Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Dream Radar Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

This might work, if you capture Pokemon then send it to BW2 with Hidden Ability. Someone like Fennel will probably tell you about it in game similar to the Dream World

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Na it can't. That'd screw up the base code of the games and damage compatibility with BW. It may include more Hidden Abilities, sure, but by that I mean Pokémon that are unreleased
    I wasn't talking about NEW attacks and abilities that weren't in the previous set of games, I was talking about anything they don't normally have access to, aka "new to that Pokemon". Compatibility is isn't really an issue anyway. The abilities could be considered special because of they way they are obtained, so just like when breeding a hacked Pokemon that has an ability it shouldn't know, the offspring would have a normal one. The only issue I can think of would be evolution overwriting the special ability with an original, so they could only be given to final stagers or those who don't evolve.
    Last edited by DanteKoriyu; 16th May 2012 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteKoriyu View Post
    I wasn't talking about NEW attacks and abilities that weren't in the previous set of games, I was talking about anything they don't normally have access to, aka "new to that Pokemon". Compatibility is isn't really an issue anyway. The abilities could be considered special because of they way they are obtained, so just like when breeding a hacked Pokemon that has an ability it shouldn't know, the offspring would have a normal one. The only issue I can think of would be evolution overwriting the special ability with an original, so they could only be given to final stagers or those who don't evolve.
    So do I. Attacks, sure, that's fine. However, abilities is detrimental. Yes you can hack a Pokémon with the wrong ability, but that's easily detectable and is automatically thrown up as a hack. The PID is determined based on IVs and which Ability it has. Each Pokémon only has 3 ability slots. It cannot have any others without being classified as hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    So do I. Attacks, sure, that's fine. However, abilities is detrimental. Yes you can hack a Pokémon with the wrong ability, but that's easily detectable and is automatically thrown up as a hack. The PID is determined based on IVs and which Ability it has. Each Pokémon only has 3 ability slots. It cannot have any others without being classified as hacks.
    Blue Basculin?

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Blue Basculin?
    One exception in the programming does not mean that anything can just get a new ability, but that was a good example. I highly doubt that they would just chuck new abilities in, but I guess it would be good if you were right

Blue Basculin is weird. Technically in the data, the Blue-Striped Form Basculin has got the Reckless, Adaptibility and Mold Breaker abilities in the code, but when captured in game, despite being the Blue form, it gets its data from the Red-Striped Form Basculin.

However, I can tell you right now, they are NOT going to give Pokémon abilities they don't have coded within Black & White, especially since there are hundreds of Pokémon who have not been released with their Hidden Ability.

Can we get back on topic now

This might actually make me get a 3ds now. I kind of see this as a spiritual sequel to Snap. Any who, would the game be able to detect the type of background and use that to determine what Pokemon would live in said environment? Like, if the background is a lake we find water Pokemon or if the background is a tree we find bug Pokemon.
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

Will this be free like Pokedex 3D (original)? If it isn't I hope it's more than just a 3DS Dream World. Though getting DW pokes this way (assuming we can) looks to be much better than scooping ice cream or playing with Wailord. It provides with more reason to get a 3DS, but I want a 3DS XL!

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    Will this be free like Pokedex 3D (original)? If it isn't I hope it's more than just a 3DS Dream World. Though getting DW pokes this way (assuming we can) looks to be much better than scooping ice cream or playing with Wailord. It provides with more reason to get a 3DS, but I want a 3DS XL!
    Dream Radar costs 300 yen (around $3.75 USD) while Pokedex 3D Pro costs 1,500 yen (around $18.77 USD).

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Dream Radar costs 300 yen (around $3.75 USD) while Pokedex 3D Pro costs 1,500 yen (around $18.77 USD).
    hmm the DR price isn't too bad, though the UK will probably be once again on the short end of the money conversion stick. It should be Ł2.35, but they'll probably bump it to Ł3. Still not bad though. Ł12 for a fancy pokedex though, I don't see how that's worth it. The main draw is seeing all the pokes in 3D, but you can do that with DR

Yeah. This could simply be an alternative means to the Dream World.
    I really hope this is a way for us to obtain Pokémon from Unova with Dream World abilities. I'm still praying for that Reckless Emboar.

I'm intrigued by the concept. I wonder if this may introduce a few more new formes.

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

I.. might just get a 3DS for this. i guess. ugh, i really didn't want to shovel out the money for it, and i love my DSiXL. but i'm getting the feeling that there's going to be a lot of pokemon on it that i want, especially the Sacred Kami's, and those would probably be pretty hard to get in trades unless you're lucky enough to find a generous, cool person.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, I guess after reading this thread, now I know why GameFreak stuck with the DS for B/W 2. So many Poke fans still haven't bought a 3DS.

This looks good, but they'd better let you capture more Pokemon with hidden abilities (starter Pokemon? C'mon, Game Freak!).
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Wow, I guess after reading this thread, now I know why GameFreak stuck with the DS for B/W 2. So many Poke fans still haven't bought a 3DS.

This looks good, but they'd better let you capture more Pokemon with hidden abilities (starter Pokemon? C'mon, Game Freak!).
    Na, they stuck with the DS for compatibility reasons, not because of that since releasing it on the 3DS would massively drive 3DS sales

I wonder if due to the whole "dream" thing, that the pokémon you capture in this game are uploaded to your dream world account and caught in dreamworld. Maybe it is by direct transfer, but has this actually been confirmed yet?

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    I wonder if due to the whole "dream" thing, that the pokémon you capture in this game are uploaded to your dream world account and caught in dreamworld. Maybe it is by direct transfer, but has this actually been confirmed yet?
    Nope, hasn't been confirmed. But pretty sure it'll be direct transfer.
    I don't see any purpose of having it uploaded online, then you have to download it again.

This is how I see it: Dream Radar is a 3DS app. If you have BW2 inserted on your 3DS, the game just will access your 3DS memory and transfer the data directly to your game.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Nope, hasn't been confirmed. But pretty sure it'll be direct transfer.
    I don't see any purpose of having it uploaded online, then you have to download it again.

This is how I see it: Dream Radar is a 3DS app. If you have BW2 inserted on your 3DS, the game just will access your 3DS memory and transfer the data directly to your game.
    Seems more likely the app will access an inserted BW2 cartridge.
    But yeah, probably a direct connection regardless. Otherwise they probably would have said that it goes to the dreamworld then your game

That would just be time consuming if we had to shove it back into the Dreamworld. I mean, we could have just gotten the same pokemon from the Dreamworld if they were made available there. I agree with the direct transfer method.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Just thought it interesting how they might do it. And just because its time consuming, don't rule it out. Up until now there is still no easy way of transferring your hard earned guys from one game to another in one easy step. I really want that in the new games.

So if the direct transfer is confirmed, would this make BW2 the first DS games to be '3DS enhanced'? Obviously quite a few are already DSi enhanced.

Well I guess it is finally time to upgrade to the 3DS. My DS Lite has been handy but seems I will finally have a reason to. I really hope there aren't limiting factors to this, the idea of just going to a new place pulling out the 3DS and finding random pokemon seems like a very cool concept. I am thinking along the lines of Monster Rancher a la the CD insert function, does anyone remember what I am speaking about?

Pokémon Dream Radar looks pretty fun and I like the idea of transferring the Pokémon over to B2W2. I do wonder what others will be in the game. At least it costs very little money.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Did anyone catch the dream radar footage on smash this morning? I forgot to watch it, but I heard that it showed them catching a kami.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampharos View Post
    Did anyone catch the dream radar footage on smash this morning? I forgot to watch it, but I heard that it showed them catching a kami.
    The only footage I saw was in the corner of the screen and it was tiny, but then again I tuned in late.

I may get a 3DS for this. The concept is....interesting in itself. Maybe we'll be able to catch starters from other regions with the Dream Radar, finally us Americans can get access to starters with their DW abilities.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast