Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: General Rival/Recurring Character Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    Just you wait, Burgundy will win the league.....

Just you wait.
    I'd like her to get at least Top 16, i wouldn't mind when or if Bianca or Stephan get knocked out. I don't want her to end up like Nando.

Quote Originally Posted by destimon pokeruction View Post
    I'd like her to get at least Top 16, i wouldn't mind when or if Bianca or Stephan get knocked out. I don't want her to end up like Nando.
    I feel if she did advance, she'll be beaten by Stephan or Bianca. Mostly Bianca.

I wouldn't be suprised if they showed her and samurott scrub out to a tepig 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if they showed her and samurott scrub out to a tepig 1st round.
    That wouldn't make sense. Burgundy has lost all her battles on screen, but it has to be believable. That just seems unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    That wouldn't make sense. Burgundy has lost all her battles on screen, but it has to be believable. That just seems unreal.
    I'd believe it.

Her battle against Trip was only a plot battle to show Godperior's power, she's a force to be reckoned with when Dewott faced Excadrill it held it's own pretty well, considering the fact that she's a connesiuer and doesn't focus on battling and Gym badges she did pretty well. I really believe she could have beaten Iris if it wasn't for Excadrill being with Iris for long and being powerful and Dewott only being Burgundy's starter. So Burgundy did well while at a disadvantage, now imagine her serious...

I'm not a Burgundy fanboy i just belive that characters like Morrision, Nando and Burgundy should be foucused on just as much as the others

Her battle against Trip was only a plot battle to show Godperior's power, she's a force to be reckoned with when Dewott faced Excadrill it held it's own pretty well, considering the fact that she's a connesiuer and doesn't focus on battling and Gym badges she did pretty well. I really believe she could have beaten Iris if it wasn't for Excadrill being with Iris for long and being powerful and Dewott only being Burgundy's starter. So Burgundy did well while at a disadvantage, now imagine her serious...

I'm not a Burgundy fanboy i just belive that characters like Morrision, Nando and Burgundy should be foucused on just as much as the others
    Thank you, there's someone who understands.

Thank you, there's someone who understands.
    Yeah, i'm not one for discrimination, in life or fiction

I'd believe it.
    Why would you believe it?

I honestly can't believe there are people who wish for Burgundy to enter the league when she's clearly Cilan's rival.

Also, she wasn't featured in the OP so she won't be at the league (nor will Georgia).

I would really love if Burgendy could actually be serious as opposed to I will defeat you Dent! the thing is it would take a huge event for that to happen so i'm not holding my breath -_-

If Burgundy of all people actually manages to get eight badges, you might as well just kick them down the sewer grate cause they're officially worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    If Burgundy of all people actually manages to get eight badges, you might as well just kick them down the sewer grate cause they're officially worthless.
    Burgundys not that bad. It's just she's put up against people who are better (Ash,Iris, Trip) in tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Burgundys not that bad. It's just she's put up against people who are better (Ash,Iris, Trip) in tournaments
    I've always felt like only serious trainers should enter the league, someone like Burgundy who's main goal is to be a connoisseur and beat Cilan should not just get eight badges on the side. Getting the badges should be a struggle, not a formality.

I've always felt like only serious trainers should enter the league, someone like Burgundy who's main goal is to be a connoisseur and beat Cilan should not just get eight badges on the side. Getting the badges should be a struggle, not a formality.
    I get what your saying but I personally believe its better to have more familiar faces in the league, instead of COTDS. Yea Burgundy would probably lose in the first round, but it would be better to see Ash or whoever face her over some random nobody

Burgundy could enter the League, but it seems sketchy, even though I want it. She does have the Striaton Gym badge, but I think she only got that as proof that she had beaten the Gym. Since, she's really not improving as a Connaisseuse, so I'd like something good to happen to her. Maybe her next appearance she'll be a B class. (>.>)

I think Burgundy facing Cilan in some sort of battle to decide whether she ranks up to B or not is the best possible closure for her. Cilan recognizes her as being legitimate and Burgundy realizes she should focus less on revenge and more on her own goals.

I really hope the league isn't just rival battles like the tournaments are now where the COTDs are mostly generic and forgettable. I get that it's kind of predictable that Ash isn't going to lose to a random COTD in the first round, but you still have to have those battles and make them somewhat interesting.

You mean they weren't worthless when Kotetsu managed to get 7 and Bianca managed to get two with a weak Pignite?

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I honestly can't believe there are people who wish for Burgundy to enter the league when she's clearly Cilan's rival.
    She isn't even that.
    Just a pointless recurring character like Stephan and Kotetsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Also, she wasn't featured in the OP so she won't be at the league (nor will Georgia).
    Featured in the what?
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 10th September 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    You mean they weren't worthless when Kotetsu managed to get 7 and Bianca managed to get two with a weak Pignite?
    We don't know how good a battler Kotetsu is, he seems a little spastic but Morrison and Barry were like that as well and I never doubted their ability.

As for Bianca, obviously she started out as one of those trainers who just spams her starter, and probably got lucky with good match-ups for her early badges, before Elesa burst her bubble. I thought that was kind of the point of that episode, being sort of a wake-up call for her, she seemed to train hard after that (teaching her Mincinno thunderbolt plus a strong showing at the Clubsplosion tournament).

As much as I hate constantly comparing DP to Best Wishes, every rival that made the Sinnoh league belonged there. Ash obviously had a strong league and championship history, and his pokemon were peaking in power. Paul was experienced, skilled and ruthless. Barry, while not being a great tactician, played a pure power game and used his pokemon's raw power to win his battles. Conway was obviously very intelligent and had powerful, fully evolved pokemon in all his previous battles. Nando was said from the beginning to be collecting badges and had a great performance at the Grand Festival. Ash, Paul, and Barry were all 100% focused on collected the eight badges and winning the league. Nando was multi-tasking, but they made it a point to show he had the skill in both to pull it off. Conway was never mentioned to be collecting badges, but he wasn't doing anything but battling and the fact that you didn't really know what his deal was added to his intrigue at the Pokemon League.

Burgundy, by contrast, has never been shown to be anything but maybe a slightly above average battler who's main goal is to become a top-connoisseur to get back at Cilan. Her just showing up at the league with eight badges would be incredibly contrived.

The league is the final competition that every trainer in Unova has been preparing for, the non-committed trainers should have all been weeded out by now. I don't expect Burgundy there, nor do I expect Georgia (she's made no mention of badges either). I'm not sure about Stephan, I get the impression he's just training to get stronger and doesn't really care about badges.

That would interesting if Burgundy is following Cilan the whole time XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    That would interesting if Burgundy is following Cilan the whole time XD
    We've seen Jigglypuff, Gible, and Oshawott do it. Doesn't surprise me if she was too.

We've seen Jigglypuff, Gible, and Oshawott do it. Doesn't surprise me if she was too.
    And then one episode they finally spot her and find out the reason she didn't get through the first round of any tournament is because she didn't train her Pokemon since she was too busy following and watching Cilan XD

Poor Burgundy, she gets no respect I tell ya, no respect

She's a cartoon character. She doesn't need respect.

Trip, Stephan, Bianca and Kotetsu will most likely be the rivals in the Unova league. Burgandy? They could give her an Alakazam and she STILL wouldn't be able to battle her way out of a paper bag.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast