Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

Default Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

As everyone has noticed, Palpitoad has the least screentime and appearances of all of Ash's Unova Pokemon. I am guessing its mainly because its another water pokemon, and with Oshawott being the star, Palpitoad doesn't have much to do.

What I don't understand is why they don't focus on it more. It's facial expressions are very comical, I could have easily seen it being the next Corphish if it were Ash's main water pokemon this gen.

At this point Unova is over, and Palpitoad seems like it's "just there." What do you think?

Comical?

He literally lost all semblance of a personality after his capture.

All he showed was a lack of stamina, which could have been developed, after his battle in Gym#4, but they never revisited it.

albeit he's barely been on screen since anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Comical?

He literally lost all semblance of a personality after his capture.

All he showed was a lack of stamina, which could have been developed, after his battle in Gym#4, but they never revisited it.

albeit he's barely been on screen since anyhow.
    His facial expressions during battles is hilarious. Even when he's losing like in the Roxie fight.

The writers seriously dropped the ball here, Palpitoad had the potential to be the funniest Pokemon Ash ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    His facial expressions during battles is hilarious. Even when he's losing like in the Roxie fight.

The writers seriously dropped the ball here, Palpitoad had the potential to be the funniest Pokemon Ash ever had.
    But isn't Oshawotter his funniest pkmn eveR?

No way the Toad could out do or outshine him.

Ash's entire team is a mistake
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    I agree, emo Infernape, loser Torterra, annoying Gible, overrated Buizel, generic Staraptor and useless Gliscor are a total mistake

Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake? I don´t know, was Heracross being captured a mistake?, was Primeape being captured a mistake?, was Pidgeotto being captured a mistake?, was Caterpie being captured a mistake?, was Tauros being captured a mistake?, was Muk being captured a mistake?

Papiltoad is funny? How about being uneeded and unecessary? He is no funny then any of Ash's other Pokemon if not less than any akin characters Pokemon.. Heck, I thought that Croagunk was better than him in terms of personality and all he did was stop Brock from getting a girlfriend -_- Papiltoad's capture wasn't mistake though.. As long as he battles then I'm fine, you don't have to have a personality to be liked- example? This topics subject, Kingler, and Muk.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Just because you don't like them or they're not Infernape doesn't mean they are a mistake. Plus the thread is about Palpatoad

Stop spamming!

As for the question....yeah maybe, but I bet it'll become more useful when it evolves into Seismitoad. I see this very similar to the Squirtle/Kingler situation, although I'm sure the writers will give Seismitoad better treatment than they did Kingler.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Stop spamming!

As for the question....yeah maybe, but I bet it'll become more useful when it evolves into Seismitoad. I see this very similar to the Squirtle/Kingler situation, although I'm sure the writers will give Seismitoad better treatment than they did Kingler.
    I agree with you. I think compared to Kingler, they are already doing a better job with Palpitoad considering Palpitoad battled in the first Don Battle Tournament, Elesa's gym and Roxie's gym and will battle in the League while Kingler didn't battle until the League.

I thought the lack of screen time was worth the awesomeness and out of the blue that was his capture

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I thought the lack of screen time was worth the awesomeness and out of the blue that was his capture
    Exactly! Palpitoad will always be one of my favorite captures just because of the sheer surprise of it happening. I still remember doing a double take when I checked this site that morning. For once, and for the first time in a while, Ash finally felt like an actual kid playing the games: seeing a random powerhouse and capturing it without a big dramatic plotline. And if anything, maybe that's why Palpitoad doesn't get a lot of training moments, because Ash has confidence in him and likes using him as a "secret weapon" (like the Elesa battle implied).
    Man Is A Genius When He Is Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    I agree, emo Infernape, loser Torterra, annoying Gible, overrated Buizel, generic Staraptor and useless Gliscor are a total mistake

Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake? I don´t know, was Heracross being captured a mistake?, was Primeape being captured a mistake?, was Pidgeotto being captured a mistake?, was Caterpie being captured a mistake?, was Tauros being captured a mistake?, was Muk being captured a mistake?
    Infernape was physically abused, ofcourse he would have some scaring, he doesn't anymore though, and buizel was far from overrated, he lost so many battles towards the end of sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Just because you don't like them or they're not Infernape doesn't mean they are a mistake. Plus the thread is about Palpatoad
    I do like them, they just need to evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Stop spamming!
    No, my opinion is allowed
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Palpitoad reminds me a lot of Muk. They were both Pokemon that Ash caught pretty much on a whim without an episode's worth of buildup. He rarely uses them, but when he does they've been shown to be fond of Ash and more especially of their own power which is formidable compared to the standard Team's.

Thinking back I think the closest thing Ash has come to making a mistake was catching Primeape. He gave it away, what, less then five episodes later?

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Palpitoad reminds me a lot of Muk. They were both Pokemon that Ash caught pretty much on a whim without an episode's worth of buildup. He rarely uses them, but when he does they've been shown to be fond of Ash and more especially of their own power which is formidable compared to the standard Team's.

Thinking back I think the closest thing Ash has come to making a mistake was catching Primeape. He gave it away, what, less then five episodes later?
    The whole battle with Primeape and Primeape's capture was amazing. I'm glad they had that scene.

I don't mind the capture itself, but there's no excuse for the lack of personality. Palpitoad being rowdy and leading other pokemon to do its dirty work could've made it interesting, perhaps playing Ash's pokemon against one-another behind his back.

Even with that said, the idea of Ash seeing a powerful wild pokemon and deciding to catch it provided a brief moment where we remember he's a pokemon trainer, and he should be on the look out for strong pokemon to catch.

I do like them, they just need to evolve.
    Why suddenly I think a commentary like this really means "Waaaah, waaaaah, me want Samurott!!!"? (-_-)

I could bet $100 that whiners would still whine about "Ash´s-Unova-team-is-weak" if he gets to the League with Serperior, Unfezant, Emboar, Krookodile, Seismitoad, Leavanny, Gigalith, Scrafty ... and Oshawott

Ash has right now 3 fully evolved Pokémon, Krookodile has an awesome moveset and Leavanny has a great strategy, they don´t need to evolve, they just need a diverse moveset.
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 6th October 2012 at 8:10 AM.

Why suddenly I think a commentary like this really means "Waaaah, waaaaah, me want Samurott!!!"? (-_-)

I could bet $100 that whiners would still whine about "Ash´s-Unova-team-is-weak" if he gets to the League with Serperior, Unfezant, Emboar, Krookodile, Seismitoad, Leavanny, Gigalith, Scrafty ... and Oshawott

Ash has right now 3 fully evolved Pokémon, Krookodile has an awesome moveset and Leavanny has a great strategy, they don´t need to evolve, they just need a diverse moveset.
    You're being just as bad as the people who prefer Ash's other teams.

Ash's Unova team gives the impression of being weaker since Ash still has two base stage starters, and the rest of his reserves have very little battle screentime.

YES!

A horrible, horrible mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    You're being just as bad as the people who prefer Ash's other teams.

Ash's Unova team gives the impression of being weaker since Ash still has two base stage starters, and the rest of his reserves have very little battle screentime.
    Ash´s Kanto team had two base stage starters, was it weak?

And also, how exactly the stage of the starters defines the rest of the team?, how Snivy being in her basic stage makes Krookodile weak?

Please don't turn this into another ordeal between the Isshu extremist and Shinou stans.

And no. No more a mistake than that annoying Draco Meteor gag, Koduck clone. I feel Gamagaru is more, Fukamaru-ish when it comes to screentime and battles. What personality Gamagaru had entertained me vastly more than Fukamaru's and I usually prefer Dragons to everything, but I still didn't really see the point in Satoshi catching that thing only for the writers to further humiliate Pochama, sell toys,(Shirona popularized the Gaburias line), and for it only to defeat Kohei. Otherwise, I don't see Gamagaru as a mistake.

Tsutarja, Hahakamori, Gantle, and Kenharou are catching up in the battle department while Charbu, Pikachu, Zuruggu, and Waruvial take a rest. Mijumaru is somewhere in the middle, if the calendar is any indication Gamagaru will appear in a future episode and hopefully battle or do something significant. I actually like the toad surprisingly, despite the lack of a personality and epic battles I'd pick him over something more used and known like Iwaperesu.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 6th October 2012 at 9:27 AM.

I'm fine with Palpitoad not appearing as much as the others, maybe not to this degree but that just makes its next appearance that much more exciting. The calender depicts a Palpitoad, so it has a chance of reappearing once more prior to the League.

I don't know whats worse, a Pokemon that appears too much or appears too less, which is currently the 2 statuses Ash's both Unova Water-types have.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Ash´s Kanto team had two base stage starters, was it weak?

And also, how exactly the stage of the starters defines the rest of the team?, how Snivy being in her basic stage makes Krookodile weak?
    Ash's kanto team had a powerhouse aka charizard, ash's unova team doesn't have a powerhouse.. big difference.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Ash's kanto team had a powerhouse aka charizard, ash's unova team doesn't have a powerhouse.. big difference.
    I wonder what Krookodile is.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    I wonder what Krookodile is.
    i cant say krookodile a powerhouse yet i mean he is strong but we only saw him in one fight and it really wasnt that good of a win seeing as dragonite went berserk. if we see krookodile dominate more fights then i can say he is a powerhouse but that my opinion

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast