Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pokemon Voice Actor

I wish they got Patrick Warburton to voice a over energetic character even if it is just one ep XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    I wish they got Patrick Warburton to voice a over energetic character even if it is just one ep XD
    That'd be hilarious. TPCi's voice actor pool is pretty huge these days. I don't think they've hired anyone that hasn't already worked for FUNi, 4Kids, or their in-house pool as of yet. They don't really have any mainstream voice actors, like 4Kids didn't, working on their dub. It's mainly anime voice actors.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    That'd be hilarious. TPCi's voice actor pool is pretty huge these days. I don't think they've hired anyone that hasn't already worked for FUNi, 4Kids, or their in-house pool as of yet. They don't really have any mainstream voice actors, like 4Kids didn't, working on their dub. It's mainly anime voice actors.
    So true!!! I love Harley's voice in the dub. I remember when I first watched an episode with him in it. I was laughing so hard my parents kept giving me strange looks. XD

~Misty

~Pokeshipping~

My fanfiction account: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2320079/Misty_Ketchum97

Even though most of the current voices aren't bad, per say, I feel like some of them don't really put as much enthusiasm as the 4kids VAs did. There are some exceptions, though. I do like Jason Griffith as Cilan, because you can tell how much fun he has with Cilan's over-the-top personality. And for some reason, I LOVE Suzy Myers as Burgundy. Her first appearance had me grinning the whole time. Even when TPCi has those lines that just seem awkward, I always get a laugh out of her. So yeah, if the performance is good, the actual voice doesn't bother me as much.
    If you play Pokemon with your favorites and don't rush through the game to start EV training, IV breeding, etc... I salute you.

Ozzy Hotspot Buster Zeke Stewie Sundae
    This is my Pokemon White team. I beat the gym leaders, the Elite Four, N, and Ghetis without evolving my Pokemon. I love this team.

Help me complete the National Pokedex!
    Current Status: 642/646 Still Need: , , ,
    Events up for trade: ASH , FEB2012 , TRU , TRU , 2012MAY , ALAMOS , TRU , Movie14
    Platinum FC: 4511-6675-9996
    HeartGold FC: 3654-3503-9839
    White FC: 3739-9038-0200

I do like Paul, Dawn and Cilan's voices in the dub.

Other than Ash, I think Veronica Taylor's May was one of the best female voices in the dub. I remember fearing that 4kids would have Lisa Ortiz voice her before Hoenn began, thank god that was not the case

Quote Originally Posted by Toonyoungster View Post
    Even though most of the current voices aren't bad, per say, I feel like some of them don't really put as much enthusiasm as the 4kids VAs did. There are some exceptions, though. I do like Jason Griffith as Cilan, because you can tell how much fun he has with Cilan's over-the-top personality. And for some reason, I LOVE Suzy Myers as Burgundy. Her first appearance had me grinning the whole time. Even when TPCi has those lines that just seem awkward, I always get a laugh out of her. So yeah, if the performance is good, the actual voice doesn't bother me as much.
    Out of the new voices, I have to admit I really like Jason Griffith. Cilan IS hilarious and WAY over the top. Just like he needed to be portrayed.
    Which one is Burgundy again? I get her confused with a different character....

~Misty

~Pokeshipping~

My fanfiction account: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2320079/Misty_Ketchum97

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Ketchum66 View Post
    Out of the new voices, I have to admit I really like Jason Griffith. Cilan IS hilarious and WAY over the top. Just like he needed to be portrayed.
    Which one is Burgundy again? I get her confused with a different character....

~Misty
    Cilan's "rival". The one with the purple hair, always talking about revenge, and speaks hilariously broken French.
    If you play Pokemon with your favorites and don't rush through the game to start EV training, IV breeding, etc... I salute you.

Ozzy Hotspot Buster Zeke Stewie Sundae
    This is my Pokemon White team. I beat the gym leaders, the Elite Four, N, and Ghetis without evolving my Pokemon. I love this team.

Help me complete the National Pokedex!
    Current Status: 642/646 Still Need: , , ,
    Events up for trade: ASH , FEB2012 , TRU , TRU , 2012MAY , ALAMOS , TRU , Movie14
    Platinum FC: 4511-6675-9996
    HeartGold FC: 3654-3503-9839
    White FC: 3739-9038-0200

Nathan Price! He brought a sort of compassion to Meowth that neither Maddie Blaustein nor James Catchcart Carter replicate. And he actually sounds like a cute kitty unlike the other two. :3 He had the best, in character lines - he was just a perfect fit!
    Last edited by Professor Stan Oak; 28th October 2013 at 8:14 PM.

Any and all 4Kids voices for the main characters, Stuart Zagnit as Professor Oak, and Veronica Taylor as Delia Ketchum.

From TPCi, Jason Griffith as Cilan, Marc Thompson as Dr. Zager, and Nicholas DiMichele as N.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Professor Stuart Zagnit Oak would be a close second - he actually sounds like a wise, old grandfather that tells stories and has knowledge beyond his many years.

Third would be Ted Lewis I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by givepriceachance View Post
    Professor Stuart Zagnit Oak would be a close second - he actually sounds like a wise, old grandfather that tells stories and has knowledge beyond his many years.
    Agreed. At the least, Stuart Zagnit's Professor Oak was way better than whatever Carter Cathcart has been trying with the character. I always felt Stuart nailed the role of Professor Oak as well, though, for the exact same reasons as you did.

Third would be Ted Lewis I suppose.
    I liked him most as Tracey and Giovanni, but his James was really good as well.

I gotta admit, I like Ted the most as Ryo Bakura and Yami Bakura from the YGO dub.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 28th October 2013 at 8:29 PM.

For DP, I really liked Paul and Dawn's voices, they fit them perfectly. I don't think they would have sounded any better if 4kids was dubbing DP.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    For DP, I really liked Paul and Dawn's voices, they fit them perfectly. I don't think they would have sounded any better if 4kids was dubbing DP.
    Those two got great dub voices: I have to admit that much is definitely true. They would've probably sounded the same if 4Kids was dubbing DP.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 28th October 2013 at 8:59 PM.

Julian and Emily are pretty good - not my favorite, but the latter was one of the better ones, actually.

Julian and Emily are pretty good - not my favorite, but the latter was one of the better ones, actually.
    I think Emily's Dawn was my favorite out of the DP dub voices.

Yeah, Dawn also had a better voice than the one they casted for Iris or Serena so far.

Still Misty and May's voices were the most distinct and memorable, and I'm not just saying that because of 4kids either.

Yeah, Dawn also had a better voice than the one they casted for Iris or Serena so far.

Still Misty and May's voices were the most distinct and memorable, and I'm not just saying that because of 4kids either.
    Yeah, I agree with you about Dawn.

I loved their 4Kids voices, but for their TPCi voices, I liked Misty's MoMP voice, but not her BW116 one. Same goes for May: I liked her late BF and M09 voice, but not her MoMP/early BF/DP Cameo voice.

I was never a big fan of veronica's may, only because it was so sinilar to deliah's imo. It didn't sound bad, but it wasn't that distinguished. Jason grithith is definitely the best of tpci so far.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I was never a big fan of veronica's may, only because it was so sinilar to deliah's imo. It didn't sound bad, but it wasn't that distinguished. Jason grithith is definitely the best of tpci so far.
    I will admit that it does sound that way in her first 4 episodes or so (e.g. "Yeah, we're starving!" in "You Never Can Taillow"), but it really grew on me later on. I actually really liked Veronica's May, but I can respect that. When she began to distinguish it from her Ash and Delia voices is when I began to grow fond of it: she sounded really bubbly and energetic as May to me, but to each their own.

Jason Griffith's Cilan is definitely the best voice for a main character in TPCi's dub to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    After the first 15 or so Hoenn episodes they don't really sound that alike. Delia was much more high pitched than May's voice is.

After the first 15 or so Hoenn episodes they don't really sound that alike. Delia was much more high pitched than May's voice is.
    Yeah: that's exactly how I'd put it.

I only liked the original voices oh originals <3 :'( All the voices that came after it sucks. Dawn, piplup and Iris are the worst in my opinion.
    Last edited by besho; 29th October 2013 at 11:00 AM.

From TPCi, my favorite would probably be Bill Timoney.

From TPCi, my favorite would probably be Bill Timoney.
    My overall favorite from TPCi would be Nicholas DiMichele, but Bill Timoney is great as well.

Veronica Taylor
    'nuff said

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast