Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pokemon BW/2 Trailer Leaked

Quote Originally Posted by TophatMiguel View Post
    That promo was art, pure wonderful fantastic awesome art.
    Yeah, I know right contrary to what some people have been saying on this forum. This is what the Pokemon anime could be but unfortunately isn't.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Unfortunately the anime will most likely never be of the same caliber as this promo.

After seeing this and knowing what the anime could be, I can't help but feel that the past years have just been wasted potential. Having any protagonist other than Ash is great on its own, but upping the maturity, making all the characters look so cool, and making everything feel so engaging just makes me want more.

Hopefully this promo gets a great reaction and more such shorts are commissioned in the future, at the very least.

~Psychic

Pokéthon was a huge success! Check out our Facebook page for photos from the event!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    After seeing this and knowing what the anime could be, I can't help but feel that the past years have just been wasted potential. Having any protagonist other than Ash is great on its own, but upping the maturity, making all the characters look so cool, and making everything feel so engaging just makes me want more.

Hopefully this promo gets a great reaction and more such shorts are commissioned in the future, at the very least.

~Psychic
    I always grow up with the anime but I can't help but feel that it could be so much more. As I have said in other forums, just because a show main target audience is children and ir is just a thirty minute promotion for the games doesn't mean that it can't have overarching plot and actual character development. Kids aren't stupid and want substance. I mean isn't that what they read in books. It is doubtful that anything is going to change because they know that what they are doing is making money so why stop. Hopefully, they do more stuff like this is the foreseeable future.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    I always grow up with the anime but I can't help but feel that it could be so much more. As I have said in other forums, just because a show main target audience is children and ir is just a thirty minute promotion for the games doesn't mean that it can't have overarching plot and actual character development. Kids aren't stupid and want substance. I mean isn't that what they read in books. It is doubtful that anything is going to change because they know that what they are doing is making money so why stop. Hopefully, they do more stuff like this is the foreseeable future.
    Same here, but then I saw, for instance, Legend of Thunder, and didn't understand why it had to stop there. You're right - just because your target audience is young doesn't mean you should skimp out on characters. Kenta and Marina were a lot of fun to watch, even if only for a few episodes, especially because they had real backgrounds, personalities and personal histories which were also interesting.

Also, to be honest, young adult books aren't known for being...very good, to put it simply, at least by serious readers/writers (which, again, is completely silly considering that this audience doesn't need things to be dumbed down). Anyhow, Masamitsu Hidaka admitted in an interview that they never intend for Ash to change or grow up, and the only reason his female companion changes is for "eye candy." Peachy.

Definitely hoping for more, though. Until then, I will just keep rewatching the trailer. ;;

~Psychic

Pokéthon was a huge success! Check out our Facebook page for photos from the event!

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Well, the subtitles will obviously be provided by the fans who will take time out their day to translate what is said in the pv.
    Or two fans who stayed up late.

Actually, I've got the subtitled video on my PC, and here: http://vimeo.com/42262861 (or will be soon ish)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

That was awesome! And was that the Shadow Triad on the ice with the Bisharp?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    That was awesome! And was that the Shadow Triad on the ice with the Bisharp?
    Yes it was. With some bone thing.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Omg, I am absolultley astonished. I cannot say anything right now. It was too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Omg, I am absolultley astonished. I cannot say anything right now. It was too awesome.
    This is how I feel right now. It looks soo epic.

I watch the anime occasionally, but after seeing this, I kinda don't want to anymore. It just feels like, if this was the anime, it would've been so much better than what we have right now. I loved every second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Wolf View Post
    I watch the anime occasionally, but after seeing this, I kinda don't want to anymore. It just feels like, if this was the anime, it would've been so much better than what we have right now. I loved every second of it.
    That's true, I wish the anime was like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Whoever animated that trailer had better take over the anime. That was awesome.
    Just from how the background is designed and the characters' eyes, you can tell it's from OLM. They just used a higher budget than they do with regular episodes.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Just from how the background is designed and the characters' eyes, you can tell it's from OLM. They just used a higher budget than they do with regular episodes.
    What? Omg... I want this kind of anime more than the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by ★Midnight★ View Post
    What? Omg... I want this kind of anime more than the other one.
    I'm just speculating. It's pretty consistent with OLM's work for the movies sans the eyes for the protagonist but they've always drawn them pretty close to the official artwork anyway. Hopefully they'll mention who it's by whenever this is officially released.

I'm actually a huge fan of this new trailer - it's something that hasn't been done before, and it got me excited about the game without showing any actual gameplay, which is something that doesn't usually happen. Usually I find that the most successful/convincing trailers actually contain gameplay or use non-game footage (e.g. live action, traditional animation, etc.).

It's nice to see that the Pokémon games are still becoming more story-driven and taking themselves seriously. It's a good direction for the series to go in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Unfortunately the anime will most likely never be of the same caliber as this promo.
    It would be if you took an entire saga, condensed it into 4 minutes and only showed action shots, just like this

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It would be if you took an entire saga, condensed it into 4 minutes and only showed action shots, just like this
    The anime's animation is not nearly as brilliant as this. It's extremely stiff and conformed. So, no, it wouldn't appear as enticing as this. Besides, there weren't merely action scenes here.

Everything looked superb here (even Black Kyurem and White Kyurem), aside from the male player character. It's a shame he has such a terrible design; he looks so out of place while presented with the other characters and Pokémon in BW2.

Elesa's redesign is amazing. It happens to remind me of this. *Coughs* Nice remix of the Plasma theme, too.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 16th May 2012 at 3:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    The anime's animation is not nearly as brilliant as this. It's extremely stiff and conformed. So, no, it wouldn't appear as enticing as this. Besides, there weren't merely action scenes here.
    A saga's worth of animation budget condensed into a four minute clip would look more amazing than this.

The problem isn't just with the graphics; it's about the same quality with the recent Pokemon movies which are well above 4 minutes. The problem is how they're still sticking to the same formula for the anime. Ash, Pikachu and a few new side characters, traveling around to gather badges, meeting new Pokemon systematically every episode while getting trolled by Team Rocket. This promo presents the possibility of how the Pokemon franchise can produce an anime with a more mature theme.

Most animes can tell a good story within 24-26 episodes anyway.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    The problem isn't just with the graphics; it's about the same quality with the recent Pokemon movies which are well above 4 minutes. The problem is how they're still sticking to the same formula for the anime. Ash, Pikachu and a few new side characters, traveling around to gather badges, meeting new Pokemon systematically every episode while getting trolled by Team Rocket. This promo presents the possibility of how the Pokemon franchise can produce an anime with a more mature theme.

Most animes can tell a good story within 24-26 episodes anyway.
    You clearly haven't been following the anime lately. TR has only appeared in 3 episodes this year. As for the same formula, it's how the games work. The anime advertises the games. As such, the anime has the gym badges with evil team stuff between. Just like in the games

You clearly haven't been following the anime lately. TR has only appeared in 3 episodes this year. As for the same formula, it's how the games work. The anime advertises the games. As such, the anime has the gym badges with evil team stuff between. Just like in the games
    So that's why I don't know the Unova Team Rocket Motto.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    So that's why I don't know the Unova Team Rocket Motto.
    Yeah! I still know the old one, but I can't even guess the new one!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I'm aware of the reduced frequency, as well as how they're more serious nowadays instead of "blasting off again!". I'm not sure how whether I know these or not matters though. All I know is that we're presented with a promo that is of higher animation quality and actually more in line with the game content, instead of the forever 10 year old protagonist who bears some resemblance to the first generation game, and I believe the feedback here has been mostly positive. The show we already have can continue to do its advertising job, but I'm always open to another brand new series running concurrently that focuses more on a good story arc, and doesn't have the burden of advertising Pokemon systematically.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Hmm, quick question; I couldn't really tell after watching a couple of times, but did the Pokemon at any point say their name or did they just make realistic animal noises?

Anyway, while I'm under no delusions that this is anything other than promotional material, it would be pretty sweet to see similar movies as cutscenes in the games them selves.
    Once the series moves to 3DS I reckon it'll have the capacity to do so, and a lot of short shots would be great, like when you enter a new area for the first time, or before you face a gym leader, or upon meeting a legendary Pokemon.
    I'd prefer them to be without voices, especially for the player, though that does limit what the cutscenes could be used for. And I guess Day/Night, who you're playing as, what Pokemon you have with you, etc. could cause trouble, but...

What do you guys think?

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast