Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #74

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoshi View Post
    Lucario, a fan-favorite and competitive regular. Good stats, good type, decent abilities, a slick design (looks like Anubis and can cause as much damage too), no wonder this Pokemon is so popular. Adding to this potential is an impressive movepool (far greater than either of it's types would suggest) and now has access to semi-reliable self healing (Drain Punch going up in damage & PowerPoint amount), meaning so few Pokemon can switch in and claim to counter every possible Lucario variation. Sadly, Lucario is a Pokemon of wasted potential, too. Despite a higher Special Attack (expect me to rant about this more in future), most competitive sets rely on Lucario's Attack stat. This generation, Lucario's Dream World ability Justified is dead-set on cementing it's role as another Physical Sweeper, dare I say overshadowing the fact that Lucario now has access to Nasty Plot; the lack of this move somewhat justified (groan if you hate puns too) raising Lucario to be Physical since it then (and still now) has Swords Dance. Not that it's a bad thing, but when more people praise a Pokemon for doing one thing when it's stats are inclined another way and has the potential for so much more...
    Okay, enough with the rant. Physical Lucario is deadly for a reason, the less common Special variants are no less deadly (and are what set Lucario apart from other Fighting types), and there is a niche that Lucario can do that few others can...and of them, only Lucario can pull it off so darn well. (I'll post other sets later this week as I think of them and find them not already mentioned, but for the moment, just this one)

His power level...IT'S OVER 9000!

~Bullet Punch
    ~Vacuum Wave
    ~Work Up
    ~Filler (see Other Options below)
    Attached Item: Life Orb/Leftovers/Expert Belt/Lum Berry
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs and Nature: 128 Attack / 128 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    Naive (+ Speed, - Special Defense), Hasty (+ Speed, - Defense)

Plenty of Pokemon get a Priority move. Few get both a Special and a Physical Priority move. Lucario is one of a handful that runs the above moveset (depending on the filler, only one other can copy this). Of that handful, only Smeargle has the stats that aren't lopsided to make this totally unfeasible...and what was said about Smeargle's sweeping capabilities even with Technician (which would make this set near-broken on Lucario)? Anyways, this is something that only Lucario can hope to pull off, and if given a chance, will strike fear into the hearts of unexpecting battlers. Scizor may pull off Bullet Punch with more intimidation thanks to STAB and Technician, but Lucario does have some advantages: unpredictable other moves and a manageable X2 Fire weakness among them. Vacuum Wave is a Special Attack that gets Priority (works off of Lucario's higher offensive stat too) that is rarely seen on anything not named Toxicroak (who's Special Attack is laughable compared to Lucario). This gives Lucario an element of surprise and screws over counters who think they can handle a non-Scizor backed Bullet Punch (like Skarmory). Lucario also gets STAB on both of these Priority moves, and last time I checked, there is no other Pokemon who gets STAB on two Priority attacks of different types that also are not both Physical and/or Special. Which means anything switching in will be hurt by one or the other. Work Up is what earns this moveset the Vegeta meme for it's title. It boosts both the user's Attack and Special Attack by one stage each. Not immediately impressive compared to Swords Dance or Nasty Plot but when you can strike the legendary Skarm-Bliss wall combo at their weak points...yeah, that is not something you want to take lightly. The final moveslot should be used depending on what you need, be that a more powerful move to sweep or something to deal with a would-be counter. You can't cover everything with this moveslot, so pick what you need and work your team to cover the missing gaps.
    Item should be self-explanitory at this point: Life Orb is blahblahblah, Leftovers give healing, Expert Belt is blahblahblah, Lum Berry so you don't get ruined by status (once).
    As for Ability...as mentioned earlier, Technician would make this set near-broken. Short of a Gameshark or Action Replay (or anything like that), you can't get a Lucario with this anyways. Justified can be used, but not recommended unless you use a Physical Attack for the filler. Usable, but I prefer Steadfast for this set. Being immune to Flinch is nice, but when you end up out-speeding even Arceus Extremespeed (should the situation arise, though I doubt it) after a few flinches with your own Priority moves, then you can shout this meme and you might well be right.
    EVs should be self-explanitory for those of you who've seen my Mew entry. If desired, you can swap out 8-12 EVs from one of Lucario's offensive stats to the other if you wish for more damage to be done to whichever of Skarm-Bliss you need more help with, but with Work Up boosting both offensives at the same time, this is a case where you can forgo the massive investment to one stat or the other. Now, because of this set's focus on Priority moves, one might question why invest in Lucario's Speed at all. A good question, with good answers. 1, you want to ensure that you've got a safety layer in place to get at least one Work Up in before you get Taunted by anything not running Prankster. 2, at Base 90 Speed, Lucario isn't the fastest out there. Another Priority user with a Choice Scarf or, even worse, an Infernape can and will outrun you even with double Priority unless you max out your Speed. Even then it might not be enough, but what's the odds that your opponent is expecting you to run this set?
    Nature is for the same reason as EV placement, plus no real reason to run something else. Or, as can be described in the following trademarked opener: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...a previous generation once claimed that "Lucario's offensive stats are usable at their Base." Unless that has changed, there is no need to run an offensive-boosting Nature on this set.

OTHER OPTIONS:
    Okay, now for the moves that can be used to flesh out this moveset. Like I said earlier, not every move will cover every threat that you will face. Just pick what you need most and build your team around what you can't hurt.
    ~Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball hit Bulky Ghosts (who seem to counter most sets I create) hard and gives perfect coverage with Vacuum Wave. The claw is Physical and has a higher Critical rate while the ball works off the higher offensive stat and may lower Special Defense, making the aforementioned Fighting move hit harder.
    ~Dark Pulse/Crunch are in the same boat as the previous moves, just with slightly less perfect coverage. Dark Pulse can Flinch, but Lucario's a tad slow to try and take advantage of this. Crunch can lower the foe's Defense, making Bullet Punch hit harder.
    ~Dragon Pulse nails Salamence and Garchomp while hitting neutral on almost everything. And of the things that resist it, most Steel types don't want to take a Vacuum Wave.
    ~Extremespeed makes Lucario the only Pokemon who can run 3 Priority moves at once...and do major damage with them. The lack of super-effective coverage and low PP makes this option less desirable, but if you really want to put far more EVs into Lucario's offense instead of Speed, use it.
    ~Aura Sphere is for straightforward sweeping.
    ~Close Combat is in the same boat as Aura Sphere, but Physical and has a negative side affect that may bite you in your tail.
    ~Psychic gets rid of Toxicroak (as well as other Fighting types) and has good power and a useful side affect. Plus only Dark types (and Shedinja) are immune to it, and few would dare switch into a Lucario in the first place.
    ~Brick Break is...same as Close Combat just more PP, less power, and stops Screen users.
    ~Stone Edge/Rock Slide is for Gyrados, Volcarona, and Salamence. For those who don't know me by now, Rock Slide gets preference due to higher accuracy, more PP, and can Flinch.
    ~Poison Jab...if you really hate Tangrowth and want to see it die. Not much else otherwise.
    ~Flash Cannon is in the same boat as Aura Sphere. Advantages? May lower the foe's Special Defense and the only Ghost type immune is Shedinja.
    ~Sky Uppercut is a more powerful, slightly less reliable Brick Break.
    ~Blaze Kick ends Heracross, Ferrothorn, and the swarm of Bug/Steel types that are critical to many teams.
    (from this point on, the following moves are illegal with Justified. if you want that ability, don't consider anything after this point)
    ~Drain Punch, as previously stated, gives Lucario some self-healing and got better this generation.
    ~Thunderpunch annihilates Gyrados.
    ~Ice Punch annihilates the multitude of X4 Ice-weak Dragons.
    Agree with your sets. A work up can actually give your opponent doubts on which fight spectrum you posses. It's like:

"IS THAT LUCARIO AN ARCH SAGE(SPECIAL) OR A VANGUARD(PHYSICAL)?!" Puns from Fire Emblem ya kno.

But here is my opinion on what ranks made lucario a 4th generation star. (Heck, I'll be honest! Riolu is Sinnoh's Pikachu!)

Top 3: Movie awesomeness. Only few poke movies represents sacrifice, loyalty, and death like his movie. Tied with Mewtwo's movie. Really, why are many players around the world idolize killing when they don't like being killed?

Top 2: He is playable in Super Smash Bros Brawl! If only pokemon's double team is THAT Lucario's Double team! Dodges an attack and counter back to the enemy. Really, lucario is fitting for an action game like brawl like mewtwo. PLUS, A BRAWL EXCLUSIVE MOVE! "Feel the power, of the aura! Aura Storm!" A crazy epic version of a fighting type hyper beam, yet it acts like a solarbeam.

Top 1: Of course! Online battles in pokemon. From a cute little dedicated puppy. (Aaaaaawwwww. You're so cute! and cool! Whoever hates riolu will prank you for eternity with taunt.) Into a badass main character replacement, Woundn't it be nice if all of us can control aura? I'd love it.

Oh, and lets not forget the cute puppy. With prankster, I guess it has a new role on little cup up to NU for taunting and more. Don't dare going on eviolite. It may be a waste of performance for a puppy K-9, except for the annoyer (Wich you can't hate for being cute as well. Hy, its thanks to these 2 that I overcame most of my fear of real life dogs).
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Luke, the spec warrior
    @Life Orb
    Steadfast
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Aura Sphere / Focus Blast
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dark Pulse / Nasty Plot / Calm Mind

Special set. Aura Sphere is his signature and reliable fighting move, but Focus Blast trades accuracy for power. Vacuum Wave for priority move, meaning you can have a STABbed 60 base power and maximizing Sp.Att efforts. The third slot goes for Dragon Pulse. Although Dark Pulse is the common choice for hitting Psychic and Ghost moves, Dragon Pulse cover all of the resistances (Bug types resist the other duo) and has more BP than Dark Pulse. Last move either for Dark Pulse if you really want to cover more super-effective damage or Nasty Plot/Calm Mind if you go for stat boost

PS: During the week, it suddenly came to my mind that Lucario could be this POTW, I don't know why since I don't even try to guess which one is going to be the next one. Weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Why is everyone mentioning Water Pulse, yes it can confuse but Stone Edge covers fire's and Ice Punch hits grounds including Landorus and Gliscor. Base power of 60 is weaker then HP water with base power of 70.
    Its for use on special sets. Hp water may have higher power, but water pulse has that confusion niche. Shame lucario can't learn psyshock, because it learns psychic, you would think it can learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Its for use on special sets. Hp water may have higher power, but water pulse has that confusion niche. Shame lucario can't learn psyshock, because it learns psychic, you would think it can learn it.
    WOW don't tell me a 30% confusion chance and with that bulk lucario can always confuse it is better than just outright kill them with ES or VW...

Lucario is an attacker any chance of Stalling or bulky lucario shouldn't be considered.

A good lucario runs priority and a boosting move (got every boosting move it needs) if it don't run one of them at least then the lucario set is MEH.

I got an idea for a set: double boosting lucario with agility and SD or NP and
    crunch/close combat or shadow ball/aura sphere but I think it is outclassed by terrakion.

I think that the thing lucario does the best is spam Extreame Speed once he SDes it isn't outclassed because dragonite can't learn swords dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    WOW don't tell me a 30% confusion chance and with that bulk lucario can always confuse it is better than just outright kill them with ES or VW...

Lucario is an attacker any chance of Stalling or bulky lucario shouldn't be considered.

A good lucario runs priority and a boosting move (got every boosting move it needs) if it don't run one of them at least then the lucario set is MEH.

I got an idea for a set: double boosting lucario with agility and SD or NP and
    crunch/close combat or shadow ball/aura sphere but I think it is outclassed by terrakion.

I think that the thing lucario does the best is spam Extreame Speed once he SDes it isn't outclassed because dragonite can't learn swords dance.
    I do like the idea of the confusion, but it outclassed by so many other special moves that it is only a last thing that should be thought of. when testing a 252 spd jolly lucario, it got outsped by alot of things. A smash-pass sorts that out, or, try steel gem +bullet punch / normal gem+extreme speed /fighting gem+vacuum wave and skill swap with unbudened driftblim or just try skill swap with dw xatu for a magic bounce or magic guard from a skill swap from dw alakasam. These are just suggestions, but the unburdened swap seems the best, with the speed boost. alternativley, try a choice scarf for a revenge killer (if not abusing the 3 priorty moves).

I do like the idea of the confusion, but it outclassed by so many other special moves that it is only a last thing that should be thought of. when testing a 252 spd jolly lucario, it got outsped by alot of things. A smash-pass sorts that out, or, try steel gem +bullet punch / normal gem+extreme speed /fighting gem+vacuum wave and skill swap with unbudened driftblim or just try skill swap with dw xatu for a magic bounce or magic guard from a skill swap from dw alakasam. These are just suggestions, but the unburdened swap seems the best, with the speed boost. alternativley, try a choice scarf for a revenge killer (if not abusing the 3 priorty moves).
    Good luck with Conkeldurr and Skill Swapping is too gimmicky since Lucario is frail

Quote Originally Posted by tomjames1966 View Post
    Crunch is better than Shadow Claw!
    My riolu set!
    Riolu
    Illegal Prankster Set
    @Leftovers
    EVS: 252HP/100Def/100Sp.Def/56 Spd
    Ability: Prankster
    Nature: Jolly
    Toxic
    Roar(If it gets the prankster boost. /(if not)Circle throw
    Protect
    Attract
    Stalling at first doesn't seem to be what riolu sould do, but then you look at his ability. Prankster, one of the best abilitys in the game makes riolu into a effective toxic shuffler. Attract is there to help stall for time and male is the most common gender(as some players prefer male rather than female(I know a few who do!)) and infatuation is so annoying.
    Both Circle Throw and Roar have the same priority so the Prankster Boost would raise them from -6 to -5
    You should have some kind of attacking move because right now you're major taunt bait. Although, i don't think a status Riolu is very normal...
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Good luck with Conkeldurr and Skill Swapping is too gimmicky since Lucario is frail
    What I meant was other pokemon using it on him. In triples, use clefable , lucario abd skill swap unburdened driftblim. Clefable distracts, lucario attacks, and driftblim uses skill swap on lucario. You lose clefable, but anyway, it was a suggestion. Could work if used correctly
    @serpentine
    Wouldn't that mean that you can play mind gmes and try win. Its unexpected, but could catch you off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Both Circle Throw and Roar have the same priority so the Prankster Boost would raise them from -6 to -5
    You should have some kind of attacking move because right now you're major taunt bait. Although, i don't think a status Riolu is very normal...
    I thought that circle throw had basic priority...

Oh it doesn't. Guess you shouldn't use roar and use circle throw instead because circle throw stops you from being Taunt bait.

Credit to iPokemon^

Quote Originally Posted by tomjames1966 View Post
    I thought that circle throw had basic priority...

Oh it doesn't. Guess you shouldn't use roar and use circle throw instead because circle throw stops you from being Taunt bait.
    It may bait taunters, but who would use one on riolu, as they expect a physical sweeper. It cripples their team, so it can be a suggestion.

It may bait taunters, but who would use one on riolu, as they expect a physical sweeper. It cripples their team, so it can be a suggestion.
    Yeah
    And after an attract a pokemon only has a 50% chance of hitting so you have a 50% chance of shuffling if the opponent doesn't switch.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to say that you could change the item to Evolite or Focus Sash.

Does Endure run off the same chance of Protect? If it doesn't you can survive for 20+ turns as you could Protect, then Endure leaving you with 1 HP, then you could Protect, then Endure and so on!

Credit to iPokemon^

So, after diving into ou, i've decided on a work up set as a anti-metagame set..it'll work best with specific team support due to a 4 move slot syndrome of the nastier kind...

Lucario +Life Orb
    Hasty +156att/120spatt/232speed
    -Work Up
    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch
    -Hidden Power Electric

Ok, so there are a few threats that this cannot really handle well...mainly Latios, Scizor, and revenge killers...the speed allows lucario to outrun everything that gets up to 300 speed(which zoroark likes to run)...the hidden power electric 2HKOs slowbro at +1 and every other water type except rotom-w and specially defensive polidoed(who dislike taking close combats) Ice punch slaughters everything 4x weak to ice...this lucario cannot really get thru dedicated physical walls that resist electric...tangrowth can take an ice punch or close combat, and hippowdon is immune to hidden power...a good partner is mixed scarf T-tar or (better yet an infernape or wevile despite the overlapping coverage)Even something like gengar or starmie would be a good compliment
    Last edited by MetalCrow; 28th May 2012 at 7:45 PM.

Any one thought of me first. It's funny reflecting back an earthquake to an unsuspecting steel type(steelix and aggron). outclassed by other sets, but is quite good to use on a mixed set. Funny yet useless in higher tiers. It just needs a say. try it in this set
    Queue pusher
    hasty/naive
    -me first
    -extreme speed
    -aura sphere
    -blaze kick/crunch
    evs 252 speed 128 att 128 sp att
    item life orb/choice scarf
    ability steadfast.
    Quite funny to watch

Auragility
    Lucario@Wise Glasses
    Modest nature
    Inner Focus/Steadfast
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Agility
    ~Aura Sphere
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Flash Cannon/Dragon Pulse

Lucario is incredible. Nice offenses, a great movepool... only real issue is the iffy Speed, and even then, Agility is just the thing to remedy this. Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball provide unresisted coverage; therefore, the final move is filler. Flash Cannon is for extra STAB, albeit unnecessary, and Dragon Pulse is just all-around decent.

Item is for boosting Lucario's already nice Special Attack. Ability doesn't actually matter.

Physical Auragility
    Lucario@Muscle Band
    Adamant nature
    Inner Focus/Steadfast
    252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Agility
    ~Hi Jump Kick
    ~Shadow Claw
    ~Blaze Kick

A physical version of the previous set. Same general idea behind it. Agility, Ghost + Fighting coverage, filler move.

Item is for boosting Lucario's already nice Attack. Ability doesn't actually matter.

Other options:
    *Lucario can use Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, but would be better off working on its Speed, which is the stat that really needs the help.
    *Speaking of Swords Dance, it could go well with Extremespeed and Bullet Punch.

Abilities:
    *Inner Focus: Lucario can't flinch. A great way to discourage Fake Out usage, for sure.
    *Steadfast: Whenever Lucario flinches, its Speed goes up one stage. A decent enough ability, but nobody's really gonna try and Fake Out a Lucario in the first place, and its defenses mean that any other flinch-inducing moves would more likely KO.
    *Justified: Lucario's Hidden Ability. When Lucario is hit by a Dark move, its Attack goes up one stage. Currently legal, but only on special male-only event Lucario, with access to only one Egg move- Bullet Punch. Given its extremely limited availability and the consequential movepool suffering, hardly worth the effort.

Partners:
    You can't go wrong with Smashpassing. Or really, any Baton Passer with a Speed-increasing move. Rapid Spin support isn't high in demand with Lucario, given its 4x resistance to Stealth Rock and its immunity to Toxic Spikes.

Counters:
    Priority moves are something you want to watch out for. Particularly the likes of Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave.

Opinion:
    Overrated very much, but you can't deny that Lucario is cool.

Prediction for next week:
    Ditto.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Lucario can be the example of a pokemon that gamefreak actually took some time working on it. Usually, we often say "What was gamefreak thinking?" but in this particular case, we say "What?! Was gamefreak thinking?". Their project was making a pokemon outside of legendaries that have an enormous potential! It even is the only non legendary pokemon to have a major role in a pokemon movie! Lucario while doesn't have the stats of legendaries is one of the most fearsome sweeper in the standard play. Take for instance it's typing: Steel/Fight combines the best_hands down_defensive types in the game with one of the best (and for me the best) offensive types in the game. That alone should tell you what to expect from lucario. It's movepool, while not infinite, is the best thing lucario has. It has many viable moves, many disruptive moves and many boosting moves, priority moves including extremespeed, support moves, hazing, etc... making lucario one of the most versatile pokemon in the game. If you actually just read what I'm typing, you'll notice a lot of "The best... in the game", and "the most... in the game" wich only prooves how terrific this pokemon is!

Stats wise, they are balanced enough to add to lucario's versatility... it's offenses are practically equal making it able to attack from both sides. Defense wise, it is surprisingly weak despite it's steel typing. While not having the best defenses but it's access to a lot of resistances allow lucario to switch and take some resisted attacks with relative ease. For me, lucario's major letdown was it's speed. 90 is very good actually, but leaves it outsped by major competitors and counters but access to priority and agility makes up for this minor issue.

Lucario also wishes it had better abilities... While none of the is actually completely useless, they are situational and too gimmicky for a serious straightforward attacker like lucario. Justified from the DW is actually pretty sweet letting lucario bypass it's mediocre speed when switching in a predicted dark type attack.

As for a possible set... Well... Zebstrika has a possible set... Lucario has a lot... This is how it is versatile... I'm not gonna try to post one... for many of you has already posted a bunch!

While lucario is very effective it does have a way around it... Fire, Ground, and fighting types attacks all kill lucario.... infernape can destroy it with mach punch or another fire or fighting type attack. Water, electric, flying and psychic type attacks also work well as lucario takes neutral hits from those types. A small tip, don't bother yourself trying to find out what kind of moves lucario have to send the perfect counter, lucario is so versatile that you won't even know what it will be doing to you... you just need to get rid of it as soon as possible... once you see lucario, send in a faster pokemon with a priority super effective attack (Mach punch, vaccuum wave) and hope lucario doesn't have the right move to deal with it!
    Last edited by Rayofquazar; 28th May 2012 at 10:28 PM.

Bullet punch is useless... it only good point against mach punch is that it can beat gengar with it but that's all mach punch>bullet punch
    but extreame speed got more power than both and good coverage overall so use this...
    Driftblimb LOL (good in NU but that's all...)

unburden skill swap Y U NO use agility instead?
    Physical Choice Scarf is outclassed by terrakion Special CHoice Scarf... can be used to spam aura sphere but it is a slow scarf..

Like I said the best sets are those with boosting moves
    Last edited by Ilan; 28th May 2012 at 10:23 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

Bullet punch is useless... it only good point against mach punch is that it can beat gengar with it but that's all mach punch>bullet punch
    but extreame speed got more power than both and good coverage overall so use this...

Physical Choice Scarf is outclassed by terrakion Special CHoice Scarf... can be used to spam aura sphere but it is a slow scarf..

Lucario is quite frail, as when you boost, you let stuff like conkeldurr and other pokemon to get a free turn at KOing it. Its defences are quite poor, and really does need a bit more speed. Well that was the skill swap idea, completely speeding you up, so you can sweep. The better option is smash pass. Double offences and speed. All it needs is a focus sash and then it wipes out the foes.

Lucario is quite frail, as when you boost, you let stuff like conkeldurr and other pokemon to get a free turn at KOing it. Its defences are quite poor, and really does need a bit more speed. Well that was the skill swap idea, completely speeding you up, so you can sweep. The better option is smash pass. Double offences and speed. All it needs is a focus sash and then it wipes out the foes.
    The agility idea does the same but with less headache.
    Lucario can set up because it resist so many types he cause switches and in those switches he set up.

and that's why you don't boost on your counters XD... like a +1 volcarona would se up on an infernape it is better just HP ground/rock him.

Lucario, my favourite pokemon, I will go through three movesets

Special Attack Sweeper
    Modest
    Item: Life Orb/ Leftovers/ Air Balloon
    Ability: Steadfast or Inner Focus
    EVs: Sp.A 252, Speed 252, HP 4
    Moves
    #1: Nasty Plot
    #2: Aura Sphere
    #3: Dark Pulse
    #4: Vacuum wave/ Flash Cannon/ Dragon Pulse
    this moveset is based around using Nasty Plot to boost your attack to skyhigh levels with Nasty Plot, and crushing all that stand in your way. Aura Sphere is your basic reliable stab move, Dark pulse hits Ghost and psychics hard, now for the last move i personally use Vacuum Wave, this allows Lucario to get priority and stab to finish off opponents that refuse to fall. if you do not want priority you could use Dragon Pulse to deal with any dragons that threaten your sweep, or if you rather have a steel move then use Flash Cannon. the EVs are simple increase special attack to hit hard and increased speed to hit fast, the remaining evs put in HP. Life Orb allows you to hit even harder but you take a slight hp hit, or if you don't like taking the damage you can use leftover to heal your the damage you've taken/ or if you are afraid of ground type moves and entry hazards Air Balloon can help you avoid those two.

Physical attack Sweeper Lucario
    Adamant
    Item: Life Orb/ Leftovers/ Air Balloon/ wide lens
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: Atk 252, Speed 252, HP 4
    Moves
    #1: Sword Dance
    #2: Close Combat/ Brick break/ cross chop
    #3: EarthQuake/ Crunch/ stone edge
    #4: Extreme Speed/ Bullet Punch
    this set is similar to the special sweeper but with physical moves, sword dance to boost your attacks, close combat is your main stab but if yuo do not like the defence debuff then brick break, or cross chop would work but only has 80 accuracy. earthquake is one of the strongest moves in the game that covers a lot of types fighting type moves can't, or you can use Cruch to act similar to dark pulse to help you hit ghost and psychic types, stone edge could also be a useful attack if you need the type coverage. the last move is for priority, either extreme speed or bullet pucnh. extreme speed grants you with +2 priority, and hits fairly hard, or you can use bullet punch to gain type stab and +1 priority. the Evs are the same but you focus on attack rather than special attack. items are the same, if you rather use cross chop then wide lens could be useful in raising your accuracy. lastly the ability when you get hit by a dark type move your attack goes up, really helpful on a physical sweeper.

Revenge killer
    Type: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: Sp.A 252 Atk 252 Spd 4
    Items: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Jusified
    Moves
    #1: Aura Sphere/ close combat
    #2: EarthQuake
    #3: DarkPulse/ Crunch
    #4: Dragon pulse / priority move
    you may be thinking this move set looks a little strange but it has great coverage, it covers 10 types. this move pool has a mixture of special attack and physical attack moves to give let you use both of Lucarios best attacks. Aura sphere or close combat are for stab, earthquake is for type coverage and power, darkpulse or crunch are to deal with ghost and psychics lastly the fourth attack is for extra coverage or speed dragon pulse will take out dragon types, or you can use a priority move to ensure a hit. the item you use is Choice scarf, it increases your speed by 50% but you can only use one move. the typing it to increase your speed and decrease lucarios defenced which are generally weak. the EVs are to increase the power of both physical and special attacks and slightly increase speed. so you will hit harder.

Lucarios main weakness are his defences, and typing. fire and ground and fighting attacks are really common so if you have a pokemon that can absorb fire such as heatran and a pokemon that can avoid ground type move such as gengar or togekiss then you should be good. gengar is esecially good because he advoids both fighting and ground.

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Rayofquazar View Post
    It even is the only non legendary pokemon to have a major role in a pokemon movie!
    Zoroark and Zorua have major roles in a Pokémon Movie and neither are legendary.

Poor Lucario.
    Lucario is still a pretty good Pokemon, but it suffers from a huge case of a stat being not enough. While base 110 attack and 115 special attack are high, neither are very high. Base 90 speed? In this metagame, 90 is not fast enough anymore. These stats that are not enough do come with boosting moves. When it comes to stat boosting, Lucario truly shines.
    Lucario has access to Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Agility, and Work Up. This makes for great potential in physical, special, and mixed attacking. While tricky, Lucario could also pull off a double boosting set.
    When it comes to attacking choices, Lucario is not lacking. STAB Close Combat, STAB Hi Jump Kick, STAB Aura Sphere, STAB Vacuum Wave, Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball, Crunch, Ice Punch, Stone Edge, Extremespeed, Psychic, and Dragon Pulse pretty much makes up Lucario's usable movepool, and that is a lot.
    I already mentioned some problems Lucario faces, but here are some more. Lucario now has to compete with more fighting types like Conkeldurr, Mienshao, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion while having to outshine old fighting types like Machamp, Breloom, Heracross, Infernape, and Toxicroak.
    Lucario is still a good Pokemon. Just remember that it will never live up to its old hype.

Aura Sword!
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Steadfast (always)
    EVs: 252 attack and speed, 4 hp
    @: Life Orb

Swords Dance
    Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick
    Crunch
    Extremespeed

So one-dimensional, so very deadly.

I have a Nasty Aura
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 sp attack and speed, 4 hp

Nasty Plot
    Aura Sphere
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    Vacuum Wave

Pretty much the same thing.

Auragility
    Nature: Modest|Adamant
    EVs: 252 speed, 4 hp, 252 attack|sp attack

Agility
    Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick|Aura Sphere
    Crunch|Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    Ice Punch/Stone Edge|Dragon Pulse/Psychic/Hidden Power Ice

Yup

Mixed Aura (gimmick)
    Nature: Speed booster that doesn't drop an attacking stat
    EVs: 252 speed, 128 attack and special attack

Work Up
    Aura Sphere|Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick
    Crunch|Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
    Extremespeed

This set is so very simple, but it is lacking in power immensely. That is the very reason why this set is a gimmick. However, after a few Work Up boosts, this set becomes incredibly deadly.

Now, these next sets are as gimmicky as you can get. Don't use them unless you are just having fun and not taking things seriously.

Auragility Sword
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 attack and speed, 4 hp

Swords Dance
    Agility
    Close Combat
    Crunch

If you, by some crazy miracle, manage to pull off both Swords Dance and Agility, Lucario will be terrifying.

Nasty Auragility
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 252 sp attack and speed, 4 hp

Agility
    Nasty Plot
    Aura Sphere
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball

Same as last, only for special attacking.

Mixed Auragility (super gimmick)
    Nature: Don't lower your attack, sp attack, or speed.
    EVs: 252 attack and special attack, 4 speed

Agility
    Work Up
    Aura Sphere|Close Combat
    Crunch|Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse

Unless you square off against a stall team, this set will never be pulled off successfully. However, it is an amazing anti-stall team set.
    I claim Buizel.

Any one thought of me first. It's funny reflecting back an earthquake to an unsuspecting steel type(steelix and aggron). outclassed by other sets, but is quite good to use on a mixed set. Funny yet useless in higher tiers. It just needs a say. try it in this set
    Queue pusher
    hasty/naive
    -me first
    -extreme speed
    -aura sphere
    -blaze kick/crunch
    evs 252 speed 128 att 128 sp att
    item life orb/choice scarf
    ability steadfast.
    Quite funny to watch
    Does anybody else think it's odd that Riolu gets Prankster but Lucario is the one that learns Me First?

Except Lucario gets Vacuum Wave instead of Mach Punch. Vacuum Wave is okay if you want a Special-based Fighting Type Priority Move instead of Aura Sphere. If you want a Physical-based Priority, you go for coverage on Ghost Types and Rock Types with Bullet Punch or raw power and a guaranteed-first priority with Extremespeed.

Forget about Mach Punch, people. Lucario does NOT get it in any way, shape, or form.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

I hope people make good sets for Lucario that I can use because I don't know how to make a good set myself

Apologies if this set (or a variant) has already been posted.

Calm Mind Lucario.

Lucario
    Inner Focus
    Modest @Life Orb
    IVs: Look to max Spe and Sp.A.

Calm Mind
    Aura Sphere
    Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse
    Vacuum Wave

Inner Focus is the ability because we are focusing on Special Attack here - an attack boost would not be necessary (although it could possibly be used to confuse the opponent into thinking you are Attack-based rather than Special Attack-based; in that case, switch into a predicted Dark attack), and this protection against flinching can be useful on occasion.

Calm Mind is used when the opponent switches or uses a move that will be ineffective (or you are behind a baton passed substitute; whatever).
    Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse offer brilliant coverage together, enabling your boosted Lucario to hit most of the OU metagame for at least neutral damage. Alternately Dragon Pulse can be used, for near perfect coverage too, plus it enables Lucario to wall Dragon threats (being part Steel) and hit back for super effective damage.
    Lastly, Vacuum Wave is in there as a priority move, to finish off a weakened pokemon etc.
    Most recent Shiny: *Gligar* (Horde), 24/04/14
    Friend Code: 1590 - 5998 - 7203

Pokémon in my Safari: Electric - Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric

Trinity League badges:

Come join our league! Click here.

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Zoroark and Zorua have major roles in a Pokémon Movie and neither are legendary.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! YES! Couldn't remember them!! LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast