Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #72

Quote Originally Posted by The Creator View Post
    This set probably isn't too effective but what the heck.

The Smeargle of OHKOs!
    Smeargle@ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Lock-On
    Sheer Cold
    Mind Reader
    Fissure

Basically just spam Lock-on/Mind Reader and Sheer Cold/Fissure. Use a Focus Sash so you can survive a hit and potentially deal another killing blow. With any luck you'll at least be able to KO one of your opponents Pokemon. But really there are so many better options out there with Smeargle. Not like he can really use them effectively though.

EVs:252 Defense/ 252 Special Defense/ 4 Speed
    Maximize your defensive capabilities and add a little Speed. Your Jolly boost should help a little with Speed as well.
    why not replace fissure with something less repedative and one of the lock moves? a sugestion would be spore/ substitute.
    pokemon black
    IGN: BANANA
    FC: 2193-7267-7439

Oh, poor Smeargle. It's been gifted to literally learn anything, yet it still can't do everything it would hope because of those stats. Awful defenses, offenses that it could only brag to Shuckle about, and iffy Speed.

Still, since it can learn EVERYTHING, it is of course best known for its Baton Pass and Spore-using capabilities. In the way of being a utility belt, Smeargle has it all.

Best stat-boosters to pass: Quiver Dance, Autotomize, Shell Smash, Agility, Swords Dance, Iron Defense/Acid Armor/Cotton Guard, Amnesia, Nasty Plot. Choose what you want based on your team's needs.

Some highly noteworthy status moves: Dark Void (even if it has been banned), Spore

Even though Spore is Smeargle's most feared move, it still is lagging behind a little with base 75 Speed. It benefits greatly from Tailwind support in this sense.
    Last edited by Charizard Lizzy; 13th May 2012 at 7:15 PM.
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

Run, Boy, Run!
    This little gamble will work better if Smeargle is faster than the opponent.

Smeargle@Focus Sash
    I'd put Moody, but if you're playing with Smogon, go for Own Tempo.
    Spore
    Belly Drum
    Recover
    Baton Pass

Easy: put the opponent to sleep with Spore before or after you get smashed to your Sash. If you get knocked down to 1 HP, use Recover, then use Belly Drum. If you live that long, use Baton Pass to toss your well-earned goods to something with ExtremeSpeed, like Lucario or Dragonite. Have fun sweeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Lizzy View Post
    I don't think Lock-on fixes OHKO moves' accuracy, as that would be completely unfair. However I don't know for sure, so I'll see if I can research into this sometime.

The only Pokemon (besides higher-leveled ones) who'd prevent Sheer Cold from hitting would be... Shedinja. Because of Wonder Guard. So you don't have to panic about using Gastro Acid for that particular reason.
    Wrong. Lock on does fix the accuracy problem. I have one of these with the lock on-sheer cold combo. Shame dark void is banned, otherwise it is perfect. Plus i haven't thought of gastro acid. Good for the sturdy users and those with insomnia. You could also use bullet punch for focus sash users, as it chips off that remaining 1 hp. @the creator. Don't use fissure as it is a pain if it is a flying type you battle, and you want 252 speed to try avoid damage Also, never use smeargle for attacking moves. Its stats are way to low to be effective.

Counters, garchomp and Haxorus. Dual chop=game over for smeargle. Basically, any multi turn moves ko it. Cloister is a fine example. Icicle spear and rock blast is painful. Hypno gets a mention, because of insomnia. Gardevoir and alakazam can annoy it with a syncronise/lum berry combo, causing sleep for it. Sturdy users are mainly rock, so should have access to moves like rock blast, so golem and gigalith are useful here.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Wrong. Lock on does fix the accuracy problem. I have one of these with the lock on-sheer cold combo. Shame dark void is banned, otherwise it is perfect. Plus i haven't thought of gastro acid. Good for the sturdy users and those with insomnia. You could also use bullet punch for focus sash users, as it chips off that remaining 1 hp. @the creator. Don't use fissure as it is a pain if it is a flying type you battle, and you want 252 speed to try avoid damage Also, never use smeargle for attacking moves. Its stats are way to low to be effective.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Makes for quite a deadly Smeargle

And I totally forgot about Sturdy with my previous post. Good point there.
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

So many Baton Pass sets...

The Ultimate Copycat
    -Sketch
    -Copycat
    -Mimic
    -Mirror Move

Just For Teh Lolz
    -Splash
    -Swallow
    -Spit Up
    -Dream Eater
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Though Dark Void is banned from official tournaments, it does deserve a mention as it still can be used in friend battles and probably on unofficial battle sims

Smeargle. Oh, how I love your breeding capabilities! Anyway, to my preferred set:

Spore: Obvious choice here, as it's the best sleep move ever.
    Belly Drum/Cotton Guard/any stat boosting move here: Obvious, really. Which boost move depends on your recipient and preference.
    Baton Pass: Pretty much the only good in-battle use for Smeargle.
    Substitute: Yeah, I know, Smeargle isn't the best sub user. It does make for an okay baton passer, though, so Substitute makes sense.

Item: Focus Sash - it makes sense. Smeargle is a weak little beagle thing, so it needs focus sash to ensure it has at least one turn to set up anything.

My Personal Favorite Smeargle Set
    Smeargle Lv1@Focus Sash
    Own Tempo
    Evs: None
    Spore
    Trick Room
    Endeavor
    Dragon Rage/Insert Priority Move Here (Preferably Bullet Punch or Extremespeed)
    Trick Room makes a level one outspeed every Lv 100 except for a Ninjask/DeoSpeed with +6 speed.
    Spore for sleep induction. Endeavor for all FEAR pokes.
    Dragon Rage to hurt Ghosts mildly. Bullet Punch to hit all be Shedninja. Extremespeed or Fient for high priority (and to hit through protect).

Let's see.. Smeargle can learn every move in the game, but sucks at using most of them, due to hideous stats. His usable movepool includes EVERYTHING Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Spore, Baton Pass, Shell Smash, Cotton Guard, Quiver Dance, Agility, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Dark Void, Endeavor + ExtremeSpeed, Toxic, Substitute, Recover, Roost, Softboiled, Belly Drum, Amnesia, Dragon Tail, Roar, Whirlwind.

Yeah, I kind of scraped the bottom of the barrel, but who cares?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Let's see.. Smeargle can learn every move in the game, but sucks at using most of them, due to hideous stats. His usable movepool includes EVERYTHING Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Spore, Baton Pass, Shell Smash, Cotton Guard, Quiver Dance, Agility, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Dark Void, Endeavor + ExtremeSpeed, Toxic, Substitute, Recover, Roost, Softboiled, Belly Drum, Amnesia, Dragon Tail, Roar, Whirlwind.

Yeah, I kind of scraped the bottom of the barrel, but who cares?
    What's the point in dragon tail if it's got Whirlwind? All it means is that it can't phaze subs.

As for taunt...it's screwed it's hit by taunt anyway.
    Though Dark Void is banned from official tournaments, it does deserve a mention as it still can be used in friend battles and probably on unofficial battle sims
    And most battle simulators have a sleep clause, so it's only good in casual battles.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

This guy is the most epic supporter ever!

The Stage Director and Actor:
    Nature: Jolly or Timid
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Def
    Ability: Depends on the partner
    Item: Sitrus Berry or Focus Sash
    Moves:
    Acupressure
    Skill Swap/Entertain
    Dark Void
    Transform

This is a moveset I have used before and it was a smash! The partner at the time was a physical Kingdra with Outrage, so my smeargle had own tempo to give to Kingdra. I recommend an Ambipom with Fake Out and U-Turn to use first before switching to the powerhouse that receives the ability. It helps smeargle stay alive while dark voiding.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Isn't Sheer Cold illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtukker View Post
    Isn't Sheer Cold illegal?
    Not at the battle subway.

Deer Support
    (For use in double or triple battles with any one of the Muskadeers and anyone with Justified.
    Minimum attack IVs and EVs 252HP/252Spd/4Def or Sp.Def
    -Beat up
    -Spore
    -Baton Pass
    -Any assist/boosting move
    @Focus Band
    O.K this is for double and triple battles with someone the ability Justified like Lucairo. Basicly you start off the battle by using Beat Up and boost the pokemon with Justifeid attack to the max then spore then boost then Baton Pass while your partner sweeps.

Credit to iPokemon^

Ok, i'm going to comment on a variety of subjects here without actually quoting anybody( cuz it's a pain to do on my phone) so bear with me...

1) Spore is nice and all, but like all status moves, it gets bounced back by Magic Mirror...ya know, so you can't just throw it around so easily all the time...Personally, i keep a xatu on every one of my uu and ou teams, just for the utilty...just sayin...smeargle might be gettin kinda sleepy...

2) Ok, i agree that the FEAR sets are awesome and all, but still ...thes should be the 4 attacks: Foresight/Endeavor/Extremespeed/Filler + Focus Sash...I mean, come on...it has the means to beat ghosts on a switch, so why not abuse Foresight?

Without further to do, i give thee my perish trapper set:

Smeargle + Leftovers
    Jolly +252Speed/252HP
    -Perish Song
    -Block
    -Endure/Substitute
    -Protect/Recover

If they cannot 3KO you, then this set cannot be beaten...Like walls and Blisseys and Dusclops and Magicarps...those sorts of things...or you could replace one of the last slots with Ingrain just for the pure joy of trolling

an Audino with simple beam/swagger would be a good partner for the standard set, speeding up the process

Smeargle
    @focus sash
    foul play/extremespeed
    spore
    guard swap/power swap
    trick room

Smeargle has craptastic attack so why not use the opponents? dont use power swap and foul play at the same time, that would be pointless.
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    Pokémon: Grumpig, Xatu, Sigilyph
    FC: 2707-1924-1041

Damage Set
    Own Tempo w BrightPowder/Leftovers/Ring Target
    Timid/Jolly Nature (Since the only good stat is its speed)
    255 HP & 255 Speed
    Night Shade
    Seismic Toss
    Dragon Rage
    Toxic/Will-o-wisp/Endeavor

Recover
    Ability, Nature, and EVs are the same.
    Item: Big Root
    Leech Seed
    Aqua Ring
    Will-o-wisp
    Night Shade/Dragon Rage/Seismic Toss

Partners
    Teeter Dance users, like Lilligant, if Own Tempo is going to be used
    Heal Pulse users

Countering
    Generally, any speedy pokemon with fighting-type moves (most likely Physcial) like Mienshao, Infernape, Focus Blast Accelgor, Reversal Yanmega, Close Combat Staraptor, Raichu, Focus Blast Charizard/Typhlosion/Sceptile, or Low Sweep/Focus Blast Zoroark. Otherwise, one with Trick Room in effect like Scrafty, Drain Punch Seismitoad, Jump Kick Stantler/Sawsbuck, or Golurk.
    Brick Break users like Salamence, Floatzel, Weavile, Garchomp, or Ambipom; in case of Reflect/Light Screen movesets.
    Revenge users like Cacturne, Druddigon, or Bouffalant.

Because there's a very good chance the moveset will be Status-based, you should also consider:
    Guts users like Throh, Machamp, or Hariyama.
    Magic Guard users like Clefable, Sigilyph, Reuniclus, or Alakazam.
    Magic Bounce/Magic Coat users like Xatu, Lopunny, or Porygon-Z.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 15th May 2012 at 6:56 AM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Offensive Set
    Ability: Own Tempo/Moody
    Stats: Jolly (or Timid), Max Speed & HP EVs, rest to either defense
    Item: Focus Sash/Choice Scarf
    Moves: Spore, Seismic Toss, Foul Play, Night Shade

Basically, you can put opponents to Sleep, use their own Attack stat against them, and hit for fixed amounts of damage. If you can't put enough of a dent in an opponent, switch. A Choice Scarfed Spore will be a good setup for Smeargle's allies if the opponent is vulnerable to Sleep.

Jolly and Timid are the best Natures for this set because you don't lower either defense with them and the damage you'll output is independent of your own offensive stats. Jolly is preferred in case of Struggle, though. Not that you'll ever see it, most likely, but just in case...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Why the hell dark void have a mention... sleep clause and lower accuracy than spore...
    s@weird name ferligart guy why dragon rage even got a mention 100 HP>40 Hp

so the fear set: extreamespeed,foresight,spore, endeavour ?
    well my set + foresight on the last slot :P

Power Swap is a gimmick tried it with shuckle did MEH.. it cripples but only till the switch.. and it don't give too much....

Smeargle should had prankster then he would be Uber :P

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Damage Set
    Own Tempo w BrightPowder/Leftovers/Ring Target
    Timid/Jolly Nature (Since the only good stat is its speed)
    255 HP & 255 Speed
    Night Shade
    Seismic Toss/Final Gambit
    Dragon Rage
    Toxic/Will-o-wisp/Endeavor
    Ring target is useless and Final Gambit is a gimmick. Use spore instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Why the hell dark void have a mention... sleep clause and lower accuracy than spore...
    s@weird name ferligart guy why dragon rage even got a mention 100 HP>40 Hp

so the fear set: extreamespeed,foresight,spore, endeavour ?
    well my set + foresight on the last slot :P

Power Swap is a gimmick tried it with shuckle did MEH.. it cripples but only till the switch.. and it don't give too much....

Smeargle should had prankster then he would be Uber :P
    Prankster then would be near broken. Using quiver dance smeargle is using an inferior Venomoth though he does get spore but throw a zoom lens at venomoth then you pretty much have it.

How to beat smergle.

Taunt him, attack him x2.
    Or hit him with a multiple attack move like rock blast.

Credit to iPokemon^

If they cannot 3KO you, then this set cannot be beaten...
    Oh, using a Smeargle while in an attempt to avoid a 3HKO. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Oh, using a Smeargle while in an attempt to avoid a 3HKO. Good luck with that.
    Dude...it'z all for the lulz...why so serious?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast