Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéStar Studios, Musicals and more - Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Default PokéStar Studios, Musicals and more - Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

So, there appear to be many side ammenities in Black 2 & White 2 which are unrelated to battles

First we have Pokéwood, the movie making part of the game where you set up movie premises and follow a script to make the best movie

We also have the return of the Pokémon Musicals in Nimbasa City. Like before, there will be some set musicals and new ones downloadable off of the Pokémon Global Link

Could there be more?

All posts, whether speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.
    World Tournament belongs in Gameplay Discussion.

I was surprised to find that both sill exist, but I suppose they don't really clash with each other. I hope that the musical gets some kind of benefit outside of itself. I'm really enjoying the pokewood's current screenshots, it seems you battle against a green screen prop, which is animated into an actual enemy later. The screen seems to be a high level in the screenshot, so I'm wondering if the point is for your team to actually have some trouble with it, to get better footage (or perhaps you can control the level depending on how epic you want the battle scenes)... I don't really mind if PokeWood grants no external benefits, but I wouldn't be surprised if it held some kind of importance. Also, I wonder if the props from musicals will have any use here? That could actually create more incentive to participate in them hahaha Thanks for the new thread, Serebii, it'll clear up the other threads somewhat

I wonder if the battles in the PokeWood studio will be like normal Pokemon battles... I don't understand the HP bars and all...

I think that when you have to fight the green screen, you have to use certain attacks at a certain time. It would make it more interesting.

So the green screen is the use of acting... and the other shots with text underneath are the outcome of the movies right?

I hope that the Meloetta Musical features some remixed/extended version of her Relic Song. I love Meloetta's Song.

Spoiler:
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Thing with the greenscreen is that we also have a shot of the bottom screen, which gives various script options

Goddammit, the Musicals are still here?

Tch. At least Pokewood will make sure I'll never bother going in there.

I'm really surprised that they've kept the Musicals in these games; I personally thought they were boring. I'm not impressed by PokeWood, though. It's a new idea and all, but it doesn't interest me that much. I wish they had brought back the Pokeathlon instead. That place was really fun; I spent hours participating in the courses there. But I'm willing to give PokeWood a chance.

I thought somewhere it said that Pokéwood was replacing the Musicals?

To be honest, I didn't and will continue to not care less about the musicals. But I gotta say, PokeWood looks pretty neat, I can't wait to try it out.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 16th May 2012 at 12:36 AM.

I don't really get the HP Bars...

Does the animation that the green screen makes up attack your character? If so, that'd make for some serious LOL's.
    X Team:

Y Team:

So we have to fight doors in the pokewood?

I don't Get it at all...I hated the Musicals

To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
    To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.
    To reach, that unreachable star!
    I have claimed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

I liked the musicals. There is nothing better than watching a Wailord in a top hat and bow tie and watching him roll around. Anyway, I hope the pokewood is more complex than the musicals. I wonder how many types of movies you can make, and what the differences between them are.

The musicals were BORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNGG, but PokéWood is looking cool so far. :]
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    I thought somewhere it said that Pokéwood was replacing the Musicals?
    Yes, it was mentioned. But I think "replace" wasn't the correct term since it is still present in Nimbasa.
    More like, "PokeWood is an alternative to the Musicals,and it's WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY better."

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

The green screen you have to battle reminds me of Missingno. *gets shot*

I am surprised they left the musicals in. Not that I care any.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    Lol. I was thinking the same actually.

Won't Gamefreak realize almost all their fans hate the Musicals, still can't wait to try Pokewood!

They will have a MissingNo. reference, I'm calling it now.

Welcome to the Pokemon World. Learn the commandments of Pokemon Equality
    1) One loves the idea of Pokemon and their existence
    2) One only looks down upon a certain Pokemon after giving them a fair look and use
    3) One does not hate a certain generation because of a few Pokemon
    4) One does not be use backwards logic to hate Pokemon
    5) One must realize every gen has its awesome designs, and terrible designs.
    6) One must love Blaziken

Blaziken 5 lyfe, because 5>4

Really excited for Pokewood and love the fact that they seem to be using the battle setup/sprites. Would make for a great multiplayer mode. But then again, this means we might be battling a bunch of green screen/mecha-tyranitar double battles against random trolls on wifi now :P
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

I think Musicals are just in the game so we can still play with Black and White and have all the decorations in the game even though the Musicals were stupid. I don't like Pokewood that much, I don't like the name, the way it is done or see the point of it, I would like to see more about it and see what we can do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    Lawl, I had the same thought too. I also wondered if it'll be possible to catch it by cheats.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Funny, I always thought that there would be some type of Hollywood type thing in Pokemon. You know, to add more to the TV than simple cheesy TV shows. Maybe we can record the movies we make and share them online. They might also play a part in the story line.
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast