Thread: RMT Double battle VGC ruleset

Default RMT Double battle VGC ruleset

I've been working on a team for a local tournament, and they are going to be using the same rules as VGC. They are banning a few Pokemon like Garchomp, but that led me to believe that they are planning on using Smogon's banlist (ubers). Anyways, here is what I have (not sure if it's 4 or 6 pokes per team, but it is double battle.)

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Ability: Download
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpA
    - Recover
    - Thunder Wave
    - Ice Beam
    - Trick Room

Porygon2's job is to basically set up Trick Room for Scrafty, and then cripple opponents with Thunder Wave, and Attack with Ice Beam. Recover is there for keeping it healthy.

Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Moxie
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
    - Crunch
    - Fake Out
    - Drain Punch
    - Protect

Scrafty opens up with Porygon2, and will most likely either Fake Out an opponent, or use Protect while Porygon2 uses Trick Room (Scrafty has a Brave nature for the lower speed). Afterwards, Drain Punch and Crunch will be used to K.O. opponents, and build up Moxie

Hitmontop @ Fighting Gem
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
    - Wide Guard
    - Helping Hand
    - Sucker Punch
    - Mach Punch

Hitmontop is more of a support Pokemon on this team. It has it's priority moves when needed, and Helping Hand to mostly help Scrafty. Wide Guard is used to help block the spread attacks.

Whimsicott @ Lagging Tail
    Ability: Prankster
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Switcheroo
    - Giga Drain
    - Encore
    - Taunt

Whimsicott is that (annoying) supporter that can slow down a fast threat by giving it Lagging tail, and/or lock it into a move with Encore (or even a struggle with that and Taunt). Giga Drain is there for dealing damage and recovering.

I'd like to hear what you guys think. The tournament is in 6 days, and hopefully will be a challenging one!
    Black FC: 2322 7437 2827

Porygon2 has max SpA, but only 1 attack, better use 252 Hp/76 Def/180 SpD with Bold nature, to up both defences.

Your leads are both weak to Fighting, doesn't seem handy to me. I suggest you use Jellicent or Dusclops for TR, unless the Fighting weakness doesn't bother you.

Hitmontop I recommend Technician on. May sound odd to throw away Intimidate, but Mach Punches will hit much harder.

Only 1.5 (Hitmontop a bit) pokemon that can deal real damage isn't enough in doubles. It's about hitting hard and fast. Your team is not very capable of hitting hard, so I think you'll get destroyed first, unless you put a strong special attacker, like Quiet Eruption Heatran, or Chandelure, Iron Ball would be nice since they're pretty fast for TR, but they certainly hit hard.
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

I'll give that a try. I thought porygon2 might have been good, but I guess the defenses cant hurt if I decide to keep it on. You meant Eviolite Dusklops, right? And I'll aim for Technician on Hitmontop, I'm sure that will be better. I'm not sure if they're allowing any ledgendaries though... so to be safe I'll probably use chandelure. I used it in the previous tournament, and won that one, but that was 5th gen only. Thank you
    Black FC: 2322 7437 2827