Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéStar Studios, Musicals and more - Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    One movie that I had to retry a lot of times is the one where you need to finish it off with Astonish...
    I almost wanted to throw my 3DS out of annoyance every time the whole shoot ends without KOing the opponent.... Darn Ingrain.
    You only need to KO it with Astonish. You can still use other moves to lower it's health, then use Astonish to finish it off. That's what I did.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Quote Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
    You only need to KO it with Astonish. You can still use other moves to lower it's health, then use Astonish to finish it off. That's what I did.
    That's easy enough to see. Astonish simply doesn't do anywhere near enough damage to knock it out in however many scenes

The problem is that Ingrain (And to an extent Amnesia) completely screw getting just enough damage to knock out with Astonish

I know.
    But sometimes, even when I use the other moves, it lands a critical hit and KOs the Pokemon (this applies in other movies), which is also annoying.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Does using the same Pokemon to film multiple movies produce progressively higher earnings? I noticed that the audience's reaction to seeing my Serperior being send out got a bit louder after a while.

Makes me wonder whether it's based on how many individual movies they've starred in or how many movies they've been in period.

So in a wonderful act of mercy, if that stupid Green Door is knocked out by Toxic the film still counts as a success so long as Astonish was used that turn

Finally got to move on

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon trainer mystery View Post
    Hey so can anyone explain how to make your pokemon a star within pokestar studios/ i understand theres certain movies which allow alternate endings however i'm at a loss with which movies allow this and how to unlock the alternate endings.
    I find the easiest way to get the star (if you just want the Star on something like your team's Ace Pokemon like I did) is to do Brycenman strikes back, and beat him in under 5 scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Either that, or just make the statue you get look like an Oscar.
    That would be cool. You could also use trophies to unlock new roles in movies kind of like gaining popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I find the easiest way to get the star (if you just want the Star on something like your team's Ace Pokemon like I did) is to do Brycenman strikes back, and beat him in under 5 scenes.
    Or you can just do Brycenman and not attack on your first turn, which is even simpler.

Guys, any tips for Everlasting Memories 4...? I have no idea which moves to use in which cut.
    Last edited by Komaeda; 17th October 2012 at 4:14 PM.

So I thought of something regarding the Pokéstar entry animation and went there a minute ago to check. Turns out that I seemed to find something that I couldn't find listed anywhere else.

You can remove the Pokéstar entry animation from a Pokémon by getting a bad ending with that Pokémon.

Did anyone else know this?

So are you ever able to buy a picture of yourself?
    I'll put something here...eventually

I'm curious as to how much the movies differ if you're playing as a girl instead of a boy.

Some of them like the Giant Woman and Love and Battles series seem like they'd have to have some pretty big changes to them.

I would imagine. Otherwise the movies would just get plain creepy...And the strange endings are as they say (aliens!).

Luckily, I've been having good luck in making good endings for the movies...

...Except stupid Mystery Doors 3 is keeping me back now.

Anyone know what the maximum box office earnings for each movie is?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Anyone know what the maximum box office earnings for each movie is?
    I don't know if it's fixed if you get a strange ending, but these are the earnings for the ones I've gotten a strange ending on so far (I did six to get the entry animation for each of my party members):

Brycen-Man: 252.8 Billion
    Full Metal Cop: 365.2 Billion
    Invaders: 338.8 Billion
    Invaders 3: 999.9 Billion
    Timegate Traveler 2: 721.6 Billion
    The Giant Woman 2: 792.0 Billion

By the way, did anyone else notice that if you check the stack of books next to the computer in the dressing room, you get a list of movie script titles, all of which are Poképarodies of titles in literature, lore or film?
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

The amount of money you earn from making a movie seems to vary based on whether or not the Pokemon in it are stars, as well how many times you've done the movie in total, as I got 280 billion from
    the strange ending on the Brycen-Man movie with my Serperior who's a star and it increased to 330 billion when I shot it again using my Vaporeon who wasn't a star.

I think I like Pokestar Studios more than the Pokeathlon.

And I really loved the Pokeathlon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The amount of money you earn from making a movie seems to vary based on whether or not the Pokemon in it are stars, as well how many times you've done the movie in total, as I got 280 billion from
    the strange ending on the Brycen-Man movie with my Serperior who's a star and it increased to 330 billion when I shot it again using my Vaporeon who wasn't a star.
    Really? My Serperior wasn't a star and I earned 237 billion. Maybe it also depends on your rank as well.

EDIT: Just earned 999.9 billion with my Volcarona on Invaders 3, that was actually quite easy...

EDIT2:
    I'm curious as to how much the movies differ if you're playing as a girl instead of a boy.

Some of them like the Giant Woman and Love and Battles series seem like they'd have to have some pretty big changes to them.
    I looked some info and it said that for the female character in love and battles, the ace trainer is a male, while for giant woman, instead of it being your girlfriend, for females, it's your sister.
    Last edited by Recon; 20th October 2012 at 4:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I know.
    But sometimes, even when I use the other moves, it lands a critical hit and KOs the Pokemon (this applies in other movies), which is also annoying.
    Ah, I see.

I've only had bad luck regarding movies. (Moves missing on the last scene.) At that point I act like a diva, and walk off the set. xD
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Ah, I see.

I've only had bad luck regarding movies. (Moves missing on the last scene.) At that point I act like a diva, and walk off the set. xD
    You know it's possible to restart the movie from the beginning of the set, right?

Wow, Love and Battles 3 with the rental Hypno is so luck-based mission it's not even funny.

I do like the reactions when you're a big star and your movie fails, though. Some of them are rather funny.

Was it really that luck based?

The only luck I noticed was whether or not Focus Blast hits.

Was it really that luck based?
    You didn't get Attracted the first turn? It's Attract luck + Focus Blast luck. And you need two Focus Blast hits to win after Psyching Up the Nasty Plots, soooo...
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 21st October 2012 at 1:00 AM.

I swear I only used Focus Blast once that battle. I think it was two Psychics and one Focus Blast at +4 or something, but I don't remember exactly how the movie goes. I didn't get Attracted, either.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast