Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: General Rival/Recurring Character Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN View Post
    Ya....3 on 3 will be awsome too!
    Yeah, and I would love to see Pignite vs. Sawk. Can anyone imagine an Arm Thrust/Close Combat slugfest?

Anyway, it feels like Georgia is getting the best overall development. Bianca seems to be doing pretty decent, and Stephan has already established himself as a substantial threat via the Donamite tournament (Bianca did the same thing there as well, but she'll probably get bumped off in the league before Stephan does). Trip is just recently getting some good time in the sunshine with the World Tournament Junior Cup, but we still haven't seen the rest of his recent team yet, so it's still a toss-up. "Butt Monkey" Burgundy is a joke right now and will continue to be acknowledged as just that until she gets over her desires for revenge (if only a little), and this growth will be shown when she gets to show off an awesome Samurott as proof of just that.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Yeah, and I would love to see Pignite vs. Sawk. Can anyone imagine an Arm Thrust/Close Combat slugfest?

Anyway, it feels like Georgia is getting the best overall development. Bianca seems to be doing pretty decent, and Stephan has already established himself as a substantial threat via the Donamite tournament (Bianca did the same thing there as well, but she'll probably get bumped off in the league before Stephan does). Trip is just recently getting some good time in the sunshine with the World Tournament Junior Cup, but we still haven't seen the rest of his recent team yet, so it's still a toss-up. "Butt Monkey" Burgundy is a joke right now and will continue to be acknowledged as just that until she gets over her desires for revenge (if only a little), and this growth will be shown when she gets to show off an awesome Samurott as proof of just that.
    I hope Bianca is the one to knock Stephan out of the Unova League.
    She's lost both times she's faced him.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    If there's another Don Tournament, I'd personally like to see it happen there.

I would like to see all of Ash's rivals face Ash in the league.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

so how long do people think kotetsu will travel with the group for. the summary for episode 2-10 says ash and co are joining him on his badge getting quest so maybe he sticks around until the league, challangeing drayden and cheren. it would make a great final league match for ash, facing someone he's travelled with for a while

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    so how long do people think kotetsu will travel with the group for. the summary for episode 2-10 says ash and co are joining him on his badge getting quest so maybe he sticks around until the league, challangeing drayden and cheren. it would make a great final league match for ash, facing someone he's travelled with for a while
    I think he'll just stay for the Gym battle episode, and then come back for either a tournament or the league next.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Damn I hope he leaves by 2-11, hes looks like ritchie 2.0 and he was by far the worst "rival" ash ever had.

I don't think Kotetsu will be ash's next rival. Trainer who gets badges is not always a rival. Remember Katherine/Koharu and her Gothita? She collected badge but she is not Ash's main Unova rivals.

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

Something that would be nice is if Kotetsu is the guy to kick Ash out of the league and they decided to introduce him now unstead of making him league only.

He already has Samurott & most likely Lucario by the league. Throw in things like Golurk & Braviary and you'll have a team that people would have no trouble believing could beat Ash

Something that would be nice is if Kotetsu is the guy to kick Ash out of the league and they decided to introduce him now unstead of making him league only.

He already has Samurott & most likely Lucario by the league. Throw in things like Golurk & Braviary and you'll have a team that people would have no trouble believing could beat Ash
    Lol, Bianca has a team that I believe can already beat Ash: Emboar, Escavalier and Attract/TB-M(C)inccino. Don't want to push Bianca or anything, but yeah, it's a solid group.

Samurott, Lucario, and Golurk would give Ash a mountain of trouble no doubt.. 0.0 And if the kid is present in the version-chick episode, then who knows what will happen if he gets Rufflet/Braviary. Braviary still needs to debut, so a league rival with one makes sense. So I'm either voting for this little overpowered newby, or for it to be Stephan's third physical threat.

Bianca:
    - Emboar
    - Escavalier
    - Cinccino

Stephan:
    - Zebstrika
    - Sawk
    - Braviary

Trip:
    - Serperior
    - Conkeldurr
    - Chandlure
    - Jellicent
    - Vanilluxe
    - Unfezant/Something new.

Kotetsu:
    - Samurott
    - Riolu/Lucario
    - Golurk
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???

Here's hoping he gets Klang, Eelektrik and Zweilous and most pokemon would've debuted, of course, they will all evolve by the league time and cost Ash his match. And don't say that's overpowered, because if we compare it to Tyson, that's almost the same:

Tyson vs. Kotetsu:

1. The Starter:
    - Sceptile vs. Samurott
    2. The Minimain:
    - Meowth vs. Riolu
    3. The second stage Ground-type:
    - Donphan vs. Golurk
    4. Third stage that evolves by an evolutionary stone:
    - Shiftry vs. Eelektross
    5. The 'pseudo legendary'
    - Metagross vs. Zweilous/Hydreigon

The only one that doesn't really compare is Hariyama and then Klang/Klinklang. But if Riolu evolves, then you get the Hariyama/Lucario comparison as fully evolved Fighting-types.

Oh well, I could deal with Trip having Klang/Klinklang and Kotetsu having Ferrothorn for instance.. :P
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

That would be very random. I think Ash should beat all of his rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Yeah, Bianca is the only rival who I wouldn't mind being defeated by someone else.

Paul beat Barry. Not that random.

Besides she has lost every time she's faced him.

It would be like Ash and Trip.. Ash loses the majority of the time, then suddenly at the league Ash wins for payback.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Braviary still needs to debut, so a league rival with one makes sense. So I'm either voting for this little overpowered newby, or for it to be Stephan's third physical threat.
    Huh? Stephan is another little overpowered newby.

and you know he's a newby how?

I like Stephen, although he does get quite a lot of attention, but I don't really mind that. I wish trip would get some major personality traits, he seems so dull all the time, but maybe that's just me.
    For everyone who likes stories you can read my first ever fan-fic here!

]

and you know he's a newby how?
    Narrator: Ash has just been challenged to a battle by a trainer named Stephan and his Blitzle, who have just started their journey~

Narrator: Ash has just been challenged to a battle by a trainer named Stephan and his Blitzle, who have just started their journey~
    thankyou. missed that episode

Stephan's Sawk didn't OHKO flying/poison/bug types with Close Combat.

Stephan's Sawk didn't OHKO flying/poison/bug types with Close Combat.
    That doesn't mean he isn't overpowered.

That doesn't mean he isn't overpowered.
    So who do you consider overpowered?

So who do you consider overpowered?
    Gary Harrison Paul Tobias tyson Cynthia trips serperior and iris' dragonite just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Gary Harrison Paul Tobias tyson Cynthia trips serperior and iris' dragonite just to name a few.
    I wouldn't consider Gary overpowered

Gary no if anything he seemed underpowered for the so called 'threat' he posed, losing before Ash in the Indigo League then losing to Ash.

Harrison no, IIRC he didn't win the Johto League if he was overpowered then he would have won the league, besides the fact his Blaziken was so injured from the fight with Charizard that he couldn't compete shows he wasn't overpowered.

Paul, hmm yes and no, after all his philosophy of training was to always seek out the strongest before catching them and working from there, besides he was an experienced trainer who'd been traveling just as much as Ash.

Tobias yes he was overpowered.

Tyson is a tricky one, he was clearly older than Ash which means he had probably been in quite a few leagues, remember Ash is still 10 and he's been in four leagues, a filler league and the battle frontier, so it's reasonable to assume Tyson had done some traveling before hand.

Cynthia is a champion she's meant to be ultra powerful, besides in the games all her Pokémon have perfect IV's...

Trip's Serperior is OP.

Iris' Dragonite... yeah probably OP.

Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

you're forgetting Ash's Blazed Infernape.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Harison?? No way....

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast