Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shiny pokemon failures

I found shiny Graveler but it explode
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

I found a shiny Quilfish in FireRed. I was so mad that I didn't have any Pokeballs.
    All of the other shinies I have are events or the Red Gyrados and the Shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

My first encounter was with shiny zubat in leaf green. I caught after a couple of tries. But i couldn't use it. Next time i was super lucky. Cuz i found a shiny charmander as a starter. But the game crashed. After that i encountered a seaking in fire red and an ekans in Pokemon gold. But i didn't capture them. I really don't know why. But i wasn't in such a mood to do it.

Not really a failure of mine but it sucked.. Found a shiny red gyarados on my ruby.. The most common shiny, or most well known atleast
    Was just training on them in sootopolis or however it's spelt... Caught it.

The only shiny I legitimately encountered was an Oddish in Emerald, but I one-hit KO'ed it
    Bow down to the god of all Pokemon.

It was a bright and sunny day in the wild fields of the Safari Zone. Lurking through the tall grass, I encounter an unusual looking animal. This animal, Rattata, was a light shade of green, and it looked at me fiercely. As I began to decide whether to throw a Safari Ball or bait, I knew that there was this small chance of it running away. I was thinking of being safe, so I threw bait at it. Well...this rodent just fled the battle, and away did it go with my hopes and dreams of trying to find another wild shiny. (Caught a shiny magnemite today in the wild, so happy )

I encountered a shiny electrode inside team aqua's base in Emerald, the ones beside a nugget and the masterball, and then it used selfdestruct.

What a waste.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I find a random exeggcute in the leafgreen safari zone. It is GOLD! I'm all like O.O I throw a safari ball, it doesn't even bounce, the pokemon broke out, and ran away. I'm pretty sure I started screaming.
    SHINIES:
    LEAFGREEN TEAM:
    FIRERED TEAM:
    NEW SAPPHIRE TEAM:
    NEW EMERALD TEAM:
    EV TRAINED:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BOOBER

I'm in diglett's cave and I have one normal pokeball. Suddenly...
    A WILD DUGTRIO APPEARED! It's shiny!
    Ashiemore puts it to sleep and knocks it to like 2 HP. Throws the pokeball...and it fails.
    Disappointment. Was my second shiny ever.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

I don't remember the details but I accidentally knocked out a shiny Oddish once while playing Emerald. I was younger, and wasn't very careful battling it.
    Platinum FC: 3438 9213 7612
    White FC: 5372 3970 3594
    Black2 FC: 2280 4478 7008
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Homsar135

I have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and Fire Red (Used to own another Emerald and Leaf Green), and collectively I have played them for over 800 Hours, but I have never seen a Shiny. That is a fail in itself...
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

I was playing Heartgold and there was a shiny Sentret but I accidently made it faint.
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

Well, no, not in R/S/E because my game doesn't like shinies in R/S/E... but I did get a Shiny Arbok in the Battle Factory and as you know... YOU CAN'T KEEP THOSE POKEMON. T_T
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

I decided to restart Sapphire after several years. On Route 102 (I think), I encountered a shiny Poochyena. I didn't want to kill it so I had Mudkip (my only pokemon at the time) use its weakest attack, Mud Slap. It resulted in a critical hit causing Poochyena to faint.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

All my shinies have been successful so far i found a Geodude in Firered, and Shinx in Diamond both random encounters. Its the first one i hvae ever
    caught that could be considered a later failed.

I caught a Mantine in Gold, i was so excited when i caught it. Years later the game battery
    is dead and it will work only in the gameboys battery. When it starts it resets the game instantly.
    Now my Mantine is lost forever.....
    Last edited by Shadow of Umbreon; 13th May 2013 at 3:42 PM.
    Black: 3482-2112-2585
    Soul Silver:4297 5993 0464
    Platinum:2965 4525 0763
    My shiny pokemon:
    Encountered in FR as a Geodude
    Encountered in Diamond as a Lv.4 Shinx

I claim Latias

I HOPE THERES A MEGA LATIAS!

I have two bad shiny experiences.
    1.) Shiny Groudon in Ruby Version. I have it at very low HP. It dies to my Pokemon's Poison Point ability.
    2.) Shiny Ralts in Emerald Version. The one that Wally finds in the wild.
    B2/W2 Team
    My Favorites

Spoiler:- Shinies Spotted:

http://www.Facebook.com/GhostCult

My first encounter with a shiny was at the beginning of my second restart of my diamond, and I ran into a shiny starly, (at the time was not a hunter) in short I freaked out and caught it. I was also afraid to evolve it because I thought the shininess might have gone away. AAAaaaanyways so in emerald I was running around like crazy for a shiny vulpix that evolves into a ninetales (my favorite shiny). So I was clawing my eyes out on day 3 of running through the same patch and voila! there she was! So i hit her with a fire punch , which is a relatively weak fire attack on a fire pokemon so i expected like half health. Which by the way, would have happened until I got a critical hit. So I said screw it and then I got a couple of vulpix and bred like crazy! I have her back now!!
    The Team:
    Lvl 100
    Lvl 100
    Lvl 100
    Lvl 100
    Lvl 100
    Lvl 100

The odds of getting a shiny with pokerus is around 3/536870912

Credit to eeveelover824

Yeah... I've been dashing after a shiny latios for ages, but it kept fleeing over and over I ended up trading it for a lv30 non Shiny Riolu. Don't ask me why seriously... I once had a shiny eevee and I evolved in into espeo... Bad choice do never do that shiny espeons are disturbing...
    There is no upperhand hand, I'm giving you mine. It doesn't have to end up wasting your time. There's things that I could say, here in my way. I wanna let you know, that it's all okay.

You love pizza!

Go eat Tuna fish!

I still have no life. Trololo ~

Black 2. My fc : 4213 5452 6544

(Credit goes to FairyWitch)

(Credit goes to Astral Shadow)

I have actually never encountered a shiny pokemon in the Hoenn games, sadly. Hopefully I will soon!

my first shiny was a Digglet in FR. ran, 'cuz i thought the game messed up. D'oh!

the last shiny i found was a Geodude in Emerald. why did it have to explode!
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Shiny Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone. Was before anybody had heard of Rhyperior as well, so it would have been nice to have a gen IV shiny right out the gate, but alas, it fled of course.

I found a shiny Wurmple in Emerald, evolved it into a Beautifly, transferred it to Platinum, then deleted my data without trading it because I forgot it was on there!
    On Black I randomly found a shiny Minccino and deleted my data cuz I'm an idiot or something...
    On SoulSilver I found a shiny Sandshrew in the Safari Zone and same deleting scenario...
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??
    I have claimed Glaceon!
    Current Shiny hunt:
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Y Friend Safari: Ground type- Diggersby
    If you want to see some of my art, here's the link to my gallery:
    http://colorslive.com/author?id=144214
    You will also see me on these Forums:
    http://www.evergrandecity.com/member.php?u=134
    http://www.thepikaclub.co.uk/forum/ucp.php?i=164
    http://www.virtuadopt.com/profile.php
    http://mlpforums.com/user/28460-wanderingzbornak/

Funny Fire Emblem Awakening moment(pic from GoggleWaddleDee): http://i.imgur.com/XhLhhsZ.jpg

I started a new emerald game. One of the starters was shiny. My sister pulled out the cartride. I was like NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

My brother had to have the worst luck with his first shiny. You know that Poochyena that chases Prof. Birch that you have to battle at the start of the game before you get the Pokéballs? My brother had that thing be his first shiny. He was so upset he had me battle it and make it faint because he was so upset. Poor guy. Still I have the biggest shiny failure: my first and only shiny is a Bidoof and I caught it. :P

Encountered a shiny Staravia. Nuff said.
    Last edited by pikachu780; 22nd August 2013 at 3:09 PM.
    I CAME IN WITH A PIKACHU

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast