Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pokemon BW/2 Trailer Leaked

Now this is how Pokemon should had done a couple years ago.

Not asking just hoping for this to be an avatar,

So I'm guessing these ninja with their poison types are the new Team for this game. At least their suits arn't as rediculus as Team Plasma.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Seen it; couldn't believe it.

I'm SO getting this the day it comes out.
    Whether you're a battler or a trader never forget to help those in need; you may need it yourself one day! Spread the good karma and may you be ever favourable in victory!

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2266-9731
    IGN: Steven

Credit to LunGhost; thanks a lot! =)

I will hope that the new series of best wishes will be like the promotional vid.But i dont think it will happen cuse they did give screenshots of best wishes 2 so it will not happen they did started and they can't throw it away and make new episodes

My hopes: this series: 26 or 12 episodes minimum= big success= changing the crappy anime for the game/manga animes
    then they go to gen 1 and base an anime on it the gen 2 gen 3 gen 4 original black and white if every season is 26 episodes it will last like 4 years if it will be done right it will be one of the most epic animes.. but it need some batles some good gym battles not ash ash sucks at batling.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    That's not true. You don't just take the most intense scene from 21 Jump Street and pass it off as a horror movie. It has a totally different, abstract feeling to the cinematic direction than the normal show's episodes that I've seen.
    When did I mention anything about it feeling like a different genre? I said a well made trailer can make anything look more or less intense. That is not the same thing as making feel like a different genre.

Why did I post in GPD again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    To the people saying that they can't make the anime with the same quality animation as the trailer because of the numbers of episodes, that's not true at all.

Plenty of anime has done so.
    Clearly, you misunderstand. Specific shows have specific budgets based on how well the creators believe they can earn their money back from said show. The more episodes a show has the bigger the budget has to be to keep up a consistent, "good quality," that it's supposed to have. Pokemon, clearly, does not make much money back outside of the movies where they make their money from anyway. As you can see, it's true and you're wrong. They can't invest more money into the series because the series clearly isn't getting enough money to justify it. If they could've have, they would've.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Clearly, you misunderstand. Specific shows have specific budgets based on how well the creators believe they can earn their money back from said show. The more episodes a show has the bigger the budget has to be to keep up a consistent, "good quality," that it's supposed to have. Pokemon, clearly, does not make much money back outside of the movies where they make their money from anyway. As you can see, it's true and you're wrong. They can't invest more money into the series because the series clearly isn't getting enough money to justify it. If they could've have, they would've.
    I highly doubt that the animators could be assed to constantly add high quality animation to something such as Pokemon, an anime more stale than fruitcake. Regardless of how much money they make. I don't think its the budget, I think it more of a 'what's the point?' Kids will watch no matter what the show looks like, no point in putting forth extra effort for someone outside the target demographic.

I'm sure the anime is making plenty of money, though if someone has budget information that would be nice.

If that was made into an anime, it'd have the same things the current one does. Fillers, characters of the day (it's traveling through a region, of course there will be different characters), comic relief etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    So I'm guessing these ninja with their poison types are the new Team for this game. At least their suits arn't as rediculus as Team Plasma.
    They are Team Plasma.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    If that was made into an anime, it'd have the same things the current one does. Fillers, characters of the day (it's traveling through a region, of course there will be different characters), comic relief etc.
    How do you know this? Who says it has to?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    How do you know this? Who says it has to?
    It's just common sense. Nearly every anime has episodes which arn't relevant or necessery. So be it the Pokemon Anime has a lot more than any other anime, but either way it would definetly be likely that a filler here and their would appear even in this kind of anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It's just common sense. Nearly every anime has episodes which arn't relevant or necessery. So be it the Pokemon Anime has a lot more than any other anime, but either way it would definetly be likely that a filler here and their would appear even in this kind of anime.
    Still, fillers are not required. It's quite easy to include at least one consequential event in each episode.

I was addressing the latter two factors more than the first one, really. Again, an anime does not have to include those three.

If it was based on a characters travel through a region, it would have to have new characters wherever they go else it'd be bloody boring

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Still, fillers are not required. It's quite easy to include at least one consequential event in each episode.

I was addressing the latter two factors more than the first one, really. Again, an anime does not have to include those three.
    Im not saying Fillers are not required, your right they're not but it's quite clear they would probably appear in any anime let alone a new Pokemon one. About COTD's, Serebii's comment here explains why they are needed:

If it was based on a characters travel through a region, it would have to have new characters wherever they go else it'd be bloody boring
    - and i'd like to add that not only would it be boring, but it also wouldn't be realistic, think on a daily basis how many new people you meet/come across. It's only natural that the characters of an anime meet a person for one day only. Your not guaranteed to meet the same people again.

Comic relief isn't always necessery, but down to my own personal opinion it makes the show more entertaining, serious anime's can still retain comedy and keep things interesting and good still. Fullmetal Alchemist (if you've seen it) was a very serious anime about death and fighting etc. but comedy was always thrown here and their about all sorts of things, it kept things refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Im not saying Fillers are not required, your right they're not but it's quite clear they would probably appear in any anime let alone a new Pokemon one. About COTD's, Serebii's comment here explains why they are needed:

- and i'd like to add that not only would it be boring, but it also wouldn't be realistic, think on a daily basis how many new people you meet/come across. It's only natural that the characters of an anime meet a person for one day only. Your not guaranteed to meet the same people again.

Comic relief isn't always necessery, but down to my own personal opinion it makes the show more entertaining, serious anime's can still retain comedy and keep things interesting and good still. Fullmetal Alchemist (if you've seen it) was a very serious anime about death and fighting etc. but comedy was always thrown here and their about all sorts of things, it kept things refreshing.
    They don't have to show what happen to the main character every day.
    If focusing a lot on the team plasma plot, they could finish a region with ~60-70 episodes and not have a lot of fillers.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 18th May 2012 at 6:55 PM.

I just find stating what an anime (that does not exist nor likely will exist) must have ridiculous. It could feature all three of those elements, but it's also possible for it not to feature any.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    They don't have to show what happen to the main character every day.
    If focusing a lot on the team plasma plot, they could finish a region with ~60-70 episodes and not have a lot of fillers.
    It'd be a boring show if it didn't.

Besides, most of the complaints people have had regarding the anime seem to be from those who seldom watch it. The last 20 episodes of the anime, there have been 3 episodes that could be classed as a filler (though some could be filler if not for a couple of things). Animation has been top notch (check out Icirrus City's windmills). It's generally been good this series

Besides, most of the complaints people have had regarding the anime seem to be from those who seldom watch it. The last 20 episodes of the anime, there have been 3 episodes that could be classed as a filler (though some could be filler if not for a couple of things). Animation has been top notch (check out Icirrus City's windmills). It's generally been good this series
    Most of the 'complaints' come from people who are beyond the target age group of the anime series, whereas the 4 minute advert portrays characters with more mature and complex personality in their manner of speech and action, on par with shounen anime. That's the amazing and amusing part of this trailer to me, and some of my friends who actually fell for the trick when I told them it's the new Pokemon anime.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

I agree with this completely, but being a longtime viewer of the show I feel my opinion should be stated.

The show unlike other animes isn't to focus on the plot, but ultimately to adveritse and market the franchise itself, the anime is always classed as the second best thing and always has to follow by the rules to the franchise such as switching around episodes, changing the plot, making sure to debut the Pokemon, prolonging the Series until a new generation has been made etc.. I think the biggest point of all is that the anime as it is right now always revamps to some extent each saga to reintroduce things to the newer child audiences (most notably Pikachu's powerdown, Ash's knowledge, (insert name)'s character stating the physics of Pokemon), the anime has never stuck to one audience, especially because it's lasted 15 years, it's always aimed for new audiences each time around, which is why the writers seem to care less about how badly portrayed some things are for the older audieces. From my hindsight, it seems fairly clear the anime has never truly been an anime that focuses purely on itself, it's always had these things holding it back and worked solely for the franchise.

Shows such as Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note etc..have all been written to create one big overall storyline. The Pokemon anime definetly has a storyline, but it has to follow and keep up with the events of the real life games and other promotions, it's always changing. The most recent example being that B2/W2 has introduced a new Tournament feature, which the most current Series of Pokemon, Best Wishes is departing from now switching from the B/W story arc, and focusing on this new B2/W2 tournament.

My point as stated before is that the show always has to switch around and follow these events, which to me seems like it never gets to take full advantage of it's story.

This all being said, comparing the newest Series of the Pokemon anime to a lot of the previous Series, Best Wishes has definetly stepped up a notch big time and has made a bunch of new things. It's actually made a lot of relevant character reappear more frequent and doesn't have half the amount of fillers other Series had. Nearly every episode does indeed have a plot relevant event point (albeit a lot of them are small with things such as TR talking for 10 seconds). Either way, the anime right now is trying to seperate itself and make itself better than the others for a lot of different reasons that some could compare to the usual animes of today.

I highly doubt that the animators could be assed to constantly add high quality animation to something such as Pokemon, an anime more stale than fruitcake.
    And why exactly are they not willing to do it? If they could make more money by increasing the animation quality then they would do it.

Regardless of how much money they make. I don't think its the budget, I think it more of a 'what's the point?' Kids will watch no matter what the show looks like, no point in putting forth extra effort for someone outside the target demographic.
    What you're describing is essentially what makes up the budget. You're basically saying "Why increase the budget if the kids won't care thus making us waste money for no reason?" They would essentially be losing money if they made the 50-ish episodes a year show with better animation and gain no extra cash from it.

To sum up, OLM releases about fifty episodes a year every year. Estimating the amount of profit they can make, they set a certain budget on the series that will allow them to reach that amount. If they were to increase the budget, they need to see a reason as to why they should do so but they don't. As a result, they keep the budget lower and don't bother increasing it.

And why exactly are they not willing to do it? If they could make more money by increasing the animation quality then they would do it.
    I'm not exactly sure on that, but I think it's safe to say it's not because of the number of episodes.

What you're describing is essentially what makes up the budget. You're basically saying "Why increase the budget if the kids won't care thus making us waste money for no reason?" They would essentially be losing money if they made the 50-ish episodes a year show with better animation and gain no extra cash from it.
    Perhaps. But the fact that they release 50-ish episodes a year still isn't the reason they don't it. They could release one episode a month with high quality animation and still not make anymore of a profit than a episode with the current animation.

If increasing the animation won't gain a profit then fine. But that has nothing to do with the numbers of episodes they release.

When did I mention anything about it feeling like a different genre? I said a well made trailer can make anything look more or less intense. That is not the same thing as making feel like a different genre.
    Of course a trailer can make use of smart editing, but to me, seeing the tone of the first 5 seconds was the difference between Ghost in the Shell and Dragonball Z. The tone of the trailer was more serious than what I've seen from past Pokemon shows. I prefer the tone of the trailer.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I don't have an impressive collection to offer, but I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

I'm not exactly sure on that, but I think its safe to say it's not because they don't have the money.
    Of course. Having a small budget isn't the same thing as having a small amount of money.

They could release one episode a month with high quality animation and still not make anymore of a profit than a episode with the current animation.
    They would most likely be losing money with the hypothetical you presented.

If increasing the animation won't gain a profit then fine. But that has nothing to do with the numbers of episodes they release.
    The number of episodes, along with some other factors such as audience demand, dictate the budget.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Of course a trailer can make use of smart editing, but to me, seeing the tone of the first 5 seconds was the difference between Ghost in the Shell and Dragonball Z. The tone of the trailer was more serious than what I've seen from past Pokemon shows. I prefer the tone of the trailer.
    So you agreed with what initially said.

Preferring the tone of a trailer is fine. Assuming that the show will have the same tone as the trailer isn't always the best judgment to make. For an example of this, just look at Pokemon's trailers for its movies where there are elements missing from the trailers.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 18th May 2012 at 11:04 PM.

The protagonist's starter pokemon was an Emboar, and he also had an Arcanine.

Two fire types SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua?! View Post
    The protagonist's starter pokemon was an Emboar, and he also had an Arcanine.

Two fire types SMH
    He also had a Samurott, as far as I'm concerned.

So you agreed with what initially said.

Preferring the tone of a trailer is fine. Assuming that the show will have the same tone as the trailer isn't always the best judgment to make. For an example of this, just look at Pokemon's trailers for its movies where there are elements missing from the trailers.
    And I do agree with that; a lot of trailers omit the lighter moments of the series. Ghost in the Shell, for example, never showed much of the jokes portrayed mostly by the robot AI. But even while the robots had their cute moments and light-hearted quips, the show maintained the tone of the trailers, which was mature and serious.

In other words, lighter moments played their roles within a more serious setting, which is different than having an overal lighter setting. I'm not saying the new anime needs to be 100% serious, but that I wish the show would have all of their light-hearted moments within a more serious setting.

Which, of course, is mostly improbable for a show geared toward a forever-young audience.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I don't have an impressive collection to offer, but I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast