Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite/ Best SubSeed

Hybrid View

Default Favourite/ Best SubSeed

What is your opinion on SubSeeders, and which is your favourite?

I personally like Sceptile and Simisage. Mostly beacuse of their looks X) Breloom is cool too, but I prefer him on the bulky set.
    Water Pokemon. Nuff Said.

FEAR THE SLOWBROTHERS

In general SubSeed is a terrible predictable strategy that doesn't really accomplish anything fast enough. A few Pokes can do it well enough. To SubSeed you need to do something ELSE (Whimiscott is horrible, never use it).

Ludicolo in Rain can SubSeed practically forever. Sub + Leech Seed + Giga Drain + Scald or something isn't completely terrible and has numerous chances to set up.

Breloom can SubSeed but has the added benefit of Focus Punch and Spore. It's not as good anymore because of Sub Gengar, Dragonite, Dual Chop CB Haxorus and Reuniclus.

Yeah, Breloom is probably the best since it has Poison Heal and...the other stuff. Shaymin is kinda neat since, besides SubSeed, it can mess with a handful of Pokemon with a powerful Seed Flare and random SpD drops, but even then I'd rather just run an offensive set with Rest. I guess that's the main problem with SubSeed sets: it's hard to find a reason to use it over other sets. Breloom has it nice because Focus Punch also takes advantage of the Sub and, between Leech Seed and Poison Heal, it can spam Sub and have its health remain relatively unchanged. Whimiscott also uses it a lot because...that's about all it can do. Other Pokemon, like Sceptile and Shaymin, have other sets that are usually far more appealing.

Yes, Breloom is my favorite as well. It fits the role perfectly, with Toxic Heal, Spore, and STAB Focus Punch.

GodDamnZilla

O god, we have gotten to the point where we just name our favorites on things >.<

Anyways, I think protect can almost always be used over substitute. I think see period can do the job fairly well, as well as ferrothorn (if it learns sub)

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    O god, we have gotten to the point where we just name our favorites on things >.<

Anyways, I think protect can almost always be used over substitute. I think see period can do the job fairly well, as well as ferrothorn (if it learns sub)
    Um...The title kinda has favorite in it's name.

Yeah, of course Ferrothorn gets substitute. It's like protect, almost every pokemon gets it. Speaking of which, I've seen a SubSeed Ferrothorn before. It was a pain in the rear. It pretty much played like a Substitute/Protect Gliscor, except that I could get over the status by swapping out...and let more of those darn hazards stack.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Breloom's my favorite subseeder, nothing else.

I've been having quite a bit of fun using Subseed Ludicolo lately, which is just a huge pain in the *** if you're playing against in.

Sceptile is the fastest decent SubSeeder

Since there is no objection for any tier of subseeding, Shaymin-S
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    Since there is no objection for any tier of subseeding, Shaymin-S
    Basically any Scarfer OHKOes it before it can get a Leech Seed in and Sub. ScarfOgre can live a Seed Flare and Ice Beam you into oblivion. Zekrom OHKOes with Bolt Strike, I'm pretty sure. Reshiram, let's not even go there.

Quote Originally Posted by jle1076 View Post
    Sceptile is the fastest decent SubSeeder
    SubSeed Shaymin-S sort of sucks for the reasons listed above, but it's better and faster than Sceptile.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

^It loves to run it's offensive sets, as it's Subs will never really last long in Ubers. But it loves smashing them Grass-Types with 60% flinch Air Slash.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I meant that as my favorite. Since it does say that in the thread.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Subseed Shaymin S is a monster. It forces tons of switches because its so scary and totally craps on "counters" with Subseed.

Subseed Ferro is so good, I won a massive stall war with it once.
    Basically, so long as hazards are up and it has Power Whip, it can survive forever ^u^

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

yeah but you need Shaymin-S for better stuff

I don't utilize this strategy personally, but I like Whimsicott the most for this role.

Personally, in OU I like using Shaymin, as it can help lure in and deal with Scizor, once they realise it's SubSeed, and then their Scizor's gone for the rest of the match. It also has powerful moves that can do damage, while it can outlast Dragonite, as well as many others.

I liked running SubSeed Venusaur in the Sun at one point. First turn you'd Sleep Powder, then Sub as they switch out, and then set a Leech on them. It could deal with any opposing grass types with a sun boosted Hidden Power [Fire], letting it lure in certain threats such as Ferrothorn, who thought it was safe to wall.

Other SubSeeders don't catch my eye because they have no interesting features. Breloom is the only one other than those two (and personally I don't think Venusaur is good, it's just fun) that seems remotely interesting, as it can actually KO some stuff, unlike Whimsicott.

I like Breloom cuz of it's typing and it's attack stats

Ferry got more annoying with Sleep Talk, so I go with Ferrothorn.

Although it isn't used much, I think serperior does a pretty good job. It is good with speed and defenses, which makes it even better. I also think Jumpluff has some potential.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Gotta say breloom.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Nah, Breloom doesn't get the title. I mean, sure, it's pretty good with Poison Heal and whatnot, but really Breloom should be doing other stuff. Namely punching things.

I would say Ludicolo. In the Rain, with Rain Dish, it recovers as much as Breloom does and it has the advantage of better defences, arguably better typing and Ice Beam to deal with Grass Types that are immune to Leech Seed. Ferrothorn? What Ferrothorn?

Ice Cold Fire

Yeah I'd have to say ludicolo in the rain takes the cake in subseeding

TMP Symbols:

Ludicolo seems like the best, but I really, really hate rain teams.

I've had the most fun with Jumpluff. It relies on Sleep Powder landing to work, but once it has that free turn its momentum's pretty hard to break without a grass Pokemon to counter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast