Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus Sacred Beast Forme

Hybrid View

Default Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus Sacred Beast Forme

In case you don't know, these are the new forms in BW2. I can see Landorus usage increasing since now he can OHKO Gliscor from full HP with HP Ice. Thundurus with increased SpAtk.. oh god for Ubers. Tornadus I can't really see a use, since he's SR weak and a limited support movepool.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Landorus and Thunderus get an epic boost, but Tornadus' new form is utterly useless. What good will it do with better defenses? Tank? Wall stuff? Lolno.
    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I can see Landorus usage increasing since now he can OHKO Gliscor from full HP with HP Ice.
    You're assuming its Attack will go up, but its Special Attack will stay the same. Knowing Nintendo/Gamefreak, some stat will drop, we just don't know which one(s).

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Well, you also have to factor in: He get's Bulk Up, has a sizeable attack as it is, and flying is a toss-up defensive typing. Resisted fighting, bug, grass, and immune to ground. While being weak to BoltBeam & Rock. Also, you're saying Tornadus won't be able to be a wall because of it's typing. Togekiss. It's a monstrous wall. If it was ice that'd be different. At any rate, I think Tornadus will be good.

Move tutors may give him a better support set.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

I wouldn't be judging things yet. Some have said these could end up with their Hidden Abilities(Defiant and Sheer Force). Plus there will need to be a stat drop for some of their stats.

Landorus- SPAtk drop
    Thundurus- Speed drop
    Tornadus- Attacking stats drop

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I wouldn't be judging things yet. Some have said these could end up with their Hidden Abilities(Defiant and Sheer Force). Plus there will need to be a stat drop for some of their stats.

Landorus- SPAtk drop
    Thundurus- Speed drop
    Tornadus- Attacking stats drop
    I agree with the first one but its more likely that Thundurus well lose a lot of it's atk and Tornadus well likely lose a bit of it's atk and s.atk but it might lose a lot of speed instead.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    I agree with the first one but its more likely that Thundurus well lose a lot of it's atk and Tornadus well likely lose a bit of it's atk and s.atk but it might lose a lot of speed instead.
    Tornadus is supposed to have a focus on Def, SpD, and speed, so it's not likely that its speed will drop. Seeing as how Pokemon tend to keep the same HP stat from form to form, any stat drops it may undergo would most likely be from its offensive stats. Now, for Landorus and Thundurus, there's no telling whether they will just have a decrease of the offensive stat they don't focus on, their defenses, or both. Heck, for all we know, thy may not have any stat decreases at all.

Do we have any info regarding their stat changes or are we simply assuming???

If Landorus Beast Forme gets increased attack and has the same or better speed, then he might be going to ubers.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    If Landorus Beast Forme gets increased attack and has the same or better speed, then he might be going to ubers.
    ^This. It already has great att and speed, iif it gets higher it would be too broken.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    ^This. It already has great att and speed, iif it gets higher it would be too broken.
    Unless it's defenses fell down to Tornadus's current range. Than it'd be frail enough to stay OU. Which, is a possibility.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    How do you know his speed with increase or stay the same? We still don't have the raw base stats. All we know is what's going to be increased, but no information as to what's going to be decreased.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

If Tornadus keeps prankster and get good defenses and roost (can be useful to stall stone edges) subroost can be good

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I think Tornadus will be pretty good. Imagine they suck out some Attack and Special Attack.

Say both offensive stats are lower to 100. Maybe 10 will be placed in Speed (+10 speed seems gamefreak-realistic) and 20 in both defenses.

That leaves us with a 79/100/90/100/90/121 Pokemon. That's about as tough as Gyarados with about as much offense as Infernape. Oh, and a ton of speed. While I don't know if Specs will work as well Tornadus could be pretty scary running a mixed Life Orb or Bulk Up set. Also we don't know about move tutors, ability or general movepool changes either. Shaymin Sky form wouldn't be nearly as horrific if Air Slash / Earth Power / Serene Grace weren't suddenly added. Maybe Tornadus will get Quiver Dance or Dragon Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I think Tornadus will be pretty good. Imagine they suck out some Attack and Special Attack.

Say both offensive stats are lower to 95. Maybe 10 will be placed in Speed (+10 speed seems gamefreak-realistic) and 20 in both defenses.

That leaves us with a 79/100/90/100/100/121 Pokemon. That's about as tough as Gyarados with about as much offense as Infernape. Oh, and a ton of speed. While I don't know if Specs will work as well Tornadus could be pretty scary running a mixed Life Orb or Bulk Up set. Also we don't know about move tutors, ability or general movepool changes either. Shaymin Sky form wouldn't be nearly as horrific if Air Slash / Earth Power / Serene Grace weren't suddenly added. Maybe Tornadus will get Quiver Dance or Dragon Dance.
    It would be the ideal Bulky Offense pokemon if it did. But, even if it doesn't, it might be one of the few flying type walls that can reliably enough counter Terrakion, which will give it use over... Sigilyph, which it probably outclassed anyway.

Your stats aren't realistic though. They'll give it 500000000000000000000000000000 Speed, which it doesn't need because of prankstar, +1 in each defence and made each attack stat negative. Sounds more gamefreak like.

Say both offensive stats are lower to 100. Maybe 10 will be placed in Speed (+10 speed seems gamefreak-realistic) and 20 in both defenses.

That leaves us with a 79/100/90/100/90/121 Pokemon.
    Well, I was close. Only 10 base SA off.

I think the new form is a VAST improvement off the old Tornadus. 121 speed is awesome, beating Starmie and Scarf Tyranitar. Regenerator + decent good defenses will let it stick around and it will still be an offensive power with STAB Hurricane + better movepool. Though Heat Wave is useless on Rain sets a Bulk Up Acrobatics set can now burn through Skarmory and outrun Scarf Tyranitar to Hammer Arm / Brick Break / Superpower it to death.

Thundurus-T still has a ton of speed but now MORE Special Attack. It can now OHKO Blissey with +2 Focus Blast after Stealth Rocks.

Landorus-T is now slower, has worse Special Attack and without Sand Force actually has less Attack. There's probably some viable intimidate set but it seems like a worse Landorus.

Well, I was close. Only 10 base SA off.

I think the new form is a VAST improvement off the old Tornadus. 121 speed is awesome, beating Starmie and Scarf Tyranitar. Regenerator + decent good defenses will let it stick around and it will still be an offensive power with STAB Hurricane + better movepool. Though Heat Wave is useless on Rain sets a Bulk Up Acrobatics set can now burn through Skarmory and outrun Scarf Tyranitar to Hammer Arm / Brick Break / Superpower it to death.

Thundurus-T still has a ton of speed but now MORE Special Attack. It can now OHKO Blissey with +2 Focus Blast after Stealth Rocks.

Landorus-T is now slower, has worse Special Attack and without Sand Force actually has less Attack. There's probably some viable intimidate set but it seems like a worse Landorus.
    I'm just going to give my take from a VGC doubles standard.

Access to Intimidate automatically raises some eyebrows, but the drop in Sp. Atk limits his ability to run Scarf sets effectively.

Volt Absorb gives Thundurus something to work with against T-Wavers and Zapdos, so that gives him more viability. The lack of Fire moves not named Hidden Power on Thundurus is still a letdown, but so long as his speed is above Base 100, I have few complaints.

Unless Tornadus gets something REALLY good from the Move Tutors, he's not going to last too long.

We still don't know what they learn from the Move Tutors yet, so it's still up in the air.

Ok, forget the competitive aspect for 1 sec

What the **** are these. Are these Legendary beast spinoffs? I mean, Kyruem formes are already ugly as ****, then they go ahead and do this. What. The. ****.

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollFreak View Post

What the **** are these. Are these Legendary beast spinoffs? I mean, Kyruem formes are already ugly as ****, then they go ahead and do this. What. The. ****.
    Tell me about it Landorous's new forme looks like a ragged Raikou!
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by TrollFreak View Post

I'll post with some competitive input at some point, but I have to comment on these.

They're not that bad, the only one which I dislike is Thundurus. Tornadus looks pretty cool, it's just different which is probably why most people don't like it. I actually thing it's a very regal, powerful-looking thing. Landorus' new forme, although it looks like a puppy at first glance, is actually really cool. As BH said, it's a Manticore. A goddamn Manticore! I've always wanted a Manticore Pokemon!
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

I think that Tornadus looks like a roc bird, Thundurus an Eastern dragon of some kind, and, agreeing with BH, Landorus a Manticore. I was thinking at first Landorus looked like a Chinese guardian lion, but a manticore does fit it better. I like these formes a whole lot better than Keshin formes IMO.
    "The choice is yours. Only you can go where your heart desires."

Landorus form looks like decreased Speed to me.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Idk, Landorus's form is one of my favorites. Its a Manticore! Come on.. a lion-scorpion.

Tornadus is ok looking. Sort of like a weird quetzalcoatl-style thing.

I have no idea what Thundurus is supposed to be. Looks awful.

No, they all look like ***, sorry BH

I chase the dream, not the competition.

The new Landorus form is awesome, I like the design and if it has great stas it'll be amazing (:
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Well at least each of them have now an unique form and not copy pasta like before.

And thunderus will have different stats than tornadus..

if thunderus don't have prankster in that form will it be a OU form?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast