Thread: Cool's Cool Sprites!

Default Cool's Cool Sprites!

Cool's Cool Sprites!

So the other day I decided to get back into spriting. I have made a few, not great, sprites so far. I had done some of this before, though. I hope I kept some of my skills!

Please note that some of my sprites will have backgrounds and others won't. I also know that I should save as PNG but the program I use for transparency makes it GIF.

Spoiler:- I tried to scratch...:
    Last edited by cooloolcool; 22nd May 2012 at 8:12 PM.

Azetios made me totally rotfl, and the last one as well
    Water Pokemon. Nuff Said.

FEAR THE SLOWBROTHERS

Quote Originally Posted by SoLaR-ScEpTiLe View Post
    I love the Zekrom/Scolipede fuison, the blue marks on Scolipede's sides makes me drool xD
    also the Kirlia one is really cool ^^
    Those are probably my best 2. Kirlia one is one of my favorites. And the Zekrom also has Articuno's Wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruits26 View Post
    Azetios made me totally rotfl, and the last one as well
    yeah. They're funny, but not my best works.

They're pretty great :P
    I really like the Zekrolicuno and Grovirlia, they're the best

Quote Originally Posted by Skywardswordsman View Post
    They're pretty great :P
    I really like the Zekrolicuno and Grovirlia, they're the best
    Thanks! And best part of all of these, I make them in MS Paint!

I looooooved the zekrom-scolipede usiion
    the hariyama/kirlia/grovyle one was pretty cool too

Quote Originally Posted by Star✰Destroyer View Post
    I looooooved the zekrom-scolipede usiion
    the hariyama/kirlia/grovyle one was pretty cool too
    Zekrom/Scolipede/Articuno It has Articuno's wings

Kirla/Grovyle Where did Hariyama come from?

I will also take requests! I need the practice. And does anyone actually have suggestions/critism?

Well, as far as fusions go, you clean everything up pretty well, and everything is colored good too. I'd say just try branching out and doing some more difficult fusing(wings and heads are pretty easy to cut and past after all), and some scratching(like the blaziken), and you should get vastly better in no time.

The scratch thing is decent, just make sure you have a feasible idea before you go crazy with it. Personally I'd make the arms the same at least.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Well, as far as fusions go, you clean everything up pretty well, and everything is colored good too. I'd say just try branching out and doing some more difficult fusing(wings and heads are pretty easy to cut and past after all), and some scratching(like the blaziken), and you should get vastly better in no time.

The scratch thing is decent, just make sure you have a feasible idea before you go crazy with it. Personally I'd make the arms the same at least.
    Finally. Criticism and suggestions.

Yeah. C+Ping is really easy. I prefer to do that rather than scratch. I'm pretty bad at scratching. I had actually wanted the arms to be like that. The Scyther arm is meant to show that it is royalty (in my mind, it evolves from trading a scissor while it's hiding the King Stone(or whatever it is)). The other shows that it evolves from Scizor. But yeah, it is pretty bad.

No, its not really bad at all. I just think for a different pokemon, evo or not, that there should be at least minor changes to the claw and scythe, to make them flow better with each other.

Same with the head, which I realize is easier said then done. But I think you did a good job on the outline of everything else, just continue what you did there to the best of your abilities and it will turn out great.
    ----------------------------------

Zekrom and Scolipede ftw!
    Grovyle ans Kirlia is a wonderful pokemon! I just wish gamefreak would do the same in creating new pokemon!
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Hydri View Post
    Zekrom and Scolipede ftw!
    Grovyle ans Kirlia is a wonderful pokemon! I just wish gamefreak would do the same in creating new pokemon!
    Thank you. I'm glad you like them!

I think the biggest issue with your fusion is the transition between both different pokemon. Try smoothing it. The Zekrom one is the most obvious IMO because you can easily say ''It's here (and pointing exactly) you paste Zekrom body''.

That Zekrom one is the coolest one! Great work!

FB Profile~|deviantART Profile~
    3DS FC: 4382 2023 3008
    Animal Crossing New Leaf Dream Code: 6400 2207 2907
    Banner made by Sworn Metalhead!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkyWyvern View Post
    I think the biggest issue with your fusion is the transition between both different pokemon. Try smoothing it. The Zekrom one is the most obvious IMO because you can easily say ''It's here (and pointing exactly) you paste Zekrom body''.
    Yeah. But for Scolipede, you can sort of see why I put Zekrom's Body where it is. But I do need to work on that a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickster Zorua View Post
    That Zekrom one is the coolest one! Great work!
    Thank you. That one is probably my favorite due to it being the sprite that got me into spriting.

The 8th made me lol! :3
    My friend code(s):

Black/White FC: 1721-7932-4166
    3DS FC: 4940-5983-7879

Message me your friend codes so we can fight/trade!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR BLACK AND WHITE 2!

Quote Originally Posted by PKMNwalker View Post
    The 8th made me lol! :3
    The Seviper one? It's not my best but I'm glad you like it!

~le cough~ Time to C+C!

Fusion of Unova Starters/Evos- Hmm, well let's start with the basic. every pokemon sprite has a "light source"-usually the top left corner. This gives the pokemon sprite moe depth and shadow.I think it could certainly need more shading on it- the whole leaf is one color, for example. The only shading are on the middle bit of the body- and it's a bit odd, as noting is casuing the shading. When making a pokemon scratch or fusion, after fusing/recoloring think to yourself "Where are the shadows going to go if it were 3-D". Usually under the arms/in between legs in the most obvious, but don't forget some have large necks/necks stretched, and this would cause a shadow on the body. I also think you need to fuse the pokemon than stick to one color scheme (eg, fuse three, than choose say Tepig for the colors) The mish-mash of blue/green/yellow makes it seems very...simple? If you work on color and shading, you'll have a great piece!

Shiny Cressilia/Mienshao-I think this one if better than the evo fuse. You've fused the arms nicely. The only things I pick up on is the fact that there isn't a lot of Mienshao- only the arms and feet are really used. You could have used Mienshao color scheme to maybe color in Cressilia's ring, or added Mienshao whiskers. Also, there appears to be white pixels that you've missed when filling in for transparency. For the moment, I would actually worry for the transparency- just worry actually worry about making the sprite look good. When it does, you can fill in transparency.

Kirlia/Grovyle-This one is pretty smooth, actually. The shading is nice and the mixture is well, goodly mixed. The 2 things I could pick up on is the fact the Grovyle's leaf on Kirlia's head could use a bit more blending-at the moment, it is just sat behind. I think you could "morph" it into Kirlia's head some how. Also, at the base of the "tail" seems to be a few pixels missing. These can easily be filled in :)

Zekrom/Articuno/Scolipede-I like this one- it's pretty clever and smooth. The blue on black works well, and makes it eye-catching. However, the wings behind Zekrom makes Zekrom's head look crowded. You could have maybe used a bit more of Articuno on it as well. But other all, very well done n_n

Azelf/Latios, Mespirit/Latias- I don't know why, but off both of these fusions, i get there feeling that they're both rushed. They seem very choppy, and very copy and past. They're not very "imaginative" and just seem to lack something. The curve in Latias body not only look a bit weird, but emphasizes that it is a fusion. The kink in the join between Latios' neck and Azekf's head is obvious, and the shading is a bit wrong.

Blaziken/Trainer-This is very oddly done. The head is very small compared to the body, and there is too much Blaziken, and not enough trainer. If you think of cosplay, you think of people "dressing up" as the characters they would want to be-but do it so people know what they are. I can see huge chunks missing from Blazikens shoulder and you can't really who/what it is meant to be fused with.

Seviper/Trainer-This is going to sound harsh, but this is very sloppy. The tail is just hovering there is mid air, not actually attached to anything, you could have easily out it on the trainer butt area. The head of Seviper is literally just "put" on there- there is any blending or recoloring, it looks like a half-dead seviper just landed on the trainer.

Cosplays can be quite difficult, so I suggest you start with easy pokemon to "cosplay", like espeon, umbreon, tentacool, vulpix and ninetales. Pick pokemon with "outstading" features that would be easy to incorporate into a cosplay design.

Also, if you want to take requests, you need to make a separate shop for it- you can't take requests here, this is just for C+C and projects.

You need to work on a lot of things, but I certainly think you can do it. Another useful tip is to order your sprites into the order you did them- this way you can physically see yourself getting better. At the moment, I can't tell as good and bad ones are mixed up. Keep on spriting :)

They're cool! But the Mespirt/Latias fusion's neck looks... off.

I like them COOL, I really like the Kirlia.

My only sprite attempt came out really good, but its on my old computer, I'll try to retrieve it, if I can.

Very nice.

Ooh, ooh! I've got a challenge! Since I love the Zekropedicuno, I want you to fuse Sawsbuck, Excadrill, and Reshiram!!
    If you can't work Excadrill in, I'll understand. Keep up the good work!

Dratini is my bishie.
    Faria: God said, "Vengeance is mine".
    Dantes: I don't believe in God.
    Faria: It doesn't matter. He believes in you.
    deviantart/sprites/twitter/tumblr

Kirlia/Grovyle, Zekrom/Scolipede/Articuno, and Azelf/Latios are my favs. But on Mesprit/Latias, maybe you should have cut out Mesprits' arms. Otherwise, they're all good. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...