Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: General Rival/Recurring Character Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    that could work. I just thought it would be nice if ash gets to beat the guy who kicks him out of a league in a later battle
    To prove what, that at the end Ash is still the top trainer? I prefer the standard approach of Ash failing to beat the rival but finally managing to break through in the League battle.

Really, with your logic Dawn should've gotten another match against Zoey after the Grand Festival.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Yeul View Post
    To prove what, that at the end Ash is still the top trainer? I prefer the standard approach of Ash failing to beat the rival but finally managing to break through in the League battle.
    Really, with your logic Dawn should've gotten another match against Zoey after the Grand Festival.
    That's what I'd prefer to see. I think it's the way the writers may end up going with Ash and his new rival.

I hope Ash defeats Trip or the new rival in the tournament, and then the reverse happens in the League for both of them.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    That's what I'd prefer to see. I think it's the way the writers may end up going with Ash and his new rival.

I hope Ash defeats Trip or the new rival in the tournament, and then the reverse happens in the League for both of them.
    if that is the case I would have to go with beat the new rival and lose to trip in the tournament and then beat trip and lose to the new rival in the league

You think, yet you have no proof. Though, if it helps in regards to Trip and Alder's plot, then I suppose it could work.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

With both of them having different fully evolved starters, maybe the writers could have their personalities be opposites as well as their experience. That way they could keep both of them for different reasons.
    I see what you are saying, well that's up to the writers to make sure neither of them get shafted but i do like your idea.

The World God Only knows

I hope Luke does make more appearances. I like the idea of a recurring character who's just a friend and not a rival/adult

I hope Luke does make more appearances. I like the idea of a recurring character who's just a friend and not a rival/adult
    If he's not participating in the League, then I think he'll probably just film it and maybe even film the World Tournament.

If he's not participating in the League, then I think he'll probably just film it and maybe even film the World Tournament.
    him filming something would be nice. maybe even competing in another don George tournament. would settle for anything really

him filming something would be nice. maybe even competing in another don George tournament. would settle for anything really
    With him not participating in the last one, I don't think he'll be around for another tournament until the League for taping.

With him not participating in the last one, I don't think he'll be around for another tournament until the League for taping.
    just because he missed one doesnt mean he won't enter in another. I live in a state of eternal hope

just because he missed one doesnt mean he won't enter in another. I live in a state of eternal hope
    If he does end up participating, I think it would be to debut Zoroark and Volcarona for the tournament.

I'm really curious as to how well Trip will fare in the League given his recent losses and the addition of Ash's new Rival.

I think him and Bianca will possibly have a rematch in the League that I can see him winning, but I don't think he will beat Ash and I don't think him and the new Rival will face-off either.

I also wonder if he will rank higher or lower than the new Rival? Either way, this is going to be an interesting League for sure.
    White FC: 4985.9143.5128

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPuncher View Post
    I'm really curious as to how well Trip will fare in the League given his recent losses and the addition of Ash's new Rival.

I think him and Bianca will possibly have a rematch in the League that I can see him winning, but I don't think he will beat Ash and I don't think him and the new Rival will face-off either.

I also wonder if he will rank higher or lower than the new Rival? Either way, this is going to be an interesting League for sure.
    I could see ash and trip facing off in the top 16 (hopefully a full battle) which ash wins. leaving trip in the same place as ashs first league

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPuncher View Post
    I think Trip and Bianca won't face each other, and Ash will face Bianca before Trip in the League. Trip will probably get some onscreen wins against Ash or others prior to the League.

This time I want Ash to face all his rivals and some league rivals to show that its harder than the previous leagues, like when he fights random people.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    This time I want Ash to face all his rivals and some league rivals to show that its harder than the previous leagues, like when he fights random people.
    maybe not all his rivals. he has got 4 (maybe more if burgundy & Georgia turn up). I could see the league working as similar to the don George with rivals fighting each other. ash will probably beat trip & hopefully lose to the new rival. maybe face burgundy or Georgia early on while other rivals face each other

maybe not all his rivals. he has got 4 (maybe more if burgundy & Georgia turn up). I could see the league working as similar to the don George with rivals fighting each other. ash will probably beat trip & hopefully lose to the new rival. maybe face burgundy or Georgia early on while other rivals face each other
    I don't think they're participating in the League, (Especially the show's butt monkey) but we'll see. Though, why does Ash have to lose to the new rival? He should ALWAYS beat his rivals in the league. Especially if he is going to win the league this saga.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    I don't think they're participating in the League, (Especially the show's butt monkey) but we'll see. Though, why does Ash have to lose to the new rival? He should ALWAYS beat his rivals in the league. Especially if he is going to win the league this saga.
    because id much rather see him lose to a rival over some goit they introduce just for the league

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    It would be nice if they had that point system in the league where they get points to move on through wins or ties instead of losses, and no loss would knock them out right away.

That way the rivals and Ash can all face each other.

It would be nice if they had that point system in the league where they get points to move on through wins or ties instead of losses, and no loss would knock them out right away.

That way the rivals and Ash can all face each other.
    maybe up until final 8, knock out battles...and final 8 they all face each other for points, whoever gets more points goes to the semifinals! i dont think it will happen tho, its just an idea

Quote Originally Posted by takecare View Post
    maybe up until final 8, knock out battles...and final 8 they all face each other for points, whoever gets more points goes to the semifinals! i dont think it will happen tho, its just an idea
    That could work too, plus Ash and his rivals would pretty much be the last ones standing, even though Ash would probably lose in the final 8 even with the point system.

This new rival.... I'm hoping for Alder's grandson or the main BW 2 rival, but maybe the "new" rival just might be Dawn, for this tournament only.

Trip - Honestly, I don't mind him. He's written with a lot more subtlety than Gary or Paul, but I think a relaxed and distant nature works for a rival of Ash. I suspect Trip is going to find a lot of his success at the league, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if he won the thing beating Ash in the finals. It would explain why he hasn't been made to seem dominant the way other rivals were. His relationship with Alder and his dreams of strength are built slowly rather than in bursts. My only issue is that I wish he was around more, since after Alder we've pretty much lost track of his journey.

Bianca - Bianca I think has been everything she needs to be. Inexperienced and impatient but manages to be effective, not unlike Ash was when he was starting out. Though I've noticed there's been no mention of her badge quest since facing Elesa, and I wonder if she'll perhaps realize she can't do it and not try to enter the league like in the games.

Stephan - Stephan is an interesting case. Of all the rivals, he's the one who feels like he's gotten strongest from his début to his last appearance. But while he's a good challenge for Ash, I haven't seen a single mention of him going for badges, and I think throwing him in the league at the end would undermine the whole struggle Ash went through to get his eight badges if it was never established Stephan was even interested in them.

Georgia - Georgia is entertaining, she's got a cool personality and her dialogue and actions feel very natural. I like how they show her interacting with all the other characters at tournaments and other gatherings and not just being one-note about her being a dragon buster, a trap which has doomed many a fictinal character. I look forward to an eventual final battle between her and Iris.

Burgundy - While I don't find anything particularly offensive about Burgundy, I think it will be a bit of a waste of her build-up is she doesn't have a final battle against Cilan and win. Cilan has almost nothing to gain and given his record in battle this season could afford to take a loss, and it would really bring the rivalry full circle.

I'd also like to see Suwama make some more appearances, I thought his removal was a bit anti-climactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum! View Post
    This new rival.... I'm hoping for Alder's grandson or the main BW 2 rival, but maybe the "new" rival just might be Dawn, for this tournament only.
    oh deary me. dawn being the new rival would be just awful. just just awful

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage25 View Post
    Ash needs to show Trip what "The Boonies" are made of! (aka Charizard)
    Because the majority of Charizard's strength was developed in Kanto, right?

Nope.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast