Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain! (739)

It was a good episode. Ash's training sequence was funny. I'm looking foward to the Gym Battle.

After this episode Krokorok began my favorite mon on Ash team!! Love it 8/10

BTW - Did Officer Jenny voice change? It sounds weird!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Volcarona gets a terrible debut. All it gets to do is lay around in a net.
    I know. Brycen and his Beartic do a much better job guarding said mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    What's wrong with hunting Pokemon? Don't trainers do that all the time when they really want to catch a precise Pokemon?
    Full disclosure here: that Volcarona was the guardian of a mountain so it shouldn't be captured or hunted.

Also, in this world, hunting Pokemon is like hunting animals for personal profit.

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Good episode, but I've already seen it in Japanese. It was fun seeing Ash hurt himself in dub though.

Come on...I'm on pins and needles waiting for eps 84 and 85 so roxie and the koffing song can be translated.

This was a pretty good episode, though I feel like Volcarona could have done a bit more.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Loved the episode sooo much 9.4/10 and the soundtrack at the end sounded sooo nostalgic ahaha
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Multishipper / I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunset
    ChatanGo | BulbaGarden Forums | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Liked Volcarona's voice. Finally! A dubbed voice that's unique.
    3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Fine episode. Seeing Brycen was great as well. The Pokemon Hunter section was okay, but I do wish Volcarona could have done more.

I thought this was a great introduction to Brycen without actually fully introducing him until the last 10 seconds of the episode. I thought the training section was good, showing Brycen and Beartic's prowess which proves they will surely be tough opponents. I also enjoyed Ash's battle with the hunter and it showed that Krokorok could hold it own against 1 Jellicent but Brycen and Beartic managed to finish the battle and save the day!

On to the next one .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I thought the voice actor really did a great job with Brycen, his completely serious tone was a nice change of pace.

Niot a bad episode. I liked it

thoguh the hunter's bike reminded me of Genesect

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I like the way how the men says "You'll have to beat my Jellicent" using this sentence for the two Jellicent, mwihih.
    Anyway, I like this episode, but not too much, there was not a lot of action, and see Ash failed with Krokorok, not a lot interesting.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 13th September 2012 at 1:27 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

lol that magic cage just kept catching everyone. and i wonder why cilan didn't know he was a gym leader, shouldn't all gym leaders know each other?
    Pokemon XY: Episode 15 is my favorite Pokemon episode OF ALL TIME (And Clemont my favorite character)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    lol that magic cage just kept catching everyone. and i wonder why cilan didn't know he was a gym leader, shouldn't all gym leaders know each other?
    No they don't.

Skyla had never met another gym leader until Cilan.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    No they don't.

Skyla had never met another gym leader until Cilan.
    and in a past episode Brock had to ID himself with a boulderbadge to show he was a gym leader.. so it shows they are not as known as others would think.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Very decent episode, Brycen had a nice introduction & it was well paced. Only gripes I have I would've liked to seen more of Volcarona, TR would've been alot better than just some random hunter, & disappointed that Ash didn't use Pikachu to help him defeat the other Jellicent, but then we probably wouldn't have seen Brycen in action.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Really good episode. It wasn't until now that I actually like Brycen. When playing Black and White, I thought ht was bland, since he didn't appeal to me so much. Now that I fully see him as a movie star, has a pretty good character, rather series, he's growing on me. His actions, along with Beartic were spot on.

I also agree this Pokemon Hunter has nothing on J. Not even close. Tricking/Cheating are totally lame moves for a hunter, or anyone really.

Krokorok was awesome as well. I'm glad we got to see more of him during this episode. Both dedicated and silly!

Looking forward to watching the Gym Battle in a bit.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Mm, not the most interesting episode, and not the most interesting gym leader. The most interesting thing about the episode was it aired on Pokemon's 14th anniversary.

5/10
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/15
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:
    To reclaim:

I like the episode, but thats just becausee of Volcarona :3
    its voice was cool too! also nice to see Brycen of corse!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

It was a great episode. Volcarona seemed weak though. I laughed when Ash fell down the waterfall

I find this less to be an episode focusing around Volcarona and more of another generic "hunter" episode

The first half or so of this episode was great IMO. I really liked how Cilan was such a huge fan of Brycen and knew everything about his movies. Personally, I found Cilan's fanboying to be endearing. The segment in which Ash and Krokorok were trying out Brycen's training methods was just as enjoyable. I loved how Ash and Krokorok weren't that good at copying what Brycen and Beartic were doing and it was funny to see how they would screw up. I think my favourite fail was when Ash fell down the waterfall.

The second part of the episode, with the Pokemon hunter plot, wasn't as interesting to me. I would have liked to see Volcarona do more because it is one of my favourite Unova Pokemon. But, I did like seeing Beartic's strength when it took down both Jellicent.

Overall, I liked the episode.

The introduction of Brycen was well-done in this episode, It's cool that he's a movie star and a gym leader too. I liked how he defeated the hunter, His Beartic was strong.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234