Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pokemon BW/2 Trailer Leaked

That Zangoose at 2:58 must have a lot of self-control.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Wow. Good trailer. I haven't seen the new anime lately, but I hope this becomes the style the show takes for BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    4:30 of one-time trailer animation versus 22:00+ of weekly television animation. There's a considerable difference.
    True. R&D should come up with an engine that can render that on a cheap and weekly basis.

It doesn't work that way, Ulicies.

Quote Originally Posted by Souhaku View Post
    It doesn't work that way, Ulicies.
    What I do know is that animation styles evolve over time. 40ish years ago, Disney's hand-drawn animation was the only way to go, but now times have changed. I'm anticipating the day the current anime style changes as well.

Pokemon will probably never be animated the way that is shown in this trailer.

That Ice Beam probably cost more to animate than the all of the moves in a average episode of Pokemon combined.
    Last edited by Jb; 17th May 2012 at 7:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

That Ice Beam probably cost more to animate than the all of the moves in a average episode Pokemon combined.
    Unfortunately, your right.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

That Ice Beam probably cost more to animate than the all of the moves in a average episode Pokemon combined.
    Just randomly, Ice Beam is my favorite move to watch how the animation evolves over each installment. My favorite Ice Beam animation is Ruby's.

You are right though. The animation looked like movie quality. Hopefully the inevitable movie can have a similar storyline, instead of more Ash trash. >_>

My boyfriend showed me this last night and it was frekain awesome It's basicaly what pokemon should have been after the first seasoned ended at least. I really hope this mean they will finally be giving pokemon the grown-up it so needed several years ago. Though I'm not holding my breath, I probably have better odds of finding a perfect diamond the size of a car tire sitting in the middle of a highway, than this ever happening....

Yeah, the promotional video was great but as others have said this is a four minutes while the anime on average is twenty episodes so it make sense that they could distribute the budget accordingly not to mention the with the anime they have to make so many episodes.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

I'm sure it's within affordability for Nintendo to make an anime that looks like that. Lots of anime have production values that good. now, whether or not they see a NEED to make it is another story entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Yeah, the promotional video was great but as others have said this is a four minutes while the anime on average is twenty episodes so it make sense that they could distribute the budget accordingly not to mention the with the anime they have to make so many episodes.
    I don't even need the exact animation to translate over. What I really want to stick with the future of the show is the tone the trailer set. It was a lot more serious, and cooler overall than my experience with the other Pokeshow seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    I don't even need the exact animation to translate over. What I really want to stick with the future of the show is the tone the trailer set. It was a lot more serious, and cooler overall than my experience with the other Pokeshow seasons.
    It was just a trailer. A well made trailer can make anything look exciting since it's nothing more than picking scenes to excite the viewer.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    It was just a trailer. A well made trailer can make anything look exciting since it's nothing more than picking scenes to excite the viewer.
    No. The trailer held a different tone than what I've seen in the normal Pokemon show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubersketchy View Post
    I'm sure it's within affordability for Nintendo to make an anime that looks like that. Lots of anime have production values that good. now, whether or not they see a NEED to make it is another story entirely.
    You should note that the anime has over seven hundred episodes and counting. Even the anime with the greatest of animation usuallly range from twelve to twenty six episodes or less this goes for western animation as well but to lesser extent. They animation will never be this good because they simply can't and don't want to afford it.

I would like for the anime have the same feel and look as the trailer but the anime staff seem content with what they have and show no desire to change and why would they they can still make tons of money regardless.

No. The trailer held a different tone than what I've seen in the normal Pokemon show.
    Did you read what I wrote? Picking scenes can make anything seem more or less serious than it actually is.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Do they need to make a Pokémon anime with that sort of quality? No, not really.

Would I watch the **** out of it if they did make it? Hell yeah!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

You should note that the anime has over seven hundred episodes and counting. Even the anime with the greatest of animation usuallly range from twelve to twenty six episodes or less this goes for western animation as well but to lesser extent. They animation will never be this good because they simply can't and don't want to afford it.
    That's what I meant. There's nothing STOPPING them from doing a 12-20 episode miniseries or something. But they don't have to, and why potentially split your audience? That being said, it'd be fantastic if they did.

That's what I meant. There's nothing STOPPING them from doing a 12-20 episode miniseries or something. But they don't have to, and why potentially split your audience? That being said, it'd be fantastic if they did.
    I wound too but it is not really splitting the audience since the trailer is targeted towards the same demographic as those who watch the anime and play the games. I may seemed that why since they trying to emulate the tone of the games which the anime fails to capture expect for in my opninoin the some the first season episodes many of which were involved the late Shudo Takeshi.

To the people saying that they can't make the anime with the same quality animation as the trailer because of the numbers of episodes, that's not true at all.

Plenty of anime has done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Did you read what I wrote? Picking scenes can make anything seem more or less serious than it actually is.
    That's not true. You don't just take the most intense scene from 21 Jump Street and pass it off as a horror movie. It has a totally different, abstract feeling to the cinematic direction than the normal show's episodes that I've seen.

To the people saying that they can't make the anime with the same quality animation as the trailer because of the numbers of episodes, that's not true at all.

Plenty of anime has done so.
    Consistent quality maybe but anime that they do have a large quantity of episodes usually can keep up with such top-notch quality each and every episode. Furthermore, even if what you say is good to honest truth even then some episodes have at least dip in terms of animation. Also how long are the series you had in mind?

Hmm, so, the male protagonist had his Lucario attack the Shadow Triad Member. Haven't seen that since Colosseum... That Lucario wouldn't happen to be a Shadow Pokemon, would it?

Speaking of, I think N may know what a Shadow Pokemon might be. It'd be a good thing for Ghetsis to show him why humans shouldn't be allowed Pokemon, no?
    Last edited by rridgway; 18th May 2012 at 5:12 AM.

Consistent quality maybe but anime that they do have a large quantity of episodes usually can keep up with such top-notch quality each and every episode. Furthermore, even if what you say is good to honest truth even then some episodes have at least dip in terms of animation.
    This is true, no matter how good the studio is, some episodes are aren't going to be the same top quality as the rest.

Also how long are the series you had in mind?
    Well I could say anything made by Kyoto Animation since they put out anime episodes with similar animation styles year round. But for popularity sake, I'll just say Dragon ball and Dragon Ball Z. A combined 444 episodes, which maintained the top quality animation of the time for a decade.

Well I could say anything made by Kyoto Animation since they put out anime episodes with similar animation styles year round. But for popularity sake, I'll just say Dragon ball and Dragon Ball Z. A combined 444 episodes, which maintained the top quality animation of the time for a decade.
    I can't say anything against Kyoto Animation but Dragonball was okay for the time it was airing but by no means the best. It still fell prey to limited animation even budget cuts which lead to one episode looking better than the next episode and this was with the budget increase between Dragonball and Dragonball Z. I can say one thing about Dragonball though it remained at least somewhat consistent.
    Last edited by Izanagi; 18th May 2012 at 5:21 AM.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast