Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: PokéStar Studios, Musicals and more - Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

you get Big Monster, Love and Battles, and Ghost Eraser by entering the Hall of Fame. you get Brycen-Man Strikes Back by entering the Hall of Fame with a Happy ending in the previous title

Does every movie have a strange ending? I'm working on trying that, and didn't want to keep trying on one that was impossible.

Also, can a strange ending happen just from dialogue choice? That is, you do what's necessary for the 'good' ending, but pick different lines. Can you get a strange ending doing that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The key to winning there is your choice of lines.

You need to pick "You're wild!" to keep it from using Slack Off.
    Oh, I didn't realize that- I was picking 'You're unique'. I figured he'd get mad. I was somehow able to beat him before that point. That came after loosing a number of times though.
    You can also refilm the same movie multiple times if you want to get more income from it and/or more items from your fans.
    Oh. So you could keep making the first Brycen-Man with the Rental pokemon, and it would eventually have 999.9 Billlion $P on the board? That kind of sucks- I thought the number on the board was the max amount earned on 1 movie.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Ok, I'm pretty much doing pokestar studios only because I need visitors for my join avenue...does this mean that I have to watch every single movie that I make? Or can I just make them and not watch them?
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    Ok, I'm pretty much doing pokestar studios only because I need visitors for my join avenue...does this mean that I have to watch every single movie that I make? Or can I just make them and not watch them?
    Hmm...well, I think you have to watch them. I don't think it registers the gross unless you watch it, so I'd assume fans work the same. Although I didn't realize it got people to your Avenue.

Edit: actually, I realized last night that a gross was listed for the movie I just made before I watched it. However, it didn't register that I'd achieved the strange ending until after I watched it. So, unforntunately, I don't know about your question.
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 15th November 2012 at 10:03 PM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

^^ hello i can get Mystery Doors of the Magical Land 2 done i don't get why all the other are nice but that door keep healing itself how did you guys did?

Edit : i have done it lol ^^ 3 more stories and i am doooone with it. Then i can start with my own pokémon ^^
    Last edited by Seryu; 22nd November 2012 at 10:32 PM.
    White 2 : 1163 7692 6224

Missing DW :

Hidden grotto missing :

Special DW i have

Although the game says to KO it with Astonish, you actually just need to use Astonish on the turn it gets KO'd on, meaning you can just use Toxic, then keep using Astonish until the poison does it in.

Really then what did i get the bad ending? Or peraps i finish it before they ask me to finish.
    White 2 : 1163 7692 6224

Missing DW :

Hidden grotto missing :

Special DW i have

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    One question in which movie appears Sabrina?
    Someone's probably already answered this because I didn't bother to check, but Sabrina makes appearances in the Mystery Doors of the Magical Land series.

When are you able to use your own pokemon instead of rental?
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Just finish the movie once.

Can someone assist me with the Pokestar Studios where you have to defeat a Golurk with a Slaking? I cant seem to defeat it.
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Can you achieve a strange ending with the rental pokemon?
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperQueen View Post
    Can someone assist me with the Pokestar Studios where you have to defeat a Golurk with a Slaking? I cant seem to defeat it.
    That sounds like a Ghost Eraser movie... ok, yeah, that's Ghost Eraser 3. Use these lines:

1st choice: Begone from the statue!
    2nd: I'll mourn your passing
    3rd: Love!
    4th: Slaking!

Use Shadow Claw every time you attack, and it should be down in scene 5 (although it'll use double team once in scene 4- if your scene 5 attack misses just try again).

You can get a strange ending with the rental Pokemon in most movies.

There are some where it's outright impossible without your own Pokemon, though.

Yeah, it's possible to get strange endings with the rentals. I did that for Brycen-Man Strikes Back Harder and a quite few others. Anyway, I have just one strange ending left to do for the medal and then I'm done with the Pokestar Studios.

To get 10 followers in musicals, do you just keep doing performances? Or is it based only on top performances?
    You can get a strange ending with the rental Pokemon in most movies.

There are some where it's outright impossible without your own Pokemon, though.
    Hmm...I expected they programed it to be impossible to achieve a strange ending without your own pokemon. I've used my party pokemon for all of them so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    Anyway, I have just one strange ending left to do for the medal...
    Me too, the final Brycen-Man movie. I haven't figured out the right ending yet (don't tell me), but now that I know I can get the ending with the rental'mon, I'll try some things and see what happens. Although I'm going to SR and do it with a party pokemon eventually.
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 12th December 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    To get 10 followers in musicals, do you just keep doing performances? Or is it based only on top performances?
    As far as we know for now, yes.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Does it do any good to re-make the movies with your own pokémon after you completed them all with rental pokémon?

You can get more money by making movies using your own Pokemon, which will get you better items from your fans.

It's also frequently required that you use your own Pokemon in order to get the strange endings for the movies, due to the rentals either not having the right moves and/or not being strong enough.

One of the only things that I don't really like about PokéStar movie creation is that the moves that the Pokémon of the person you're acting with are used randomly. For example, in one of the movies, if the foe uses Ingrain as its first move, you literally can't proceed with the good ending and have to restart; an unlucky critical hit may accidentally kill your rental Pokémon, etc.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

^ Yeah, that is so annoying. I had to restart a ton of movies due to this happening on so many occasions.

Anyway, I have finally finished the last strange ending I needed for the medal. Thanks to Milotic, my leading lady, who helped me get most of them. Now, I'm ready to take on the musicals. So far, I have 6 wins to my name. And God, this is already proving to be so tedious, but I'm going to have to do it if I want those medals.

^ Yeah, that is so annoying. I had to restart a ton of movies due to this happening on so many occasions.

Anyway, I have finally finished the last strange ending I needed for the medal. Thanks to Milotic, my leading lady, who helped me get most of them. Now, I'm ready to take on the musicals. So far, I have 6 wins to my name. And God, this is already proving to be so tedious, but I'm going to have to do it if I want those medals.
    I'm about to give up on the one where you control a Vanillish and have to kill the foe using Astonish. Ingrain is really annoying me.

Anybody know an easy way to complete it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I'm about to give up on the one where you control a Vanillish and have to kill the foe using Astonish. Ingrain is really annoying me.

There is no easy way because it is by far the worst movie to do, but Toxic is the key here. You still have to worry about Refresh, but so long as you use Astonish on the turn Toxic finishes it off it still counts as the Good Ending.

I also suggest weakening it with Icy Wind since with enough speed drops you can try relying on Astonish's flinch rate to stop him from Refreshing or Ingraining

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    There is no easy way because it is by far the worst movie to do, but Toxic is the key here. You still have to worry about Refresh, but so long as you use Astonish on the turn Toxic finishes it off it still counts as the Good Ending.

I also suggest weakening it with Icy Wind since with enough speed drops you can try relying on Astonish's flinch rate to stop him from Refreshing or Ingraining
    Oh wow, I didn't know about Toxic and Astonish. Thanks! (:

And I didn't know it had Refresh. I could've sworn it had Lucky Chant, Ingrain, and two other moves, but I didn't remember correctly that Refresh was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post

Oh yes, I remember that one very well. That was probably the most difficult one for me too. This is how I did it: I used Toxic on the first turn, then Icy Wind to get it to red health and, finally, I just kept spamming Astonish until it did the job. I believe if the foe faints from Toxic on the exact same turn you used Astonish, it still gives you the good ending.

Oh yes, I remember that one very well. That was probably the most difficult one for me too. This is how I did it: I used Toxic on the first turn, then Icy Wind to get it to red health and, finally, I just kept spamming Astonish until it did the job. I believe if the foe faints from Toxic on the exact same turn you used Astonish, it still gives you the good ending.
    Yeah, that "You must defeat your foe using Astonish" thing is pretty misleading.

Anyway, I tried it, and it worked! Thanks to you two! (:

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast