Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus Sacred Beast Forme

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    It's the ability it gets in it's alternate form.
    Well, we have to be careful now since there are 2 alternate forms.
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Chaos View Post
    Well, we have to be careful now since there are 2 alternate forms.
    Well there's the original form and then there's the sacred beast (alternate) form. unless i missed something..
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    If Tornadus gets Roost from a move tutor, it will be a great SubRoost user with Prankster. Then again, Tornadus losing its Flying typing with Roost...how does that work?
    It just turns into a Normal type, so Conkeldurr can KO it with Drain Punch when it roosts
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    i thought both tornadus and thunderus got defiant? if it indeed gets regenerator, it is definitely going to be used like crazy. prankster tornadus wasnt as viable imo, as prankster thunderus. lack of decent movepool. with regenerator, it can be a great wall, something i think will reflect on its stats
    We are not talking about DW abilities, we are talking about their new forms.
    If Tornadus gets Roost from a move tutor, it will be a great SubRoost user with Prankster. Then again, Tornadus losing its Flying typing with Roost...how does that work?
    It's probably be neutral to everything.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    We are not talking about DW abilities, we are talking about their new forms.It's probably be neutral to everything.
    No actually there was a change in gen 5 now roost pure flying type only make the pokemon normal type not ??? yeah it's weird but ??? was removed in gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Tornadus with Regenerator is going to be pretty cool. I can definitely see this thing being a bulky tank or supporter with with U-turn. Prankster would have been awesome for it, but at least Regenerator will give it some recovery if Roost never becomes available to it.
    Well, considering Tornadus' new form is a giant bird, it'd make less sense for it not to get Roost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Other fighting types like Conkledurr will have more trouble without Ice Punch(which they'll probably get through tutors anyway).
    I hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    I'm just worried that as a bulky bird it will be outclassed by Skarmory, who also has a Steel typing.
    Well, it has some things Skarmory won't.
    1. A fighting resist.
    2. The higher special defense.

Though they'll be competitors. Just depends on what you'll need. Hurricane ill also be fun to use from a defensive Pok'emon.
    awwww.....how is that landorus stiol flying though? anyway, i think that no one would really use the formes, unless for stats or tutors. maybe landorus though. people might try a special landorus
    Maybe because it floats? Hmm. o:
    Is that combo legal?

And it becomes normal.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

If a pure Flying-type uses Roost, it becomes Normal-type for the remainder of the turn.

- Smogon
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

let me get this straight:
    1: the kamis get a regular ability(prankster/sand force) and a dw ability(defiant and sheer force), correct? with this, they get an alternate form, each with a different ability. regenerator and what are the other two? sheer force still? and then what?

2: do the alternate formes get dw abilities? if so, what are they?

sorry if im newbish at this. i honestly didnt know they even got an alternate forme until last week.

Is that combo legal?
    Let's look back at what he said.
    Seeing as substitute is a TM...it would be legal.
    1. A fighting resist.
    2. The higher special defense.

Though they'll be competitors. Just depends on what you'll need. Hurricane ill also be fun to use from a defensive Pok'emon.
    Just to add on, I'm predicting that Tornadus will still have some pretty high speed.
    1: the kamis get a regular ability(prankster/sand force) and a dw ability(defiant and sheer force), correct? with this, they get an alternate form, each with a different ability. regenerator and what are the other two? sheer force still? and then what?

2: do the alternate formes get dw abilities? if so, what are they?
    1: Thunderus gets volt absorb and Landorus gets intimidate.
    2: Who knows? Only so much has been confirmed.

yeah, i checked the b/w 2 page on main site. looks legit im interested on trying out regenerator tornadus, personally. i also think that intimidate might get a decent amount of use. it may not have the best defenses, but imo, that works better than sheer force. interesting to see how these turn out, but i predict maybe tornadus going to ubers. maybe. all depends on its stats. and movepool. thunderus isnt going to be used as much though, with a "tier" riddled with dragons, who cares about volt absorb? landorus might bump up too. could check some top threats in ou or ubers, better than it does now.

yeah, i checked the b/w 2 page on main site. looks legit im interested on trying out regenerator tornadus, personally. i also think that intimidate might get a decent amount of use. it may not have the best defenses, but imo, that works better than sheer force. interesting to see how these turn out, but i predict maybe tornadus going to ubers. maybe. all depends on its stats. and movepool. thunderus isnt going to be used as much though, with a "tier" riddled with dragons, who cares about volt absorb? landorus might bump up too. could check some top threats in ou or ubers, better than it does now.
    Well, actually, Landorus has sand force, not sheer force. It boost rock, ground, and steel type moves during a sandstorm. If you aren't using a sand team, Intimidate may be better, but if you are using a sand team, that 33.3 boost is actually pretty big. For example, EQ and stone edge will get 33 more power. That's roughly the difference between slash and return. Plus STAB for EQ, the boost is actually pretty big.

And...uh, at least Thundorus can swap in on Kyogre and Zekrom....sometimes. Meh, prankster doesn't do too much for an offensive set anyway, so I guess it's ability doesn't matter anyway.

the thing is though, why would you use volt absorb on one of the bast support pokes in ubers? especially when absorbing electric can be better done by a ground type, landorus for example.

and my b on landorus. i was unsure as to its normal ability and its hidden ability. it gets sheer force now? and its HA is sand force. i think....still, it'd be pretty even. a bulkier threat killer vs. a threatening sand sweeper. i predict it'll be a salamence situation. do i make it bulky, or go moxie and sweep?

EDIT: checked him out. normal ability is sand force(like i had said...) and dw ability is sheer force. unless we get move tutors, some decent ones..., sheer force wont be used often.

the thing is though, why would you use volt absorb on one of the bast support pokes in ubers? especially when absorbing electric can be better done by a ground type, landorus for example.

and my b on landorus. i was unsure as to its normal ability and its hidden ability. it gets sheer force now? and its HA is sand force. i think....still, it'd be pretty even. a bulkier threat killer vs. a threatening sand sweeper. i predict it'll be a salamence situation. do i make it bulky, or go moxie and sweep?

EDIT: checked him out. normal ability is sand force(like i had said...) and dw ability is sheer force. unless we get move tutors, some decent ones..., sheer force wont be used often.
    Oh, sorry. I got a little confused about Landy. I didn't realize you were talking about it's DW ability.

As for volt absorb? It probably wouldn't be for the ability itself, but for it's new stats. Sacred Beast Thunderus is supposed to have higher special attack then it's humanoid form.

Gosh, headaches like this aren't very painful but they make it difficult to think....

So wait, would Thundurus's Sacred Beast form with Prankster outclass the normal incarnation form?
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Chaos View Post
    So wait, would Thundurus's Sacred Beast form with Prankster outclass the normal incarnation form?
    If the stat changes are true, then absolutely.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

so the stat changes have been released/rumored? if so, what are they?

so the stat changes have been released/rumored? if so, what are they?
    Read and find out.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I was hoping for exact numbers, however this is pretty much just confirming what we have discussed earlier. It does add some interesting new abilities though

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

This is getting confusing regarding their abilities. Incarnation form gets Prankster/Sand Force as a normal ability and Defiant/Sheer Force as DW abilities like in BW, and SB form gets Prankster/Sand Force if it didn't come from Dream Radar, Defiant/Sheer Force if in normal form and came from Dream Radar, and Regenerator/Volt Absorb/Intimidate if you use the item on it?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

yes. it is very confusing though, even more if the beast formes gets their own dw abilities. but my prediction is that the new tornadus will just end up being a bulkier mandibuzz. whirlwind(move tutor)/ roost( its a f*cking bird. it should get it)/ toxic/ hammer arm(to take care of steels)

Hm, now that I see their sprites, they aren't all that ugly any more. I still don't like Tornadus that much, but whatever.
    This is getting confusing regarding their abilities. Incarnation form gets Prankster/Sand Force as a normal ability and Defiant/Sheer Force as DW abilities like in BW, and SB form gets Prankster/Sand Force if it didn't come from Dream Radar, Defiant/Sheer Force if in normal form and came from Dream Radar, and Regenerator/Volt Absorb/Intimidate if you use the item on it?
    In their beast forms, they don't have DW abilities. In their normal forms, they do.

I don't think it's confusing at all.

i guess we can think of them as different pokemon, rather than formes. this helps cut the confusion away. at least, to me

i guess we can think of them as different pokemon, rather than formes. this helps cut the confusion away. at least, to me
    Talking about Pokemon, forms are generally seperated, and have different tiers. The only exception is Darmanitan-Z, who changes mid battle, and therefore is tiered in Limbo.

Anyway, they're now the Therain forms.

was it "forms" or "formes"? formes usually have different stats and whatnot. forms, no "e", are usually same stats, i.e. arceus, castform.

So apparently there's a possible report of the genie trio's new stats.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=227

Tornadus-T is gonna be pretty cool. Base 121 speed in insane, and at least it maintains very nice 100/110 offenses. I was hoping for a little more bulk, though, since 79/80/90 defenses are pretty modest at best.

Thundurus-T and Landorus-T are going to be crazy with those base 145 offensive stats. Landorus's decreases in speed and SpA might be enough to keep it in check...sorta...but Thundurus still maintains good speed and threatens to be an even more threatening Nasty Plot sweeper with such an incredible SpA stat. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast