Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 436

Thread: PokéStar Studios, Musicals and more - Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hiatus
    Posts
    7,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    And ribbons. I miss getting ribbons for my Pokemon.
    Yeah. There wasn't any sense of accomplishment to show for what Pokemon you used for Musicals. You could literally use any Pokemon and it wouldn't make a difference (unless the Pokemon had very few limbs, like Roggenrola).

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    And ribbons. I miss getting ribbons for my Pokemon.
    I just miss contest in general.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    You could literally use any Pokemon and it wouldn't make a difference (unless the Pokemon had very few limbs, like Roggenrola).
    One of Klink's gears is an ear, the other is a head.

    True fact is true.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    785

    Default

    I'm actually glad the musicals are coming back. They're pretty much the only place where you can make God wear a fake mustache and a frilly apron and force him to dance for your amusement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Thing with the greenscreen is that we also have a shot of the bottom screen, which gives various script options

    So, the protagonist's name is now officially Slowbro. Case closed. Also, he's really a she.
    Last edited by Treecko's Awesomeness; 24th May 2012 at 3:07 AM.
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

    Please click my dragon(s)!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    I'm one of those Pokemon geeks that has to have everything complete in the games... for example... all props for the musical : / I was actually dreading it back in my BW1 games... Oh lord bring it on again for BW2

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treecko's Awesomeness View Post
    I'm actually glad the musicals are coming back. They're pretty much the only place where you can make God wear a fake mustache and a frilly apron and force him to dance for your amusement.
    My feelings exactly.

    Thanks to pkmnfn for the awesome Team Pose!

    Click them so they don't die!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,897

    Default

    Remind me to never attend the University of Illinois at Springfield.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,912

    Default

    I hope Smash has more than a Pokewood feature next week. Something that everyone actually wants. Coro-coro beat them to the punch anyway.

        Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Republic City
    Posts
    2,475

    Default

    So the pokewood plays in a similar manner to a pokemon battle. Very interesting. At least we can do SOMETHING. I'm prepared to lose myself in this feature.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

    International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

    X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    So the pokewood plays in a similar manner to a pokemon battle. Very interesting. At least we can do SOMETHING. I'm prepared to lose myself in this feature.
    Does anyone have a link to the video of the clip that was shown after the anime episode... ?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Veldime
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Now that it's similar to a battle,I think I'm going to like this feature alot

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the video of the clip that was shown after the anime episode... ?
    http://filb.de/1800

    It really looks interesting, I'm going to give it a try.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    http://filb.de/1800

    It really looks interesting, I'm going to give it a try.
    Agreed can't wait!


  14. #64
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    So I'm thinking that we're technically the pokmon in the battles. In the clip shown of the Protag in a battle the gender was shown female and I remember someone saying the translated name was Slowbro. Coincidence? Especially since a slowbro was shown to have been used in Pokewood. This cold actually squash all the rumors about possibilities of other starters being available. It also makes sense because hiw cold you possibly explain a Mecha-Tyranitar running around Tachiwaki City? We probably use the green screen for the battle and then later the pokemon are just put in. Adding to my theory in a video shown the characters in the movie were transformed from human into a pawniard and something else.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    So I'm thinking that we're technically the pokmon in the battles. In the clip shown of the Protag in a battle the gender was shown female and I remember someone saying the translated name was Slowbro. Coincidence? Especially since a slowbro was shown to have been used in Pokewood. This cold actually squash all the rumors about possibilities of other starters being available. It also makes sense because hiw cold you possibly explain a Mecha-Tyranitar running around Tachiwaki City? We probably use the green screen for the battle and then later the pokemon are just put in. Adding to my theory in a video shown the characters in the movie were transformed from human into a pawniard and something else.
    Eh?

    In the recent PokeWood Trailer, the female PC (in her costume) threw a Pokeball, then the scene was cut and immediately shifted to a Slowbro. From that we can deduce that she obviously sent Slowbro out. Not her becoming a Slowbro.

    Also, in the other PokeWood (7-sec) trailer, Homika's Dad and Brycen are obviously in a middle of a battle. This is a movie, not an ordinary trainer battle. There will be dialogues in between. The scene has to shift from battle to dialogue, then to battle, then dialogue again. They don't transform into Pokemon.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Eh?

    In the recent PokeWood Trailer, the female PC (in her costume) threw a Pokeball, then the scene was cut and immediately shifted to a Slowbro. From that we can deduce that she obviously sent Slowbro out. Not her becoming a Slowbro.

    Also, in the other PokeWood (7-sec) trailer, Homika's Dad and Brycen are obviously in a middle of a battle. This is a movie, not an ordinary trainer battle. There will be dialogues in between. The scene has to shift from battle to dialogue, then to battle, then dialogue again. They don't transform into Pokemon.
    I actually found that bit quite weird... I wonder why they cut that particular bit...

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,324

    Default

    Pokewood is very similar to battling. Moves are available here.

    It seems you have to choose a scenario, for whatever reason.

    Brycen looks stupid as Hachikuman. Stupid, but evil.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    Awesome Pokewood trailer! So many cool things, you get to watch the movie afterwards, you battle Brycen (obvious), but it was a lot of fun! Really surprised me!

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Smash just aired!! :]]

    PokeWood building looks like a classic theatre place, with a retro-style 1-2-3 count down before the film records in Black & White - No pun intended
    And there was credits at the end of the Movie you create!
    Looks awesome overall, really pleased with what i've seen so far!
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    Smash just aired!! :]]

    PokeWood building looks like a classic theatre place, with a retro-style 1-2-3 count down before the film records in Black & White - No pun intended
    And there was credits at the end of the Movie you create!
    Looks awesome overall, really pleased with what i've seen so far!
    Don't forget the applause at the end

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    And ribbons. I miss getting ribbons for my Pokemon.
    Right on. Ribbons tell so much of a Pokemon. Its like a story for them.

    To be on topic, the Pokewood looks interesting, I guess.


    Not asking just hoping for this to be an avatar,

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,324

    Default

    I don't believe we've seen the girl in Pokewood yet.

    Either way, she looks nice.


  23. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    I don't believe we've seen the girl in Pokewood yet.

    Either way, she looks nice.

    Uh...I think that's the female protagonist.
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charizarddude View Post
    Uh...I think that's the female protagonist.
    Right
    That's who he was talking about

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Saw the footage of Pokewood, it looks interesting, nothing all that big though, although I would love to be able to use Pokemon I wont be able to use(Pokemon that require trading to evolve).

    I don't think there will be much in the reward department here, looks like you just get points, still seems interesting.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •