Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 167

Thread: Clash of the Connoisseurs! (741)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,136

    Default

    Can the Cilan fans please calm down and can someone please answer what was said about Opelucid city?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Can the Cilan fans please calm down and can someone please answer what was said about Opelucid city?
    I don't know what was said, else I'd tell you. XDDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Hm, Dent seemed really excited about going to Tachiwaki City. I wonder why.....

    Apparently the Gym in Soryuu City is closed. Iris was really pleased about not going there.

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I knew it. You're a Cilan stan. We discussed this topic before, and you claimed to be neutral, but I knew all along that you only cared about your fave, which is why you spent so much time defending him. So you'll have to forgive me if I disagree with your assessment; there was nothing lovable about him in this episode.
    Nah, I'm just a positive person who never cares what the writers do with the show. I love all characters equally, it is just Dent stands out the most form me. The reason why I love Dent is because he makes me smile and laugh, nothing more nothing less. Plus I admire his optimism. But all in all every character I have respect for:- Iris, Satoshi, the rivals, I enjoy them all in their own way. And same goes for the Pokémon as well, but the one Pokémon who stands out the most for me is Satoshi's Mijumaru. So yeah there's one human who stands out for me from the rest and one Pokémon.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 24th May 2012 at 8:16 PM.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Apparently the Gym in Soryuu City is closed. Iris was really pleased about not going there.
    Thank you. I hope it's just closed for a while and not permanently.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I don't know what was said, else I'd tell you. XDDD
    Then why did you even bother replying to his post. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Hm, Dent seemed really excited about going to Tachiwaki City. I wonder why.....

    Apparently the Gym in Soryuu City is closed. Iris was really pleased about not going there.
    Are you serious? The Gym is closed? Talk about cheap. I thought Ash would discover that the other Gym was closer or something, so he'd skip the Opelucid City Gym in favor of the other Gym. This new development just seems like lazy writing. It shouldn't upset me, but it does for some reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Nah, I'm just a positive person who never cares what the writers do with the show. I love all characters equally, it's just Dent stands out the most form me. Dent makes me smile and laugh. When a character has that effect on me of course I'll love them. It's like you with Mijumaru. Also I admire is optimism.
    Please don't bring up Oshawott. I may like him, but I don't constantly talk about him; it's other people who keep bringing him up because they're obsessed with him evolving. And you can't seriously say that you treat everyone equally, when at the same time you admitted that Cilan stands out the most for you.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Talk about a waste of time. And people wonder why I've stopped following this series.
    Then why are you still here?
    -

    Anyway, I do wish we got more Burgundy development. She deserves it.

    oh and btw guys the word "stans" is really stupid, imo.

    Random : PokéRadar


  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Please don't bring up Oshawott.
    I'm sorry I knew that didn't make sense so I edited my post. But I guess I was too late, huh?

    I've corrected my post above. And no that's not an attempt at anything, I really do love Oshawott.

    Also I have never brought up Cilan when the subject doesn't even involve Cilan, only when it does.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    detroit MI
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I have a feeling that iris is hiding something from ash maybe she know who the opelucid city gym leader is and don't want ash go to that city just like how misty almost did the same thing in season 1 i am guessing if the writer reuse that idea then iris is from opelucid city that what i am guessing.
    i am a ash/misty fan

    [IMG] ash and misty

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    So where exactly is Tachiwaki City in the anime?

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Training for my gym battle with Clemont after swapping out a few of my pokémon
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    I somehow think the fact the Opelucid gym is closed is going to become an important point brought up later. So I wouldn't get disappointed about that yet, for those of you who are.

    Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. I have decided, however, that all Connoisseurs are just plain strange. All of them. There was sniffing everywhere, and I was like, "I can't understand, what?" Cilan's probably the most normal of the bunch, and that's saying a lot, because he can be quite ... out there, sometimes. I think that's part of his appeal as a character though.

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Please don't bring up Oshawott. I may like him, but I don't constantly talk about him; it's other people who keep bringing him up because they're obsessed with him evolving. And you can't seriously say that you treat everyone equally, when at the same time you admitted that Cilan stands out the most for you.
    Geez, I don't want to intervene, but just let people do their own thing. If Raptor_Crow wants to like Cilan, then let him like Cilan. Everyone has their faves, but there are many who find all the characters likeable. That's the vibe I'm getting from Raptor in this conversation.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmp1114 View Post
    I have a feeling that iris is hiding something from ash maybe she know who the opelucid city gym leader is and don't want ash go to that city just like how misty almost did the same thing in season 1 i am guessing if the writer reuse that idea then iris is from opelucid city that what i am guessing.
    But that still doesn't make any sense on why she wouldn't be more happy that he wasn't going to the gym. I mean Iris knew what Ash was doing since day one. Collecting badges from gymleaders. So what would she think was going to happe, that he wouldn't want an eigth badge? I don't see why she would be nervous about him battle Drayden unless she was/is the gymleader. If not, than I don't see why she would care. He would be a gymleader like Brycen and all the others that they came across.

    And I must say that I love all Cilan episodes. But this one had alot of stuff I didn't like.

    -Cilan wining with the Snorlax bug. I was hoping for some more drama.
    -Burgundy staying in the shadows.
    -Cilan picking one of the most uglist Pokemon from the batch for the girl to have.
    -The designs of the girl and the guy was just aweful.

    My ideal battle ever!

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But that still doesn't make any sense on why she wouldn't be more happy that he wasn't going to the gym. I mean Iris knew what Ash was doing since day one. Collecting badges from gymleaders. So what would she think was going to happe, that he wouldn't want an eigth badge? I don't see why she would be nervous about him battle Drayden unless she was/is the gymleader. If not, than I don't see why she would care. He would be a gymleader like Brycen and all the others that they came across.

    And I must say that I love all Cilan episodes. But this one had alot of stuff I didn't like.

    -Cilan wining with the Snorlax bug. I was hoping for some more drama.
    -Burgundy staying in the shadows.
    -Cilan picking one of the most uglist Pokemon from the batch for the girl to have.
    -The designs of the girl and the guy was just aweful.
    Well, Cilan didn't really pick her Pokemon. The girl already had.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    I bet that Dento wants to go to Tachiwaki City for the ice cream.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  14. #64
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    Geez, I don't want to intervene, but just let people do their own thing. If Raptor_Crow wants to like Cilan, then let him like Cilan. Everyone has their faves, but there are many who find all the characters likeable. That's the vibe I'm getting from Raptor in this conversation.
    You misunderstand. I'm not saying it's wrong to like certain characters. I'm just saying that I know which character he prefers, so if we ever talk about Cilan again, I'll know what to expect from him. But you don't know the real Cilan stans like I do. You have to watch out for them, because they love to oppress characters like Iris and Burgundy. The latter character really needed some development in this episode, but she was used like a tool and then discarded. It's sickening to be honest. She could have easily had Pinot Noir's role, but instead the writers decided to create a new character and have Burgundy appear for the lulz.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Realm of Light
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    Maybe Drayden is the Opelucid Gym Leader, but Iris isn't ready to face him yet.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

    Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    Maybe Drayden is the Opelucid Gym Leader, but Iris isn't ready to face him yet.
    Iris has no real need to face him.

    Random : PokéRadar


  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    You misunderstand. I'm not saying it's wrong to like certain characters. I'm just saying that I know which character he prefers, so if we ever talk about Cilan again, I'll know what to expect from him. But you don't know the real Cilan stans like I do. You have to watch out for them, because they love to oppress characters like Iris and Burgundy.
    And hey have I ever oppressed Iris and Burgundy. No really have I? I enjoy Iris for her wild side, her ninja like skills, being able to understand the hearts of dragons and whenever she shows she's no less of a kid after calling other people kids. Iris has lots of unique aspects and I always look at those when I view her character, I can never understand those Mary Sue comments Iris gets. And Burgundy's constant raging at Cilan is just brilliant. I love how much she hates his composure and that she is unable to get under Cilan's skin, Cilan is always so nice and helpful to Burgundy and she hates it, it's fantastic. She pretends not to listen but does so anyway. Burgundy brings out the fun side of the rivals and that's why I love that girl.

    Now I don't speak your 'language', but, from what I've gathered, a stans would also go out their way to defend their favourite character. Am I right? And well I've never done that, I never care about any negative comments Cilan gets because 1. I respect everybody's opinions and 2. as long as I love Cilan that's what matters to me. I really want Cilan to get character development - the reveal of his Purrloin phobia is still open up for that - and at the same time I enjoy everything the writers do with his character. When I said Cilan stands out for me it doesn't mean I don't like or respect every other character equally, it just means he stands out for me as in I enjoy his character a lot, that's it. In fact I can never actually hate anyone.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 24th May 2012 at 10:25 PM.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,234

    Default

    What's the point in giving Cilan rivals if they're jokes that have been reduced to old school Team Rocket status? What's the point of giving him a problem to overcome if he overcomes it with little to no difficulty?

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    What's the point in giving Cilan rivals if they're jokes that have been reduced to old school Team Rocket status? What's the point of giving him a problem to overcome if he overcomes it with little to no difficulty?
    *shrugs*

    At least he's fun, I guess.


  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    What's the point in giving Cilan rivals if they're jokes that have been reduced to old school Team Rocket status? What's the point of giving him a problem to overcome if he overcomes it with little to no difficulty?
    That basically sums up what a lot of people feel Cilan lacks as a character. He doesn't appear to have too much depth to him, doesn't struggle or seem relatable sometimes. Oh well, I'm just glad that despite all the hate for Pinot that people dumped on him for no reason the guy actually left on good terms with Cilan.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    672

    Default

    I knew I was going to enjoy Pinot Noir before this episode aired, I thought he would give me Harley vibes and I wasn't wrong.

    He has such a snooty design and yet he is such a fabulous werido at the same time that I really want Pinot Noir to come back.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,860

    Default

    I liked the episode. Pinot Noir was super creepy but also hilarious (dat strut!) and it was nice to see Burgundy again. A solid comedic episode with an unexciting battle. Oh well, we all knew who would win that one anyway.

    I didn't like how randomly Ash was diverted from the Opelucid Gym though.

        Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,154

    Default

    Why did they focus on Pinot Noir shaking his behind with that odd music? Seriously that was just disgusting.. but aside from that I wouldn't mind seeing him again he seems more entertaining than Burgundy.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    I actually liked this episode even though it was mainly a filler, I know people are going start saying stuff like "we found out Ash is not going to Opelucid so it's not a filler" but personally, that was only a small part albeit a significant one so I'll just called it a semi-filler episode favoring the filler side...anywho, I like this episode, christle got to shine again and it actually showed the speed boost from shell smash rather than just the attack increase with an epic OHKO and we got to see Cilan dig into his knowledge of grass pokemon, his main type...however, the voice for that little girl just plain didn't fit...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

    Future Omega Ruby Team:

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    672

    Default

    I just realized something rather funny (or so) about this episode, despite it being focused on Pokémon Sommeliers Dent never once acted smug or over-dramatic with many sparkles like he usually does (heck Dent even got a short sparkly moment during the Pod episode). We never even got to hear "It's Tasting Time!" from Dent followed by Iris calling him "a pain", nope that role was given to Pinot Noir instead. In fact the only times Dent reacted in an over-the-top manner was when he freaked out at Choroneko and being all excited about going to Tachiwaki City with neither of those having anything to do with him as a Pokémon Sommelier. The only scene we saw near a drama moment from Dent was during his imagination spot, however it was the most laid back out of his imagination spots so far. I guess Pinot Noir was enough for a smug and dramatic Pokémon Sommelier.

    Dent's composure is amazing, even though the sight of Choroneko caused him to quake in his shoes he knew he had to take the battle in his stride.

    Found out after Pinot Noir sniffed Dent's hand Pinot told Dent he had an immature (which was literally a pun on grass-smelling) and unskillful aroma.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 25th May 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •