Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1537

Thread: Best Wishes 2 Opening - "Be An Arrow" (sung by Rica Matsumoto)

  1. #1101
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Why only Misty and Brock? May and Max would be in such a shot too, lets not have any Kanto trio favourtism here. And rivals like Gary and Paul would probably be there too.
    If someone prefers Misty and Brock over others, he will surely rather want to see them over others. Its in human nature to have their favorites, but ok objectively speaking everyone should get recognition. Though going by absence and untapped potential since Misty has been gone the longest, naturally she should have priority in coming back over others .

    And from advertizing point since Misty and Brock are in new games, it makes more sense to include them than those which don't exist in BW2.
    Just like its more adequate to include May over others when RS remakes gets released.

  2. #1102
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,910

    Default

    I think its pretty damn obvious advertising means nothing for who comes back.

    Dawn's not in the BW2 games at all. So if it were advertising we wouldn't be seeing Dawn right now.

  3. #1103
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I always imagined that Krokorok would evolve by getting over his sunglasses since Krookodile's eyes are kinda supposed to look like the shades Squirtle has, but he actually seems to keep them. Hopefully the opening is changed/updated after the tournament, I'd hate if that was the league team. I mean, come on, at least give him Seismitoad and I'd be pretty happy.
    Maybe Krokorok somehow evolves as early as in BWS2 episode 2 cause he is present there.

    I definitely liked the music, already made my own lyrics based on Bulbapedias translation so I can sing that. : )
    Well, his team does seem balanced out in the last shot of the opening.

    Base: 3
    - Snivy, Oshawott, Scraggy
    1st Stage: 4
    - Pikachu, Pignite, Palpitoad, Boldore
    2nd Stage: 3
    - Unfezant, Leavanny, Krookodile

    Though I can see Oshawott evolving, and then Palpitoad evolving as fitting as well:

    Base: 2 - Same as Sinnoh
    - Snivy and Scraggy
    1st Stage: 4 = No change from the number of 1stages in the opening
    - Pikachu, Dewott, Pignite, Boldore
    Fully evolved: 4 = Same as Sinnoh
    - Unfezant, Leavanny, Seismitoad, Krookodile

    But in the same sense, Scraggy can evolve while Oshawott doesn't, and then we would still have the same numbers.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  4. #1104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think its pretty damn obvious advertising means nothing for who comes back.

    Dawn's not in the BW2 games at all. So if it were advertising we wouldn't be seeing Dawn right now.
    She's not in the anime to advertise the current games, though. She's there making an appearance in a similar vein as Misty and May - one saga after she left. So, no, it's not obvious that advertising means nothing. Why did Lyra appear in Sinnoh? Why did Dawn receive a Cyndaquil? Advertising.

  5. #1105
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Well, his team does seem balanced out in the last shot of the opening.

    Base: 3
    - Snivy, Oshawott, Scraggy
    1st Stage: 4
    - Pikachu, Pignite, Palpitoad, Boldore
    2nd Stage: 3
    - Unfezant, Leavanny, Krookodile

    Though I can see Oshawott evolving, and then Palpitoad evolving as fitting as well:

    Base: 2 - Same as Sinnoh
    - Snivy and Scraggy
    1st Stage: 4 = No change from the number of 1stages in the opening
    - Pikachu, Dewott, Pignite, Boldore
    Fully evolved: 4 = Same as Sinnoh
    - Unfezant, Leavanny, Seismitoad, Krookodile

    But in the same sense, Scraggy can evolve while Oshawott doesn't, and then we would still have the same numbers.
    I still say that Pikachu is in its Basic Stage.

    Baby Stage > Basic Stage [Mantyke > Mantine]
    Baby Stage > Basic Stage > Stage 1 [Pichu > Pikachu > Raichu]
    Basic Stage > Stage 1 [Scraggy > Scrafty]
    Basic Stage > Stage 1 > Stage 2 [Piplup > Prinplup > Empoleon]

    Random : PokéRadar


  6. #1106
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    479

    Default

    When the DP Specials appeared in Feb. 2011 we have the Anime Soundtrack Collection release at about the same time. The tie in could have been for people to remember the songs they liked to hear during the older series.

    Now Dawn is coming back again and one of the songs in the BW Season 2 mini album is Kimi no Mune La La La... Which is the last DP ending, and apparently had some relation to the DP trio splitting up.

    Overall the company doesn't miss any opportunity to advertise something in connection to the anime.

  7. #1107
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I still say that Pikachu is in its Basic Stage.

    Baby Stage > Basic Stage [Mantyke > Mantine]
    Baby Stage > Basic Stage > Stage 1 [Pichu > Pikachu > Raichu]
    Basic Stage > Stage 1 [Scraggy > Scrafty]
    Basic Stage > Stage 1 > Stage 2 [Piplup > Prinplup > Empoleon]
    No matter how many people say this, it still bugs me because makes no sense. Basic is a term used to describe the first step from nothingness.. For example when you buy a car, the basic version is the bog standard vehicle, no added perks or anything. It'll have a cd player, possibly air con and come on steel wheels, whereas the next stage may have the first two, but with added bluetooth, sat nav and alloy wheels.

    See where i'm coming from? There is no step before basic, since before that there is nothing. If Pikachu was a basic Pokemon, that would mean that Pichu does not exist. Pichu is the basic model, no added perks. It's upgraded version is Pikachu, who can learn more moves and is at a better strength. There's no other way of describing it and it makes no sense any other way.

    IF a Pokemon starts out at Basic stage, but then gets a pre-evolution further down the line (like Pikachu), then that Pokemon is upgraded to 1st stage, as the Pre-evolution is the new Basic model.

    Basic > 1st Stage > 2nd Stage..
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  8. #1108
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I always imagined that Krokorok would evolve by getting over his sunglasses since Krookodile's eyes are kinda supposed to look like the shades Squirtle has, but he actually seems to keep them. Hopefully the opening is changed/updated after the tournament, I'd hate if that was the league team. I mean, come on, at least give him Seismitoad and I'd be pretty happy.
    Maybe Krokorok somehow evolves as early as in BWS2 episode 2 cause he is present there.
    I definitely liked the music, already made my own lyrics based on Bulbapedias translation so I can sing that. : )
    He might get over his sunglasses being neccessary for battle still, but keep the sunglasses since he still likes them.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

    My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

  9. #1109
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    No matter how many people say this, it still bugs me because makes no sense. Basic is a term used to describe the first step from nothingness.. For example when you buy a car, the basic version is the bog standard vehicle, no added perks or anything. It'll have a cd player, possibly air con and come on steel wheels, whereas the next stage may have the first two, but with added bluetooth, sat nav and alloy wheels.

    See where i'm coming from? There is no step before basic, since before that there is nothing. If Pikachu was a basic Pokemon, that would mean that Pichu does not exist. Pichu is the basic model, no added perks. It's upgraded version is Pikachu, who can learn more moves and is at a better strength. There's no other way of describing it and it makes no sense any other way.

    IF a Pokemon starts out at Basic stage, but then gets a pre-evolution further down the line (like Pikachu), then that Pokemon is upgraded to 1st stage, as the Pre-evolution is the new Basic model.

    Basic > 1st Stage > 2nd Stage..
    It's Pokemon logic...why fight it?

    I agree with _Taidow_ Pikachu for me will always be that basic stage Pokemon, even more because even if it was a Pichu once in it's life, how would we have known that in the first series?
    So yeah, Ash's team is still lacking in terms of league strength. Hoenn and Sinnoh both raised the bar on this standard though
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  10. #1110
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Damage? Maybe Pikachu did a bit to Alder's Bouffalant, but Axew...Garchomp just shrugged it all off
    When Axew learned the new move, it did Damage.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  11. #1111
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,465

    Default

    I would disagree about Hoenn raising the bar, since in Ash's team there were only 4 evolutions.. it only seemed so great because Torkoal couldn't evolve, Swellow and Glalie only took a single stage to be fully evolved and Corphish was the only basic stage Pokemon left that could.

    I also disagree with Unova needing to raise the bar, since as of Krookodile, it wouldve already surpassed Sinnoh in terms of evolutions. It only seems worse because there's more Pokemon, which means more of the lesser stages, despite there also being the same amount in the 2nd stage.

    Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, Gliscor - 7 evolutions
    Leavanny, Unfezant, Krookodile, Boldore, Pignite - 8 evolutions (Ash was not only present, but also responsible for Sandile's evolution, so yes its included).

    Pokemon above basic stage in Sinnoh: 5.. leaving 2 basic
    Pokemon above basic stage in Unova: 7.. leaving 3 basic

    ..and that's only up until the World Tournament, who knows what the situation will be by the league.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  12. #1112
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    When Axew learned the new move, it did Damage.
    Nothing important...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  13. #1113
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Here's the translated lyrics of the opening with matching scenes. A lot of the lyrics are references to characters in the series.

        Spoiler:- Be an Arrow translation/scenes:

  14. #1114
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Nothing important...
    Um he did damage to a champions pokemon and learned a new move. Half of Paul's pokemon couldn't even touch Garchomp.

    It was important lol, especially considering how young Kibago is.

    If that was Scraggy people would be praising it for days -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  15. #1115
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,465

    Default

    Axew just caught Garchomp off guard with the learning of Giga Impact; that doesn't mean Garchomp was affected by it. We've seen lots of Pokemon take big hits and then stand after, as if it didn't even phase them.. and thats all that happened with Garchomp and Axew. A big hit that looked like it may have done something, but really didn't.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  16. #1116
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Axew just caught Garchomp off guard with the learning of Giga Impact; that doesn't mean Garchomp was affected by it. We've seen lots of Pokemon take big hits and then stand after, as if it didn't even phase them.. and thats all that happened with Garchomp and Axew. A big hit that looked like it may have done something, but really didn't.
    How do you know it did nothing?? Right afterwards it went to Kibago getting praised and then straight into Dragon Claw. I'm not saying it did a lot but it did some kind of damage which is an accomplishment in itself. Even getting a hit is a big deal.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  17. #1117
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Axew just caught Garchomp off guard with the learning of Giga Impact; that doesn't mean Garchomp was affected by it. We've seen lots of Pokemon take big hits and then stand after, as if it didn't even phase them.. and thats all that happened with Garchomp and Axew. A big hit that looked like it may have done something, but really didn't.
    Garchomp took damage, it's just not a pokemon you can take down with one big hit, especially when you're the small size Axew is.

  18. #1118
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    I love the lyrics! especially this part "Even if we become separated, it doesn't mean a thing"

  19. #1119
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Um he did damage to a champions pokemon and learned a new move. Half of Paul's pokemon couldn't even touch Garchomp.

    It was important lol, especially considering how young Kibago is.

    If that was Scraggy people would be praising it for days -_-.
    Actually only Weavile couldn't touch it. xD

    Considering how badly Iris is written, it's not surprising or important that Axew pulled yet another overly powerful move out of it's ***.

    That's because Scraggy is the better pokemon.

  20. #1120
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,910

    Default

    I can see this opening being massively updated. That whole Movie 15 promotion scene is probably the first to be replaced after the movie. After Dawn leaves I can see that whole last sequence being replaced as well.

    I also wonder why they feature that Dragonite so heavily in the opening with the wild Pokemon...

  21. #1121
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    No matter how many people say this, it still bugs me because makes no sense. Basic is a term used to describe the first step from nothingness.. For example when you buy a car, the basic version is the bog standard vehicle, no added perks or anything. It'll have a cd player, possibly air con and come on steel wheels, whereas the next stage may have the first two, but with added bluetooth, sat nav and alloy wheels.

    See where i'm coming from? There is no step before basic, since before that there is nothing. If Pikachu was a basic Pokemon, that would mean that Pichu does not exist. Pichu is the basic model, no added perks. It's upgraded version is Pikachu, who can learn more moves and is at a better strength. There's no other way of describing it and it makes no sense any other way.

    IF a Pokemon starts out at Basic stage, but then gets a pre-evolution further down the line (like Pikachu), then that Pokemon is upgraded to 1st stage, as the Pre-evolution is the new Basic model.

    Basic > 1st Stage > 2nd Stage..
    The TCG has them as Baby Stage > Basic Stage > Stage 1 > Stage 2 as well in the games.

    Pokemon like Pichu, Magby, Elekid, Azurill, Munchlax are referred to as Baby Pokemon since they cannot breed. They are referred to as the lowest stage. So by that logic, Pikachu would be the "basic stage". In the Those along with the others I didn't mention are the only exceptions to that. Although in a Baby Pokemon's case where it only evolves once is where I get confused. Is the evolved Pokemon referred to Basic Stage or 1st stage?

    And I ask why is this such a big deal in a thread that is about the Best Wishes: Season 2 Opening?
    - Claimed:



    -XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

    Pokemon Y Team:

    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

    3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

  22. #1122
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Las Pegasus
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post
    Here's the translated lyrics of the opening with matching scenes. A lot of the lyrics are references to characters in the series.

        Spoiler:- Be an Arrow translation/scenes:
    Lol, are they flying?. xD
    I really want to see the opening..I can't find it anywhere..x.x
    Nevermind, someone showed me already.
    Last edited by Little Rue; 23rd June 2012 at 6:21 AM.

  23. #1123
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    Hope Krookodile can learn Drill Run. I want to see him burst through the heavens soon.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  24. #1124
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    spokane, washington
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Hope Krookodile can learn Drill Run. I want to see him burst through the heavens soon.
    Sorry to say but it can't anyway on topic the opening was nice and the lyrics were good also I think last scene with Ash Unova team can easily be change for updates.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

  25. #1125
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    Sorry to say but it can't anyway on topic the opening was nice and the lyrics were good also I think last scene with Ash Unova team can easily be change for updates.
    You're forgetting B2W2, unless you know something for a fact, Drill Run is now a move tutor move, true there's no guarantee, but I still think it's possible, until otherwise said.

    Foul Play is also a move tutor move now, so if not Krookodile, maybe Scraggy can learn the move.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •