Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus Sacred Beast Forme

I wonder if the item is an attachment item or just a item like for shaymin (I hope it is the latter)
    They got really nice abilities:
    Tornadus- Regenerator- one of the best abilities on offensive and defensive pokemons a like.
    Thunderus- Volt Absorb- immunity to a type you don't resist is always great
    Landorus-Intimidate- Intimidate is an awesome ability for set up I don't remmember if it gets swords dance but if it does then it is a really good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Volt absorb Thundurus makes it a better Zapdos with higher special attack

Lando does get swords dance.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I think that Tornadus looks like a roc bird, Thundurus an Eastern dragon of some kind, and, agreeing with BH, Landorus a Manticore. I was thinking at first Landorus looked like a Chinese guardian lion, but a manticore does fit it better. I like these formes a whole lot better than Keshin formes IMO.
    "The choice is yours. Only you can go where your heart desires."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I wonder if the item is an attachment item or just a item like for shaymin (I hope it is the latter)
    They got really nice abilities:
    Tornadus- Regenerator- one of the best abilities on offensive and defensive pokemons a like.
    Thunderus- Volt Absorb- immunity to a type you don't resist is always great
    Landorus-Intimidate- Intimidate is an awesome ability for set up I don't remmember if it gets swords dance but if it does then it is a really good one.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Thunderus was banned because of his capabilities to use Prankster Twave and cripple anyone who can counter him, as well as giving him a turn to set up. His new ability will do the opposite of that; he'll for sure stay in OU, but will be more easily defeated by Scarfers. Also, he's going to out-class Jolteon in every way and just push the little cat-thing down to UU/BL. He already out-classed Zapdos as a sweeper, and Zapdos doesn't even have Volt Absorb yet.
    As for Landorus, Intimidate does make him bulkier, but part of what made him so successful was his ability, Sand Force, making his STAB move intensely powerful and his Edgequake coverage really hard to match. Intimidate makes him worse, if anything, because Gyarados and Salamence both have Intimidate, are bulkier (at least in Gyarados' case), and have a much better move-pool. Yes, they don't get STAB Earthquake, but they have access to other moves that gives them really good coverage.
    Tornadus is the only one who will get a sort of boost. Regenerator, along with the announced bulk increase, allow for him to be a wall or have some support role. This is radically different from the current use of Tornadus, who is purely a special rain sweeper. His typing isn't great, but Regenerator kind of cancels out his weakness to SR.
    Of course, it also depends on move-tutors, other DW pokemon that will be released, and the release of the final three legendaries and Keldeo's new form.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Tornadus+Regenrator=Awesome. I'm getting black 2, so that means I'm getting Tornadus with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Tornadus+Regenrator=Awesome. I'm getting black 2, so that means I'm getting Tornadus with it.
    From what i can tell, you can only get these special abilities from the dream radar. not just catching them in-game. also, in-game i imagine they'll still just be in their incarnate form. yeah there's the mirror to change their form, but i think they'll still keep prankster when you change their form with that method.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Thunderus will be even better on Rain teams. It's new ability will allow it to be able to take random Thunderbolts aimed at all of the water types and 1. Heal SR damage 2. come in for free and start firing off STAB Thunders.

Also, Landorus's Intimidate allows it to get in a SD a lot easierly and may even allow him to get in 2. While the Sand Force will be missed, I will be happy to use him as a U-Turner with Intimidate.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    From what i can tell, you can only get these special abilities from the dream radar. not just catching them in-game. also, in-game i imagine they'll still just be in their incarnate form. yeah there's the mirror to change their form, but i think they'll still keep prankster when you change their form with that method.
    I think he means the new Tornadus form with Regenerator is going to be awesome, seeing as it's apparently going to have improved bulk. That would make it a very good pokemon in competitve battling, as bulky pokemon with regenerator are some of the best pokemon in their tiers (look as Slowbro, Tangrowth and Tangela). This means that even if Tornadus-SB form is UU, it's going to be very good UU pokemon.

Anyway, I think these new abilities for the forms look pretty good. We still can't discuss their competitive value completely, as we don't know their stats yet, however they do look pretty good from what we know so far. Intimidate might make up for a loss of bulk in Landorus, and it would be very useful on a volt-turn team, especially if the attack increase that Gamefreak says will happen makes the loss of Sand Force negligible.

I would've liked if Tornadus kept Prankster. Now it can't be bulky and have priority Tailwind. Well, I guess there's always a cost of something good.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Chaos View Post
    According to the latest news on the front page, Keldeo may be getting a new forme as well. What are your guys's thoughts on that? Personally, I think Gamefreak is going overboard with the forme idea.
    It is yeah. And I agree, Keldeo hasn't even been released in its normal forme, why add another?

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Thunderus was banned because of his capabilities to use Prankster Twave and cripple anyone who can counter him, as well as giving him a turn to set up. His new ability will do the opposite of that; he'll for sure stay in OU, but will be more easily defeated by Scarfers. .
    No, he'll stay in Ubers because Thundurus can always have Prankster

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hax_R_Us View Post
    Thunderus will be even better on Rain teams. It's new ability will allow it to be able to take random Thunderbolts aimed at all of the water types and 1. Heal SR damage 2. come in for free and start firing off STAB Thunders.

Also, Landorus's Intimidate allows it to get in a SD a lot easierly and may even allow him to get in 2. While the Sand Force will be missed, I will be happy to use him as a U-Turner with Intimidate.
    Are Regenerator and Intimidate confirmed then?

Ice Cold Fire

With Volt Absorb, Thundurus could be even more broken in OU than it was before. Pranster was useful for priority Thunder Wave and Taunt, but the main reason it was banned was because of the raw power of its Nasty Plot set. Seeing as how the new form has a "focus" on SpA, that may meant that its SpA stat will have an increase. Combine with a new immunity, and you might have an even more powerful NP sweeper. Of course, the may not be the case if some of its other stats take a hit (namely speed).

Tornadus with Regenerator is going to be pretty cool. I can definitely see this thing being a bulky tank or supporter with with U-turn. Prankster would have been awesome for it, but at least Regenerator will give it some recovery if Roost never becomes available to it.

Landorus with Intimidate is a little disappointing, but kinda nice at the same time. It might miss Sand Force, but Intimidate is just a great ability in general. That will give it quite a bit more opportunities to switch in, effectively giving a defensive boost to any set it runs.

Landorus getting intimidate isn't that bad honestly because it's getting a raise in attack anyway and it would be nice for landorus to have some bulk to take stuff like scizor's bullet punch better or even take on terrakion.
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Chaos View Post
    Landorus getting intimidate isn't that bad honestly because it's getting a raise in attack anyway and it would be nice for landorus to have some bulk to take stuff like scizor's bullet punch better or even take on terrakion.
    Assuming Landorus-SB has the same base Defence, it'll only be able to take on ScarfTerakion taking 36.99-44.2% from its Stone Edge. Other fighting types like Conkledurr will have more trouble without Ice Punch(which they'll probably get through tutors anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Assuming Landorus-SB has the same base Defence, it'll only be able to take on ScarfTerakion taking 36.99-44.2% from its Stone Edge. Other fighting types like Conkledurr will have more trouble without Ice Punch(which they'll probably get through tutors anyway).
    Thats if we get new move tutors, if not, well sorry, anyway what if they have a new set of moves, doubt it though

Regenerator Tornadus / Intimidate Landorus - Definetly like this idea. With access to u-turn, greater bulk, and decent speed it could become a decent defensive pivot on a VoltTurn team. Intimidate Landorus could also be a great VoltTurner, causing switches with the -1 atk, then with an even greater emphasis on attack it will be able to put out decent damage with U-turn.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Are Regenerator and Intimidate confirmed then?
    Yeah. At least, I think so.

yes, they are confirmed.

GodDamnZilla

Regenerator on Tornadus just made every slightly better, even though we know nothing about stats, but that fact that he can heal of SR damage (technically), is a huge boon for the defensively oriented version of this.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Regenerator Tornadus sounds extremely exciting, especially given that this Pokémon can learn U-turn and is supposedly very bulky in its Sacred Beast Forme. I hope it gets Roost to go alongside it as well, which would be perfect in my opinion as it could make Tornadus a near-indestructible tank given Magic Bounce support. But either way, I'll be very much looking forward to using the Sacred Beast Forme of Tornadus. With any luck, it could even respark my interest in the OU tier.

Hopefully we will get move tutors in BW2, and this would likely allow Tornadus to learn Roost. I'm also thinking that Tornadus-SB might be one of the better checks for Techniloom, as it will have a large amount of bulk (according to the probably lying Gamefreak), and can easily recover off damage with Regenerator/Roost. I'm just worried that as a bulky bird it will be outclassed by Skarmory, who also has a Steel typing.

I am very exited about them though, as they look quite interesting. I hope they're bad really, so they're a bit more unusual in UU, say. They'll probably be OU for a while because of the boosted usage, but you never know.

From an Ubers standpoint, I think Thundurus will finally see some viability in Ubers. With Volt Absorb, he can finally switch into Thunders from Palkia, Dialga, Kyogre, Zekrom, etc. and support the team with a new boosted Sp.Att, so it can heavily damage Ubers pokemon, though we don't actually know what stats it has yet.

Next Saturday, everyone. All will be revealed.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

I'm just worried that as a bulky bird it will be outclassed by Skarmory, who also has a Steel typing.
    Well, assuming it has high special defense and about 100 speed, it'll still be able to retain a niche over it.

I think it's competition is going to come from Zapdos.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    With Volt Absorb, he can finally switch into Thunders from Palkia, Dialga, Kyogre, Zekrom,
    No, it cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    From an Ubers standpoint, I think Thundurus will finally see some viability in Ubers. With Volt Absorb, he can finally switch into Thunders from Palkia, Dialga, Kyogre, Zekrom, etc. and support the team with a new boosted Sp.Att, so it can heavily damage Ubers pokemon, though we don't actually know what stats it has yet.

Next Saturday, everyone. All will be revealed.
    from an experienced ubers standpoint you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast