Thread: Why don't more people use Uxie?

Default Why don't more people use Uxie?

I'm sure it received his due 5th-generation discussion when the games were new, but it's a serious question. I hardly ever see Uxie on Wi-Fi, and he's apparently been deemed UU by Pokemon players at large, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why. With dual screens and Memento, he has to be one of the best partners for frail set-up sweepers in the game, and I can't think of anything that does its particular job better.

I've been running the following prior to bringing out a Shell Smash/White Herb Cloyster, Swords Dance Scizor, etc, and it's just ridiculous:

Uxie@Light Clary
    Bold
    252 HP/ 252 Defense / 4 Speed
    Psychic, Light Screen, Reflect, Memento

Dual Screen Uxie is nearly guaranteed to take a hit. Playing smart, you'll usually be able to pull off both screens and end with a Memento, leaving room for a game-ending sweeper to run rampant with set-up (especially something already defensive like Cloyster). It'll even buy frailer Pokemon a game-changing turn or too. Worst-case scenario, Uxie can still take at least one hit from almost anything and at least use a relevant screen or Memento. Finally, Psychic, rather than U-Turn, at least packs a moderate offensive punch, for picking off glass cannons or taking a hit and revenge killing.

Yes, it hates Taunt, but so do plenty of other support and utility Pokemon.

So, honestly, what am I missing? Why don't I ever see other Uxies? The only other Pokemon that shares this particularly useful combination of stats and moveset is Cresselia, which trades some of its defense for offense and healing abilities. Is it just too situational? Again, I think it's the definition of "nothing does its job better."

Latios can do that exact Dual Screen set but faster, and with more power on Psychic (or I guess Draco Meteor). If you ignore Memento there's probably a dozen other faster Pokes that just do it better.

The Stealth Rock Uxie set is just not useful compared to other rockers like Heatran and Jirachi who actually do something after.

Any sort of defensive Calm Mind set is outclassed by a ton of stuff such as Reuniclus.

Uxie isn't particularly "bad" in the way that Pidgeot is bad, but it's just not good enough for standard play.

Latios is pretty much the answer I was looking for. Completely forgot it packed Memento as well. Still, I hardly see that either.

I guess while I can appreciate Latios being more useful in plenty of situations and having less to fear from Taunt, I still like the relative safety Uxie provides, not having to worry about Scarfed Pokemon and being able to block sweepers that have already set up. With a little Speed investment (maybe mine actually has some; I'll have to check again), it outspeeds a lot of bulkier attackers as well, particularly Tyranitar, which seems to be a very common Wi-Fi lead.

I recognize that in every set besides Dual Screens + Memento, though, there are lots of equally or more viable options.

Any dark types with respectable speed and attack destroys em. Or bug types.

See: Weavile, Volcarona
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

I don't because I like pokemon that are a little more... flexible. Compact that with the fact that most support pokemon have a reliable recovery move (not all, but i believe the more popular ones do) and Uxie doesn't does not help it. Psychic types also have resistance against fighting types, but not much of anything else that is very relevant in the Ou metagame. I am not saying Uxie is completely useless (I used it back in gen 4 and a little gen 5) but it is very outclassed in other movesets, and how many Pokemon only have 1 usable moveset that are Ou? (Probably more than I expect)

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Uxie is just outclassed by Cresselia and Latias, as they both have higher defenses. The only moves that Uxie has that they don't that are usable are Stealth Rock and Giga Drain, which lots of people forget about.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

I think if Uxie got Recover, it'd be used more. TR / Reflect / Light Screen / Recover. Seems like a rather nice set. Great. Now I'm gonna wanna make a UU TR team.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

It's rather slow, pure psychic isn't great for pure defense and there are multitudes of equal screeners if not better.

Uxie isn't 'bad' it's simply outclassed
    MewtwoTHOUSAND is an original character DO NOT STEAL.

Oh and I use cheating devices to hack legitimate pokemon that I use for my own amusement only, get over it.

Deoxys d is better for that role, aside from memento. Cresselia also

There is over 640 Pokémon of course there would be a few pkmn that would have been forgotten.

My 4th gen teams
    My forum is http://epicgames.foren-gratis.com

Agreed, it's sets are just outclassed by better Psychic type poke's

The dual screens set in RU can be good.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

It's slow and doesn't have access to many good move setups.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    It's slow and doesn't have access to many good move setups.
    Actually Uxie is fairly fast for a pure-defensive pokemon. Base 95 isn't ALL that bad.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

It also has a rather unwanted typing, except for the fighting resist, and it's movepool is rather limited. It also lacks self recovery. Which I've already stated.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

uxie is also slower then most OU screeners so he isnt guarrented to get up both screens like espeon, cresselia, azelf, and latios/ais are

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    uxie is also slower then most OU screeners so he isnt guarrented to get up both screens like espeon, cresselia, azelf, and latios/ais are
    Basically, all of this. Espeon out speeds it, and can't be Toxic'd.

-Alex

Just letting you know, Cressy is slower than Uxie.

No one uses Latios or Latias to set up screens lol

Quote Originally Posted by Honus View Post
    No one uses Latios or Latias to set up screens lol
    There are a few sets where Latias carries Reflect and a Light Screen/Reflect/Memento Latios.

-Alex

Latios would be better yes but the reason why no one every uses uxie is because alot of people think that uxie is just well a useless pokemon but really uxie is just a pokemon who can't learn the best moves and dosen't have the best power
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

hate to beat a dead rapidash, but yes, it is completely outclassed by latias. sure, it gets memento, but thats about it really.

^And Deoxys-D. We can't forget about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekorean View Post
    Any dark types with respectable speed and attack destroys em. Or bug types.

See: Weavile, Volcarona
    For the love of Pete, people should just drop this argument already!

Oh my gosh, I can list two counters/checks. That means it is clearly not viable right? I mean, it's not like Scizor is beaten by anything fire type, right? Oh, and choice scarf primape can beat Darkrai, so it should be ubers!

Let's be honest, Dark/Bug types are pretty rare in OU. Volcarona and Scizor are just about the only offensive ones you'll see. And Dark? There is the Weavile you suggested, but not only is it uncommon, it isn't even considered OU. And anyway, let's say you swap it in on a Uxie as it uses Reflect. Great, now all of your super effective attacks do normal damage, and with those defenses, it can probably get up a light screen and then finish it with memento to cripple you and force a swap out for your set up sweeper. Or if I'm wrong and it can't, reflect should be enough since most priority moves, choice scarfers, and OU pokemon in general are physical.

If you want to say a pokemon is bad, give a real reason, not just "oh, this pokemon can beat it so it's pointless".
    Latios would be better yes but the reason why no one every uses uxie is because alot of people think that uxie is just well a useless pokemon but really uxie is just a pokemon who can't learn the best moves and dosen't have the best power
    No, it's just that their isn't really a good reason to use it 99.9% of the time. It's viable, but it should only be used if you just really like Uxie.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

I can see a tiny niche for Uxie in a HO team that needs SR to KO an important threat, but doesn't have room for another SR user, and needs the Screener to have some offensive presence. That's a pretty small niche though, and Azelf might still be able to do the job better (I'm not sure on the stat distribution). Other than that, use Latios or Deo-D, or whatever.