reverse jinx for this one.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Red Wings had a bad game and lost their first game to the Ducks. Whatever. They haven't won their first road playoff game since the '90s, and that never stopped them. Not that I think the Wings are going to win the Stanley Cup or anything, but it would be nice to see them not see a first round exit, like last year.

I don't like the Ducks anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast