View Poll Results: What is your favorite Elemental Monkey?

Voters
415. You may not vote on this poll
  • Simisage

163 39.28%
  • Simisear

102 24.58%
  • Simipour

78 18.80%
  • I like them equal

72 17.35%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Did you use your Elemental Monkey?

I used Simipour, but only because good Water-types (even though I hated them) were lacking in Gen 5. It was replaced by a Ludicolo I got from the Dream World.
    Everyone together! · 大家聚合!· Alles zusammen! · 모두 함께! · 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Only for the first Gym Leader, when I couldn't be bothered to get my team (especially my starter) to a high enough level. Otherwise, there are often better choices, though the monkeys' stats are decent and well-balanced.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I don't use mine. I never really liked the monkeys.

My first run I used my Pansear, and I really liked it... but then I evolved it.
    See, I was trying extra hard not to look at the pokemon before it got released because I wanted it to be a surprise, so I had no idea that when Pansear evolves, it gets a beer belly.
    And evolving it didn't even make it more useful to the team either. x_x I think I dropped it right at the elite four in favor of Heatmor haha.

Alpha Sapphire Team

I loved my Simisage, and it became a huge part of my Black team.
    Simipour on White, on the other hand.... I still used it and trained it against the Elite 4 on my journey, but it was not really a helpful asset in any way besides Surfing.

Yes, I've kept my Pansear and evolved him I believe prior to battling Skyla. I wanted a Fire-type, and I didn't really want to use Darumaka or Litwak. I wanted to try and stay away from rather popular choices from what I have seen/guessed.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Nah, they were really annoying and didn't have a great moveset. I got past the first gym, realized how horrible it was, and then boxed it. That's about it.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I love them, especially Pansear. My Simisear is so cute!

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

i used it and thought it would get better if i evolved it early at Castelia.
    Bad Choice.
    After that, well it got boxed and was never seen again
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I used some of them once for Musicals.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Yes, it actually ended up making it onto my final team as my water type (I had Snivy as a starter so I got Panpour.)
    It was extremely useful in battles with Cheren.

On one particular playthrough of Black, I did indeed use my Pansear, Scorch...

...And he ended up being on my final team as a Simisear. I evolved him late since I wanted to get Crunch, but he held his own okay even then. I haven't actively used either of the other two, but I was recently training them on White 2 I think... I need to get back to training them, actually. They're not terrible, and they are rather cute.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

Yeah, my Simisear's been pretty much a regular in the team since I got him. He's fallen behind the rest a bit level wise, (low 50s compared to mid-60s of the rest of the team) so he quite often gets left behind when I'm heading east or doing anything a bit challenging. But he gets slotted back in whenever I'm around the earlier routes and with a couple of reasonably high PP moves does a good job at sweeping away all those pesky low level Pokemon, (I'm too cheap to go buying loads of repels)
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

No, since using Pansear (picked Oshawott), that still didn't save me from an asskicking from Cilan. That monkey is just...terrible.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I used Pansage in my first playthrough but next time round after the first gym, he want straight into the PC.

The answer is no, because they look... I don,t know how to describe, but you'll understand that I didn't like them. I ust used simisear to beat the first gym and that's all.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

I tend to use gift Pokemon for my teams. Pansear was a big help in the 1st Gym and forward.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

i didnt like any of them, they just looked unattractive to me, maby if they had a 3rd evolution i would of thought about it.

besides who needs an elemental monkey when you have Infernape :P

I didn't really like any of the elemental monkeys at first. Simisage just looks horrendous to me. ;__; But after I beat Pokemon Black, I came to really like Simipour and Simisear. It turns out, they're very useful for me in battle at times! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I did but when I was at the 5th gym I just putted it in my pc.
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

No he just sits there along with MM fails

3DS FC: 5000-3615-6054 IGN-Hyori
    MY BLACK FC: 4642 5240 8797
    My black2 FC 5415 8754 8627

I'm an event hunter If you've got events Pm me ,shinies welcome

My vote goes to Simisear; he's my favorite monkey being Fire type and all xD

In Pokemon Black (my main version) i never used him (except for the first gym) when i began with Oshawott though as there was another Fire type Pokemon i liked more, plus he got KO'd too easily (though it could of been the nature) and Incinerate was just underwhelming x.x''

In Pokemon White i started with Tepig and got Pansage and for some reason he was better; that being said i still didn't stick with him though and replaced him with Petilil.

Panpour was pretty good though (on one of my first playthrough's) and i can say she was the best out of the monkey's i've trained, even HM wise, but i still didn't keep her (used the fossil turtle instead-can't remember it's name though).

I had to restart Black though so i may be willing to give Pansear another chance as i know more about natures and things now than back then.
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 9th March 2013 at 11:27 AM.
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

I absolutely despise all three of these pokemon. Terrible looking. Terrible playing. I didnt use any of them after the first gym. I ditched pansear for darumakka.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I use simisear till 5th gym cuz i need him in then i replace him with litwick

btw to turtwigfanclub

HES A SQUIRTLE RIPOFF

I like them all and their evolutions.

For the game, I started with Snivy and got Panpour, along the way I caught the other tree, after a while I started to leave them behind as I caught my favorite Pokemon along the way. Got rid of Panpour after I got Minccino (then got rid of it later too) first, then Pansage after I caught Emolga, and finally Pansear evolved it to Simisear but got rid of it after I caught Mienfoo.

For the 3 they were very useful during the game, but my favorite Pokemon take their place. At times I substitute of my favorite Pokemon for one of the 3 monkeys to use in a battle. I don't want to just abandon them.

Vote: I voted for Simisage, to represent Pansage, as he is my favorite of the three thanks to Cilan (my favorite Pokemon of his).
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast