Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Soul Calibur Disscussion

Default New Soul Calibur Disscussion

Hey everyone,

Im not sure if anyone is out there that loves the soul calibur series, but personally love the Soul Calibur franchise and I started playing around Soul Calibur 3. I play the game alot on my ps3 and thought why not have a Soul Calibur thread for disscussion about experiences and the fun the game brings to everyone. I would like to have a thread disscussion about everything Soul Calibur and can have anything that relates to the game from fighting streatgies, favorite characters of the game, and tips on how to beat the game, and etc. I do have some small rules though to fallow because of serebii forum rules.

What is Soul Calibur?

Its a fighting game that consists of many different fighting styles of the old times with with two major characters nightmare and Siegfried...which use to be the same person in the first soul calibur game...Siegfried was the man with the soul calibur which fought to be free from nighmare which is the master of the soul edge and journey to 6 fabulous games...a small sum up for the game here a links to read more

a trailer for soul calibur V the newest soul calibur game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHyfdTQYW8Q

http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/So...bur_Wiki:About
    its a site all about the games and the characters story backgrounds...

Soul Calibur
    http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Calibur
    list of characters in a link

Soul Calibur II
    http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soulcalibur_II
    this game was multi-plat formed so please remember with rules of forums with this discussion...since it was both a Nintendo and PlayStation and Xbox game...

Soul Calibur III
    http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soulcalibur_III
    list of character in a link

Soul Calibur IV
    http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soulcalibur_IV
    list of character in a link

Soul Calibur broken destinies
    http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/So...Broken_Destiny

Soul Calibur V
    http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soulcalibur_V

any of these games can be discussed in the thread on the game itself, new dlc for the psn network, online battling and you can even post if you like to have other people fight you over the ps3 network, like the game or hate a certain series (AS LONG AS WE DO NOT FLAME OR SPAM!) etc...as long it stays as a open discussion for soul calibur its fine...

Rules:
    1.) Keep on topic
    2.)No swearing,flamming, or spamming period and no negative comments about ideas, and opinions. If must pm the person and talk with them over there profile and keep away from the thread.
    3.)keep all sentences clear for people to understand please.
    4.)keep all serebii forum rules in mind due to infractions are given out everyday almost.

Thats about it hope you enjoy disscussing about a really great game
    Eeveelover824
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 30th May 2012 at 4:23 AM.

I never played soul caliber. Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    I never played soul caliber. Is it good?
    yes its a very fun fighting game i love playing it...the current one is for the ps3 and xbox...soul calibur V...

Soul Calibur II is the best one. Talim is the best character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Soul Calibur II is the best one. Talim is the best character.
    oh talim i love talim ...she so cute...i use to play with her for a bit...i play with so many different characters...since there are like 6 games out now...

what characters did you use in 2 besides talim? I love soul calibur II actually i play it before for a bit i got the game for a bit from gamestop...

The only Soul Calibur I've played was the GameCube one, and I only bought it for Link.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    oh talim i love talim ...she so cute...i use to play with her for a bit...i play with so many different characters...since there are like 6 games out now...

what characters did you use in 2 besides talim? I love soul calibur II actually i play it before for a bit i got the game for a bit from gamestop...
    Only other characters I used besides her was Link and Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    The only Soul Calibur I've played was the GameCube one, and I only bought it for Link.
    yeah link was cool in that game think that was soul calibur II if im correct they made that on three different systems...

edit: i think spawn was in one of the games too lol and a guy from tekken...in the new one ezio and devil jin style is now present...

Soul Calibur is my favorite fighting series. I own almost every copy of the main series (Except SCV) Taki is my favorite video game character actually. But I found SCV to be a little dull, which is why I didn't buy it. I hope they continue the series, but that seems unlikely.. :/
    Y FC: 2766-8318-4711
    White FC: 2838 6813 1708
    Soulsilver FC: 4384 7361 6934

Quote Originally Posted by ChrishMC View Post
    Soul Calibur is my favorite fighting series. I own almost every copy of the main series (Except SCV) Taki is my favorite video game character actually. But I found SCV to be a little dull, which is why I didn't buy it. I hope they continue the series, but that seems unlikely.. :/
    oh soul calibur V is dull a bit because they rushed the game taki and some others were suppose to be in there and the storyline was suppose to be twice as long...when you don't play online...once you play online its more fun...trust me...

edit: tbh there is alot of story that still needs to be found cuaz of the lack of development of V....so assuming they may make another game...you should try the game out by renting it first you may like it...i started playing since III and never stopped..the character creation is amazing and makes up for the lost story line in V...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 25th May 2012 at 8:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    oh soul calibur V is dull a bit because they rushed the game taki and some others were suppose to be in there and the storyline was suppose to be twice as long...when you don't play online...once you play online its more fun...trust me...

edit: tbh there is alot of story that still needs to be found cuaz of the lack of development of V....so assuming they may make another game...you should try the game out by renting it first you may like it...i started playing since III and never stopped..the character creation is amazing and makes up for the lost story line in V...
    I know it was rush greatly. Which is the main reason its not as great as it should've been. But I found the 17 year timeline not needed. All the new characters except, Natsu and Viola, are my least favorite of the whole series. I know the Character creation is amazing, but I wish they could've added more single player like the Chronicle of the Sword and character creation only weapons like the kana and the fan. I hope they still continue the series.

I know it was rush greatly. Which is the main reason its not as great as it should've been. But I found the 17 year timeline not needed. All the new characters except, Natsu and Viola, are my least favorite of the whole series. I know the Character creation is amazing, but I wish they could've added more single player like the Chronicle of the Sword and character creation only weapons like the kana and the fan. I hope they still continue the series.
    hmmmm yeah i guess your very stuck on your choose and i understand it and respect it actually the only thing they have now is the quick battle option and legendary souls mode...its like survival mode on extremely hard...very hard to beat...awwww viola i love her ....she my amy replacement since they took her out...i took me a bit to get use to she was not there but i had to go on and get over that stuff...i love playing the game so much that i dealed with it which is to me a decent game still but they could of done better...i respect your choose though your fine

edit: one thing i hate though is people think viola is amy which kinda makes me angry...i really don't think there the same... OH YEAH! lol forgot they still have arcade mode....
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 25th May 2012 at 8:50 PM.

yoshimitsu and misturugi thats all im saying
    3ds friend code:1091-7776-4833

XBOX GAMERTAG: PIZZA NINJA831 [DONT ASK BOUT THE NAME]

I WATCH A TON OF ANIME,SO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY MY DREAM NO AMBITION WAS INFLUENCED BY IT ALOT HAHAHA.

CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME.

I love the soul Caliber series, too bad I lost all my games when I moved.
    A TRUE SAIYAN ALWAYS SPRINKLES WHEN HE TINKLES

I started with SC3, too. Kilik, Seong Mi-na, and Astaroth are my favored characters. I hope to get SC5 sometime. I've played it a bit in the store and it is quite fun, though I'm disappointed some characters aren't returning.

Back to SC3, I find it's surprisingly fun to play as characters that have challenging (for me) fighting styles. Rock, for instance, has some slow moves, but when they hit, the opponent feels it. Raphael is also great to play. Very quick. Someone who has mastered him is probably a pain to fight against.
    "True Love is the only heart disease that is best left to 'run on' - the only affection of the heart for which there is no help, and none desired." -Mark Twain

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of Hell, a hell of Heaven." -John Milton

"...whoever you hate will end up in your family!" -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingRat View Post
    I started with SC3, too. Kilik, Seong Mi-na, and Astaroth are my favored characters. I hope to get SC5 sometime. I've played it a bit in the store and it is quite fun, though I'm disappointed some characters aren't returning.

Back to SC3, I find it's surprisingly fun to play as characters that have challenging (for me) fighting styles. Rock, for instance, has some slow moves, but when they hit, the opponent feels it. Raphael is also great to play. Very quick. Someone who has mastered him is probably a pain to fight against.
    yeah xainghua was broken in that game lol....that was my best character in III and i still play until the end with lexia...i love playing with sophita, and taki as well...i use to play setsuka but not when it hit in IV...I now play on soul calibur V with Viola,lexia, pyrra omega and pyrra...i do fight with tira some times and alpha patrokolos but still yeah...i use to play with amy in IV i was really good with her...they say she lost in V, just like taki...yeah taki was suppose to be in the game...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 26th May 2012 at 5:03 AM.

SC III is my favorite out of the series. I find it to be very underrated. Even though it has got some minor problems, the ampunt of content just excites me. My most used characters were Taki, Ivy, and Cassandra. Too bad I can only beat Night Terror with Talim...

SC III is my favorite out of the series. I find it to be very underrated. Even though it has got some minor problems, the ampunt of content just excites me. My most used characters were Taki, Ivy, and Cassandra. Too bad I can only beat Night Terror with Talim...
    lol yeah oh yeah the music in three is the most amazing actually of all the games music...i love the way they did the game...oh wow talim that is a achievement...mine would be xainghua

Heh, Soul Calibur. I'm more of a Tekken person, but I play SC sometimes. I actually got into this series with Soul Blade. The very first game of the series back on the PS1. My favorite has to be SCIII. Man, that game was a lot of fun. Too bad I don't have it anymore, but SCV isn't bad either. I got it last week and I like it, but I don't play it too often. I just wish it had more single-player content like the Weapon Master or something like that. Getting kinda bored with online matches and playing with my friends is kinda meh since they suck.

xainghua is hot, yeah i went there

good character too

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    xainghua is hot, yeah i went there

good character too
    Its not like you said Ivy or Taki. Taki is my personal favorite lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Its not like you said Ivy or Taki. Taki is my personal favorite lol.
    Gotta love Taki, she's my favourite as well. Though that girl with the hood and magic ball in V is kinda hot, if she would shut up about the moon for 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Wolf View Post
    Heh, Soul Calibur. I'm more of a Tekken person, but I play SC sometimes. I actually got into this series with Soul Blade. The very first game of the series back on the PS1. My favorite has to be SCIII. Man, that game was a lot of fun. Too bad I don't have it anymore, but SCV isn't bad either. I got it last week and I like it, but I don't play it too often. I just wish it had more single-player content like the Weapon Master or something like that. Getting kinda bored with online matches and playing with my friends is kinda meh since they suck.
    lol do you play online cuaz i know i do me and my bf share a account so it may be alternate people lol...anyway yeah i think they should of but like i said before they rushed massed production which made the game low quality but it still is a good game...also i use to play xainghua and taki lol...in V there not there they got natsu, and lexia...the game takes 17 years after IV...

edit: LOL for the viola hot...i actually making a costume for my self for a anime con so lol...she my best character beside lexia in that game...

My favorite character in pretty much every other game besides 5 was Kilik, but since he became an edge master of sorts, I play Astaroth now. He is slow, but I like using him for cheap ring-outs. Soulcalibur is one of my favorite fighting games I would have to say. In my office I would always beat my co-workers with Astaroth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast