Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: New Pokemon BW/2 Trailer Leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    The dialogue is...very bad, IMO. People never talk like that in real life. If I ever met people like that, I would probably think they're really socially awkward or something.

"however, ... I DISAGREEEEEEE" - Colress

"Hey heads up. I'M ABOUT TO UNLEASH MY RAGELOL" - Hugh

"We. Will. Accomplish. Our. Goals. NO MATTER WHAT THE COST!!!!" - Shadow Triad member

EDIT: This is coming from someone who doesn't watch anime, so excuse my opinion if all anime is like this
    If you're talking about the inflection and junk, that's fairly standard I think. Especially for evil hams. (I don't think it's quite as bad as you make it out but that's always going to be subjective)

If you're talking about the actual dialog wellllll Pokemon has never had stellar dialog and I'm pretty sure most of what's said in the trailer is from the games.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    If you're talking about the inflection and junk, that's fairly standard I think. Especially for evil hams. (I don't think it's quite as bad as you make it out but that's always going to be subjective)

If you're talking about the actual dialog wellllll Pokemon has never had stellar dialog and I'm pretty sure most of what's said in the trailer is from the games.
    I was talking about both. But I do understand that the dialogue is limited to the original source material, and that things that sounds normal in Japanese doesn't always sound quite normal when translated to English.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Hugh...ewww. It's either his dialouge or his voice that's bugging me, maybe both, but it's just sooo bothersome. Kyouhei doesn't sound bad though, can't wait to find out his English name.

I don't like how mild the Pokemon sounded in the dubbed trailer. The voice actors made a good performance, although Hugh's dialogue could've been better. "Hey, heads up. I'M GOING TO UNLEASH MY RAGE."

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    I don't like how mild the Pokemon sounded in the dubbed trailer. The voice actors made a good performance, although Hugh's dialogue could've been better. "Hey, heads up. I'M GOING TO UNLEASH MY RAGE."
    I think the idea is that he's a dork that's trying to sound tough
    WOn't know for sure until I play the game, but that's just the impression I've gotten from various other things.

Some of the dialogue bugged me in spots but I got over it for the most part. As for the voices the only voice that really upset me was Cheren's since I always heard him as sounding a bit feminine, but that's just me basing the character's ideal voices off my own friends. Hugh's also bothered me slightly but I didn't have the time to develop my own voice for him to care too much.

This may sound a bit odd but the thing that actually bugged me the most was the "Not actual game play" placed in the beggining. Japan didn't get that thing put on there, and I honestly doubt even gullible children would assume that is actual game play. At least I wouldn't have believed that as a kid (and I was very gullible) because Pokemon games don't look like that. It just bugged me that it was even placed there since it seemed TOO obvious, especially with "animated trailer" in the video name. This may just be me though so I don't expect anyone else to be irritated by it as well. :\

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Only voices that matched well were Cheren, Bianca, Mei, the male Hero(Don't know his name), and The female Plasma Grunt...As for the rest....

I mean what were they thinking for Hugh, Elesa and N's voices!? Hugh sounded like a grown man lol, Elesa sounded too young and her voice was not sultry enough. and N did not sound mysteriously happy/traumatized.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 9th August 2012 at 3:18 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Hugh's dub voice really bugs me. It doesn't sounds right.

I honestly didn't expect a dub. I cheered when I saw it on the front page.

N's voice is a good match for what I thought. Hugh's voice is awful. He sounds like a middle-aged man. I'm kind of surprised that Bianca and Elesa didn't have their anime VA's do their roles, but it worked. Bianca's voice is much better. Elesa's isn't, but I still want her to have a British accent. Cheren sounded fine, but I imagine him to be more feminine. Black's was fine and I really liked Mei's. Corless and Team Plasma were good too. I even have to give credit to the Pokemon. It sounds better when they aren't shrieking their names clearly. It's subtle.

Want as anime pls.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Okay, the thread had turn from "I want this to a new anime" to "OMG, Their sucks! Subs FTW! and to I prefer neither. Also I stand by my claim in that J. Micheal Tatum is THE Colress. I don't mind the other voices and they are not as bad as everyone claims them to be. Sure the villains were a bit hammy but I don't know maybe it is because I like ham.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

i honestly preferred the original. i thought most of the voices and voice acting were pretty bad in the sub. in the japan one, the voice acting was good and in the dub, they just seemed to be reading the lines.
    Last edited by Kai*; 11th August 2012 at 4:31 AM.

What I said before still applies. The voices aren't that bad in the dub. It just that we all heard the sub first and we just used to them more. I would say more but more after the break.

"Hey heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage"

The meme potential this line will soon unleash onto the fandom.

Oh well, my only issue was N's voice. Seemed off. Mostly because I think he's really supposed to sound younger or something. :1
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

I though the trailer was pretty good. I liked all of the voices of the characters, especially N's. He sounded so hot. lol

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

I was absolutely nuts for the Pokemon anime up until they got to Hoenn. I tried to keep up with it, but dropped out after a few episodes. But THIS? If this were made into a full-fledged anime, I'd probably never leave my room again.
    Black Friend Code: 2881 - 5643 - 6585

4Kids obviously doesn't know how a teenage male is supposed to sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

^4kids doesn't do the dubbing anymore. In fact, 4kids is a dying company. PUSA (Pokemon Company) does all the voices and have been for the past 6 or more years. Also a teenage male can young or very deep it all depends.

Quote Originally Posted by ImMichael View Post
    I was absolutely nuts for the Pokemon anime up until they got to Hoenn. I tried to keep up with it, but dropped out after a few episodes. But THIS? If this were made into a full-fledged anime, I'd probably never leave my room again.
    Really? in my opinion Hoenn was the best of the series but after that well....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    4Kids obviously doesn't know how a teenage male is supposed to sound.
    4kids hasn't handled the dub in years

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    4kids hasn't handled the dub in years
    Fine then, whoever it was that dubbed this (PUSA?).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Does anyone else think Cornelia's voice from Code Geass(if anyone knows that show) would be a perfect fit for Elesa?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Fine then, whoever it was that dubbed this (PUSA?).
    Yes, it was certainly PUSA. Also doesn't anyone here think that Troy Baker would a near perfect voice for Ghetsis?

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Yes, it was certainly PUSA. Also doesn't anyone here think that Troy Baker would a near perfect voice for Ghetsis?
    Technically the company is now The Pokemon Company International

Quote Originally Posted by Kai* View Post
    i honestly preferred the original.
    Virtually everything is better in its original audio, you shouldn't be surprised.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I like it, I'm not bothered by the dub at all, since I don't even understand Japanese in the first place. So I could never appreciate the original.

Also I loved Bianca's voice for some reason, too cute.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast