Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most over-used pokemon

I must say that there are quite a few overused pokemon from gen 3, i'd say blaziken, swampert, rayquaza, flygon, salamence, metagross, ninjask (with speed boost), gardevoir, breloom and even groudon. Some less obvious, but probably still overused pokemon are altaria, skarmory, aggron, absol, slaking and ludicolo. Although most of the other pokemon are highly underused, for example kyogre is amazing, it has pretty much the same movepool as groudon just with different types, and the types really work to kyogre's advantage, plus sheer cold is the only OHKO that will work on any type. I don't think i've seen anyone use a mawile, torkoal, grumpig, solrock/lunatone, glalie or tropius plus several others, they really deserve to be noticed!

In my opinion the only good pokemon in the game were Mudkip or Torchic I personally was not a fan of any other pokemon... The game was great I just was interested in many. But now with the new evolutions, like for roselia, the game would be better.

Anyways, most over-uses = Torchic/Mudkip. I know it's hard not to use them but : P

Edit: I take that back, there were some good pokemon, I remember loving salamance

General seeing I think: Swampert, Salamence, Metagross and Latios/Latias
    were most overused in the game.

For me personal it was Sceptile and Slaking though
    Loveing the base stats of slaking. and Hyper Beam being an physical move back in R/S/Y was the bomb in combination with Truant
    As for sceptile, I adored him with Leaf blade and Thunder punch being special moves.

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

everyone had a swampert.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

Yeah, I'm so original with my Masquerain and my Sharpedo !
    Well that's not a difficult question. Salamence is pretty used and strong. Also Metagross, but rare.
    I'll say Flygon. Trapinch is so easy to catch and everybody has a Flygon now...
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Most likely Swampert. Water/Ground combo makes it a beast with only one weakness, and STAB's with ground just make it more of a deadly force.

"3rd time's a charm"

I think it was the starter that you got, everyone had a starter XD

Agron, Flygon and Salamance perhaps

From 3rd Gen... Salamence is my first thought. I haven't played a Gen III game in a while, but even in Platinum, every time I download Wi-Fi data at the Battle Tower, at least one trainer uses one. I can see why people would want them, because they ARE very strong... I'll admit, if Ralts is in the game, I do try to get one because Gardevoir's learnable moves are quite versatile. And Treecko was always my favorite starter (From Gen III), even if he had some gym type disadvantages, he always was and still is my favorite. My first Level 100 was a Sceptile, though at one time I had like a Level 99 Venusaur in Leafgreen.

Poochyena/Mightyena. Can never seem to get away from it and its freaking Intimidate when I play Emerald.
    - The whole Stallrein thing? He does it better.

Kyogre introducing perma-rain and Groudon introducing perma-sunlight

Zigzagoon, lamers do not want to catch Water-type Pokemon to use Surf nowadays.

Well, to be honest, I use Swampert a little TOO much.

Other than that, Flygon. My gosh I see that thing everywhere >.>

I will find you in real life and fall in love with you all over again.

Among the Pokemon that I use,I think that Gardevoir and Aggron are very common.Swellow is used many times by early game trainers.

And yeah those Rayquaza,Salamence and Flygon.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

The starters, Flygon, Salamence, Rayquaza, and an HM slave (probably Zigzagoon).
    Hola!

I recall Gardevoir and Salamence being spammed a lot, as well as Milotic. I wasn't huge on the competitive side of things, though.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Flygon.
    It's everywhere.

Swampert, Salamence, Flygon, Metagross, and Milotic.

Novice trainers use most these: Swellow, Pelliper, Crobat, Gorebyss/Huntail, Golem, Aggron, Linoone, Raichu, Breloom, Sableye, Slaking, Skarmory, Ninetales, Glalie, Blaziken, Sceptile, Flygon, Zangoose

Experienced players use most these: Salamence, Metagross, Milotic, Walrein, Gyarados, Alakazam, Dusclops, Eeveelution, Tyranitar

***Note: I didn't consider legendaries in spite of some are over used.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 2nd January 2013 at 10:02 AM.

metagross, and dodrio are what i would say.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegantensue View Post
    I don't think i've seen anyone use a mawile, torkoal, grumpig, solrock/lunatone, glalie or tropius plus several others, they really deserve to be noticed!
    I don't play competitively, but Torkoal is on my team, and it's there to stay. This is my Emerald team: Breloom, Manectric, Torkoal, Pelipper, Delcatty and Lairon. Torkoal and Breloom are actually the 2 strongest members of my team.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Rayquaza , once caught most of the people I know/knew who played it kept it in their team. Anti climax seeying as it's supposed to be legendary and rare :P
    "Pikachu!!" -pikachu-

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

probably the legendary pokemon, since most people tend to catch them and use them afterwards. Other pokémon which are used always are the starters and anything else is most of the time personal choice. I think however that the most chosen one around would be the Metagross family, Salamence family or common things like swellow.

I for one think the legendary Pokemon are the most over-used Pokemon in Gen III. After I beat Pokemon Ruby, really all I used was Groudon until I completed the National Pokedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast