Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 667

Thread: Pokémon Dream Radar Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ISS
    Posts
    819

    Default

    This might work, if you capture Pokemon then send it to BW2 with Hidden Ability. Someone like Fennel will probably tell you about it in game similar to the Dream World

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Na it can't. That'd screw up the base code of the games and damage compatibility with BW. It may include more Hidden Abilities, sure, but by that I mean Pokémon that are unreleased
    I wasn't talking about NEW attacks and abilities that weren't in the previous set of games, I was talking about anything they don't normally have access to, aka "new to that Pokemon". Compatibility is isn't really an issue anyway. The abilities could be considered special because of they way they are obtained, so just like when breeding a hacked Pokemon that has an ability it shouldn't know, the offspring would have a normal one. The only issue I can think of would be evolution overwriting the special ability with an original, so they could only be given to final stagers or those who don't evolve.
    Last edited by DanteKoriyu; 16th May 2012 at 10:21 AM.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanteKoriyu View Post
    I wasn't talking about NEW attacks and abilities that weren't in the previous set of games, I was talking about anything they don't normally have access to, aka "new to that Pokemon". Compatibility is isn't really an issue anyway. The abilities could be considered special because of they way they are obtained, so just like when breeding a hacked Pokemon that has an ability it shouldn't know, the offspring would have a normal one. The only issue I can think of would be evolution overwriting the special ability with an original, so they could only be given to final stagers or those who don't evolve.
    So do I. Attacks, sure, that's fine. However, abilities is detrimental. Yes you can hack a Pokémon with the wrong ability, but that's easily detectable and is automatically thrown up as a hack. The PID is determined based on IVs and which Ability it has. Each Pokémon only has 3 ability slots. It cannot have any others without being classified as hacks.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    So do I. Attacks, sure, that's fine. However, abilities is detrimental. Yes you can hack a Pokémon with the wrong ability, but that's easily detectable and is automatically thrown up as a hack. The PID is determined based on IVs and which Ability it has. Each Pokémon only has 3 ability slots. It cannot have any others without being classified as hacks.
    Blue Basculin?

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Blue Basculin?
    One exception in the programming does not mean that anything can just get a new ability, but that was a good example. I highly doubt that they would just chuck new abilities in, but I guess it would be good if you were right

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,219

    Default

    Blue Basculin is weird. Technically in the data, the Blue-Striped Form Basculin has got the Reckless, Adaptibility and Mold Breaker abilities in the code, but when captured in game, despite being the Blue form, it gets its data from the Red-Striped Form Basculin.

    However, I can tell you right now, they are NOT going to give Pokémon abilities they don't have coded within Black & White, especially since there are hundreds of Pokémon who have not been released with their Hidden Ability.

    Can we get back on topic now

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    290

    Default

    This might actually make me get a 3ds now. I kind of see this as a spiritual sequel to Snap. Any who, would the game be able to detect the type of background and use that to determine what Pokemon would live in said environment? Like, if the background is a lake we find water Pokemon or if the background is a tree we find bug Pokemon.
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England - United Kingdom
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Will this be free like Pokedex 3D (original)? If it isn't I hope it's more than just a 3DS Dream World. Though getting DW pokes this way (assuming we can) looks to be much better than scooping ice cream or playing with Wailord. It provides with more reason to get a 3DS, but I want a 3DS XL!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    Will this be free like Pokedex 3D (original)? If it isn't I hope it's more than just a 3DS Dream World. Though getting DW pokes this way (assuming we can) looks to be much better than scooping ice cream or playing with Wailord. It provides with more reason to get a 3DS, but I want a 3DS XL!
    Dream Radar costs 300 yen (around $3.75 USD) while Pokedex 3D Pro costs 1,500 yen (around $18.77 USD).

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England - United Kingdom
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Dream Radar costs 300 yen (around $3.75 USD) while Pokedex 3D Pro costs 1,500 yen (around $18.77 USD).
    hmm the DR price isn't too bad, though the UK will probably be once again on the short end of the money conversion stick. It should be Ł2.35, but they'll probably bump it to Ł3. Still not bad though. Ł12 for a fancy pokedex though, I don't see how that's worth it. The main draw is seeing all the pokes in 3D, but you can do that with DR

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Giant Chasm
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Yeah. This could simply be an alternative means to the Dream World.
    I really hope this is a way for us to obtain Pokémon from Unova with Dream World abilities. I'm still praying for that Reckless Emboar.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Swadlincote, England
    Posts
    472

    Default

    I'm intrigued by the concept. I wonder if this may introduce a few more new formes.


    Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houghton, MI
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I.. might just get a 3DS for this. i guess. ugh, i really didn't want to shovel out the money for it, and i love my DSiXL. but i'm getting the feeling that there's going to be a lot of pokemon on it that i want, especially the Sacred Kami's, and those would probably be pretty hard to get in trades unless you're lucky enough to find a generous, cool person.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Wow, I guess after reading this thread, now I know why GameFreak stuck with the DS for B/W 2. So many Poke fans still haven't bought a 3DS.

    This looks good, but they'd better let you capture more Pokemon with hidden abilities (starter Pokemon? C'mon, Game Freak!).
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Wow, I guess after reading this thread, now I know why GameFreak stuck with the DS for B/W 2. So many Poke fans still haven't bought a 3DS.

    This looks good, but they'd better let you capture more Pokemon with hidden abilities (starter Pokemon? C'mon, Game Freak!).
    Na, they stuck with the DS for compatibility reasons, not because of that since releasing it on the 3DS would massively drive 3DS sales

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Swadlincote, England
    Posts
    472

    Default

    I wonder if due to the whole "dream" thing, that the pokémon you capture in this game are uploaded to your dream world account and caught in dreamworld. Maybe it is by direct transfer, but has this actually been confirmed yet?


    Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    I wonder if due to the whole "dream" thing, that the pokémon you capture in this game are uploaded to your dream world account and caught in dreamworld. Maybe it is by direct transfer, but has this actually been confirmed yet?
    Nope, hasn't been confirmed. But pretty sure it'll be direct transfer.
    I don't see any purpose of having it uploaded online, then you have to download it again.

    This is how I see it: Dream Radar is a 3DS app. If you have BW2 inserted on your 3DS, the game just will access your 3DS memory and transfer the data directly to your game.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Nope, hasn't been confirmed. But pretty sure it'll be direct transfer.
    I don't see any purpose of having it uploaded online, then you have to download it again.

    This is how I see it: Dream Radar is a 3DS app. If you have BW2 inserted on your 3DS, the game just will access your 3DS memory and transfer the data directly to your game.
    Seems more likely the app will access an inserted BW2 cartridge.
    But yeah, probably a direct connection regardless. Otherwise they probably would have said that it goes to the dreamworld then your game

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Republic City
    Posts
    2,475

    Default

    That would just be time consuming if we had to shove it back into the Dreamworld. I mean, we could have just gotten the same pokemon from the Dreamworld if they were made available there. I agree with the direct transfer method.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

    International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

    X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Swadlincote, England
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Just thought it interesting how they might do it. And just because its time consuming, don't rule it out. Up until now there is still no easy way of transferring your hard earned guys from one game to another in one easy step. I really want that in the new games.

    So if the direct transfer is confirmed, would this make BW2 the first DS games to be '3DS enhanced'? Obviously quite a few are already DSi enhanced.


    Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Well I guess it is finally time to upgrade to the 3DS. My DS Lite has been handy but seems I will finally have a reason to. I really hope there aren't limiting factors to this, the idea of just going to a new place pulling out the 3DS and finding random pokemon seems like a very cool concept. I am thinking along the lines of Monster Rancher a la the CD insert function, does anyone remember what I am speaking about?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,682

    Default

    Pokémon Dream Radar looks pretty fun and I like the idea of transferring the Pokémon over to B2W2. I do wonder what others will be in the game. At least it costs very little money.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Did anyone catch the dream radar footage on smash this morning? I forgot to watch it, but I heard that it showed them catching a kami.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Giant Chasm
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rampharos View Post
    Did anyone catch the dream radar footage on smash this morning? I forgot to watch it, but I heard that it showed them catching a kami.
    The only footage I saw was in the corner of the screen and it was tiny, but then again I tuned in late.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    I may get a 3DS for this. The concept is....interesting in itself. Maybe we'll be able to catch starters from other regions with the Dream Radar, finally us Americans can get access to starters with their DW abilities.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •