Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Dream Radar Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Default Pokémon Dream Radar Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Posting it here as it acts similar to the Dream World, Pokéwalker etc. despite being a seperate game in itself

Discuss and speculate the specifics of the downloadable game: Pokémon AR Searcher.

This game is exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS and provides downloads of Pokémon captured within the games. Capturing is done by searching with the 3DS camera in the "Dream Valley", an area between the Pokémon world and the real world. You're asked by Professor Burnett to aid in the investigations of the area.

Below are the known Pokémon within this game

http://www.serebii.net/dreamradar/pokemon.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/dreamradar

You not gonna give it it's english name? Pokemon Dream Radar.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Official Nintendo Magazine outed it as Pokemon Dream Radar in English.

Seeing "Dream" in it's name makes me think Pokemon from this could have their DW abilities

So they did, just had the e-mail from Tom. Serves me right for napping

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Seeing "Dream" in it's name makes me think Pokemon from this could have their DW abilities
    Yeah. This could simply be an alternative means to the Dream World.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Yeah. This could simply be an alternative means to the Dream World.
    I hope there's no rule for 1 Pokemon a day if it does end up that way.

I hope there's no rule for 1 Pokemon a day if it does end up that way.
    I certainly hope not. But something tells me that there would be a limit, to avoid abuse.

Does this thing have a known system for how pokemon appear? I mean, like having a basic assortment of pokemon like Ralts or Wooper to encountering ones like the Sacred Beast Formes later on? I don't know, there needs to be at least some balance there.

So if this speculated to become an alternative to the Dream World, what becomes of the Dream World locations if that's the case? They could easily just have most pokemon in the Dream Radar. I dunno. It seems like a better alternative. But I agree there needs to be a limit somewhere.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    Does this thing have a known system for how pokemon appear? I mean, like having a basic assortment of pokemon like Ralts or Wooper to encountering ones like the Sacred Beast Formes later on? I don't know, there needs to be at least some balance there.
    We currently don't know, but I think there will be a storyline of some sort. Then as we go along, we unlock more Pokemon.

We currently don't know, but I think there will be a storyline of some sort. Then as we go along, we unlock more Pokemon.
    Much like the points in the current dream world, the more you play the more Pokemon you can obtain.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

But considering that... wouldn't the 3 Kami's be quite rare to be obtainable in the Dream Radar... Although it is too soon to assume this...

I'm really hoping that Smash shows off some footage of this. I'd like to see how it works in action, maybe the process of transfering mons over, etc

If this is a replacement to the dream world, then why is Game Freak/ Nintendo upgrading the website for Global Link and adding new areas like Cold Cave? It wouldn't be surprising if they did though, just to boost sales for the 3DS.

Some pokemon I hope are attainable with the AR seacher is starter pokemon, even tho I know it's wishful thinking... but heck I've been waiting for the DW starters to be relased for english games ever since b/w was released last year!
    B/W 2 Dream team : begining stages

I belive in my lord Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    If this is a replacement to the dream world, then why is Game Freak/ Nintendo upgrading the website for Global Link and adding new areas like Cold Cave? It wouldn't be surprising if they did though, just to boost sales for the 3DS.
    It's not a replacement. It's just an additional program.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

I feel as if this is a better and more entertaining way of obtaining pokemon rather then the dream world. I hope its like face raiders. That game is addicting.

Doubt this may happen at all but what if the Dream Radar gives new dream world abilities for almost all pokemon. Would love to see a new pokemon get Drizzle to outclass the toad

I agree, why else acknowledge the need for there to be a professor otherwise?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I hope we can abuse this thing early on in the game. I want so many pokemon that you can't usually get till later on in most games.

Gonna enjoy the hell out of this. Do some awesome stuff in my room.

Welcome to the Pokemon World. Learn the commandments of Pokemon Equality
    1) One loves the idea of Pokemon and their existence
    2) One only looks down upon a certain Pokemon after giving them a fair look and use
    3) One does not hate a certain generation because of a few Pokemon
    4) One does not be use backwards logic to hate Pokemon
    5) One must realize every gen has its awesome designs, and terrible designs.
    6) One must love Blaziken

Blaziken 5 lyfe, because 5>4

Personally I think that you are going to have to find it in the room and shoot whatever the beam is at it until the bar goes all the way down, and then you'll have it scanned or something (remembering that it is a dream) and then perhaps you have the choice to send it to the game, it will cost probably 10 play coins (3DS currency for anyone who doesn't know, most apps and games use them in some way, 100 steps walked = 1 coin, with a maximum of 10 coins per day) so that you can catch/scan as many as you want, but only afford to send one per day. Anyone somewhat agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Doubt this may happen at all but what if the Dream Radar gives new dream world abilities for almost all pokemon. Would love to see a new pokemon get Drizzle to outclass the toad
    We already know all the Hidden abilities and Politoed and Kyogre are the only ones with Drizzle.

We already know all the Hidden abilities and Politoed and Kyogre are the only ones with Drizzle.
    We know all the Dream World abilities because all the information is programmed in BW. I do believe the Dream World operates similarly to the Pokewalker, where no Pokemon are actually sent out of the game card, small amounts of info are just transferred back and forth to tell the game what it needs to update.

That said, the Dream Radar is a new application, so it could theoretically have its own, new and independent set of abilities and attacks for Pokemon received from it. Not saying it will, but it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteKoriyu View Post
    We know all the Dream World abilities because all the information is programmed in BW. I do believe the Dream World operates similarly to the Pokewalker, where no Pokemon are actually sent out of the game card, small amounts of info are just transferred back and forth to tell the game what it needs to update.

That said, the Dream Radar is a new application, so it could theoretically have its own, new and independent set of abilities and attacks for Pokemon received from it. Not saying it will, but it is possible.
    Na it can't. That'd screw up the base code of the games and damage compatibility with BW. It may include more Hidden Abilities, sure, but by that I mean Pokémon that are unreleased

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast