Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Dream Radar Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedeino View Post
    Yeah, there's going to be more, and I would also like to see Solrock and Lunatone in it, as they can fly around and hide.
    I wouldn't get my hopes up about the Pokemon hiding. I want them to be able to hide behind objects, but I havn't seen it happen in the trailers.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up about the Pokemon hiding. I want them to be able to hide behind objects, but I havn't seen it happen in the trailers.
    I doubt they'll be able to hide behind real-life objects because the room we're in only works as a background.
    So the only way I could see them hide is via 3D clouds, dust clouds, bubbles, bushes, mist, etc... placed anywhere.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    I'm not sure the 3ds' AR is that advanced, anyway. I mean it seems to be able to detect depth sort of but detecting objects to hide behind might be too much to expect

WHOOOOSH! That was the sound of my sarcasm flying over wulava's head bahaha

[sarcasm] I should add some sarcasm tags next time [/sarcasm]

xD

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I doubt they'll be able to hide behind real-life objects because the room we're in only works as a background.
    So the only way I could see them hide is via 3D clouds, dust clouds, bubbles, bushes, mist, etc... placed anywhere.
    If it's only a backround could someone just walk into the game and walk right thru a pokemon? That would be funny.
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I'm not sure the 3ds' AR is that advanced, anyway. I mean it seems to be able to detect depth sort of but detecting objects to hide behind might be too much to expect
    The AR isn't that advanced on the 3DS, it just looks for a specific pattern based on the software's recommendations, for example the AR Cards used with Kid Icarus: Uprising doesn't even look at the image on the card, but instead looks at the coloured box on the bottom left of the card. The AR application built into the 3DS system software looks at the actual image of the cards that were bundled alongside the 3DS.

It could be possible for the software in Dream Radar to work out the depth of something far away, then work out if something is even further away, then hide a Pokémon behind that object, but with the Pokémon running everywhere in the room, plus maintaining the 3D effect and the two rear cameras I don't think the 3DS would have that amount of processing power, I could be wrong however, but I urge people not to get their hopes up too high for advanced AR in Dream Radar.

EDIT: I missed out the point you made about it calculating depth, the 3DS can calculate depth, as evident in the AR Application when it urges the player to move closer or further away from the AR Card, but it can't work out depth when there is a great distance involved, but I don't know the actual specs of distance.
    Last edited by Icy Meteor; 9th June 2012 at 5:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charizarddude View Post
    If it's only a backround could someone just walk into the game and walk right thru a pokemon? That would be funny.
    No. Not "through" it. Anything or anyone that is present in the room is disregarded. The Pokemon will always remain up front.

Sorry to but in on this conversation but do you think that when Pokemon dream radar comes out in English that the 3 ledgandary sacred forms would be transferable to the Japanese game even though it isn't the Japanese pokemo dream radar?

Excuse me, which Pokemon are confirmed to be in this?

My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

[Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

Quote Originally Posted by Afrokid View Post
    Sorry to but in on this conversation but do you think that when Pokemon dream radar comes out in English that the 3 ledgandary sacred forms would be transferable to the Japanese game even though it isn't the Japanese pokemo dream radar?
    The 3DS is region locked. You cannot play Japanese games on an American and European 3DS. Likewise, a Japanese 3DS will not read NA and EU games.

So, nope. You can only transfer it to a game with the same region.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster5394 View Post
    Excuse me, which Pokemon are confirmed to be in this?
    So far we only have the Ralts line and the Kami Trio's formes.

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    The 3DS is region locked. You cannot play Japanese games on an American and European 3DS. Likewise, a Japanese 3DS will not read NA and EU games.

So, nope. You can only transfer it to a game with the same region.

So far we only have the Ralts line and the Kami Trio's formes.
    I know that the 3ds is region locked but don't you think they would let you transfer the Pokemon ds to ds as well as putting the game cartrige in and transferring it I mean it was just a commercial so it could be any way but I guess it's too early to make conclusions

Quote Originally Posted by Afrokid View Post
    I know that the 3ds is region locked but don't you think they would let you transfer the Pokemon ds to ds as well as putting the game cartrige in and transferring it I mean it was just a commercial so it could be any way but I guess it's too early to make conclusions
    Well, if you mean "trade" from DS to DS, 3DS to 3DS, or 3DS to DS or vice versa, then the region will be disregarded. Pretty sure you can trade just fine.
    But, if you mean "transferring" from the Dream Radar 3DS app directly to BW2, then it is region-locked.

So, if you don't have a 3DS and you want to obtain the new Kami Formes, you must trade from someone who already have it in their game.

If this thing is anything like the DW, hopefully it follows the same pattern of the current maintenance; i.e., less countdown from 24 to 22 hours. For that matter, how about making it daily as opposed to set hourly. Also, enable version upgrades so that way we do not have to buy the "next version" when it subsequently gets released.

Better DW moves would also be appreciated; why do we get Anorith with Cross Poison and Gligar with Feint, when both could have really used Aqua Tail like they had in PtHGSS (I realize Anorith did not get Aqua Tail via move tutoring, but Armaldo did. Game Freak could make an exception just this once, especially since Primeape still can use Iron Tail). Beldum should learn Gravity, like always. I don't care if it happens at level 49, make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    If this thing is anything like the DW, hopefully it follows the same pattern of the current maintenance; i.e., less countdown from 24 to 22 hours. For that matter, how about making it daily as opposed to set hourly. Also, enable version upgrades so that way we do not have to buy the "next version" when it subsequently gets released.

Better DW moves would also be appreciated; why do we get Anorith with Cross Poison and Gligar with Feint, when both could have really used Aqua Tail like they had in PtHGSS (I realize Anorith did not get Aqua Tail via move tutoring, but Armaldo did. Game Freak could make an exception just this once, especially since Primeape still can use Iron Tail). Beldum should learn Gravity, like always. I don't care if it happens at level 49, make it happen!
    Agreed, maybe Riolu with ice punch as well

I wonder if you'll be able to get shiny pokemon to appear somehow

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Quote Originally Posted by elorasheppard View Post
    I wonder if you'll be able to get shiny pokemon to appear somehow
    Doubtful. Although, that would be very cool... I think I'll be happy if shiny Pokemon can't appear so long as the Pokemon that do appear have Dream World abilities.

So, maybe the Pokemon with un-released DW Abilities will make the cut into the Dream Radar, if they don't appear in the new areas of the Dream World.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

The scans shows that we can nab items like the Thunder Stone in addition to Pokemon. They even have a little 3d model, so that's cool. Hope it's a nice wide selection.

Also: Porygon

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The scans shows that we can nab items like the Thunder Stone in addition to Pokemon. They even have a little 3d model, so that's cool. Hope it's a nice wide selection.

Also: Porygon
    Since Porygon is in the Dream Radar, maybe some items we can get are the Up-Grade, the Dubious Disc, and probably the other stones.
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

I wonder if I buy the two versions, will the dream radar let me send the same pokemon to the two version?? Or only one!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I wonder if I buy the two versions, will the dream radar let me send the same pokemon to the two version?? Or only one!!
    I'm pretty sure it would be only one, but if we can send to both, that would be AWESOME.
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iWSCcQNR7I

So, they jump up from clouds?

Meh. Makes sense, I guess.

Pfft, I posted that trailer on Thursday

Better quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItYzc-7RhXg

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Pfft, I posted that trailer on Thursday

Better quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItYzc-7RhXg
    Thanks looks great

Yay!
    DW Abilities confirmed!
    Level 60?
    AWESOME!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast