Thread: Team Blazing Iron (Wifi OU Monosteel)

Default Team Blazing Iron (Wifi OU Monosteel)

Ello there.

Over the next few weeks, I've decided to make a monotype team for every type in the game. Here's my first one; Team Blazing Iron, a Steel monotype team, and almost as effective as my standard team. (I'm not sure if that means that this team is really good, or that my standard team sucks. >.<)

I'm not going to bother posting teambuilding sections for 17 different threads.

Heatran @ Air Baloon
    Timid - Flash Fire
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Taunt

My old friend here makes a return as my primary answer to Sun teams, especially those dumb enough to run Kingdra over Dugtrio. Fire Blast is a devastating STAB, made even more devastating if Sun is present. Earth Power hits Tentacruel for some decent damage on the switch-in, and hits opposing Heatrans and non-Sp. Def Tyranitars pretty hard. Dragon Pulse is for Dragons, but primarily for Kingdra. If I can predict the switch, I can 2HKO and outspeed it. Taunt stops opposing leads and such from setting up on me. I went for Speed over bulk on him, considering everything on my team is bulky. He doesn't need any extra bulk.

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Adamant - Technician
    252 HP, 40 Attack, 216 Sp. Def
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower
    -Swords Dance
    -Roost

Bulky SD TechniScizor, with Life Orb > Leftovers for that bit of extra power. He can take quite a few non-STAB fire attacks in the rain, and retaliate with a boosted Bullet Punch or a Superpower. Bullet Punch gets priority and takes chunks out of everything that doesn't resist it. Swords Dance is for boosting to devastating levels. Roost is for grabbing some extra HP when possible, and Superpower is for opposing Steel types, and murdering Heatran on the switch-in. EVs give him a lot of Special bulk.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Impish - Sturdy
    252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Attack
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird
    -Whirlwind
    -Sandstorm

Another major component of my standard team makes an appearance on this team as the best ****ing physical wall in the game. Seeing as Jirachi and Ferrothorn already carry spikes, I decided to forgo them on Skarmory for Sandstorm, for the sole purpose of ending Rain and Sun if necessary. Whirlwind is for phasing if entry hazards are on the field. Roost makes him last forever. Brave Bird is for hitting Lucario and Infernape and the like for some serious damage. EVs give him massive bulk.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Careful - Serene Grace
    224 Sp. Def, 32 Speed, 252 HP
    -Iron Head
    -Body Slam
    -Wish
    -Stealth Rocks

My Special Wall, together with Skarmory, forms my defensive core. Jirachi can take boosted special Fire hits with ease, and Body Slam/Iron Head my opponents to death. Wish Support is practically necessary for this team, and Stealth Rocks was given to Jirachi to free up slots on my other 'Mons. Body Slam is for Parahax, and Iron Head is for trolling/damage. EVs give him plenty of Special bulk.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Impish - Iron Barbs
    252 HP, 88 Defence, 168 Sp. Def
    -Spikes
    -Protect
    -Power Whip
    -Leech Seed

Ferrothorn gives me some more hazards, and lures out Donphan and Tentacruel spinners, who then promptly die to Power Whip/Leech Seed+Protect. Spikes is Spikes, some entry hazards. Power Whip gives him some attacking power, but not much. It helps him beat SubPuncher Breloom, Tentacruel, and Donphan, all of which he seems to attract. Leech Seed gives him some healing alongside Protect. EVs give him some decent bulk, both Specially and physically.

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Jolly - Clear Body
    252 Attack, 52 HP, 200 Speed
    -Agility
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch

AgiliGross is a monster. I've literally swept entire teams with this set before. Agility is for boosting his speed to insane levels. After two boosts he outspeeds pretty much everything that isn't Scarfed. Meteor Mash is a devastating STAB, Earthquake gives some coverage, Ice Punch takes a chunk out of Garchomp, Salamence, Dragonite, and the Latis. EVs give him bulk enough to survive a lot, some great Speed, and enough power to hit like a freight train.

Other notes...

I figured, since Stealth Rocks does very little to the entire team, Toxic Spikes doesn't do anything at all to the team, and I can normally kill a Spikes setter before he lays 3 layers, that I don't really need a spinner.

Sandstorm on Skarmory is NOT changing. I like the ability to cancel out Sun and Rain, which can otherwise screw me over if Heatran/Ferrothorn die.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Team looks good for a mono type team. Steel is a great typing to start off with (although I am interested in seeing your normal mono type). I have a few suggestions to try:

Jirachi and heatran are good, don't change either. Skarmory I like the sandstorm, its different and unexpected. Agiligross is good, but would you consider life orb to increase damage output especially on bullky foes like gliscor/tornadus-t/multiscale dragonite?

the two pokes that will give you trouble I believe are tornadus-t and magnezone. a life orb boosted heatwave fries most of your team and heatran needs to be wary of superpower. And if magnezone traps ferrothorn for a sub/charge beam set, then your team can be in trouble if it gets enough boosts.

I can see where Tornadus could be a problem... I normally use Metagross to kill him, but I haven't seen one with Heat Wave yet.

Magnezone is also problematic. I either need to rely on prediction, or let Ferrothorn die, and whirlwind it with Skarmory. Even then, if Skarmory isn't at full HP, he won't be able to whirlwind.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Jeez, why does nobody ever post on my CRMT's? Do I just suck that much?

~Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    Jeez, why does nobody ever post on my CRMT's? Do I just suck that much?
    Don't worry people don't post on mine either and from testing I must sayy mine are good..

Well I must say it but you have a huge fire weakness except heatran fire demolish your whole team that means something like scarf darmanitan or chandelure beat your whole team after heatran is down.. so I would suggest using empoleon since he is neutral to fire and is a good special sponge and a good back up to heatran. But I have no idea what you should replace..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Jirachi can take any fire hit bar +2 Flare Blitz from Infernape or sun boosted Fire Blast from Heatran or Chandelure, and can paralyze in return with Body Slam. Metagross can take fire hits except in the sun, and countersweep with Earthquake. I'll consider Empoleon, but I'm not sure who I'd replace. Maybe Jirachi, but then I'd sacrifice Wish support.

Heatran murders every fire type there ever was, so as long as he's alive, fire types should fail against my team.

~Richard Dawkins