Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: General Rival/Recurring Character Discussion

Yeah she has potential to appear in the leaugue, but personally I don't care if she does or doesn't. If she does it wouldn't surprise me, but if she didn't that wouldn't surprise me either. XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I don't think Burgundy wants revenge on Dento, like shown in the past episodes, she respects Dent, she cares about what he says. And since she's always meeting up with the gang at tournaments, she could get the advice she needs from Dent. But, I doubt the writers would have Dento give advice to her, even though I want them too.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    You don't know if it was a lie or not with Harley. XD But in the same sense, Cabernet stretched the truth too.
    You're probably correct on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I agree, her initial goal was to collect badges and we have no proof that she's stopped. Sommelier things could be on the side, characters like Nando can do it. About her revenge that's against Cilan, not Ash, so I don't see how it affects her if she's in the league. She could be in the league and I'd believe it.
    Exactly and i suppose it would explain where she's actually been going when she's on her journey.I still don't think it'll happen but it wouldn't be too surprising if she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    I wonder what Janovy's reaction would be if Burgundy did make it to the pokemon league.

And she is in the opening, with her Dewott. Someone needs to clean their eyes.
    Wait, are people still trying to drag Burgundy for filth? Oh good Lord. It's one thing to have an opinion, but another thing to use that opinion to degrade a character. It's sad that people are using Burgundy as a way to vent their frustration. Can't she get a break? I really think she'll show up at the League, and no, I don't care if she's Cilan's rival. She's still a trainer and she should be able to compete in the Unova League once she has the other badges. Speaking of which, why are some people using her Trio Badge against her like it means nothing? Conway didn't show us any of his badges, yet he still participated in the League and was a great trainer. So maybe people should stop criticizing Burgundy for having only one on-screen badge.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Wait, are people still trying to drag Burgundy for filth? Oh good Lord. It's one thing to have an opinion, but another thing to use that opinion to degrade a character. It's sad that people are using Burgundy as a way to vent their frustration. Can't she get a break? I really think she'll show up at the League, and no, I don't care if she's Cilan's rival. She's still a trainer and she should be able to compete in the Unova League once she has the other badges. Speaking of which, why are some people using her Trio Badge against her like it means nothing? Conway didn't show us any of his badges, yet he still participated in the League and was a great trainer. So maybe people should stop criticizing Burgundy for having only one on-screen badge.
    *Sniffles* Thank you.

I wouldn't mind if Burgundy was physically at the league, I find her and Georgia's commentary makes for an appealing double act. Hell, maybe those two could have their final battles with Cilan and Iris while Ash is competing in the league.

But a recurring theme in Best Wishes seems to be that only the main group and their rivals that seem to travel with them everywhere can win battles. In all three tournaments, the only one outside this group (not counting Luke) to beat a main character was Montgomery. There needs to be strong competition outside of just this group, every other league has done this, otherwise the Unova League is really no better than any of these other tournaments and makes the whole process of getting all the badges seem completely arbitrary.

Ash, Trip, Kotetsu, and Bianca (although if Pignite evolves I could see Bianca coming up short) should be focused on.

Stephan I'm really not sure about. If he is going to make it, I'd like to see him say he has badges beforehand, and not just show up at the league with his never-before-mentioned eight badges. But if he does make it, I suspect he goes out early.

Montgomery is intriguing, I don't doubt he's powerful enough, but seeing as he won the Clubsplosion tournament the previous year, I have to wonder if he's just focused on winning there, where his fighting pokemon can excel.

Shamus is also quite strong but he insists on battling doubles. Still, he did swear revenge on Ash and that seems like the perfect time to do it.

The girl with the Gothita was just a beginning trainer but seemed to have pretty strong pokemon relative to where she was and she was said to be collecting badges. I could buy her winning eight.

I've already talked about Burgundy and Georgia, I don't think they should be there.

And I'm going to assume/hope the writers aren't even considering Luke.
    Last edited by RVD_fan; 13th September 2012 at 12:30 AM.

Like I already said, the OP didn't feature only Ash's rivals for no reason.

And the League torch wasn't featured at the very end for no reason either.

Believe what you want to believe, but Burgundy and Georgia will not be at the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Like I already said, the OP didn't feature only Ash's rivals for no reason.

And the League torch wasn't featured at the very end for no reason either.

Believe what you want to believe, but Burgundy and Georgia will not be at the League.
    don't be so sure. I can see them taking on TRs old role of comic relief at the league, either selling things or just turning up to watch and having their usual commentry

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    don't be so sure. I can see them taking on TRs old role of comic relief at the league, either selling things or just turning up to watch and having their usual commentry
    Well, I could tolerate them showing up as spectators since Team Rocket probably won't be there.

Actually, they COULD take on TR's role. o.o

Burgundy and Georgia were in the OP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1BfZ...eature=related

No, they weren't.

TR could still be at the League. If a Plasma scenerio at the League happens, Giovanni could place them there to spy. They could then sell merchandise to look 'under cover'

I think Kotetsu needs to make some more reappearances before the league, (if its true what people are saying that they suspect the league to start soon) maybe in one of the filler episodes.

They should make use with these fillers since Ash has got all eight badges and hasn't had many rival battles, so if possible maybe Trip but chances are Bianca and Steven Stephan.

I'd like Ash's other rivals to get a chance to battle or meet Kotetsu as well, most likely during the league though.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Burgundy and Georgia were in the OP.
    I don't believe they were, but that doesn't mean they won't appear imo. Some people are just against having strong female characters at the League. I saw several people complaining about the very same thing back when the Sinnoh League was about to start; people didn't want Holly to appear. Oh sure, they used tons of different excuses to justify their hate, but at the end of the day, they were just pressed. I bet the same people who are against Burgundy and Georgia competing would jump for joy if Luke or Cilan competed. In fact, I'm going to bookmark this page just in case it does happen.

I bet the same people who are against Burgundy and Georgia competing would jump for joy if Luke or Cilan competed.
    Suddenly I find the idea of Burgundy and Georgia competing much more appealing. -.-

Oh and please don't start that stupid feminist crap. I don't want anyone besides Ash's rivals competing in the League, is that so hard to understand?
    Last edited by Janovy; 13th September 2012 at 7:36 PM.

I don't believe they were, but that doesn't mean they won't appear imo. Some people are just against having strong female characters at the League. I saw several people complaining about the very same thing back when the Sinnoh League was about to start; people didn't want Holly to appear. Oh sure, they used tons of different excuses to justify their hate, but at the end of the day, they were just pressed. I bet the same people who are against Burgundy and Georgia competing would jump for joy if Luke or Cilan competed. In fact, I'm going to bookmark this page just in case it does happen.
    What? Who's against having strong females in the league? That's stupid! I would love for Ash to lose to a female trainer with a powerful Pokemon in the league this time. I just don't want Bianca to do it since I can't stand her. But that's only my opinion. Who's to say that she won't be able to beat him?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    What? Who's against having strong females in the league? That's stupid! I would love for Ash to lose to a female trainer with a powerful Pokemon in the league this time. I just don't want Bianca to do it since I can't stand her. But that's only my opinion. Who's to say that she won't be able to beat him?
    Just saying Your opinion doesn't always matters in the long run, plus I rather see Bianca win overt Trip/Kotetsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Just saying Your opinion doesn't always matters in the long run, plus I rather see Bianca win overt Trip/Kotetsu.
    I know that. I was trying to speak to the person who thought that this show only catered to boys. That's the point I was trying to make.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    The person who tried to silence you a couple of posts above this one is against characters like Burgundy and Georgia. There are many others as well; you can tell who they are by reading their posts about the League. Many of them only consider Trip, Stephan and Kotetsu to be rivals while they completely ignore Bianca and act as if Burgundy and Georgia are unworthy of appearing at the League. Mind you, these are the same people who were against Iris competing at the World Tournament even before she captured Dragonite, so I guess it isn't too surprising. But I don't see how wanting Burgundy and Georgia to be strong trainers is a bad thing. Why are some of us punished for wanting equal screen-time for all the important Unova characters?

The person who tried to silence you a couple of posts above this one is against characters like Burgundy and Georgia. There are many others as well; you can tell who they are by reading their posts about the League. Many of them only consider Trip, Stephan and Kotetsu to be rivals while they completely ignore Bianca and act as if Burgundy and Georgia are unworthy of appearing at the League. Mind you, these are the same people who were against Iris competing at the World Tournament even before she captured Dragonite, so I guess it isn't too surprising. But I don't see how wanting Burgundy and Georgia to be strong trainers is a bad thing. Why are some of us punished for wanting equal screen-time for all the important Unova characters?
    I have zero issue with Burgundy and Georgia as characters. In particular, Georgia's probably been my favorite of the B/W rivals. I really hope both of them get their due screen time in final battles against Cilan and Iris (and I'd like Burgundy to beat Cilan in the end). What I'm against is trainers who haven't been seen collecting badges popping up at the league if we've seen them enough to have known by now they aren't.

Think about it, in character if Burgundy and Georgia were collecting badges, don't you think they would brag about it every chance they got? Shoehorning them into the Pokemon League at the last minute only diminishes the value of the badges and the league itself. Badges, for the most part, are supposed to be difficult to obtain, and only the truly dedicated should be able to win eight of them.

No one here is saying Bianca doesn't deserve to be at the league.

Bianca is Ash's rival. Burgundy and Georgia aren't, thus, I only want Ash's rivals at the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    No one here is saying Bianca doesn't deserve to be at the league.

Bianca is Ash's rival. Burgundy and Georgia aren't, thus, I only want Ash's rivals at the league.
    I also would like to see only Ash's rivals at the league and its kind of likely since Burgundy only wants to prove Cilan wrong and got the Trio Badge to show him how strong she's gotten and Georgia just wants to beat Iris in a battle with a dragon type as a "Dragon Master" would. The league has nothing to do with them achieving their goals.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Luke and Burgundy... those two seriously need an Upgrade (Congratulations! Your Rival characters evolved into an old joke!)
    Burgundy having practically no wins against Cilan... Are you serious?
    And Luke... Why is he even listed as Rival in Serebii.net, is he pulling a Conway or something?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Luke and Burgundy... those two seriously need an Upgrade (Congratulations! Your Rival characters evolved into an old joke!)
    Burgundy having practically no wins against Cilan... Are you serious?
    And Luke... Why is he even listed as Rival in Serebii.net, is he pulling a Conway or something?
    Lukes not a rival, but he is a recurring character so it makes sense for him to be listed

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Lukes not a rival, but he is a recurring character so it makes sense for him to be listed
    well, shouldn't he be put under the recurring character content? (though he does participate in Dons so pulling a Conway will actually make more sense than Conway himself)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    well, shouldn't he be put under the recurring character content? (though he does participate in Dons so pulling a Conway will actually make more sense than Conway himself)
    And the creepy dood took part in the tag tournament, so your post makes no sense.

We know why Luke took part in the tournament and its not because he is going to the league.

You seem to have an habit of ignoring facts when making posts XD.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast