View Poll Results: What is your favorite Elemental Monkey?

Voters
415. You may not vote on this poll
  • Simisage

163 39.28%
  • Simisear

102 24.58%
  • Simipour

78 18.80%
  • I like them equal

72 17.35%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Did you use your Elemental Monkey?

I actually thought the monkeys were kind of cute! At least their first forms. The evolutions were all kind of bleh. I especially liked the Water one.
    Since I started with Tepig in White 1, I ended up with the Grass one.
    I tried to use it--I mean REALLY tried. But I ended up replacing it out of pity pretty soon after it repeatedly got its *** handed to it, battle after battle.
    White 2 FC: 4299 2167 6840

Spoiler:- needs/haves:

yes I did, and I liked him alot, but I replaced Simisear with Zekrom before the battle with N :/
    I can smell u

Briefly during the first gym and then it was dumped in a pc box soon afterwards. They're pretty crap anyway and I'm not too fussed on their designs.

No, I didn't. I never really liked any of them and I put Pansage straight to the PC.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I did through most, if not all, the story play through. PC'd him after that.

I used it once, which was Pansage. The other times no, I didn't even bother to take one.
    e

When i first played through, when it came out, i DID NOT even talk to the girl. Was low on hp from the other battles, and though she was a trainer.....Come to find out on the internet SHE WOULD GIVE ME A PANPOUR. >:U

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowTheBricks View Post
    When i first played through, when it came out, i DID NOT even talk to the girl. Was low on hp from the other battles, and though she was a trainer.....Come to find out on the internet SHE WOULD GIVE ME A PANPOUR. >:U
    haha lol. i thought the same thing but I talked to her anyway the first time

although i find beating the first gym easy even without the monkey
    e

I used the monkey for the first gym battle since it's sort of difficult without it, but they I put it in the PC, since there are Pokemon I like more and are better.

In black i used my pansear and never evolved it through the whole game and white 2 i didnt use a single pokemon from unova but my pansear is one of my best pokemon on my fire team

i used simisage once in white and he actualy did pretty well against the elite 4 but im not a fan of there designs so i doubt ill use one of them again
    -FireRed
    -SoulSilver
    -Emerald
    -Platinum
    -White
    -White2

I don't like using Pokemon that the game tries to force you to use. I've never liked the monkeys anyway; they've always screamed "unoriginal" to me. I hate how they appear in every fifth gen game, like GF is so proud that they managed to rehash the same Pokemon into 3 different families without too many complaints.

ie, no. I never used my Elemental Monkey.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

I loved Simisage. I found him to be useful, and I never took him off my team. Simisage is also my favorite out of the three monkeys. To be honest though, I did think they were a bit unoriginal at first. After using Simisage, I came to like them okay. The only one I actually really like is Simisage. Maybe if I ever decide to use Simisear or Simipour, I'll change my mind about them.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Yup. Elfes the Simisage. One of my permanent Black team members.

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

Failed 9 times beating the first leaders, found a pansear, named him Fred, completely owned the first gym afterwards, leveled him up to level 49 at the 8th gym, then I got a Golett, now he's forever boxed... He's had an interesting life.

I don't think I ever used mine properly... I did some random training to the Panpour I got, but never even bothered to evolve it.

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

Going along with the idea of the first gym (which I liked) it was a good idea. However, the actual pokemon were lame. If it had been like a "second starter," something badass that you could really only get one of and could grow along with you, I think it woulda been awesome. As it was, however, I barely used mine at all.

I have a tendency to only catch pokemon I actually want on my first run-through of a game, so I actually didn't have a full team at the first gym. I had Tepig so I got Pansage. Taught him cut and used him for that one tree off to the west of the first city and then never used him again. Panpour seemed like it might be alright though.

I'm not too far into Black, as I just got it a week ago, but I got Pansear, and he's been pretty helpful. I'm about to go for my 4th gym badge and I've just evolved him. I'll probably keep him around for a while, depending on whether or not I find a better fire type.

i did for awhile then i got rid of him...i didn't really need to use it after beating the gym leader....i just never liked any of them tbh :/

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

I didn't use my elemental monkey. Mind you, I also didn't use my starter the moment I acquired a drilbur.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

I used my Simisage in White version cuz I didnt like the other grass type Pokemon available. Im still using him in that game cuz hes at level 100 and Im too lazy to train another grass Pokemon.

Only against the first gym leader. After that I ditched it.

If you are a good Pokemon player, then you can say "The three monkeys are made of fail!" They look stupid. Their names are lazy too. While they are fast, they aren't very strong.
    If you're a beginner you can use them as team members, because they are decent actually. They have a large movepool, a great Speed stat and really help against some gyms(especially the first one).

Overall, the three monkeys receive mixed reviews. I personally don't use them in-game, though.

I used Pansage/Simisear right the way through my white run. I also spent ages in Pinwheel forest hunting down the other two, but they never made it onto the main team. All three are at level 100 now though.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

In each play through I used the elemental monkey.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast