Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Clash of the Connoisseurs! (741)

i wonder when burgundy blasted off and ash said "Im sure I heard that before" if he was referencing team rocket.
    Friends are family you choose

What was Richard's full name?
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    i wonder when burgundy blasted off and ash said "Im sure I heard that before" if he was referencing team rocket.
    I hope so. That was my favorite moment from the whole episode.
    This conversation needs more Ignitionshipping.
    --------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    I always felt that Burgundy was the comic relief "villain" that could fill the void left by TR.

I miss the references to past seasons that were so frequent in Sinnoh and seem so rare in Unova. Looking forward to the references that are still to come in the future.
    Last edited by cg19293; 22nd September 2012 at 8:00 PM.

When introduced we heard Ricard's last name.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

OMG! Marigold was soooo cute

Loved Ash's Team Rocket refrence.

Anyway else noticed at the end when Ash said "Virbank City Gym" He seemed to say Burbank for some reason?
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

Well I loved that episode, but first we find out that the opelucid gym is closed and Iris is very pleased with that news. I wonder why she is so keen to stay away.

Anyway, into the main body of the episode and it focuses on Cilan and his Connoisseur talent which will be used to pick the first pokemon for a little girl named marigold. It leads to a battle between Cilan and a rival 'A' Class connoisseur named Ricard and the winner will chose marigold's pokemon. Cilan wins and chooses a pokemon nobody else could dream of and it turns out to be Marigold's best friend in the garden; a foongus. I just wanted to add Burgandy's participation in this episode was brilliant and the Team Rocket reference to her blast off from Ash had me beaming from ear-to-ear.

The episode ends with Ash deciding to go to Virbank City which is exciting! Can't wait to see what goes on there which means on to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    When introduced we heard Ricard's last name.
    His name is Ricard Nouveau

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Okay Pinot Noir / Ricard Nouveau was even creepier in the dub. All these snotty rich people accents were hilarious.

I loved Ash's reference to Team Rocket's blast offs.

Random : PokéRadar

I loved Marigold's father's voice. It was just so... hilariously over the top snooty.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I loved Marigold's father's voice. It was just so... hilariously over the top snooty.
    His voice is the voice heard in my mind for Redd White from Phoenix wright Ace Attorney
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

I wish they kept his name as Pinot Noir, since it's hilarious in itself, but at least the dub pays attention to detail.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

This was an ok episode. Rather interesting, but nothing particular special.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Wow, for an episode with low pre-expectations, this episode was definitely well made. xD

Too bad to hear that the Opelucid Gym is closed, and Iris is relieved about that. Wonder why...

This was a good episode for Cilan to get focus upon. His miniature rivalry with Ricard was quite unique.

Oh hey! I forgot Cilan still has a fear over Purrloin. Totally left my memory since we last saw a Purrloin on the show.

LOL YES. Burgundy blasting off into the sky... wow. Memories man. It's been forever since that happened with Team Rocket. Ash making a vague reference to that was a huge throwback. Burgundy herself we well put in this episode. Definitely a great non-tournament spot for her.

Marigold had some sparkling eyes...

The butler recommends to Ash to head for the Virbank Gym, and Cilan seems very eager to go there. I also wonder why.

This is the beginning of a new turn in the BW saga.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

James just lose his title as most unhet pokeguy

It should be noted that this episode is not a filler as we got introduced into more on what Pokémon Connoisseurs - who are canon - do.

As well as finding out Opelucid Gym is closed and the group will be going to Virbank City so Ash can challenge the Virbank Gym instead.

Back when before this episode aired in Japan people were speculating it becoming a joke episode were Marigold picks Foongus over Cilan's and Ricard's choices or Burgundy picks Foongus and Marigold goes with that which was just all completely laughable as it did not make any sense. Doing his job as a Pokémon Connoisseur is a serious profession for Cilan, what this episode served was to show exactly why Cilan is an A-class Pokémon Connoisseur (this is the second time we've seen this, the first being when he helped Chili and Pansear out). It's not like Cilan's many other Connoisseur hobbies which are there for fun, therefore this episode should never have been all one big joke and thankfully the writers did it the correct way like I expected them to do.

Besides why not the suggestion of an episode that effects Iris's goal as a Dragon Master being a joke? Because that is a serious thing? Well, so was this.

Anyway, I loved Cilan in this episode because it reminded you that he's a very kind person. You knew he would never force Marigold into something she didn't want from the moment you noticed Cilan's concerned look over Marigold's reaction of having a Lilipup chosen for her. Plus of course there is once again being reminded of why Cilan is an A-class Pokémon Connoisseur. I think the reason why Cilan doesn't go into dramatic over-the-top sparkle mode when he's helping out as a Pokémon Connoisseur as opposed to battling as one is because Cilan takes his job seriously, he knows he has to focus on the task at hand. I recalled Cilan having one sparkling moment when he was helping Chili, but that was when Cilan was describing just how great Chili's and Pansear's bond is, the rest of the episode Cilan was 'well behaved'. Meanwhile Ricard is the complete opposite, he acts fabulous even when doing a task.

Also I enjoyed Ricard Nouveau, he was such a fabulously great guy. I hope he will appear again as Cilan does need a rival who can give him a challange.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 24th September 2012 at 1:05 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

I hope this guy comes back, he was amusing and I want him to represent an actual threat to Cilan which could hopefully lead to some development.

Though I do dislike how Burgundy blasted off. :/

Ricard would most likely have learned from their battle should the two meet and battle again as Cilan only won because he used great unpredictability.

Pokémon Connoisseurs are fantastic characters; Cilan's over-the-topness, Ricard being a fabulous freak and Burgundy's rage, all of them entertain me.

What Burgundy makes up for her lack of matching up to Cilan's skill she has in her personality. It's what helps Burgundy to stay as a notable character.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    What Burgundy makes up for her lack of matching up to Cilan's skill she has in her personality. It's what helps Burgundy to stay as a notable character.
    I guess it does, but I still would have liked ... if, for example, if Burgundy had found the right Pokémon for the girl.

That would show that perhaps there's more to Burgundy than we can see and set her up for improvement.

What Burgundy basically needs to do is learn that constantly screaming revenge at Cilan is not going to get her anywhere in becoming better than him.

And also to take her other opponents seriously. Once Burgundy learns all of this then she has a chance for improvement (not just in her battling skills).

In other words Burgundy put a hindrance on herself, even if Burgundy was telling the truth about Cilan her revenge-base attitude will never get her far.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 24th September 2012 at 1:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I hope this guy comes back, he was amusing and I want him to represent an actual threat to Cilan which could hopefully lead to some development.

Though I do dislike how Burgundy blasted off. :/
    He needs to come back, he has a Purrloin. XDDD

But really though, Burgundy finding the right Pokemon would be silly. I want to see something happen to Dento because he's the main character, not about Burgundy finding the right Pokemon. :/ I loved this episode a lot, and a lot of it was because the favors were turned towards Pinot Noir I'll never learn to spell Ricard...Nnfdjkfnghag today. Like, even Marigold's father was saying that Noir must win under any circumstance...which wow. Dento didn't even suggest a Pokemon at that time. :/
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I'll never learn to spell Ricard...Nnfdjkfnghag today.
    Ricard will do. Speaking of whom, I do hope he returns someday only with 90% less booty shaking.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Loved when burgundy blasted off and Ash's reaction

Where have i heard that before?

LOL loved the homage to the old team rocket blasting off nod lol

This episode reminded me alot of season one indigo epiodes
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 24th September 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Is anyone hoping we'll meet a B-Class or an S-Class Connoisseur soon?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

That Team Rocket reference, a new reason to give the writers props.
    But Richard should return, I know we've yet to see him in **** ****** *, but you may never know.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast