Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pikachu is not a mouse!

Default Pikachu is not a mouse!

I recently found something shocking (for me mostly ). Pikachu is not a mouse... It is a pika. Yes, there is an animal called pika. It is just a small rodent, like a mouse. Proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pika

My question is: Why is pikachu called the mouse pokemon, not the pika pokemon?

1. The similarity of the names?
    2. The fact pikas aren't world renowned?

What do you think?
    Water Pokemon. Nuff Said.

FEAR THE SLOWBROTHERS

I think that he's still called the mouse pokemon is because a mouse it an animal known worldwide whereas I had never heard of a pika until now.

No. He's a mouse. If they say he's a mouse, then he's a mouse.

Never knew that, that's interesting.

I'm trying to get people on a VERY fun Forum. It is an is a multipurpose forum primarily Anime but also Pokemon, Games, and Art. It would be great if you are active and everyone is actually nice there unlike most other forums. The site is pretty new. We have contests, roleplays, and we might open up a Minecraft Server. If you plan on signing up to the forum here is the link--> www.luffyforums.com When you start signing up, please I would love for you to list me as your referrer. There may not be a lot of activity at first but if you contribute and invite people, post, make threads, the forum should get going and get active. Be sure to post away as it helps us.

Luffy Forums Username: The Void

Yeah, I knew it was based on a pika. Tbh, I think they only gave it the pika part because they are rodents. It does look more like a mouse. I mean, a pika doesn't have a tail.
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

Pika suits emolga more, even without wingo-fins

FEAR THE SLOWBROTHERS

Cool Story Bro please tell it again
    Up for any Battle! Kmon! Show Me Your NOOBS!!
    White FC 0089-7979-2182
    3DS FC 3007-9089-1963
    My legit RE Shinys All up for trade

Pikachu->Marill->Plusle and Minun->Pachirisu->Emolga

I'm trying to get people on a VERY fun Forum. It is an is a multipurpose forum primarily Anime but also Pokemon, Games, and Art. It would be great if you are active and everyone is actually nice there unlike most other forums. The site is pretty new. We have contests, roleplays, and we might open up a Minecraft Server. If you plan on signing up to the forum here is the link--> www.luffyforums.com When you start signing up, please I would love for you to list me as your referrer. There may not be a lot of activity at first but if you contribute and invite people, post, make threads, the forum should get going and get active. Be sure to post away as it helps us.

Luffy Forums Username: The Void

lol, interesting facts about pokemon. Mouse is just more known anyways.
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

*facepalm*

How do you...

Pikachu is a mouse pokemon. Look at the Pokedex entry. You think the Pokedex would really take time out of its day to lie to you?
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."
    So please, learn how to use it correctly.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius View Post
    Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

Actually, according to Bulbapedia, this is what Pikachu's name is based off of:
    Pikachu is a combination of ピカピカ pikapika (onomatopoeia for sparkle) and チューチュー chūchū (the sound of squeaking).

You've regretted mentioning that some Pokemon have multiple influences. Ever heard of a kinkajou? That's in the mix.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultAsAwesome View Post
    Actually, according to Bulbapedia, this is what Pikachu's name is based off of:
    Exactly. BULBAPEDIA. As in a Pokemon version of Wikipedia.

Now, look at the Pokedex entry. What do you believe more, the Pokedex entry for Pikachu that GF gave it, or some guy on the interweb?
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

Quote Originally Posted by WillsPokemon View Post
    Exactly. BULBAPEDIA. As in a Pokemon version of Wikipedia.

Now, look at the Pokedex entry. What do you believe more, the Pokedex entry for Pikachu that GF gave it, or some guy on the interweb?
    Hmph. It's not like a 13 year old could've put that on there. IT'S IMPOSSIBRU!

*Sigh*

Couldn't this 'Pika" be considered a mouse, though?
    If so, than yes, Pikachu is still a mouse type pokemon.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

According to yahoo Pikachu is supposed to be a cat.

http://games.yahoo.com/photos/game-c...335813715.html

My eyes have been opened to the light.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

*facepalm*

How do you...

Pikachu is a mouse pokemon. Look at the Pokedex entry. You think the Pokedex would really take time out of its day to lie to you?
    Yes. The Pokédex ALWAYS lies.
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

Because little kids don't know what a pika is.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rusaemfrlg View Post
    According to yahoo Pikachu is supposed to be a cat.

http://games.yahoo.com/photos/game-c...335813715.html

My eyes have been opened to the light.
    No, it's just a lookalike. A very messed up lookalike.

Pikachu is a mouse-pika-cat-chuchu pokemon.
    I've never heard a mouse say "chuchu", that would be awesome
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Let's all just say it's this "Pika", so the next time you hear some little kid say that Pikachu is a mouse, you can slap them with Bulbapedia and be like 'WRONG!' and hear their sobs of failure. Agreed?

Sincerely,
    Everyone

*facepalm*

How do you...

Willis, I'm not telling pikachu is not a mouse in the pokedex. I'm just asking.. why is ist. Don't get angry dude

FEAR THE SLOWBROTHERS

The old art of pikachu (back when it was pudgy and looked like it didn't have any neck) seemed to me more like what I think of when I think of a pika. The pictures of pika I see usually show them hunched up so that they look more like fuzzy balls with eyes rather than a rodent with a distinct head, neck and chest. For whatever reason, the art of pikachu changed so that it is a little more sleek and actually has something of a bit of a neck. Now it looks to me more like a cross between a rabbit, a hamster, and a lab rat with a squashed tail. About the only thing I wouldn't describe it as would be a mouse.

Why is it called the mouse pokemon? I think that GF probably wasn't thinking of naming each species of pokemon so perfectly that it would stand up under the scrutiny of millions of fans of the game over 17+ years. If memory serves me correctly, it was something of a surprised that Pokemon proved so popular. Correct me if I'm wrong of course. If that was the case, then calling it a mouse pokemon as opposed to the pika pokemon or the small rodent pokemon or the zapping pokemon or the pudgy pokemon really wouldn't have mattered too much at the time. They'd have just figured "Mouse pokemon. Good enough." and gone on to creating more glitches program the rest of the game.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Pika can also be the onomatopoeia of electricity in Japanese. Unless they were making a Japanese/English pun (which would be incredibly awesome), I think the latter part of the name, Chu would indicate a mouse.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast