Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #72

Smeargle... The pokemon able to use every move in the game_a thing even mew cannot do_ finds itself forced to use only support options and gimmick attacks because of it's stats. While far from the best pokemon ever, smeargle is a very potent supporting pokemon. A load of things shuts it down mainly taunt. A taunted smeargle is a dead weight! But it's a lot of fun. When you use this pokemon is like playing a poker game, you throw it in the battlefield putting on your best pokerface and hope that your opponent won't guess what's in your hands. Gamble with smeargle, but if the strategy succeeds, you will have an unstoppable team.

Since a lot of you have done the "Boosting move", "Spore", and "baton pass", I'll try to make something new that also competitively viable. Note that it's not that different from the others but with minor changes.

Smeargle@Damp rock/Heat rock
    Ability: Own tempo
    Nature: Increase speed!!!!!
    Evs: Increase speed and defenses!!!
    Moveset:
    -Rain dance/Sunny day
    -Spore
    -Toxic/Will-O-wisp/Thunder wave
    -Foul play/U-turn

In the lower tiers where weather is rare, this guy can provide some weather support to it's team. Item is what weather you want, extending it's period to 8 turns. So, all you want to do, switch in, spore, cripple his/her next switch in with status of your choice, set up your weather and then switch out to a pokemon that can use the weather effectively. Foul play is here not to be taunt bait using the opponent's strengh that in most cases (95%) of the time will be higher than smeargle's. U-turn won't do massive damage but the goal of using it, is for smeargle to switch out safely while avoiding taunt in the same time.

Another possible set:
    Smeargle@light clay
    -Spore
    -Reflect
    -Light screen
    -Foul play/U-turn

Easy, switch in, put the opponent's pokemon to sleep, set up dual screens while trying not to be set up bait or taunt bait with foul play! Switch out to a frail sweeper like "Heatmor?" and you'll have a very powerful bulky sweeper. Same here for U-turn as for above.

Imagine smeargle with prankster!!! Oh man! It will be best prankster user ever!!!!
    Last edited by Rayofquazar; 14th May 2012 at 12:03 AM.

My favorite Smeargle to use, well the only one I use. In RU it is can be devastating if the opponent makes even one mistake.

Smeargle (Level 1) @ Focus Sash
    Nature: n/a
    EV's: n/a
    - Spore
    - Trick Room
    - Endeavor
    - Dragon Rage

A great Trick Room abuser. Almost always should start the game, and only start the game, as as soon as hazards are up it's ruined. First turn use Spore. Then Trick Room. Then proceed to spam Endeavor + Dragon Rage, KO'ing countless amounts of Pokemon while your opponent cries themselves to sleep thinking about how they allowed a lv 1 Smeargle to take out half of their team.

GodDamnZilla

Smeargle's the name, Speeds my game
    Timid Nature
    Choice Scarf
    252 Speed, 252 Sp Attack, 4 HP
    Moves:
    Psychic/Extrasensory/Psycho Boost
    Fiery Dance/Fire Blast/Blue Flare/Magma Storm
    Shadow Ball/Vaccume Wave/Focus Blast
    Future Sight/Doom Desire

Honestly, when it comes to speed, its almost the only thing Smeargle is good at. And Since Smeargle Can learn any move, whats wrong with using a so-called exclusive move? The Psychic type moves are for Fighting type pokemon that have smeargle cornered. Psychic is the second most powerful and lowers special defence, extrasensory is the weaker of them but has a lot of PP without even one pp up and may cause a flinch, and Psycho Boost is the most powerful but lowers sp attack as recoil. Deoxys's signature move. your call. not mine
    next are the fire type moves. Fiery Dance, Volcaronas signature move, is weaker but it can also raise the Sp Attack by 1 stage sometimes. Magma Storm, Heatrans signature move, traps the opponet and is actually kinda powerful. Fire Blast is stronger, but not as accurate as the other moves. Blue Flare is the most powerful and may cause a burn, as well as being Reshirams second signature move. again, your call not mine
    Shadow ball is if your not afraid of being slower or of heatran suddenly appering in NE, but if you think you'll be slower, even with Choice Scarf, theres Vaccume wave if you need it. if either Heatran suddenly appers in NE or your ballsy enough to use smeargle in the higher tiers where Heatran roam, then theres focus blast. your call. not mine
    finally, we have stalled moves. Future sight is weaker and bloked by dark types, but has more PP, while Doom Desire is steel type, not easily resisted, but has only 5 PP. must i say what i said 3 times already?

If you dont have acces to one of the moves above, thats okay, i never said that the moves HAVE to be used. but hey, the serebii.net gods can remove them anyways if they want to. their call. not mine
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    Dude...it'z all for the lulz...why so serious?
    Lol so was that comment x)

Anyway, Smeargle has Sketch, giving it essentially every move in the game. So what to use? That's right. Baton Pass sets. Set up with Quiver Dance or Shell Smash and pass it to someone who needs it. So fun xD
    Its stats are so mediocre you literally can't do anything else with it ._____.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by TimmahX View Post

The Moody Ban

Okay, it's easy to see why this ability was banned thanks to Smeargle. Consider the idea of +2 on one stat and -1 on another stat every turn and that Smeargle usually is going to use Spore and a Boosting Move before it leaves play. That's plenty of time to soak up boosts, good or bad.
    YES, I REMEMBER FIGHTING pOKE. ONLINE AND I lost to its boosting power passed to a STORED POWER TOGEKISS! I hate smeargle! You son of a banny cheatin bastard! I can't forgive you ...---

Sorry for the exaggeration but really. Watch out for the illegal ability of smeargle or yu could end up being whooped by its friend carrying its super boosted powers.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I'd edit this in later, but why scream the same set 200+ times over and over?

If you ask me, Smeargle was a horrible pick, simply because it only has one set. Nothing else works with it. Even if something did work on it, there would be as least eight Pokemon that do it's job better found in standard play. Smeargle is an extremely poor Pokemon, being useful only on Baton Pass teams, and can be very easy to play around.

I vote to re-name the POTW to "The Half-Arsed attempt at making Serebii look like Smogon, but with Worse Pokemon". The acronym, THASSWP, has a nice ring to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemazter3001 View Post
    I'd edit this in later, but why scream the same set 200+ times over and over?

If you ask me, Smeargle was a horrible pick, simply because it only has one set. Nothing else works with it. Even if something did work on it, there would be as least eight Pokemon that do it's job better found in standard play. Smeargle is an extremely poor Pokemon, being useful only on Baton Pass teams, and can be very easy to play around.

I vote to re-name the POTW to "The Half-Arsed attempt at making Serebii look like Smogon, but with Worse Pokemon". The acronym, THASSWP, has a nice ring to it too.
    Pokemon of the Week is done more for entertainment than to be an online reference (though I'm sure casual players have used it before).

I do agree though I'm getting tired of this string of boring useless Pokemon that no one cares about.

Also, try this set
    Endeavor punch
    Endeavour
    Bullet punch
    Spore/dark void
    Quick guard.
    Brave
    Evs, 252 speed, 252 att 4 sp att.
    Nature, own tempo/moody
    Item. Focus sash
    This is a classic that isn't wasted on smeargle. Except for health regain items. With its awful defence stat, it goes well. It needs lower speed, but it is ok as a suicide lead. Endeavor+bullet punch is amazing if you add a focus sash, most pokemon fall. Then, if it is fast enough, it can use spore to put others to sleep, and destroy them, but needs to watch out for ferrothorn and rocky helmets. Quick guard is for priority moves.

The precious set
    Nature: Jolly/Timid
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spd, 4 Def
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Own Tempo

- Shell smash
    - Spore
    - Extreme speed
    - Baton Pass
    simple. spore then smash then switch.if your opponent has prioity(I.E. they attack, you spore, they send in scizor on the turn you smash) extreme speed will let you do something before dying, and sleeping something kinda akes it out of the game so its a 1 for 1 I guess. If they are choiced and you get a free send in to set up ,even better.

counters
    Espeon/xatu will destroy it. Priority allows you to stop the smash pass, but something will have been slept by then, which is bad. Something with protect/toxic orb, faster status or immunity to sleep should help. Perish songing him works well also.

Doubles/triples options:
    There is no point in him being in doubles/triple except to use dark void, in which case he wil need a scarf to stop all the earthquakes, rocks slides, surfs and heat waves killing him before he can do any thing. And alot of people play sleep clause, so really that set puts a random pokemon to sleep, nothing more. So overall, not a doubles/triples guy.

Partners:
    Nidoking. Smash pass to a life orb sheer force nidoking with 3 speciall attacks and 1 physical attack, and kill EVERYTHING.
    Several other things can be passed to, but that requires a whole team. Smashpass to Espeon is one of 5th gens most stupid things cause stored power/hp fight/shadow ball/ re baton pass. Passing with a chain you need espeon, vaporeon and ninjask are generally good as well, and then espeon or someone else as a finisher.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

One of my favorite Pokemon. All my favorites are worthless.

Overview:

Smeargle is rather infamous for its ability to learn just about any attack. Unfortunately its only good at using about ten of them. It's only even remotely usable stat is Speed, and it requires significant investment to even get the best of that. This Generation Smeargle gets Shell Smash as its most notable improvement being one of three Pokemon capable of passing it. Even this isn't enough to save him from falling from grace, however, as several new threats have lead to his fall from grace.

Smeargle's niche is that he can pass whatever your Team needs. Shell Smash, Nasty Plot, Rock Polish, Belly Drum. Whatever the flavor of the week is. Smeargle's role will almost always be supportive. With a pitiful 20 points in either offensive stat he isn't going to be KOing anything.

Generic Smeargle

Smeargle @ Focus Sash / Sitrus Berry / Red Card
    Nature: Jolly
    EV: 252 Spe. / 252 HP / 4 Def.

- Spore
    - Baton Pass
    - Lunar Dance / U-Turn
    - Belly Drum / Shell Smash / Quiver Dance / Nasty Plot / Rock Polish / Ect.

Spore is the backbone of any Smeargle set. If it hits it almost always gaurentees the turn you need to set up whatever your heart desires. This Generation you cannot Spore without fear. There are just too many threats.

Baton Pass, because Smeargle isn't going to be capable of using whatever he's passing.

Pick a Boost, because Smeargle can learn them all. Consider the needs of the Pokemon you're passing to when choosing your weapon of choice. In some cases the old standby Belly Drum can be superior to Shell Smash. Specifically when you need the additional attack more then a speed boost.

Lunar Dance has been buffed this Generation. Completely healing one of your Pokemon at the end of your turn can give you the edge you need to win a battle. Use Lunar Dance after Smeargle has successfully passed once or when you know he won't survive to pass so his loss will not be completely in vain.

or

U-Turn can be used as an option over Lunar Dance. It's designed to get Smeargle out of a bad situation more then hurt the opponent. When I say " opponent " I mean Espeon or Xatu on the switch.

Other Options

Ingrain / Seismic Toss / Night Shade / Destiny Bond / Aromatherapy / Spikes / Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock / Rapid Spin / Will-o-Wisp / Thunder Wave / Toxic / Taunt

This is pretty much the extent of Smeargle's usable movepool.

Ingrain sounds good on paper. It would ensure that you and whatever you're passing boosts to will not be easily phased. Smeargle doesn't really have the endurance to risk an additional turn setting it up, however.

Seismic Toss or Night Shade are Smeargle's best bets for doing any sort of offensive damage. It chops 100 HP off the top of whatever your opponent might have. Note that either attack will not hit certain types of Pokemon so choose an attack based on personal preference.

Destiny Bond can be fun when bringing your weakened Smeargle back in after a successful pass. One of your best (and only) bets of directly KOing something with Smeargle.

Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes are all in your disposal. Smeargle doesn't exactly excel at setting any of these hazards, but can prove to be a decent addition to team built around entry damage.

Alternatively Smeargle can Rapid Spin for you in the lower tiers. Why you would want to do that is another question entirely. At least he's better then Delibird at spinning, so there's that.

Smeargle gets more then just Spore as a status inducing move. Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave can cripple your opponent's sweepers before Smeargle goes down. Toxic, as always, wears down unprepared walls.

Aromatherapy can be used on a more supportive set but Lunar Dance is vastly superior to it. If you're that worried about your entire Team being wrecked by Status it may be better to have a dedicated celeric.

There are better Taunters in the game. Smeargle can still Taunt slower Pokemon to prevent their setup and buy more time.

Item Choice

Focus Sash is the go-to item for most sets. It's only really reliable if you lead with Smeargle since even even a mild breeze can render it completely useless.

Sitrus Berry is useful on a Belly Drum set since it allows you to drum twice even after Stealth Rock damage. It also allows you to drum if your opponent actually manages to hit, but not kill, you.

Red Card can be used for the same reasons Sitrus Berry can. On contact your opponent switches. You might be able to scrape by an extra turn to setup while they get their bearings.

Counters

... where do I begin?

Magic Bounce almost singlehandedly evicted Smeargle from Standard Play. You can no longer Spore with reckless abandon. Smeargle can do absolutely nothing against either Magic Bounce user except run for its life.

Priority, particularly Mach Punch or Vaccume Wave usually means the end of Smeargle's passing dreams. If you're not sashed Mach Punch will almost always OHKO you.

Phasing is even more common with the arrival of Dragon Tail. Ingrain can negate the possibility, but you may still be killed outright by the average Dragon Tail user.

Taunt shuts down 99.9% of Smeargle sets. It doesn't help that there are a slew of new Prankster Pokemon that also get Taunt which ensures they'll get theirs off before you can Spore them.

Finally, any non-Ghost attack will put a dent in Smeargle. Focus Sash is its most recommended item for a reason. Spitting in its general direction is usually enough to KO it.

Doubles and Triples

Soon ... because it's bedtime.

Try spore, belly drum, then baton pass to terrakion or scizor. Painful to watch. Quiver dance and baton pass makes alakazam devastating in the field. Also latios or hydreigon can benifit from a speed and sp. Attack boost. Try transform. Gimmicky, but add as a last move slot.

I'd like to say, since nearly all Smeargle carry Spore and will start with it, Magic Bounce shuts it down. In fact, it shuts Smeargle down so much that every Spore I've reflected using my Espeon's Magic Bounce --- and there has been quite a few --- has caused the opponent to forfeit immediately!
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Note that it's very-likely to be through calculation, not simulation, that you'll ever see the following.

Barring Shuckle, Chansey, Blissey, Dark Types, Fighting Types, and/or Steel Types, Foul Play is a huge asset. While you are likely unable to survive long enough for the Ubers, Smeargle being able to 1KO non-Defense Deoxys is something to consider when filling a Moveslot. Aside from Seismic Toss and Night Shade, Foul Play is the only way Smeargle is dealing triple-digit damage.

Let's look at others who can be severely hurt by a combo of being slower than Smeargle, Foul Play with Base 100+ Attack behind it, and Average-or-less Defense:
    -Rampardos - Base 165 Attack (often maximized) VS Base 60 Defense (often untouched)
    -Flareon - Base 130 Attack (not-often maximized) VS Base 60 Defense (again, often untouched)
    -Ursaring - Base 130 Attack (often maximized and buffed) VS Base 75 Defense (likely untouched)
    -Golurk - Base 124 Attack (often maximized) VS Base 80 Defense and a Weakness to Dark
    -Granbull - Base 120 Attack (often maximized) VS Base 75 Defense
    -Luxray - Base 120 Attack (often maximized) VS Base 79 Defense
    -Banette - Base 115 Attack VS Base 65 Defense
    -Eelektross - Base 115 Attack VS Base 80 Defense
    -Snorlax - Base 110 Attack VS Base 65 Defense
    -Beartic - Base 110 Attack VS Base 80 Defense
    -Victreebel - Base 105 Attack VS Base 65 Defense
    -Muk and Octillery - Base 105 Attack VS Base 75 Defense
    -Camerupt - Base 100 Attack VS Base 70 Defense
    -Seviper - Base 100 Attack VS Base 60 Defense
    -Carnivine - Base 100 Attack VS Base 72 Defense
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Oh, Smeargle. This Pokemon can literally do anything. Thanks to the sole move it learns through level up, Sketch, it can permanently copy and learn any other move in the game. The downside? Smeargle's stats are positively horrid; it's absolutely pathetic both offensively and defensively. It's best stat is a so-so base 75 Speed. It basically forces you to carry a Focus Sash to have even a chance of doing something. But if you can pull off your strategy, Smeargle can be a strong supporter in almost any tier.

Recommended tiers: NU-OU

Own Tempo prevents confusion. Although confusion is rare in competitive battling, this can provide a bit of a buffer against moves like Hurricane.
    Technician multiplies the power of moves with base 60 or lower power by 1.5. This ability is completely useless in single battles as Smeargle is too weak to perform direct offense, but you can put it onto an ally in Doubles and Triples using Skill Swap or Entrainment.
    Moody raises one random stat by two stages and lowers another random stat by one stage every turn. This ability is banned for good reason; it's completely broken. Smeargle that run this ability may get an evasion boost so high they're nigh unhittable, and they often pass the boosts to an ally.

Smeargle usually functions as a Baton Passer. Often, the strategy is to use Spore to put an enemy to sleep, use the free turn(s) to set up, and then Baton Pass. Belly Drum, Shell Smash and Quiver Dance are probably the best choices, since few other Pokemon can Baton Pass those. Endeavor is another good move, working off Smeargle's poor HP. Foul Play works off the opponents Attack stat, so even though it doesn't get STAB, its Smeargle's best offensive move. There are plenty of other options that have already been listed.

Double and Triple options: I once used a Smeargle that Skill Swapped Defeatist off an Archeops and gave it Technician instead. Fake Out can be useful as well, but there are better choices for Doubles and Triples, especially considering Smeargle's frailty.

Countering Smeargle: Sandstorm and Hail ruin Smeargle, as the passive damage breaks its Focus Sash. So do all entry hazards, although Smeargle is frequently a lead. Pokemon with Insomnia and Vital Spirit will send Smeargle fleeing, as it can't Spore them. Primeape is a notable example. Fake Out breaks Smeargle's Sash and fliches it. Phazing and Hazing ruin Smeargle's Baton Passing attempts. The Magic Bounce ability ruins Smeargle, bouncing any Spores right back at it. Taunt similarly cripples it. Just about any decent attack can OHKO Smeargle. The problem is catching it before it flees, so Pursuit is effective provided Smeargle doesn't use Baton Pass.
    Last edited by ClefairyRox; 14th May 2012 at 3:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Note that it's very-likely to be through calculation, not simulation, that you'll ever see the following.

Barring Shuckle, Chansey, Blissey, Dark Types, Fighting Types, and/or Steel Types, Foul Play is a huge asset. While you are likely unable to survive long enough for the Ubers, Smeargle being able to 1KO non-Defense Deoxys is something to consider when filling a Moveslot. Aside from Seismic Toss and Night Shade, Foul Play is the only way Smeargle is dealing triple-digit damage.

Let's look at others who can be severely hurt by a combo of being slower than Smeargle, Foul Play with Base 100+ Attack behind it, and Average-or-less Defense:
    -Rampardos - Base 165 Attack (often maximized) VS Base 60 Defense (often untouched)
    -Flareon - Base 130 Attack (not-often maximized) VS Base 60 Defense (again, often untouched)
    -Ursaring - Base 130 Attack (often maximized and buffed) VS Base 75 Defense (likely untouched)
    -Golurk - Base 124 Attack (often maximized) VS Base 80 Defense and a Weakness to Dark
    Nice idea. Try it in a trick room set, item being iron ball. Use it with spore/dark void, and it is then devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Nice idea. Try it in a trick room set, item being iron ball. Use it with spore/dark void, and it is then devastating.
    why people mention dark void all the time? doubles also have sleep clause...

it got worse accuracy...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post

Objection. I think banded giga impact/specs hyper beam (don't know his attack stats, they arent widely used) could hit triple figures. And final gambit.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Smeargle
    Nature: Hasty (+ Spd, - Def)
    Moves:
    - Toxic / Spore
    - Endeavor / Pain Split
    - Mach Punch / Sucker Punch / Aqua Jet / Shadow Sneak
    - Leech Seed / Foresight / Swagger / Magic Coat
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Att / 252 Spd
    Black: 0476-0460-1468
    Platinum: 3525-7211-4439

Future team plan for B2W2

Objection. I think banded giga impact/specs hyper beam (don't know his attack stats, they arent widely used) could hit triple figures. And final gambit.
    Just because it could ...

... well, I did a quick calculation anyway. The defending Pokemon would have to have about 60 with no investment in its Defensive stat for an invested Adamant Smeargle to have a chance at triple digits. Adding Life Orb or Choice Band makes it a certainty. So he could do it. It's just not practical. In the two turns it'd take using / charging Giga Impact he could've done 200 damage with Seismic Toss regardless of Defensive Stat.

Question: whats with the mention with Foul Play? smeargle has 20 base attack which is pitiful.

And why Dark void? isn't it banned
    Baton passing quiver dances is outclassed by Venomoth, someone with 15 points higher in speed then Smeargle and can do actual damage plus though rare, it has wonder skin that deduces the accuracy of taunt by 50%.

@philzone don't use transform and EVs in attack has no point if your running a FEAR set

Last, the 2 best counters are Espeon and Xatu since they have magic bounce.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 14th May 2012 at 8:56 PM.

Why are some people putting Dragon Rage? It does less damage than Seismic Toss or Night Shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Question: whats with the mention with Foul Play? smeargle has 20 base attack which is pitiful.
    Foul Play is based off of your opponent's Attack. Unless they have worse Attack than Smeargle and/or resist Dark type moves, Foul Play is even bettter than Seismic Toss or Night Shade.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Quote Originally Posted by grantholomew View Post

Foul Play is based off of your opponent's Attack. Unless they have worse Attack than Smeargle and/or resist Dark type moves, Foul Play is even bettter than Seismic Toss or Night Shade.
    Thank you for summing that up

Trick Ring
    @Ring Target
    Spore
    Trick
    Sheer Cold
    Any Filler move you like
    Nature Boost your defences.
    Evs boost your defences.
    This set is quite risky but if you manage to pull it off it should be worth it.
    Basicly you try to servive 1 hit and then use spore, then trick then sheer cold.
    Last edited by tomjames1966; 14th May 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Credit to iPokemon^

Quote Originally Posted by tomjames1966 View Post
    Trick Ring
    @Ring Target
    Spore
    Trick
    Sheer Cold
    Any Filler move you like
    Nature Boost your defences.
    Evs boost your defences.
    This set is quite risky but if you manage to pull it off it should be worth it.
    Basicly you try to servive 1 hit and then use spore, then trick then sheer cold.
    0HKO moves are banned...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by IchiXIV View Post
    Smeargle
    Nature: Hasty (+ Spd, - Def)
    Moves:
    - Toxic / Spore
    - Endeavor / Pain Split
    - Mach Punch / Sucker Punch / Aqua Jet / Shadow Sneak
    - Leech Seed / Foresight / Swagger / Magic Coat
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Att / 252 Spd
    First of all, you have no Special Moves, so Hasty should be outright replaced with Jolly.
    Second, Priority is easy to see coming from an Endeavor Smeargle, so it can easily be predicted and switched out on (Pursuit should be an option here).
    Third, Toxic is a bad option over Spore...actually, ANYTHING is a bad option over Spore...for Smeargle. Sleep is the only Status you should be flinging around.
    Finally, Magic Coat as an option means you expect that something faster isn't going to try and outright KO Smeargle on the spot. When is it useful here?
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast