Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shiny pokemon failures

My little story ended well but it couldve been so so bad.

Years ago I nearly had an epic shiny failure, was playing my first run through of Sapphire.. at the time I didn't really like the look of the Hoenn pokemon so I didn't pay them much attention. Once I got the Goggles I proceeded to go into the area with the permanent sandstorm.

My first encounter was with a Trapinch, I had 4 strong pokemon and was running through the game at a quick pace so wasn't really worried about the pokedex. Anyway as the battle started I turned away to get a drink or something so missed the stars flickering to show it was a shiny, I had never seen a Trapinch before this moment and I didn't really like the look of it so I go to run away from the battle but it had Arena Trap so I couldn't run. So I end up damaging it with the intent of KO'ing it to get some exp since I couldnt run...

My first attack was a critical hit which nearly took it out in 1 hit, thought since its so low may aswell capture it because it should be an easy capture so I through a ball and now I have a Trapinch... a little while later I'm running through the Pokedex randomly and notice that in the pokedex its a different color...... so go to the pc to check it out and what do you know.. I see on the summary screen that its a shiny... had such a good laugh after that, I had no idea lol!

I imagined what my reaction might have been if it didn't have the Arena Tag ability and I managed to run away from the battle only to find out it was actually a shiny...

(I've only ever encountered 3 shiny pokemon all which I have caught luckily, so while this wasn't a failed attempt, it was pretty close to being an epic fail)
    Re-running Fire Red.

Current Team:

^ It really was meant to be for you to catch that Trapinch! And shiny Flygon is simply amazing

It didn't happen to me, but a friend of mine was diving near Sootopolis City, shiny hunting for a Clamperl but he run into a shiny Chinchou instead. He kept on looking for that shiny Clamperl, but several months later another shiny Chinchou appeared and he turned off the game!
    Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno

:: Athos :: Porthos :: Aramis
    :: D'Artagnan

I've never seen a 3rd gen shiny before
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

On Pokemon Sapphire, I found a shiny Geodude.
    My failure......
    I wasn't paying attention and attacked it, making it faint -.-
    Last edited by Dark Snow; 21st June 2012 at 1:37 AM.
    Pokemon White FC: 3052-8240-6915
    • I do NOT do unreasonable trades. For example: A level 100 Pokemon for a level 1 pokemon. ありがとう ございます!

I absolutely love this Pokemon! カイオーガ が 大好き です よ!!

Once, someone traded me a shiny Tympole. I restarted the game and forgot to trade it to Black.

A shiny Carvanha I knock out

OMG MY GAME IS GLITCHED!!!!! turns of power switch... *_*
    A week later.... THAT WAS A SUPER RARE SHINY... NOOOOOO!!!!

nought said

RAWK ON

When I found a shiny Zubat in one of the caves (forgot which, it's been so long), instead of trying to catch it I was forced to run away since I had no Poke Balls.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

I was training my Sharpedo in Victory Road. A shiny Golbat appears. Sharpedo uses Crunch. Golbat has more than half health left. Sharpedo uses Crunch again. Critical hit. Failure.

I boxed that Sharpedo and never used it again.
    Anger the Blaziken, and you get BURNED

Example of the above:
    YOU: Hey Blaziken, your ugly!
    BLAZIKEN: .......JO FACE!(burnnned)

Exeggcute appears in Safari Zone. Run out of pokeballs

I remember first hearing about Shinies when my friend told us he found a gold Caterpie. We were all in fifth grade so we thought he was making it up. The next day on the bus he showed us his shiny Butterfree. I was amazed.

Two years down the road, I was on the bus to middle school, playing FireRed. Walkin through Victory Road when...

Shiny Arbok appears.

I caught it in a heartbeat. I was overjoyed. I still had time left before we got to school, so one more battle couldn't hurt. I went against the stupid b*tch with the Chansey and the Minimize and Softboiled spamming. I went through all first period with the game on, trying to beat that chick so I could save. I realized it was hopeless and just shut it off

Now every time I play FR and I meet that Ace Trainer, I'll never forgive her for deleting what would've been my shiny Arbok. grrrrrr
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Oh well... I encountered a shiny Numel on my Pokémon Sapphire, then I started wondering: "Huh, since when do Numel have different colours?" (Like Spinda have different spots) so, I ran from it so I could look for other ones but the "other ones" all had the same colour. Then I figured out it was a shiny Numel I ran from! xD That wasn't so nice haha.

In the beginning of Sapphire when you had to choose your starter and beat the Poochyena, guess what? The Poochyena was shiny..... -.-
    Last edited by its_ryan_dude; 21st July 2012 at 9:56 PM.

On my glitched Sapphire, on route 110, the Cycling Road, the first pokemon I always encounter is a shiny Electrike, though the Sapphire can't save so its always in vain
    On my first Nuzlocke, Emerald, guess what Wally did! He fainted a Shiny Ralts! Yet he still caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by ☭Secret_Shocker☭ View Post
    I encountered a shiny Kyogre in Emerald, so I was overjoyed. Then it attacked first and used Sheer Cold. I only had 1 pokemon at that time, so fail. And my Pokemon was level 60.
    that makes no sense....kyogre is lv. 45 in sapphire when you find him, so sheer cold shouldn't have worked on your pokemon since your pokemon was a higher level. I'm gonna call lying on this one.

As for failure, I have watched quite a few horror fails on youtube, like a shiny groudon fail, a shiny poochena fail, and a shiny nidorino fail, but I've never had my own fail. My only 2 random shiny encounters were a shiny ponyta and a shiny kricketot, both on my diamond version. I did soft reset for weeks and finally got a shiny abra at the game corner, and my friend killed a shiny hariyama......because he thought his game was bugging out since it was a different color....I wanted to strangle him!

All shinies in my banner are for trade.
    My diamond friend code is 1292 4614 8475. I'm hunting for a shiny clefairy. Non-shiny clefairies so far: 10,355.

My pokeradar shinies (NOT FOR TRADE)
    x2 x3 x4 x13 x8 x6 x1 x7 x3 x3 x4 x1 x 7 x 14 x 14

Click here to see all my shinies on my english version of pokemon diamond. here's what the shiny patch looks like. My guide on how to chain Part 1 Part 2
    FREE IPADS AND OTHER FREE STUFF

I was in the car, my DS was on red.
    I found a shiny bagon in Emerald, I caught it.....
    My DS Died on the 'Would you like to give a nickname to the caught Bagon' screen.

Kanto Safari Zone found the pink Dratini... yeah Safari Zones pretty much all I have to saya
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

I was Sr on my ruby and then I closed my gba to take a break and before I closed it I heard the swift sound and I opened it and it was a shiny poochena too bad I didn't have any pokeballs
    My new team;

Diamond fc trainer name Erik: 0046 8727 1813

My shinies; looking for a shiny Aggron

I have claimed my favorite Pokemon of all

shiny electrode... enough said I think :P

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

You know how in Emerald Version, the first pokemon you fight is a Zigzagoon...Yeah...

I've never personally had a shiny fail. I came close though. In Fire Red I was in the Safari Zone getting some garbage Pokemon then yellow Exeggcute appears (sparkle sparkle). I throw ball. It fails. I throw another ball, IT WORKS! I would have sat in the corner and cried if it had gotten away. I've managed to cath 5 shinies in my GBA games total, never missed one. Ever since the shiny scare, I no longer go in the Safari Zone. It's scary.

But uh yeah about those shiny fails... my sister was leveling up her pokemon then a taillow appeared and once she attacked it she realized it was green then it died... woops.
    <-- My 4th Generation Trade Shop

My first ever RE with a shiny Pokemon was a golden Graveler in Diamond. He used Selfdestruct Fortunately, not 10 minutes later a shiny Chingling appeard and it was successful. I no longer have the Chingling
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

One day I was battling a really strong guy, who was the 97th trainer of the battle tower in Pokemon Ruby (surprisingly I never manage to get past the 97th trainer and thus can never get the Gold Trophy which you get after beating the 105th trainer )...and the guy's first Pokemon was a Latias, I took it down, his next Pokemon after that was a Moltres...I knocked it down just barely...then it happened...he summoned a Shiny Latios (metallic green is the colour for those who aren't aware).

So what happened after that? It took down all three of my Pokemon, I couldn't even land a single hit. It was strong...and at that point I hadn't caught the Latios in Pokemon Ruby so it was still wandering around... That could have been my Latios... bloody hell...

EDIT: He was a dragon trainer btw, they are always so strong!
    Last edited by HiddenAgenda; 20th August 2012 at 12:38 PM.

I once spent nine hours SR-ing on my Ruby for a shiny Mudkip. No luck. I did, however, find a female Mudkip with an extra hit point and really high stats, so I just gave up and kept her.

i were SR for about 20 mintues for a shiny rayquaza, but did not notice and my brother was watching on my gameboy, and i just SR again and my brother went crazy,
    i still dont know if he made it up or was serious,

( i was watching tv at the sametime, and i thought it was going to be a long hunt so i just SR )

W2: 5072-1789-3761 | W: 1807-9100-3523 | IGN: Draco | My Clan: The Hoenn Triangle

Spoiler:- THT:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast