Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain! (739)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Cilan was simply displaying that Brycen and Beartic are/were actors. Considering Cilan is a Movie Sommelier, it was perfectly reasonable the way he reacted...Also, I'm sure plenty of people still enjoy Cilan...I know I do.
    He's a "this Sommelier", he's a "that Sommelier." For once I'd like for him to be real; I'm tired of him always referring to himself by a title.

I do believe this is the first poacher of Best Wishes, I'm sure those who haven't seen every episode would not be aware of other poacher in the show, hardly was "redundant". If we're going to call things that get used over again "redundant", that most of the show itself is "redundant". Then again, I don't see what's so "redundant" about reusing plots in a show that has over 730 episodes...most shows reuse plots that aren't even 100 episodes, shows reuse plots, it's how things are, not every single episode needs to be different.
    I was talking about all the poachers that Ash has encountered throughout the series; heck, you could even say that Jessie and James are poachers because they're always trying to get their hands on rare Pokemon. But anyway, I just thought that the second part of the episode was boring. Volcarona was supposed to be an almost mythical-like Pokemon, yet it seemed more like a common Pokemon you would see in any old forest. The poacher character himself was bland, and the episode probably would've been better with just the training scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Do you dislike the poor thing that much still?
    Meh. I just don't see why everyone was so worked up about a new move, when it has been shown that not all training produces a new move.

I forget, but is the first time cilan is mentioned as a movie sommelier?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I forget, but is the first time cilan is mentioned as a movie sommelier?
    No. In Luke's debut episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    No. In Luke's debut episode.
    Thanks. I had a feeling it was mentioned before.

6. Default

Saw the ep.

Burungel looked plenty large to me, especially in the cage with Pokemon Hunter G.

Ulgamoth did not impress me.

Dento was hilarious as always "It's Movie Tai-mu!"

Also a bit laughable that the Isshu Gym Leaders don't hold region-wide conferences where they can meet and greet, and have some supper.

He did not know, or know of Hachiku being a GYM Leader, only his movie credentials, nor did he know Aloe, or Fuuro, or Yakon. Seems like he only knew of Arti being a leader, and Kamitsure by virtue of her modeling career.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Pseudo Legendary is a dumb term(haven't said this one in a while) and Volcarona isn't part of that dumb designation.
    Why do you hate that term so much?

Most legendaries end up having around 600+ BST.

Is it really a surprise and so horrible that a fully evolved Pokemon (Basic, Middle, FINAL) with a 600 BST is comparable to a Legendary like Darkrai, Jirachi, Shaymin, Meloetta, Genesect.

What else you would you rather call them? Because they are special Pokemon, that deserve their own classification.

It doesn't matter anyway, Volcorona isn't even classified as one. Sure it's strong and comparable to the weaker legendaries like Entei, Terrakion, etc, but it's still 50 points shy of a 600 BST.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 11th May 2012 at 7:17 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Oh my God. I thought nothing would infuriate me more than Cilan's courtroom scene from the previous episode, but his Brycen intro was just too much. Why can't the writers see that we're tired of Cilan's theatrics!?
    How is it "just too much?" Again, it was just one part of the episode.

And you cannot say "WE'RE tired of Cilan's theatrics" when it's just YOU and a minority of people who share your opinion. Most of the audience, in Japan or overseas, are perfectly fine with Cilan's theatrics since that's the kind of character he is. And compared to all of the Brock or Team Rocket running gags we've gotten over the years, I still think it's nowhere near time to be "tired" of Cilan's antics. If you could put up with that for a decade, then you can put up with Cilan for a few years.

Iris called Ash and Krokorok "kids" on more than one occasion in this episode too. I'm sure there are people who are "tired" of that too, but guess what? It's not going to stop.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 11th May 2012 at 7:44 PM.

Well, that guy wasn't very smart.

I mean..why use a net to capture it? Why not use, oh, I don't know, a ****ING POKEBALL?
    He was clearly strong enough to defeat it in battle and he wouldn't be committing a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-san View Post
    Well, that guy wasn't very smart.

I mean..why use a net to capture it? Why not use, oh, I don't know, a ****ING POKEBALL?
    He was clearly strong enough to defeat it in battle and he wouldn't be committing a crime.
    I believe he's a poacher, he's not capturing it for himself, he's getting it for someone else.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I believe he's a poacher, he's not capturing it for himself, he's getting it for someone else.
    Well, he could've just given the Pokeball to that guy then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-san View Post
    Well, he could've just given the Pokeball to that guy then.
    I believe Poachers enjoy the hunt, it's all about tracking the Pokemon down, beating it, and then giving it to the client or auctioning it off.

I believe Poachers enjoy the hunt, it's all about tracking the Pokemon down, beating it, and then giving it to the client or auctioning it off.
    Yep. It's the same deal as Hunter J. She could've just used pokeballs after beating her prey down with her Salamance but instead chose to petrify them and give them to her employers. I get the sense that Pokemon hunters don't WANT to do things like regular trainers because they're sick minded people who want more of a challenge.

Great episode today. I found the whole build up for Brycen as an impressive adversary to be pretty good. Ash will definetely have a run for his money with his seventh badge. And judging for this episode, I have some doubts whether Ash will win next week. I do hope he wins though.

This episode was okay... It was cool to see Ulgamoth and Burungeru for the first time. The Female Burungeru looked a bit odd to me... The male and female were well-animated while attacking together. Brycen and tsunbear really showed off their strength when breaking the boulders. It was hilarious when Ash and Krokorok tried to imitate them, hurting their hands while trying to punch a rock, Krokorok refusing to go in the water, and Ash going in instead. Ulgamoth was not animated very well, and it was very disappointing.

40/100
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

The battle between the poacher and Ash was very well-scripted. It was believable and looked amazing. Krokorok really stepped its game up this episode, getting some great hits on Jellicent.

I doubt this is the last we see of Volcarona.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Finished watching the episode, I enjoyed it.

I liked seeing Krokorok get a nice role in an episode, I enjoy seeing it all the time.

I enjoyed seeing Volcarona. Jellicent were cool too to me.

I liked Byrcen and his Beartic. I enjoyed Cilan's introduction of Brycen as well.

Overall I enjoyed the entire episode. But didn't someone mention that Krokorok was referred to as Axew's "older brother"? I didn't see anything like that in this episode...

Finished watching the episode, I enjoyed it.

I liked seeing Krokorok get a nice role in an episode, I enjoy seeing it all the time.

I enjoyed seeing Volcarona. Jellicent were cool too to me.

I liked Byrcen and his Beartic. I enjoyed Cilan's introduction of Brycen as well.

Overall I enjoyed the entire episode. But didn't someone mention that Krokorok was referred to as Axew's "older brother"? I didn't see anything like that in this episode...
    Yeah, Jellicent were awesome. But, I prefer the male one for the voice

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom

Volcarona gets a terrible debut. All it gets to do is lay around in a net.

As for the episode, it's mostly battling so I didn't care for it that much.

why didn't iris freak out at beartic? it's an ice type....

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    why didn't iris freak out at beartic? it's an ice type....
    She did freak out for a moment, but got over it. I'm glad they didn't make that running gag too prominent.

I just watched the episode myself. It wasn't too bad, and it was nice seeing Krokorok maintained that "cool" personality he's always had. I'm almost surprise he didn't join Ash sooner, seeing as they match each other perfectly in those training scenes.

Now I kind of want to see Scraggy and Krokorok interacting, after seeing Axew getting all excited.

As for the second half of the episode, it was alright. I'm glad they had Krokorok win up until the point the poacher started cheating. I don't mind Volcarona not really doing anything much, since that raises my hopes up in the future that it'll appear in a battle and not as some deux ex-mechina plot device.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Krokorok's Gender wasn't revealed in the dub
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

I thought this episode was good. What's wrong with hunting Pokemon? Don't trainers do that all the time when they really want to catch a precise Pokemon?

This hunter's got nothing on J
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I'm glad I got to see jellycent of both genders.
    The bad guys get caged, just like in that Frostlass episode in Sinnoh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast