Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéStar Studios, Musicals and more - Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Blazikener View Post
    They will have a MissingNo. reference, I'm calling it now.
    Uh...definitely not, dude.

Anyways, I'm wondering what type of "genres" we're getting. The first screenshot there definitely looks like a superhero, and with all the superhero movies out there right now, I wouldn't doubt a Superhero or Action genre.
    Probably comedy and western are gonna be in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I liked the musicals. There is nothing better than watching a Wailord in a top hat and bow tie and watching him roll around.
    I literally just LOL'd when i read that, kudos to you.

Anyways, i hated the Musicals too, they were entirely pointless. but Pokewood does look really neat and i'll probably get into that. still wish contests made a comeback though.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

What I never understood is why they never just kept every mini-game from prior games and just added on. Imagine if B2W2 had Pokewood AND Musicals, the Pokethlon, Super Contests and the Game Corner (which they could have EASILY just turned into a Pokemon Arcade in which you play various pokemon-themed arcade games to win the SAME tokens for the SAME prizes without having to scrap the concept as a whole. -_- But I digress). I personally like all of the pokemon mini games. It gives me something else to do besides battle all of the time and honestly, it just makes the whole game feel more realistic. Same thing with sports this generation. It would have been so cool if we could have played sports that were represented but with a pokemon twist (like Voltorb Baseball, Machoke Football or Dig Soccer with the ground types creating hazards on the fields or something). Even making a new sport like Flyball or something where you mount your flying pokemon or something and battle it out to get your ball to the other side. I don't know. I just REALLY like mini games, ahaha.

You know, they already seem to be putting some effort into making actual backgrounds. And you apparently do this pokewood thing in a similar style to a pokemon battle. But that's another discussion~

I feel that this pokewood thing is something Brycen himself put forth once the idea of expanding Unova southwestwards was becoming a reality. He was an actor, and maybe the story is that he became inspired to run his own studio. Or he is just a veteran actor who happens to take part in pokewood filming. Either way it's pretty interesting.

I wonder if the feature also allows additional props. I mean, being a studio and all, it's bound to have some props you need to wear, but maybe you could get costumes or other things from different people. Like that guy in Opelucid.

Oh, and musicals can just DIAF. It would be fantastic if they include options to perform with your moves like pokemon contests themselves. Just with costumes and no contest stats But that's a dream~
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    I feel that this pokewood thing is something Brycen himself put forth once the idea of expanding Unova southwestwards was becoming a reality. He was an actor, and maybe the story is that he became inspired to run his own studio. Or he is just a veteran actor who happens to take part in pokewood filming. Either way it's pretty interesting.
    Actually, Brycen was said to have starred in the PokeWood before, so he didn't establish it.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Actually, Brycen was said to have starred in the PokeWood before, so he didn't establish it.
    Well I guess my theory is a bust.

But I thought it was just mentioned he was an actor in his past who decided to become a trainer (then eventually a Gym Leader). The pokewood hadn't existed back then in Unova, and it exists now.

But I more or less feel his interest returned when the pokewood was built.

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
    Uh...definitely not, dude.

Anyways, I'm wondering what type of "genres" we're getting. The first screenshot there definitely looks like a superhero, and with all the superhero movies out there right now, I wouldn't doubt a Superhero or Action genre.
    Probably comedy and western are gonna be in there too.
    I guess to better guess genres we would have to understand what's been popular in Japan lately. The giant mechas and outrageous costumes remind me immediately of Super Sentai/Power Rangers and my guess is they'll probably be going more in that direction. Wouldn't mind a Pokemon version of My Big Fat Greek Wedding tho
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Pokemon Jersey Shore, calling it now hahaha XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Thing with the greenscreen is that we also have a shot of the bottom screen, which gives various script options

Can you (or anyone else) translate all the options?

Can't wait to try these movies, wonder if you can watch them afterwards

Thing with the greenscreen is that we also have a shot of the bottom screen, which gives various script options

This is just my opinion but I think this is the only place in a way the Player you're using is talking.

I gotta say, if this is gonna be good in movie mini game, they should take some gameplay lessons from this Wii game.

http://www.ign.com/games/rayman-ravi...y/wii-14250258

really. Game freak could use these inspired Ideas for this upcoming mini game. Mayb not but still a good potential to take. Not to add the rabbids but learn something from this game.

AND PEASE ALLOW US! AND WII WANT THIS TO BE SENT TO THEIR ONLINE THINGY ffor others to watch. Think of it like that swapnote script I guess.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

So happy about this ^_^ I love making movies, and now that it's combined with Pokemon, it must be epic. Because if it fails, I will hunt down the creators of this game and make them suffer haha.

I wonder if other characters will appear in Pokewood, like maybe Elesa?
    My First Journey (Yellow):

I'm more interested as to why the protagonist is paralyzed. Lawd the parodies that will come from this.

I'm guessing it's the equivalent of stage fright? Lmao.

Or why the male protagonist is suddenly female :O
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Quote Originally Posted by Italianbaptist View Post
    Or why the male protagonist is suddenly female :O
    I guess it's a pokemon

Maybe when they give you the choices the protagonist appears and when you chose an option it will switch back to the pokemon

Default Viewtiful Joe

HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!!!
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    I think Musicals are just in the game so we can still play with Black and White and have all the decorations in the game even though the Musicals were stupid. I don't like Pokewood that much, I don't like the name, the way it is done or see the point of it, I would like to see more about it and see what we can do with it
    It's always great to judge things before you actually experience them

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post

HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!!!
    I kept seeing this reference every time I saw the player in that red costume, but I couldn't remember the anime it was referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I kept seeing this reference every time I saw the player in that red costume, but I couldn't remember the anime it was referencing.
    Here's hoping Pokemon's take on movies will be as fun as Viewtiful Joe's.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by AceFlonne View Post
    I guess it's a pokemon

Maybe when they give you the choices the protagonist appears and when you chose an option it will switch back to the pokemon
    Either that or Zoroarks are actors these days xD

Even though I'm not that big of a fan for the Musicals, I'm actually kinda glad that they brought it back. That being since of the fact it would be interesting if they would add something special for Meleotta. Like you would get some sort of something if you enter a musical with Meleotta's Pirouette form. Though they would have probably had it in BW's coding for something like that which didn't relate to Relic Song.

On the flipside, The PokeWood thing has me interested about it. It also now makes me want CAPCOM to make a new Viewtiful Joe for the Wii U. Besides that, I'm actually hoping for more gym leaders to appear in this besides Brycen. Fantina would be another possibly if Maylene being in the Pokeathlon in HGSS has to say anything. Though Elesa would be one that I would really like to see since she seems fit for movies.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampharos View Post
    Either that or Zoroarks are actors these days xD
    But they have to be females.(if you get it)

Pokéwood looks really fun. Definitely looks a lot more fun than the Musicals. Eh, it is cool that they kept the Musicals though, I guess. Musicals weren't that exciting, but whatever. I do wonder if they'll include anything else.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I hardly ever used Musicals. They seemed pretty pointless to me. No purpose, no goal to build from them. Hopefully Pokewood will be much more involved and fun than the musicals.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    I hardly ever used Musicals. They seemed pretty pointless to me. No purpose, no goal to build from them. Hopefully Pokewood will be much more involved and fun than the musicals.
    What would help would be getting some sort of item that is actually useful for completing a successful shoot. Or money. Or something.

Not a bunch of random accessories so that you can watch pixels dance around in them so that you can get... more accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    What would help would be getting some sort of item that is actually useful for completing a successful shoot. Or money. Or something.
    And ribbons. I miss getting ribbons for my Pokemon.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast