Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shiny pokemon failures

first shiny encounter was with a nincada, i didnt know what a shiny was then. so i ignored it. i killed it for the exp. then i looked it up and found out it was rare DX

My Deviantart *^*

Art by me
    3DS fc: 4725 8753 8888
    FS: Nosepass, Pupitar, Barbaracle

well the only wild shiny i ever saw was a shiny magikarp at the pond behind blackthorn gym i caught it, but its still a magikarp and if i evolve it it is even more worthless due to red gyrados being the least rarest shiny

but over some trades and such i have acquired a few shinys myself including arceus and deoxys

White 2 team~ all lvl 100~ 8 badges~ E4 complete~ white treehollow complete~ join avenue rank 10~ 81 medals

I've only ever encountered one shiny which was a regular shiny wingull in my ruby. Re-playing emerald just now, found and caught a BLACK SHINY zubat. It sparkles when it's placed in battle, but I can barely find any information on this kind of zubat..... what happened?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I found a shiny Wurmple i actually was trying to get it but then one of my attacks made it faint so that was a failure
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

My first shiny was way back in the original Pokemon Silver. I ran into a shiny Swinub in the Ice Path. Unfortunately I didn't have any pokeballs with me, so I had to let it go.
    ACCOUNT NO LONGER ACTIVE

I remember when I was playing ruby or emerald I was going to Raquaza and I encountered a shiny Golbat. I didn't think anything of it even though it was green and I never understood why so I just beat it and kept on my way. Later in life I found out to my dismay it was a shiny XP Anyway thats my story from my childhood

EDIT: Oh and I think I was at my grandma's when I ran into a shiny Garados, not sure what happened after, but I do know I didn't catch it
    Last edited by gdzila98; 3rd September 2012 at 6:47 PM.

Well, I was minding my own business in new Mauville, you know just helping out the old guy. I see a pokeball on the ground. I pick it up, thinking I will get a potion or something. So I pick it and a shiny electrode pops out! Nuff said. But I got my revenge when I surfed down without the boat and a shiny tentacool pops out. I captured it. Then I played FireRed and my rival somehow got a shiny on his team. That was annoying until I got myself a shiny ponyta. Now I've never had an RE since... I've noticed for me it takes a shiny fail to get a shiny

Sig under construction

Every Shiny I've found, I've caught, but my friend had an epic fail with a shiny. On his way to Oldale Town for the first time, he was armed with no Pokeballs, he encountered a Shiny Zigzagoon.... He was so annoyed he didn't play the game for 3 months!
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

R/S/E are the best pkmn games...
    Anyhoo years ago about 2 weeks after Sapphire was released I encountered my first ever Gulpin, was about to flee when realised i just couldn't remember if it was supposed to be blue or green, so i toss a pokéball and catch it, and nickname it GULPIN, turned out to be a Shiny, yey ^_^ I decide to restart Sapphire, so I traded it to Fire Red, really liked Swalot at the time. So I level up and evolve, yeah I saved the game after of course, but didn't realise that... Now i got a Shiny level 42 Swalot called GULPIN. Also, I transferred it to Black. My Fire Red is actually a "Rouge Feu", the french version of the game.
    Don't know if this counts as a failure, but it pisses me off, 1# a Shiny Pokémon nicknamed as its pré-evolution. 2# B/W: Pokémon have got one single capital letter in their names. It's so ugly.

I was fishing for a feebas in Ruby and a shiny Carvahna appears. I send out my weakest Pokemon who then CRITS the Carvahna, killing it. I actually didn't know about shinies at the time, I just knew that this Carvahna looked different so I wanted it.
    Check out my youtube channel. Currently I have a Let's Play of Pokemon Ruby Nuzlocke Challenge and more Pokemon LPs are on the way.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/crypticsnowman

my brother randomly encountered a gold nincada without any pokeballs--that drove him insane.I haven't found any

I got a shiny poochyena on emerald and accidentally wiped the game

Spoiler:- Friend Code(s)/Trade Shop/Credit:

I don't think I've ever found a shiny in my Emerald, Ruby, or Sapphire. I only found 1 once in Fire Red and caught it, but never in Hoenn as far as I can remember.
    Hopefully when I do finally find one some day I'll be able to catch it.
    ACCOUNT NO LONGER ACTIVE

One time I found a shiny Nidorino in the Safari Zone in my FireRed game and it fled. -_- I immediately turned my game off in frustration, lol.

I played it again several hours later and actually ran into a shiny Venonat and caught it though. So that turned out not to be such a bad day.

ok get this i sold all my pokeballs for coins in Emerald so i can get ice beam for my Swampert. then after getting it i went to tran in the Desert and what do you know a shiny Trapinch pops out, totally forgot about selling all my pokemon balls i weaken it to red status, and put it to sleep. went to throw a great ball and boom it hits me. FML!!

^credit to Sandslashtaggerung^
    Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

I had my first good and first bad shiny experience all within the space of 20 minutes.

Pokémon LeafGreen - Cerulean Cave (2am-ish many years ago)
    Decided I'd see if I could SR for shiny Mewtwo, you never know. Tried twice, thought if I get to 30 I will just catch it. 3rd time, it's shiny! Master Ball-ed it, and started way out. Max Repels run out about ten steps from the exit. "Well, I'll get out fine" I think.

Random battle, SHINY ELECTRODE! *gasp* Throw an Ultra Ball! No luck. Electrode used Explosion! Grrr...
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

Met a shiny Tailow when training my Mudkip. Got in on the last ball.

Shiny oddish in the safari zone.
    I used about 20 safari balls on it.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Lol I got one for you guys. So I used to collect pokemon cards like a mofo and I happen to come across a shiny latios and alakazam card. When I got our of pokemon cards, I find out that together they were worth like 150 dollars together. When I ask my buddy for the cards back he tells me he sold all of the cards I gave him for 50 bucks and a copy of CALL OF DUTY 4...I hate life. T.T

I have had no shiny fails on R/S/E, but two on FireRed.

The first was when I was running through the Safari Zone in search of a Scyther. I kept finding Nidoran after Nidoran, and was thinking: When am I ever going to find this Scyther? Next encounter- I look at the darkened sprite of the Nidoran(M), and realised it was blue. So, of course, I throw a Safari Ball. It immediately breaks out, and flees. I was disappointed then, but I already had a perfectly good Nidoking in my party, so I wasn't too bummed.

Of course, next fail was epic. This time, I was outside of the Pokemon League, training up my team. I was working on training my level 52 Pidgeot this time, having already trainied my Charizard to level 55. I was thinking about how nice it would be to run into a shiny Fearow as, though I thought it looked awful at first, it had grown on me. Ironically enough, the next encounter was the shiny Fearow. Panicking, I decided to use the weakest move in my arsenal: Quick Attack. Of course, with my luck, the attack was a critical hit, and it fainted.
    Worst thing of all? I HAD A MASTER BALL!!!!!!! That really was a painful day...

Now, though, I'm using the RE method to try and get them back.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Lucky for me I have never had a problem with catching a shiny...since my first and only shiny was a Shroomish. ^^

"3rd time's a charm"

I failed to capture a Shiny Xatu that I found in the Safari Zone in Ruby version a few months ago. I was just looking for a regular one when it appeared, and even though I was able to keep its interest for a while, it eventually fled and I missed out on a great opportunity. That's why I've never been one to seek Shiny Safari Zone Pokemon; it's a complete waste of time since you can't even weaken them and they always flee.

First Shiny:
    Golbat in LeafGreen: thought game glitched. Ran.
    Second Shiny:
    Oddish in Pearl: evolved it to Gloom, forgot about it, deleted the file.
    - The whole Stallrein thing? He does it better.

Found a shiny pidgey, but when I found it I had only one pkmn and no pokeball a yet

ive encountered 3 Shiny pokemon in my Emerald.
    First was a Shiny Golbat (female). i was a bit dissatisfied cuz i prefer male pokemon, but i caught it anyway.
    Second was a Shiny Carvania. but it was a Battle Frontier trainer battle.
    Third one was a Shiny Girafarig. unfortunately it was in the Gosh darn safari zone so u can guess what happened.
    I want Legit Pokemon, no Hacked ones!

Pokemon I need in FireRed:
    Pokemon I need in Emerald:

Diamond Pokedex COMPLETE!

Platinum Pokedex COMPLETE!

Heart Gold Pokedex COMPLETE
    Pokemon I need in Black 2:

I'm Robert, here are all my friend codes
    Diamond Friend Code: 0261 2558 7815
    Platinum Friend Code: 1548 7339 8497
    Heart Gold Friend Code: 2151 0497 8265
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4213 7431 5164