Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Clash of the Connoisseurs! (741)

Nice, a great episode. Too bad Opelucid Gym is closed, so Virbank Gym this time. The reference of Burgundy blasting off in a similar fashion to Team Rocket was nice, as well. The battle between Cilan and Ricard was pretty quick, and I knew Cilan would pick a good Pokémon for Marigold.

the reason why cilan is so excited about going to virbank city: what is one of virbank's crowning landmarks? pokestar studios! what is one of cilan's favorite things? movies of course!

This episode is so boring, burgundy had no reason to be in this & Ricard is just another in a long line of jerk smug trainers of the week. Can we please finally get an explanation as to why Cilan doesn't like Purrloin, the whole being afraid of certain Pokemon meme got tired all the way back in season 1. Being afraid of something without an explanation is not funny comedy. So the writers had written themselves into a corner by not expounding on Iris's character and her goal to become a Dragon master, so what do they do we conveniently close Opelucid Gym in order to cover up our mistakes and hey look were going to promote BW2.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Let me just say that this episode was needed for the sole purpose of showing off what else Pokémon Connoisseur's can do. Therefore it's not filler.

To be more precise- It's not a filler in between two canon events; Finding out Opelucid Gym is closed in the start, going to Virbank City in the end.

I mean we were going to find more about them eventually. That's for anyone who thought this episode wasn't needed as Cilan got no development.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

I hope that another character doesn't look this horrible again. What happened to the normality of COTD desgins?

My ideal battle ever!

The COTD were all hideous, the episode was boring. Burgundy was annoying as usual. The battle was one-sided. Crustle could have gotten a much better battle than that. Cilan was sniffing the entire place like a dog.

Bad episode.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Cilan was sniffing the entire place like a dog.
    But Dento sniffing the place like a dog made the episode. D=

It kind of scared me a little. xD

Maybe it is a bit weird. xD But I got a nostalgia rush to a video that was recorded when I was like 3 or something.

Dad: Can you sing your ABC's?
    Me: But daddy I'm a dog!
    Dad: Please, can you sing me your ABC's?
    Me: Nooo I'm a dog!
    Dad: Can you roll over?
    Me: *rolls over*

XDDDDDDD

Yeah...animal lover through and through. XDDD I always thought it'd be Iris who was more in tune with her senses, but Dento apparently has a good sense of smell. xD

A boring filler episode, Im surprised Nurse Joy didn't report the kidnapping. Burgundy is just extremely annoying & embarassing. The little girl was weird looking. All in all nothing exciting happened I guess this is how all Cilan focus episodes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    A boring filler episode, Im surprised Nurse Joy didn't report the kidnapping. Burgundy is just extremely annoying & embarassing. The little girl was weird looking. All in all nothing exciting happened I guess this is how all Cilan focus episodes are.
    It wasn't boring! IT WAS THE CUTEST EPISODE EVER. Like seriously? Is this how non-fangirls view his episodes? I have like an emotional connection to the guy HE GOT ON HIS HANDS AN KNEES AND SNIFFED OUT THE FOONGUS (THAT IS SO PRO.). fjrklgargh They didn't even want Dento to be right. ;-; IT HAD TENSION. I thought that Purrloin would get the best of him. XD

I thought this was a funny episode, but incredibly creepy. I never knew people had an issue with Cilan. He's so over-the-top and out there, it's refreshing to me, so anytime he goes into his it's evaluation time thing or anything like that, I just accept that he's crazy (in a good way) and enjoy it for what it is. This episode was no different, with all the sniffing and odd behaviour. I am curious about his Purrloin fear though, hopefully it's an interesting reason.
    Last edited by Tron Bonne; 25th November 2012 at 4:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Since when is an episode focusing on Dent dream and his showing his Sommelier skills a filler?

I loved this episode. I don't remember if we see that other connoisseur guy again, but it was interesting to see Cilan have *two* fellow connoisseurs around and all three of them trying to find a good pokemon for the little girl. Burgundy's always a hoot, too. The driver manhandling Cilan into the car was funny too. The little girl's animation was a little... creepy, though. I think it's those big black eyes, they just look odd.

8/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I liked this episode. I hope we don't see Richard again though.

Default "Clash of the Connoisseurs!"

After beating the Icirrus City Gym Leader Brycen and winning the Freeze badge, Ash and Co. arrives in Opelucid City....only to find the Opelucid Gym closed. So the group decides to go Virbank City so Ash can challenge the Virbank Gym instead. But then a with limousine pulls up in front of the group and a man comes out of it, asking for Cilan. When Cilan introduced himself, the man forcefully throws them in the limo. Tbh I thought he was kidnapping them or something until the man said that his master a.k.a Mr. Hatterly requested a skilled Pokémon Connoisseur and his pick is Cilan. I liked seeing Burgundy again, it was funny how she was banging her head on the entrance gate for getting the permission to help Mr. Hatterly. Being a 'C' class connoisseur must be awful to her. She made me LOL many times in this episode.

It turns out that Cilan wasn't the only 'A' class connoisseur who's is invited by Mr. Hatterly, there was another 'A' class connoisseur named Ricard Nouveau. Tbh Ricard's appearance creeped me out. It's weird when he was shacking himself like that, it was even more weird when he sniffed Cilan's hand. Cilan didn't seem to like it at all.

Mr. Hatterly explained he called the connoisseurs because it's time for his daughter Marigold to have her first Pokémon, so he needs the connoisseurs to pick a perfect first Pokémon for her. I liked Marigold, she was kinda cute.

Seeing "the legendary S class connoisseur" Burgundy.....I mean Fauxgundy was funny and weird at the same time. It's creepy when she he bagan sniffing Marigold all over, making her freak out. It's funny when Lilipup revealed Burgundy's C class badge and the butler threw her out.

I liked the battle between Cilan and Ricard. Even though he was afraid of Ricard's Purrloin, it's cool how he won the battle with Crustle. It's funny when Burgundy blasted off and Ash made a comment about it. It was nice to see Cilan figuring out who would be the best Pokémon for Marigold, it showed his connoisseur skills.

Overall, it was an interesting episode focusing on Cilan and his connisseur skills, I enjoyed Cilan's rivalry with Ricard. Tbh I think Ricard would've been a good rival for him, but sadly he didn't appear again after this episode.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I'm so glad that Cilan done well in Pokemon Connoisseur Association. Defeating Ricard and to help the young girl who choose the pokemon that is best suited for her. Sending Burgundy into a blast off? Serve her right. At this rate, Cilan will be promoted to the S-Class connoisseur in not time. Keep up the good work Cilan sweetie. As for Burgundy, she needs to be demoted (like demoted to mop-up duty) for forcing fellow trainers like Ash and Iris to give up their pokemon that they cared about instead of helping them strengthen their bond, her bad evaluations and ignoring the duties of C-Class to assist the A or S-Class. Or any kind of punishment to throw at that stuck-up connaisseuse.
    Last edited by Shego; 31st January 2014 at 12:47 AM.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567