Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus Sacred Beast Forme

Regenerator Tornadus i think will have a spike in uses because his bulk, defensive typing and support movepool
    like everyone, i`m a little disappointed by landorus`s ability, but it could be worse, they could have screwed him like dialga and palkia`s dreamworld ability, only thing i think will keep thunderus in OU possibly is he may have a decrease in speed, which i`m concerned about with landorus`s new for, tho he gets rock polish to remedy that

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Potato View Post
    from an experienced ubers standpoint you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Exactly.

Out of all honesty, Tornadus is still going to not see much usage in Ubers. Darkrai still kicks his *** as is better than him in every way possible.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Actually, in all honesty, despite the fact that Thundurus is not used very often in Übers, its standard Forme is in fact actually a completely viable lead in that tier, as with its Prankster-enhanced Taunt, it can prevent the opponent's lead from setting up entry hazards, prevent Darkrai from using Dark Void and also paralyze it with Thunder Wave, paralyze Choice Scarf Kyogre with Thunder Wave, use Grass Knot against Groudon, and if it happens to survive until later on in the match (which happens often as it is not uncommon to find it getting forced out by an opponent's Dragon Tail-using lead), it can also do some very helpful things like paralyzing some fast and deadly Pokémon, such as Mewtwo, Latios, or a Choice Scarf-holding Pokémon.

I cannot say anything about the viability of its Sacred Beast Forme in that tier though, as Prankster is the biggest selling point of its standard Forme.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

According to the main page, the Kami's sent over from Black and White can still change forms with that mirror, and the abilities will change as if they were caught in the Dream Radar. so that means it's impossible for Sacred Beast forme Tornadus and Thundurus to have Prankster. Landorus gets Sheer Force though
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Well, assuming it has high special defense and about 100 speed, it'll still be able to retain a niche over it.

I think it's competition is going to come from Zapdos.
    Yeah, Zapdos does have a better defensive typing, and since Tornadus is presumably having it offenses lowered in favor of its defenses, it also packs more of a punch.

thunderus may see more usage if he`s speed is around 100 as a revenge killer with his high sp attack, tho electric is resisted, he could become an excellent way to revenge kill kyogre

With the new info and confirmation that the new formes can have their original abilities, i there some reconsideration to your previous comments?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    With the new info and confirmation that the new formes can have their original abilities, i there some reconsideration to your previous comments?
    Landorus finally gets Sheer Force, just like he's always wanted. If we get move tutors with the punches, we'll be seeing a lot more Sheer Force Lando.
    Meanwhile, neither Tornadus nor Thunderus want Defiant. Maybe Tornadus is going to pull off a Bulk Up set or something, but with Thunderus it's utterly useless. He's still going to be Ubers, and he's still going to have Prankster when he's used.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

If we don't get move tutors, it will be a shame, but Tornadus-B looks very interesting, maybe for a volt-turn team?

fail, landorus lacks the physical movepool for sheer force, bar rock slide and his alternate form may get shadow claw :L the other 2 get screwed over i think :L

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    fail, landorus lacks the physical movepool for sheer force, bar rock slide and his alternate form may get shadow claw :L the other 2 get screwed over i think :L
    Yes, but it has a big enough special movepool for Sheer Force. It has a great base 115 SpA stat, and a special set is great at luring Pokemon that are prepared to tank a physical set.

Oh, and Shadow Claw doesn't get the boost. Just saiyan.

i think they might take out the same flying type on the beast formes. add in something else. except on tornadus. theres no way hes not being flying. he may end up adding a type though. any suggestions? i say landorus will be grass/ground, because he is nature, so to speak. thunderus might be electric/water(o how i hope ) because hes a storm cloud, you know. and tornadus, its potluck really. i do hope they get tutors though, as landorus doesnt have the movepool for sheer force, and to waste all that attack?

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    i think they might take out the same flying type on the beast formes. add in something else. except on tornadus. theres no way hes not being flying. he may end up adding a type though. any suggestions?
    Clouds around the ankles...I say flying.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

i hope its not flying. im tired of flying legendaries. give us a.....what type haventnthey used? fighting? yeah, maybe tornadus'll be fighting/flying. it'b be about time.

i hope its not flying. im tired of flying legendaries. give us a.....what type haventnthey used? fighting? yeah, maybe tornadus'll be fighting/flying. it'b be about time.
    Sorry to dissapoint you, but it is confirmed that they keep their typing.

We have 5 fighting type legendaries this generation (counting meloetta)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

awwww.....how is that landorus stiol flying though? anyway, i think that no one would really use the formes, unless for stats or tutors. maybe landorus though. people might try a special landorus

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Yes, but it has a big enough special movepool for Sheer Force. It has a great base 115 SpA stat, and a special set is great at luring Pokemon that are prepared to tank a physical set.

Oh, and Shadow Claw doesn't get the boost. Just saiyan.
    facepalm, i was thinking crush claw lol
    also they havnt set the base stats yet, tho hes going to get a attack boost, he may loss special attack thus making it harder to pull off
    darklord: i agree, tho sacred beast landorus would be awesome ground and fighting i think, rock polish/swords dance, CC, earthquake, stone edge/HP ice

Sheer force landorus will be in its regular forme, so he will have the 115 spatk to use sheer forced special moves. Earth power gets the boost.
    I hope landorus doesnt lose speed. If he has to lose something, i hope it will be spatk and defences.

if he doesn't lose speed, he'll probably be moved to ubers. imo, hes borderline right now. he'll probably lose defenses, making him a truer sweeper. high attack, glass cannon. and yeah, jesus, fighting would be an excellent replacement. could make a sweet revenge killer. especially since it already gets stone edge.

awwww.....how is that landorus stiol flying though? anyway, i think that no one would really use the formes, unless for stats or tutors. maybe landorus though. people might try a special landorus
    It have clouds around his feet so he can fly but yeah it is weird he should be pure ground thunderus pure electric and tornadus pure flying but it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    Regenerator Tornadus i think will have a spike in uses because his bulk, defensive typing and support movepool
    like everyone, i`m a little disappointed by landorus`s ability, but it could be worse, they could have screwed him like dialga and palkia`s dreamworld ability, only thing i think will keep thunderus in OU possibly is he may have a decrease in speed, which i`m concerned about with landorus`s new for, tho he gets rock polish to remedy that
    just noticed this but, uh, regenerator tornadus?

just noticed this but, uh, regenerator tornadus?
    It's the ability it gets in it's alternate form.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

i thought both tornadus and thunderus got defiant? if it indeed gets regenerator, it is definitely going to be used like crazy. prankster tornadus wasnt as viable imo, as prankster thunderus. lack of decent movepool. with regenerator, it can be a great wall, something i think will reflect on its stats

If Tornadus gets Roost from a move tutor, it will be a great SubRoost user with Prankster. Then again, Tornadus losing its Flying typing with Roost...how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    If Tornadus gets Roost from a move tutor, it will be a great SubRoost user with Prankster. Then again, Tornadus losing its Flying typing with Roost...how does that work?
    It becomes a Normal type until the end of the turn.

i thought both tornadus and thunderus got defiant? if it indeed gets regenerator, it is definitely going to be used like crazy. prankster tornadus wasnt as viable imo, as prankster thunderus. lack of decent movepool. with regenerator, it can be a great wall, something i think will reflect on its stats
    Defiant is their Dream World ability. They get exclusive abilities while in their Sacred Beast Forme.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast