Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pokemon BW/2 Trailer Leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    That's how this trailer is to me, though, especially reading Serebii.net's summary of what happens in it. I think it looks cool (with its animation- the electric guitar music makes it seem epic/hip/cool/etc., but like I said (well, you quoted me saying it too), I don't have this "world's better than the anime" kind of feel.
    I am not like everybody who says scrap the current anime and replace it with the new one because the problem with the anime is not that it can't be good it just doesn't try to be anything else than what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfly2005 View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know who did Bianca/Bel's voice? I know I've heard her before, but I can't for the life of me remember what anime it was...
    Bel is voiced by Ayana Taketatsu.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Did anyone notice in the trailer how all the pokemon never said their names like in the anime? It was just roars, hisses, growls, etc. I guess that in the games pokemon doesn't say their names but just makes animal sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Bel is voiced by Ayana Taketatsu.
    I knew it! Azusa in K-On! Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecallado View Post
    Did anyone notice in the trailer how all the pokemon never said their names like in the anime? It was just roars, hisses, growls, etc. I guess that in the games pokemon doesn't say their names but just makes animal sounds.
    It's in Japanese, almost all Pokemon have different names in Japanese (like Samurott is Daikenki. That's the only one I remember).

I watched it without subtitles, and without sound. Pretty nice, all told.

But this is probably my favorite thing to come out of this entire trailer. I still want N to vanish forever though.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

With team plasma coming back, I wonder if any of the seven sages will also return, or if there will seven new ones.

I have just seen the trailer recently, and I am like. WOW

This thing here is better than the anime. Better than Ash's story probably.

Click them

Quote Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
    I have just seen the trailer recently, and I am like. WOW

This thing here is better than the anime. Better than Ash's story probably.
    You are not alone in this regards because many other fans feel the same including myself. I already voiced my opinions on all this so I won't say much more.

...If the anime looked anything like that, I wouldn't mind getting up early to watch it. But it's not...

So N returns. The Shadow Triad are most certainly NOT the Striaton brothers (white hair and Bisharp). Elesa's flashier than ever.

Didn't expect the Rival to be your friend again. He doesn't look all that nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    ...If the anime looked anything like that, I wouldn't mind getting up early to watch it. But it's not...

So N returns. The Shadow Triad are most certainly NOT the Striaton brothers (white hair and Bisharp). Elesa's flashier than ever.

Didn't expect the Rival to be your friend again. He doesn't look all that nice.
    He is actually on the borderline between antagonistic and friendly then anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecallado View Post
    It's supposed to go along with the different feel from the current anime. Plus, it is meant to advertise the games more than the anime, so it would make sense that the Pokemon would make more animal-like sounds similar to the games.

I do like much of the animation in this trailer, but all the movement of the characters (and also all the camera movement) wouldn't be the case if this was a TV series. The flashy Elesa scene's just one example. I'd actually prefer if Magneton didn't move as much as it did.
    I myself love the camera motion, because they made it feel like you're watching an anime that is much less stiff than the current anime's camera style. The movement from Magneton works for me, mostly because they made it feel like a living being and not just some background character. Plus, if it were made out of magnets, I'd imagine that it would make some kind of movement rather than just floating. It's really cool how detailed they went with this trailer.

I would love to see an anime based off of this concept, but I wouldn't want the main character to own two Fire-types like this one. Ash and his many Bug and Grass-types is enough for me, tyvm.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

if the anime looked anything like this we would likely not have the anime

It would more epic if Homika and Shizui appeared in the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    It's supposed to go along with the different feel from the current anime. Plus, it is meant to advertise the games more than the anime, so it would make sense that the Pokemon would make more animal-like sounds similar to the games.

I myself love the camera motion, because they made it feel like you're watching an anime that is much less stiff than the current anime's camera style. The movement from Magneton works for me, mostly because they made it feel like a living being and not just some background character. Plus, if it were made out of magnets, I'd imagine that it would make some kind of movement rather than just floating. It's really cool how detailed they went with this trailer.

I would love to see an anime based off of this concept, but I wouldn't want the main character to own two Fire-types like this one. Ash and his many Bug and Grass-types is enough for me, tyvm.
    I know everything just more alive and vibrant in this trailer. Also if the anime at least aspire to more like the games they are based on then I will be happy but the anime is never ever quite able to capture to feel of the games something various Pokemon mangas have already done in addition to putting their own spin on the whole thing.

He is actually on the borderline between antagonistic and friendly then anything really.
    Like an anti-hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohitsdylan View Post
    Like an anti-hero?
    Maybe but that's what I got from the trailer. He seems to be on your side but he seems to be one to easily lured to the dark side.

I was apprehensive about the new games, but this changed my mind

Maybe but that's what I got from the trailer. He seems to be on your side but he seems to be one to easily lured to the dark side.
    Ghetsis is still alive isn't he?
    I could see him re-establishing team plasma and brainwashing/persuading the rival to be the organizations new "N"....
    These new games are definitely going to go Star Wars episode III. ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by watericedragon View Post
    Wow! The trailer has really good graphics and is pretty interesting. I don't think they have done something like this for a game before. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    They've released shorts for Kid Icarus if it counts for anything.

I just noticed something, Miyazaki's film are also targeted towards children but his movie have such complex themes and characters. In addition they both have plot and character development. So why can't the anime or at least the movie be like this?
    Pokemon's stories from any of its mediums will never be as good as Miyazaki's. It just won't be done.

I know everything just more alive and vibrant in this trailer. Also if the anime at least aspire to more like the games they are based on then I will be happy but the anime is never ever quite able to capture to feel of the games something various Pokemon mangas have already done in addition to putting their own spin on the whole thing.
    You've stated it yourself: many of the Pokemon manga out their own spin on things. The anime, on the other hand, actually follows the story of the games for the most part sans the filler episodes. If you want to blame the anime for having a bad plot, point your finger to the games as well since their plot is just as bad for the most part.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by watericedragon View Post
    Wow! The trailer has really good graphics and is pretty interesting. I don't think they have done something like this for a game before. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I was sort of dissapointed that they didn't show the BW2 female protagonist. :/
    Yeah, it would have been more epic if she was in it.

At least the attractive Cheren scene made up for it.

You've stated it yourself: many of the Pokemon manga out their own spin on things. The anime, on the other hand, actually follows the story of the games for the most part sans the filler episodes. If you want to blame the anime for having a bad plot, point your finger to the games as well since their plot is just as bad for the most part.
    It does follow it pretty loosely though, has a lot in the way of filler and there's nothing stopping them from putting their own spin really, even to a slightly bigger extent, but as they said they choose to have the anime as it is, and don't plan on changing it. (Or so an earlier poster said).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I wish the anime itself was of such good quality. The Bianca expy looks just like her only dorky. Elesa has gotten even more fanservicey.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    It does follow it pretty loosely though, has a lot in the way of filler and there's nothing stopping them from putting their own spin really, even to a slightly bigger extent, but as they said they choose to have the anime as it is, and don't plan on changing it. (Or so an earlier poster said).
    It has all of the game's most important events in there and the filler is only there to pad it up until the next game arrives (though I agree that they could've done better with the filler since it is just filler). It may or may not have been better if they put their own spin on it but because they follow the game's plot rather closely (apparently not case for Best Wishes?) it really says something about the games almost as much as it says about the show.

The trailer's been released officially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwhnt4ytE3k

Production was by OLM just like the regular anime it seems. Nice to know.

edit: In hindsight, it's funny how people were suggesting that the company already animating the show should be the ones animating the show.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 17th May 2012 at 6:26 PM.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast