Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this game worth getting?

Recently I have "rediscovered" my pokemon colosseum and XD, I had never even totally finished both games. Replaying them brought back alot of good memories and fun. The storyline is much more engaging than the typical pokemon games. These games are defnitely worth your time.

You should definitely get either Colosseum or XD. Which one you choose, however, is up to you.
    Colosseum is kind of short, and the incentive to get it for the Johto pokemon is now gone. However, it has one of the darkest pokemon storylines, challenging bosses, and great music. Plus, you get to play as a really cool character.
    Xd is longer, much more like the handheld games, and shares much of the graphics (and music) with its predecessor. In return, it gives you a good story, and a wider range of pokemon, many of which know moves exclusive to XD (Lugia knows Psycho Boost).

Both work fine on the Wii, provided you have a GameCube memory card and Controller. If you have a GameCube/GameBoy cable, you can trade pokemon from either game to 3rd gen handhelds (R/S/E Fr/Lg), and can progressively import them to later games like Black/White.
    I don't play pokemon much. You probably have way better pokemon than me. But I've got:
    A Lugia with that knows Psycho Boost
    And a Togepi with Serene Grace, that knows Tri Attack and Ancient Power
    XD

It is a good game and yes they work fine on the Wii.

A word of warning: the recent line of Wii models have removed all GameCube compatibility, so make sure yours can work with such games.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

THEY ARE THE BEST GAMES EVER! Especially XD, as it is just more advanced and better! (ok not totally, but overall unless you prefer the story or pokemon availability of Colosseum better, XD is the one to get for sure). Of course, these games were especially awesome back before heartgold and soulsilver came out because then it was the only way to legitimately get a lot of johto pokemon, including the starters and lugia and ho-oh, into your games (well you could get the starters in emerald but it is a little hard and annoying to catch 200 pokemon and all. Really, when you think back on it, until HG/SS, lugia and ho-oh were almost as rare and valuable and sought after as like mew and deoxys....but anyway that's besides the point. The games both have such fun stories and awesome battle visuals/graphics that only black/white have come close too. Now, once X and Y come out we might be seeing some fondly similar styles of battling to colosseum and XD...but until then the battles of XD and colosseum are still one of a kind (or should I say two of a kind lol :P).
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Yes! I'm currently playing Colosseum and loving it. It has memorable music, decent graphics (very colorful of course) and a storyline that shows off a more darker side of Pokemon. You do have to keep in mind that it's not like what we play on handhelds (I've seen lots of people complain about the lack of wild Pokemon :P) and that I have not played XD yet (will as soon as I finish Colosseum though ) so I can only really speak for Colosseum. To play them on your Wii, just make sure to have a Gamecube controller and memory card handy!
    "It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -

I just finished XD, well with the story at least- still have 2 more shadow Pokemon to catch, and it was great. It was a long game, I don't know if I went slow or what but it took me around 12 hours. Way longer than any of the handheld games. The plot started slow but the ending was very good. There was also a lot of challenge towards the end, even with over-leveled Pokes. My only complaint is the main character in XD is quite noob looking compared to Colosseum's who was even part of Snagem. There's also an overwhelming amount of shadow Pokemon, almost double of Colosseum's. You can look at this as in a good or bad way. The more content the better, it just took a long time :l.

Now that I finished Colosseum, I can finally tell you a bit about it. People say XD is longer, which is definitely right but for some reason Colosseum took me a SUPER long time. Like 17 hours rofl. I have no idea what took me so long. My team was pretty bad and I struggled a lot.. It was fun though, Wes is such a beast. XD is easier I think and less frustrating so I'd go for that.
    Last edited by LimeSoda; 1st February 2013 at 4:47 AM.

I love both a ton, however purely from a collector or battlers point of view XD may be better. All shadow pokemon are cured with an egg or unique attack (like Moltres getting Morning Sun). Even in later generations many of these attacks still can't be learned by these pokemon so it may be worth it for that.
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

IS IT WORTH GETTING FOOD AND WATER???? lol ok but seriously yes yes yes yes yes...oh and YES! Do you think I was clear enough? :P It is like the best game EVER, and cronkr is right XD is better not only collecting wise, but also has major improvements from colosseum such as being able to retry at missed shadow pokemon, saving at any location like in the main games, and a better story (in my opinion, not to say colosseum's was bad or anything though, it was great too in that regards).
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12