Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Caution: Icy Battle Conditions! (740)

We've been on a streak of really good gym battles since Driftveil, and another one added here. I'm glad we got as assortment of uncommon attacks in this episode (Astonish, Aurora Beam, Brine) and Scraggy getting his debut is nice. I'm also happy that the "Ash only uses 2 Pokemon" rumour was false.

Love the foreshadowing with Iris at the end. I think there's more to her backstory with Drayden.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

2. Default

Wow, I predicted the Wayward Focus Blast somehow hitting the Ice Cream last week and it came true.

This had great potential, but it was wasted.

Zuruggu, who we didn't even know was here until a week ago, really stole the show.

Chaobuu did well, and tanked hits like a true porker vs. Tsunbear.

Warubiru disappointed me, his movepool really limits him. He needs to evolve or learn something STAT.

Seriously? Fling again? I guess the writers just had Ash use it so Bianca winning against Trip that way back in the donamite wouldn't look DEM, although it still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Seriously? Fling again? I guess the writers just had Ash use it so Bianca winning against Trip that way back in the donamite wouldn't look DEM, although it still is.
    It wasn't Fling. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    It wasn't Fling. -_-
    Emboar didn't use fling? Ok, sorry then.

Emboar didn't use fling? Ok, sorry then.
    Emboar did. Krokorok didn't use Fling.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Emboar did. Krokorok didn't use Fling.
    And I never said he did. Bye.

And I never said he did. Bye.
    Anyway,

So far Clay has been the best gym match.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Anyway,

So far Clay has been the best gym match.
    Most definitely.

I had high hopes for this one, but this gym battle fell horribly short.

For being such a hyped beast, the only beast on Hachiku's Team was his Tsunbear; the rest were nothing to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    Cryogonal counter Scraggy with Rapid Spin. Then it's using SolarBeam and Scraggy faints.

Anyone else noticed that SolarBeam got a new, and a very strange animation?

Up next is Pignite.
    I think that was aurora beam, not solar beam...and did anyone notice the reflect and the mirror shot? Oh and the frost breath...cryogonal did a lot of attack debuts...also, vanalissh's astonish was cool and beartic's aerial ace...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Cryogonal never uses SolarBeam ...

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    I think that was aurora beam, not solar beam...and did anyone notice the reflect and the mirror shot? Oh and the frost breath...cryogonal did a lot of attack debuts...also, vanalissh's astonish was cool and beartic's aerial ace...
    Cryogonal only debuted Frost Breath. Vanillish used Mirror Shot, and Reflect was used by other Pokemon before.

And I'm pretty sute Brycen told Cryogonal to use SolarBeam.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

For me Cryogonal uses Rapid Spin, Reflect, Aurora Beam & Frost Breath.

I don't think Iris is worried about having to battle Ash. Didn't she say something about leaving and not returning till she was a Dragon master? I could be wrong I've missed quite a few of the episodes and have only seen the screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Most definitely.

I had high hopes for this one, but this gym battle fell horribly short.

For being such a hyped beast, the only beast on Hachiku's Team was his Tsunbear; the rest were nothing to write home about.
    Really?

Why was it horrible because none learned a move or evolved? Gym battles are about learning moves or evolving in them now...?
    ---------------------------------------------

Finally watched the episode I though it was a pretty damn great gym battle.

Krokorok is such a ditz the thing is really fun to watch, I loved how at the start of the match he talk to Iris/Axew and Dent, like a little kid "Watch me guys I do this!!!" :P.

Scraggy vs Vanilish was pretty good, would have liked him to hit Vanilish with HJK but it was still a good battle and win.

Cryogonal vs Pignite too, Cryogonal wasn't beaten with one move...he took Flamecharge and Flamethrower, he didn't take much damage from it due to defending the moves but he did took damage, I though the win was pretty cool and smart idea from Satoshi, Cryogonal koed face was awesome.

Krokorok vs Beartic, another good figth, once again Satoshi used a strategy and Krokorok was able to win, I seriously laughed at the end when he does his cool pose after winning but then is so tired that falls down.

With this Krokorok is definetly semented as my second favourite Satoshi pokemon rigth now after Scraggy, the more I see from him the more I like him.

As for where I rank it:

1.Yakon
    2.Hachiko/Fuuro

The battle was extremely disappointing. Borderline awful. It was interrupted by commentary after every attack was thrown. It stopped the battle from flowing and feeling intense. Not to mention, the animation was lacking and Brycen, even with Beartic, didn't feel like a threat at all.

I had high hopes after Clay and Skyla were so fantastic, but this was just as bad as early BW.

This episode was ok... not my favorite Gym Battle. It was cool to see Freegio for the first time. I'm disappointed about no new moves or evolution, but the battles themselves I liked. I cringed when Zuruggu's knee went into the ice rock instead of Vanirichi. It was bizarre and funny to see Focus Blast miss and then end up hitting Vanirichi anyway. The new way Flame Charge was done was cool to see. Ash was very very smart for doing an altered version of what Bianca's Emboar did, to defeat Beartic.

40/100
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Great episode this week. The whole battle was handled pretty well. At first, I thought the writers were going to "nerf" Brycen so Ash could beat him, but I found the final battle resolution to have been handled well. And I do like how the writers did a throwback to a previous episode by showing Ash take advantage of Bianca's crazy strategy while making sense of it. Seems like Ash's character is finally back on track.

Nice episode! I love Iris's winter outfit!

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Clear (DMMD), Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

Finished watching the episode. I enjoyed it a lot. Favorite parts were off Krokorok.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Some of the standouts for me were Krokorok grabbing his own Stone Edge to defeat Beartic and Iris' winter costume.

Just saw the episode. Wasn't the best gym battle but wasn't bad either. I still enjoy how tank Fire Pledge looks animated.

Only thing that bothered me was actually Ash's way of using Stone Edge. It was a good strategy but the way it was executed seemed a bit lacking since as someone else said, the momentum of it was thrown off by all the commentary. I'd still say Ash was sharper in the Clay battle then this one. Despite that, I'm loving Krokorok's personality more and more.

Another thought...I'm hoping this isn't the last we see of the whole Scraggy misses but Focus Blast turns around and hits opponent thing. I think it'd be awesome if being able to control Focus Blast that way becomes Scraggy's signature ability and hope he trains to do that in the future.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

I thought this was a good episode. I really enjoyed the gym battle and I like that Scraggy, Pignite and Krokorok all got wins. Ash came up with some very good strategies such as Pignite using Fire Pledge to attack the center of Cryogonal and using Krokorok's Rock Tomb as fighting tools against Beartic. It was also cool to see Ash taking a strategy that Bianca used against Trip in the Clubsplosion. It's nice to see Ash using techniques from his rivals. Good episode. That's the 7th badge for Ash. One more to go

It was a good episode. The battle between Ash and Brycen was neat. I'll be looking forward to the next Gym Battle.

At the end of the episode when the gym leader suggested opelucid city as the next gym battle and I saw the look on Iris's face. I knew what the outcome was gonna be down the road. All I'm gonna say is that I'm actually glad they're going to go that route. It'll be interesting to see.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast